Dear Shonda (or Krista): Letters to the showrunners

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

823 replies to this topic

Be Very Afraid

Be Very Afraid

Posted Dec 9, 2008 @ 6:11 PM

Shonda,

You've screwed up in so many ways this season. Just another example of how you had a golden opportunity and blew it... It was stated that it was October in one of the very early episodes of the season. You had a wonderful opportunity to follow the time line and give us Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes this season. But instead, you again chose to eff with the time line and stay off in your own little fantasy land.

Please resign STAT!

With Hate,

BVA

fishwife56

fishwife56

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2008 @ 6:21 PM

Dear Shonda:

Please resign. ASAP.

Me

Mozzy55

Mozzy55

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 9, 2008 @ 6:30 PM

Shonda,

Do the honorable thing. Hand in your letter of resignation.

Mozzy55

LaVieDouce

LaVieDouce

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2008 @ 1:48 AM

Dear Shonda,

I have wondered these past few days if you aren't the Titanic's captain reincarnated. Because this show sure seems to be sinking fast and apparently you are determined to go down with this ship... and the ghost of Denny.

LaVieDouce

fishwife56

fishwife56

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2008 @ 5:48 PM

Dear Shonda:

The irony in writing an episode with a patient sentenced to death is not lost on me. Will this be another message to the fans that MerDer together is a death sentence for the show? I see it coming. And I am truly saddened by your lack of faith in your main couple and your two lead actors who obviously have so much to give this pairing.

It's time to fold because your poker face absolutely sucks.

Me.

MustBeThursday

MustBeThursday

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2009 @ 10:50 PM

Dear Shonda:

When is the Denny storyline going to be over? Seriously? I'm getting so tired.

-Me

fishwife56

fishwife56

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2009 @ 2:47 AM

Dear Writers:

Whatever the new stuff is that you put in the crack pipe keep smoking it and passing it around because the room is on a roll!

Me

mcsteamygirl

mcsteamygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2009 @ 9:15 AM

Dear Rhimes and Beers:

We may get back on friendlier terms if you give us episodes like these. Please notice a pattern here and at the end of Season 4 when the show was entertaining. Your leads are front and center. I don't just mean Ellen and Patrick. Sandra, Owen, Alex and Bailey were all integral parts of last night. It wasn't about the new interns or Sadie. Guest stars work when they are realistic aka the Serial Killer or Arizona. Guest stars like Dr. Dixon (over the top) or Denny don't work.

This episode was George lite, sort of Izzie lite and Denny lite. That was ok with me. I don't enjoy any of those characters.

This isn't rocket science. You can look back and see what works with this show. Hopefully, sooner than later this sinks into your thick skulls. I thought you had pretty much figured it out during the strike but maybe this time you will remember the lesson.

McS

P.S. Sorry your ratings took such a hit but maybe NOW you will pay attention to what we have been saying.

Edited by mcsteamygirl, Jan 16, 2009 @ 11:20 AM.

Be Very Afraid

Be Very Afraid

Posted Feb 2, 2009 @ 2:08 AM

Shonda,

You and others have said that you write for yourself. You need to stop it and start writing for what the viewers like. Wonder why the ratings are dropping? Because you write for yourself, especially your teenage girl crush on Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and the fans don't like what you write. Pay attention to all the negative press the show has gotten recently. Pay attention to the ABC Panel polls. Pay attention to the GA forums. Get over yourself and start writing the show for the fans. Then your ratings may go back up.

With much hatred,

BVA

Edited by Be Very Afraid, Feb 2, 2009 @ 2:08 AM.

theycallmemolly

theycallmemolly

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2009 @ 5:35 PM

Dear Shonda,

Stop ripping storylines from House! worms in the brain AND maternal mirror syndrome? In the same (elongated) episode? Seriously? If you and your writers are going to take any kind of lesson from House, it should be how to write ORIGINAL witty banter, which you seem to forgotten how to do. And if you are going to take a more Housian route with your medical cases, it's time to take things up a notch and make your episodes a bit...smarter. And while you're at it, watch some episodes of Weeds and learn how to do subtle foreshadowing. You should have been doing that for WEEKS now with this Izzie storyline.

KTHNXBYE
molly

Roda

Roda

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 9:03 PM

Dear Shonda,

I don't know how you did it but you managed to make me dislike Addison Forbes Montgomery. I don't think that was part of the plan was it? This crossover was supposed to be an Addison fest where people got convinced to watch Private Practice instead of annoyed with PrP's main character.
But don't worry Shonda, I will watch PrP because Taye Diggs is a good looking guy.

- Roda

p.s. Thanks for developing Derek's character forward, it only took you five seasons but rather late than never.

Edited by Roda, Feb 15, 2009 @ 6:44 AM.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2009 @ 12:16 AM

Dear Shonda,

Congratulations on signing Kevin McKidd to a contract. I will be spending the upcoming hiatus watching my new Rome DVDs, because thanks to you, I have discovered this masterful and hot actor.

Now, just because he plays angst so well, and is being very respectful of PTSD, doesn't mean that he has to cry/break down every episode. In fact, we haven't had an Owen/Cristina kiss since the vent. Throw us a bone, won't you?

neptune42

Sanjari

Sanjari

Posted Mar 29, 2009 @ 12:03 AM

Dear Shonda:

Please do yourself a favor and make this season the last season. Instead of letting this show spiral further into the depths of suckiness for another three seasons, end it now while it still has what little amount of dignity it has left.

Sincerely,

Sanjari

AnitaMC

AnitaMC

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2010 @ 11:21 PM

Not so Dear Shonda and Krista and all at the Shondaland,

Thank you for ruining Grey's Anatomy. From the horrors of co-dependent relationships (Mer/Cris), to overdone stories (Cris' PTSD), to no stories (MerDer), to useless characters running around with no purpose (Things 1&2 + Teddy), to whatever this show is now. You ruined it all for...what exactly? No one needs to know about April's virginity or Teddy's pathetic love problems or Jackson's night terrors. No one. Instead, why not try getting Cristina help? Real help and have Owen use his head for something. Or have MerDer discuss the loss of their baby? It seems they lost a book, not a baby. Also, I recall that Derek's father was shot...like he was. Shouldn't something be mentioned? How about developing Lexie and Mer's sister bond instead of the very-well-known Mer/Cris? Or have more of Derek/Mark moments as they are claimed to be best friends but nothing is seen? Or Meredith's hard decision of her specialty? That would seem to be a bigger issue than April and her stupid pony and Alex! Where is Alex? I swear he is on this show, right? He has to be. No bus ran him over this time, did it?

What happened to you? I am a simple viewer and see all of this unresolved issues that would make good adult (which is NOT a frat house because there was a shooting or having a third person in a marital bed...that's not adult, that's adolescent) drama. You are the one with three shows. You are supposed to be the professional. You know these characters. What the hell happened to you?

Hope this new year brings you some sense and either fix this or just end it.

Not love at all,

Anita.

Edited by AnitaMC, Dec 29, 2010 @ 11:25 PM.