ACTOR: Taylor Kitsch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

257 replies to this topic

stele3

stele3

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2006 @ 9:49 PM

Kudos to westpap for the thread subtitle.

Talk about former A&F model Taylor Kitsch, aka Tim Riggins, here.

jadesfire

jadesfire

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 18, 2006 @ 9:55 PM

I second the thread title!

Really, if they want to increase the ratings for this show, the PTB should put more of Taylor in the ads. That way you can lure people in with the pretty and get them to stay for the quality.

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted Oct 18, 2006 @ 10:14 PM

Fansite

Fansite Gallery

Edited by jayseyfield, Oct 18, 2006 @ 10:15 PM.

Lemon Drop

Lemon Drop

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2006 @ 10:39 PM

That way you can lure people in with the pretty and get them to stay for the quality.

The show's gotten a gift in the form of a former model who can blow us away with the pretty and his ability to act. They'd have to be stupid not to exploit it, especially since people like me are living proof that it works. I started watching for TK, watched the first episode, and was hooked.

But I think TPTB are already one step ahead of us. After all, I doubt the gratuitous Riggins shirtlessness in ep. 1.01 was entirely pointless. Such a marketing ploy. Oh, I'm onto you, TPTB, I'm onto you! ;)

Edited by Lemon Drop, Oct 18, 2006 @ 10:44 PM.

pafirefly

pafirefly

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2006 @ 10:53 PM

I was wondering why I couldn't find a thread for Taylor Kitsch! And definitely keep the title.

Man, this guy has everything, doesn't he? Beauty (and, yes, this man is truly beautiful), talent, and a spot on an awesome show. Drunken Bee, is it possible that the whole forum could share him? Please?

Edited by pafirefly, Oct 18, 2006 @ 10:58 PM.

westpap

westpap

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 18, 2006 @ 11:36 PM

Yay! Glad I could be of service.

Aludra

Aludra

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2006 @ 12:12 AM

I was browsing the FNL cast members' pages on IMDB, just making sure I wasn't falling for a bunch of 20-year-olds, and found out Taylor's Canadian. Not that it really matters, because mostly, he's smokin'.

And holy hell, he's in October's Toro! I hope my mom kept hers. Daaaamn.

Edited by Aludra, Oct 19, 2006 @ 12:13 AM.

Suzybear782000

Suzybear782000

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2006 @ 2:41 PM

Taylor Kitsch is my new tv boyfriend (don't tell the girls over at the Prison Break forum *haha*). I don't know how old he is, but I don't want to find out because I worry that he is super young and might feel weird about my tv crush on him.

jadesfire

jadesfire

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 19, 2006 @ 2:46 PM

I don't know how old he is, but I don't want to find out because I worry that he is super young and might feel weird about my tv crush on him.

Don't worry about that! He's 25 which makes him perfectly acceptable to crush on.

Which I will now go do...

Suzybear782000

Suzybear782000

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2006 @ 3:29 PM

Don't worry about that! He's 25 which makes him perfectly acceptable to crush on.

breathes huge sigh of relief
I can rest easy now and not feel icky, since I am only three years older.

I just want to say that this boy is freaking gorgeous

dkk

dkk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 19, 2006 @ 4:25 PM

Oh good, he's *almost* young enough to be my son...but not quite.

He is GORGEOUS. Interestingly, I checked out the fansite links above and found nothing appealing whatsoever. He looks so pretty in some of those pics, and I don't like pretty men. But on FNL? Yowsa. I'm a sucker for a brooding guy.

Edited by dkk, Oct 19, 2006 @ 4:29 PM.

mjforty

mjforty

Stalker

Posted Oct 19, 2006 @ 9:22 PM

Edited by mjforty, Oct 20, 2006 @ 10:46 AM.

stele3

stele3

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2006 @ 9:45 PM

mjforty, you might want to move your comments over to the "Tim Riggins" character thread. This is the thread for the actor who plays Tim, Taylor Kitsch.

mjforty

mjforty

Stalker

Posted Oct 20, 2006 @ 10:45 AM

Oops, sorry didn't realize there were separate threads for the actor and the character. Well, on topic -- yeah, the actor is all kinds of hot.

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2006 @ 5:13 AM

There's a really long Taylor interview up at NBC.com, it's under character profiles in the video section. I'd highly recommend it.

I like how they asked Biggie or 2Pac and he not only said 2Pac but asked if anyone had said Biggie before hand. Also when asked A-Rod or T.O he choose A-Rod and dissed T.O, hee.

MizSurguri

MizSurguri

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2006 @ 1:25 PM

I just watched it; I cracked up when he dissed TO, however A Rod's not much better and I'm in NYC.

moku613

moku613

Posted Oct 25, 2006 @ 4:22 PM

I've figured out, after last night's episode, who the hell Taylor reminded me off. If you pause on his face right before he knocks Lyla's laundry out of her hands, as his face is slightly tilted downward he is a longer-haired, bulked up version of Josh Harnett. Trust me, it's true. Try it.

pafirefly

pafirefly

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2006 @ 5:47 PM

Also when asked A-Rod or T.O he choose A-Rod and dissed T.O, hee.

