3-2: "The Glass Ballerina" 2006.10.11 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

755 replies to this topic

Daniel

Daniel

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 3:42 PM

From abc.com:

"The Glass Ballerina"

Sayid places Sun and Jin's lives in danger while trying to locate Jack, while Jack gets a tempting offer from his captors.

Please read the topic before you post (but no need to write, "Whew! Fifty pages of posts!" etc. We know. There's a lot of posts, so get to the point). Here's the site guideline on reading a topic. Please don't post just to add "I agree!" or "Holy crap!" or "HA!" Don't cut and paste your real-time observations while the show goes on as soon as the topic opens. No discussing the previews in the episode thread -- take it to the speculation threads (as previews aren't considered spoilers, you can discuss them in whichever of the two speculation topics tickles your fancy: with or without spoilers). Thanks!

Jeremey

Jeremey

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:02 PM

Much better than last week I thought. GO SUN for shooting that bitch. Sun freaking rules.

lynny

lynny

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:02 PM

Darn Canadian TV. It cut out. Did anything happen after Jack was staring at the tv? Did anybody say anything?

Gambling Moron

Gambling Moron

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:03 PM

Let's just hope they got the expressed written consent from the commisioner of Major League Baseball.

EvilSpawn

EvilSpawn

The Red Sox video was a nice touch, but this is coming from someone obsessed with the team.

JennB

JennB

Stalker

• Interests:Writing, reading, "House," "The Office," "The Amazing Race," "Lost," "Grey's Anatomy," "How I Met Your Mother," "Survivor" (sometimes), and pretending I still know what reality is.

"Fish biscuit" sounds like a really gross euphemism.

I was sure Sun was going to tell her father she broke the ballerina when they were at the funeral. Shows what I know.

Jack laughs at the Red Sox winning the World Series and takes the news about Bush with a straight face? What kind of a crazy world is that?

Jeremey

Jeremey

Video Archivist

Darn Canadian TV. It cut out. Did anything happen after Jack was staring at the tv? Did anybody say anything?

Henry just repeated something about being able to go home, then it ended.

Manchot

Manchot

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:04 PM

Great, so on the night that the NLCS was supposed to begin, I get to see my team get beaten again in the World Series. I'm sure that's a good omen.

dathon

dathon

Channel Surfer

Kate: You taste like fish biscuits.

Hee!

And I loved the "Katerina!.. Arturo!" moment between Sun and Jin.

MisterMcGee

MisterMcGee

Fanatic

I think Jin was shouting “WAAALT!” in Korean, when he was in the water.

I have enjoyed all of the Jin/Sun flashbacks and this one did not disappoint, and as the episode progressed, I enjoyed it more and more. I’m much happier watching an hour of them, plus Sayid with just the right amount of Sawyer and Kate and minimal Jack. Plus, I loved Sun getting some action.

And Josh Holloway’s line delivery/acting is really growing on me. I actually liked the scenes with him and Kate. She didn’t know his name was James?

I’m really curious about the Alex-Chachi connection, and Benry Gale is still just as creepy.

Ohsnap

Ohsnap

Just Tuned In

Sun and Jin! It's about time they came back. I love how English captions aren't always given when they are speaking. It adds an element of realism to the show. That said, here is my translation of what they were saying in the water:

Jin: Marco! Hey.... Marco!
Sun: Polo! Polo!

Oh, and Kate and Sawyer's prison-bar foreplay=HOT!!

realityremote

realityremote

Couch Potato

A much better episode than the premiere, IMHO. And this time, the last 5 minutes were almost as good as the first 5 minutes of the first episode. (As a Yankee fan, I loved Jack's incredulousness that the BoSox could win the Series.)

Edited by Daniel, Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:13 PM.

cid

cid

Couch Potato

I am getting so freaking angry with this show. All this violence, beating the crap out of *our people*, shooting at them - without an iota of motivation being given us.

Come on writers - you can't drag us down into the never-ending rabbit hole. We have to land somewhere. Something has to happen. We need some level of understanding.

I found nothing redeeming until the last 5 minutes with Jack and Benry.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

I screamed when Baldie landed on Jin's car. Holy crap!

I can't believe that Sun shot that woman. She was backed into a corner.

The Red Sox tape at the end was great. No more talk, no more lies -- instead it was something Jack could really believe.

lexualhealing

lexualhealing

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:05 PM

Is there anyone who didn't know Korean!Lex and Sun slept together? How can Sun's father think he can get away with trying to kill a rich's man son? The last question was not rhetorical.

Edited by lexualhealing, Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:06 PM.

contradicto

contradicto

Channel Surfer

Loved the flashback, but seriously, what was the point of it? And what was the point of the whole Jin, Sun and Sayid storyline anyway? We know the others are smarter. Good episode. Loved the ending, but some answers to what the hell is going on would be nice. I don't understand how we are into season 3 and my head still frickin' hurts.

