1-1: "Pilot" 2006.10.04 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

271 replies to this topic

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:02 PM

I liked it. I liked it a lot.

Egan and Kathryn are definitely my two favourite characters. Egan seems to have gained a new respect for living, while Kathryn seems to also have gained a soft side.

Jeremy and Franny's kiss (and perhaps more) after the funeral was shocking, especially considering that Lizzie is pregnant with his child. Furthermore, I'm definitely intrigued with what happened between the two of them inside the bank since they don't seem to be on very good terms.

Felicia going to see Lucas at the end was certainly a surprise twist. I have to wonder why Malcolm didn't go with her, although I have a feeling she didn't tell him.

Great pilot episode. I was impressed.

Edited by Stinger97, Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:08 PM.

Spy Idol

Spy Idol

Couch Potato

• Interests:All things TV.

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:03 PM

Pretty good. My hopes were higher due to the advanced word. I hope they show more than just snippets of the hostage crisis in future eps, because I already watch Lost. I don't need to play the waiting game with another show.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Whatever Jeremy did better be truly bastardly, with this kind of buildup.

TheAngleMan

TheAngleMan

Couch Potato

I really liked it too. i'm hoping more people post cause i'd hate to see this p.h.

courville

courville

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

What in the hell could it be? And what's up with cutting off half of the ADA's hair?

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

Color me intrigued. I think this is a really good Lost companion show and I'm eager to find out what happened in the bank. Tonight definitely whetted my appetite for more.

They all seemed ... concerned isn't the word, maybe interested in Lucas the robber's fate. Wonder if there was some Stockholm Syndrome going on there. And why did Felicia lie to her dad and then go see Lucas? Does she remember something or is she trying to find out something.

Quite a good cliffhanger to leave hanging out there.

Very well done, I want to see more.

Edited by SanLynn, Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:06 PM.

RevLovejoy

RevLovejoy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:05 PM

I'm in. There are so many strings here, and I can't wait to see where they lead.

What the hell did Doc Bailey do in there?

watcha

watcha

Fanatic

I'm hooked.

Some major things that bugged. Mostly about how the dead girl's grandmother (?) and son didn't seem that sad about her dying, especially with the son clunking out "why did you let my mom die?".

Otherwise, WOW.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

I liked the end: PTSD is SO FUNNY, you guys!

It's good, but I think it's missing something. I like the camaraderie, but wonder if it will last very long.

Yay for Alex Graves and Michael O'Neill being together again! Commencement reunion, y'all!

Edited by Zumanity, Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:06 PM.

ichooseme

ichooseme

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:06 PM

i'll bite angleman.
pretty good, but i agree that i hope there isn't quite so much drama that is only eluded to and not shown, my threshold for teased storylines is already tested by lost on wednesday nights.
on another note, does scott wolf not age?

TummyGirl

TummyGirl

Channel Surfer

I liked it. I got chills during every commercial and they were most prominent when the father (love Chi) was just standing there staring at the end of the hostage situation. When he couldn't say anything, they had me.

I should clarify; I got chills during the commercials preceding the show about the show, not during commercial breaks.

Edited by TummyGirl, Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:07 PM.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

What in the hell could it be?

I keep thinking something really cowardly like trying to trade his g/f for freedom, but it can't really be that, or they'd all be somewhat more rude to him. To put it lightly.

Rare Books

Rare Books

Couch Potato

Very well done. Might the younger bank robber be an Iraq war vet? I wonder if that will play into things? I wonder what happened between him and the bank manager's daughter? I hope that this is not going to be designed like Lost. There is a limit to the amount of flashbacks that I will tolerate.

jessicalynn1999

jessicalynn1999

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:07 PM

I'll give it a shot. Very interesting how the robber wanted to know more about Eva than his own brother. And I think Felicia remembers more than she lets on. Hope it stays interesting...

Preciosa

Preciosa

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:09 PM

It confused me, which means that I'm gonna have to stick around to find out more. I didn't really like the way that the flashbacks were done and now I'm wondering if we're ever gonna honestly find out what happened in the back or is the show just gonna be about their actions now with the stupid flashbacks.

ali59

ali59

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:09 PM

I hadn't heard anything about this show cause I don't usually watch ABC. Tuned in for LOST and saw the advertisements for this show. It was really good. I found the bank robbers to be the most compelling characters. I want to know more about them. Lots of questions left unanswered. I'm with all of you though, I don't want another LOST.

mofo

mofo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:10 PM

I liked it, and I didn't expect to! Lizzie already annoyed me a little bit, I am never too much of a fan of Scott Wolf, either. But, I LOVE Tim Daly, with a love that has not died since Wings.

I think they felt bad for Lucas, it seemed like he was led on by his brother, a drug addict, I think. Maybe Felicia is in love with Lucas?!?

dartmouthhoop

dartmouthhoop

Video Archivist

I know this was an exposition episode...set it up etc... but overall a big ( if possible) "eh" from me.

Trite characters, poor acting etc etc

Didn't "Dog Day Afternoon" already do this 31 years ago?

mrsdalgleish

mrsdalgleish

Fanatic

Yikes. We've got both the nastiness that must have happened during the 52 hours and some reason that the whole thing didn't get taken care of earlier. Not much comic relief to come, I'd imagine.

I'm guessing Mom's missing cameo will probably be a clue to whatever the "Feds" were up to, just because I can't imagine that was just a time-filler.

I don't have much else, because it was all kind of disturbing. Cognitive dissonance all over the place.

Unclebuck

Unclebuck

Loyal Viewer

"The Nine" - It was good, not great. I was expecting it to be better. . I am intrigued about the very last scene, that is interesting.

The show would be better if it was more 50/50, 50% of the hostage scenes and 50% of the aftermatch. Maybe other episodes will be different, but tonight it seemed like it was too much aftermath.