As an Eagles fan, that makes me love Taylor Kitsch even more.

andie11k

andie11k

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2006 @ 6:11 PM

I've figured out, after last night's episode, who the hell Taylor reminded me off. If you pause on his face right before he knocks Lyla's laundry out of her hands, as his face is slightly tilted downward he is a longer-haired, bulked up version of Josh Harnett. Trust me, it's true. Try it.

You are so right! I initially had seen the similarities in their voices (low, deep, and sexy). But there is definitely a physical resemblance there. I see it in the skin and lips (oh so hot). I love them both.

Suzybear782000

Suzybear782000

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 11:29 AM

Trust me, it's true. Try it.

I didn't believe you, so I looked....and you are right--but I still think Taylor Kitsch is cuter! *girlish giggle*

MJF2

MJF2

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 4, 2006 @ 11:18 PM

He looks like Forbes March who plays Nash on One Life to Live.

rippleintime

rippleintime

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2006 @ 9:00 PM

Watching that Taylor interview on NBC.com plus re-watching the latest episode where I basically adored every scene he was in has left me incredibly smitten. It's amazing how this show has me rotating through favorites every few days. But damn, he's hot, has a crazy sexy voice and is pretty funny and I think he wins for the now!

BoobTubeJunkie

BoobTubeJunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 12, 2006 @ 6:39 PM

After reading about the Taylor interview on NBC.com here, I just went to watch it. OK, it is officially not fair! Anyone that good looking is not allowed to be funny and charming too. How are we supposed to resist him?!? Plus he mentions family and friends twice, so he seems to have his priorities straight. How do I get on that "friends" list?

Lemon Drop

Lemon Drop

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 13, 2006 @ 2:35 AM

After reading about the Taylor interview on NBC.com here, I just went to watch it. OK, it is officially not fair! Anyone that good looking is not allowed to be funny and charming too. How are we supposed to resist him?!? Plus he mentions family and friends twice, so he seems to have his priorities straight.

In total agreement!

And in relation to the thread title - sort of . . . Does anyone here have IO? Well, they have a Free On Demand TV Guide Spot called TV's Sexiest Men. Taylor's not in the top ten list, but one of the pics that's shown before they start counting down (of hotties both on and not on the list) is an FNL promo shot of him. Most of the other guys (on the list and "in the running") were from well-established shows (Lost, Grey's Anatomy, the CSI franchise, Nip/Tuck, and others I can't remember), so I think it's safe to say Taylor's star will continue to rise regardless of FNL's fate.

Melle

Melle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2006 @ 12:39 AM

Was just watching a repeat ep of Godiva's (Canadian TV Series set in Vancouver) and who should be hooking up with the restaurant manager, Kate, but Tim Riggens (no, not really)... Taylor Kitsch. yummmmmm

Cheryl911

Cheryl911

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 27, 2006 @ 3:45 PM

Watched TV Guide channel's 50 sexiest men...Taylor was #11...

PekoePekoe

PekoePekoe

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 27, 2007 @ 6:20 PM

I was watching a couple old episodes, and I noticed that half the time I was impressed with Kitsch's acting, and half the time I was really unimpressed. I figured out that I find him really interesting and compelling, right up to the point when he speaks, and then he loses me. Does anyone else notice this? I don't just mean that he's pretty to look at, I mean that he really does a good job of silently acting. His facial expressions, body language, etc. are excellent. But I just don't believe him when he's talking. Does anyone know enough about acting to know if this is typical, ie. is it easier to act, or easier to be directed how to act, without words? Or is everyone doing just as good a job, but I'm paying more attention to Kitsch because he's so nice to look at? There are so few characters that get as much screen time and as little dialogue as Tim does that I'm not sure I can make a real comparison.

sunandsand

sunandsand

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 27, 2007 @ 8:32 PM

PekoePekoe, I noticed this too! I kind of chalked it up to his being a model first and playing a character who is more of the silent type. In fact when he would speak he would lose me too. Because I like the character of Tim Riggins so much, I kept hoping it would change, then I would hope that he would just play the part of Riggins with not a whole lot to say.

Up until last week! His emotions really came through for me when he told Tyra he wasn't all about sex. The vulnerable way he said it really grabbed me, and I remember thinking OK, he's not that bad - we'll see how this goes. Since the upcoming episode will be Riggins-heavy, we'll see how TK does!

Tancarter1217

Tancarter1217

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 28, 2007 @ 11:32 AM

I have rewatched all of the episodes *cough* several times and I agree that he usually does better without the words. To his credit though, I have noticed a BIG improvement in the latest episodes. I think the main problem is that he had so little dialogue in the first few episodes that we weren't used to him speaking. Then, when he did have some lines they tended to be just few lines or a big long monologue, which seemed awkward and really out of place. If you compare his long dialogue in "Homecoming" after their win, versus his trying to apologize to Tyra in "What To Do While You're Waiting", I think you'll see a big improvement in the acting skills.

dandy1

dandy1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 12:08 AM

I don't think he is a bad actor. I think the writers don't have a firm grip on where they are going with his character. They throw Riggins around too much. He needs a storyline.

I thought that Riggins suddenly being the gung ho coach to the Powder Puff girls was out of character for what we have been shown previously of Riggins. That's not the actor's fault--it's the writers.

I think he's a good actor.