Edited by contradicto, Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:08 PM.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Sayid may be hardcore, but he still got outflanked by the others.
Good old Buck. I guess that achilles tendon grew back.
Aw, Sawyer, still thinking you can con everybody.

asphodel

asphodel

Loyal Viewer

So Jin knew about her affair? How did he know? Or did I miss something?

thethinman

thethinman

Fanatic

So much for Sayid's military training.

anakalia

anakalia

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:06 PM

This week's episode was so much beter than last weeks. I had already decided that about five minutes in. I'm glad Sun's getting into the action, instead of being useless. Though I was totally blown away by Sun's infidelity. And the fact that she shot that bitch! Hell yeah Sun!!!

I thought Jae was picking up Sun from the airport way back in S1? Now I need to go back and watch that episode again.

Kate gets the best line of the season thus far: "You taste like fishbiscuits."

Woah. Much better ending this week.

Edited by Daniel, Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:15 PM.

regoarrarr

regoarrarr

Channel Surfer

Except that there wouldn't have been massive cheering as the Red Sox won the World Series since the game was in St. Louis!!!!

Kiwi is Good

Kiwi is Good

Channel Surfer

Awww... Sawyer's so cute - "You taste like strawberries"

Well they finally mentioned Michael and Walt. Maybe they really did get "home."

The TV monitors Benry was watching reminded me of The Pearl.

After the Other who told Kate she could work with her dress off, Sawyer gave her the "that would be fine with me look" and then looked away and pulled the "can't really blame me look." Hilarious!

Lady Other who Sun shot said the Others would only become enemies if Sun shot her.... well now the Others are officially enemies if they weren't before.

Edited by Kiwi is Good, Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:20 PM.

gmahler

gmahler

No mentioning the previews in the episode thread. Take it to another thread. Thanks.

Edited by Daniel, Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:16 PM.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

I screamed when Baldie landed on Jin's car. Holy crap!

I half-expected Baldie to show up on the island with the Others after Jin told him to start a new life and that he didn't exist anymore.

Ham Cake

Ham Cake

Channel Surfer

Fuck, yes! A few minutes before Sun killed that girl I was saying that some Other on this show better die soon, after both Sawyer and Jack both hesitated and botched their escape attempts (that kind of thing bugs me to no end).

This episode was great, mostly because stuff actually happened. Also, having the show focus on places other than the boring old Lostaway beach is always good.

Ben looked like a mad scientist/supervillain from an old cartoon or something when he was standing watching all those monitors.

Edited by Ham Cake, Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:08 PM.

Strangelove317

Strangelove317

Channel Surfer

Did anyone else get the feeling that Sun had something to do with her lover's death? Especially when that woman told her she wasn't a killer. How many people does that make on this show that have startled someone and been shot for it?

I think I love Benry more and more every time I see him; he's just such a badass and really puts some of the more annoying Lostaways in their place. I'm counting the days until we get to see his flashback episode.

Was Kate tasting like strawberries a reference to something earlier on the show? It seemed very familiar.

my2sense

my2sense

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:07 PM

The Boston Red Sox get a shout out. I love that dirty water!

Except that there wouldn't have been massive cheering as the Red Sox won the World Series since the game was in St. Louis!!!!

Really? I remember it being pretty loud in St. Louis that night.

I was kind of shocked by the Sun-back, then even more shocked that she shot Other Lady.

Great ending... I feel like they answered some of my questions. Don't worry. I have lots more where those came from.

Edited by Daniel, Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:17 PM.

Melewen

Melewen

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 9:08 PM

I'm wondering if the Lost writers are Longfellow fans... so one signal fire the Others attack by land, two signal fires and they go by sea?

Listen my children and you shall here
of the Others attack upon the pier....

lexualhealing

lexualhealing

Fanatic

Did anyone else get the feeling that Sun had something to do with her lover's death?

I really thought someone pushed him especially since he was clutching the pearls so to speak. In other words, yes.

phaseolus

phaseolus

Channel Surfer

This episode did something that I never thought would be possible -- It made me like Sawyer.

... and that tantalizing glimpse of the 1960s vintage Zenith b&w television monitors - do you think that was the Pearl station, or was it some other place just like it? And were those animal growls we heard just after they shoved Sawyer and Kate back in the cages -- something important, or just 'atmosphere'?? I dunno.

One of my favorite episodes in 3 seasons, so far. But in my opinion they should be careful how much cruelty & brutality they use -- it's a foolproof method to get even an affectless schzoid robot like me emotionally involved in the show, but too much of that stuff is why I stopped watching 24.... but maybe that's just me.