Overall I like "Kidnapped"

Edited by Unclebuck, Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:11 PM.

krcit

krcit

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:11 PM

I loved it. Tim Daly can do no wrong in my eyes...speaking of Eyes, I hope this doesn't have the same fate as that show. There's a lot of pretty on this show-me likee!!

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:12 PM

Ok first off, Tim Daly can come sleep on my couch or whatever he wants any time he wants, yum.

And secondly I am so sold on this show. They really did have me saying what the hell happened in there? The daughter, Felicia pretending to have blacked out everything but then showing up at the jail? I didnot see that coming. The father seemed to have gone into a catatonic state.

I wonder if the Moment that Jeremy and his gf were talking about was him reaching for or protecting Franny instead of his gf, who's name I cannot remember.

Egan was so going to kill himself in that bathroom wasn't he? And I cannot wait to find out what happened with Lucas that made them try to protect him when the police came in. And what's up with his crazy brother cutting the ADA's hair? Which does not look that good short and I already don't like her and Tim Daly's character. Whatever his name is, heh.

I love how everyone came out super close and connected.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:12 PM

Some major things that bugged. Mostly about how the dead girl's grandmother (?) and son didn't seem that sad about her dying, especially with the son clunking out "why did you let my mom die?".

Ricky seems to be so young, perhaps he doesn't fully understand what is actually going on. Also, in terms of the grandmother, I got the feeling that perhaps Franny and Eva weren't very close with her. When the grandmother was complaining about how Franny and Eva's father hadn't shown up for the funeral, it seemed as if Eva was disgusted with the woman.

I think they felt bad for Lucas, it seemed like he was led on by his brother, a drug addict, I think. Maybe Felicia is in love with Lucas?!?

I get the feeling that Lucas will be heavily involved with these people later on in the season. He's a prominent figure on the ABC website, while the other crook isn't. Mighty interesting.

Amelie06

Amelie06

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:13 PM

It was pretty good. I liked it, but there were some things that were kind of annoying. I know they have to build some mystery but I can't take a whole season of esoteric comments that make little sense until you see the flashback. I think Scott Wolf must have frozen in fear during a key moment, and then shook it off. I would kind of love it if he pulled a "Kill my girlfriend, she's annoying with her big blue eyes! Kill her, no me!" it would be cliched and hilarious.

I hope this whole series also isn't about the hostages dumping the people they were with before the bank. DA lady's boyfriend didn't seem so bad, but she is clearly sick of his ass and wants a piece of Tim Daly.

Sister of the dead woman is obviously a drunken skank. I like her, but she is totally going to tell Scott Wolf's secret.

I figured that Scott Wolf's girlfriend was pregnant. I find that actress to be irritating. I don't know what it is, but I don't like her. I found myself on Scott Wolf's side when she was giving him the cold shoulder.

queenhobodonut

queenhobodonut

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:14 PM

I don't know. Any other year, I might give this show a shot--but between Heroes and Studio 60, which really interest me, my beloved Grey's Anatomy, and that nagging Lost, I just don't know how long I will even bother to keep up with it.

The flashbacks simply did not work for me at all. I like not knowing the story, but this felt like too much exercise for my brain, without even the slightest payoff. I have the feeling the flashbacks may be more substantial in the future. And I'm going to forget all the little comments that are laid ahead of time by the time the flashbacks role around.

Also, the actress who played the preggers character (name?) was terrible. Really god-awful, and it felt like the show focused on her more than others. That might just be because the suck dragged the feelings out.

Meh. I'll pay attention for a little while, to see if it improves, because I do love the idea behind it all.

Edited by queenhobodonut, Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:15 PM.

surfsup79

surfsup79

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:14 PM

This show was way mroe character oriented than I expected. Though I did like it a lot. Not my favorite show but still good. I am definetly intruiged with "what happened in there" as they all like to say. And Felicia meeting the robber? Didn't see that coming at all. Was it like a "hi" for the first time or like say an accomplice type "hi"?

Bulldog

Bulldog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:15 PM

Best new show of the season.

Regarding the robber character, didn't the scene where the police arrived at the end of the standoff show one of the female hostages yelling "Don't shoot him" referring to the robber. Or was that in reference to someone else?

If the DA keeps cutting her hair, she'll be bald by the end of the season.

I really hope there is more to what Jeremy did than just act cowardly. That was the most intriguing to me.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

I defintely loved it. Right now, it's up there with Friday Night Lights, as one of my favorite new shows, this year. And it defintley helped that it followed a very odd and sadly boring episode of Lost.

I mainly tuned in because of some of the actors, like Scott Wolf (Everwood fan here), John Billingsley, and Chi McBride. But the rest did a good job as well, especially Tim Daly.

Defintley tuning in next week, and I hope they actually answer some of the questions soon. I'm defintley curious about Jeremy and his "moment", that pissed off his girlfriend. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the bank teller he was making out with at the end (still trying to figure out the character's names.)

Edited by thuganomics85, Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:16 PM.

DeathCabForUgly

DeathCabForUgly

Video Archivist

I checked it out on a whim (I saw the previews while my roommate was watching Lost), and I'll definitely be tuning in next week. I really don't watch much TV anymore, but I think this is going to hold my interest.

SiriuslyLupin

SiriuslyLupin

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2006 @ 10:16 PM

Well, that was certainly an interesting episode. I think the writers did a good job of setting up the various threads/conflicts that will (hopefully) continue throughout the rest of the season. I already have a few favourite characters but on the whole, I'm really curious about what happened to everyone.

I don't have much else, because it was all kind of disturbing. Cognitive dissonance all over the place.

Word.

Also: does the scene at the end imply that Felicia is remembering her ordeal?