**SPOILERS** and Speculation: Work Idea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1291 replies to this topic

wynbig

wynbig

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 3:55 PM

My funnest part of that article

Also upcoming "is an episode where Betty [America Ferrera] goes on a date to see Wicked, and literally stops the show. We're going to film it out here at the Pantages, doubling for the Gershwin, and show scenes from the show.

Looks like Betty will get a date to Wicked after all... don't know who with.

Also, please tell me it will feature Megan Hilty (LA's Glinda). She's an amazing performer

My Iron Lung

My Iron Lung

Fanatic

• Interests:Radiohead, obviously.

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 5:47 PM

Personally, I'm hoping they bring back Kristin Chenoweth (the original Glinda)!

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

• Interests:я обожаю слишком много сериалов.

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 11:01 AM

I'm sad that it can never possibly be Helen Dallimore who was in the West End. She was fantastic. Though Cheno will do....

kostgard

kostgard

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 12:03 PM

Regarding Henry (Christopher Gorham) and Betty (America Ferrera), in the second episode of the season, Henry returns to his job in the Mode offices (he needs the health insurance, as it turns out). He asks Betty if she’s OK with him returning to work there, and she tries to act as though she’s fine with it.

Oof. That sounds a lot like what they've already done when Henry asked Betty if she's okay with him dating Charlie and she tried to pretend like she was fine with it and fine with hanging out with Charlie. I really hope I'm wrong or that it is really short-lived because they REALLY need to do something new with Henry. I started out loving the guy but just watching him bump into Betty and the two of them act awkward/sad/uncomfortable gets old really quick.

As for things I won't gripe about - I really hope they can get David Hyde Pierce! I adore him. I'm glad Betty finally gets to see Wicked and I am soo looking forward to a musical episode! Give Vanessa more excuses to use that lovely voice of hers.

tripaway

tripaway

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 2:21 PM

Regarding Henry (Christopher Gorham) and Betty (America Ferrera), in the second episode of the season, Henry returns to his job in the Mode offices (he needs the health insurance, as it turns out). He asks Betty if she’s OK with him returning to work there, and she tries to act as though she’s fine with it.

Oof. That sounds a lot like what they've already done when Henry asked Betty if she's okay with him dating Charlie and she tried to pretend like she was fine with it and fine with hanging out with Charlie. I really hope I'm wrong or that it is really short-lived because they REALLY need to do something new with Henry. I started out loving the guy but just watching him bump into Betty and the two of them act awkward/sad/uncomfortable gets old really quick.

But it's going to kind of be a switch because if they introduce Gio as Betty's new suitor - than it will be Henry who has to watch while Betty gets a relationship going with a new guy - so hopefully the 'Betty-uncomfortable-watching-Henry' thing will only last for 1 episode and then it will be Henry-pretending-he's-fine-while-longingly-watching-Betty. Which could be prolonged through many episodes. Although, if we want to get technical, the 'Henry watching Betty' thing has already been done as well, back when Betty was with Walter. Or, we could go from Walter's point of view and talk about watching Betty with Henry - or best yet would be Betty watching Henry with that model who kissed him on Christmas. And really it all started with Betty watching Walter, of all people, with someone else. This particular plot device has been done to death, burried in the ground, tortured back alive, and hopefully soon will be eaten by sharks.

ETA: I'm excited to see David Hyde Peirce - I agree that he's great and I wonder how they'll fit him in. Hey, maybe he will get to look longingly at Betty! ;)

Edited by tripaway, Jul 31, 2007 @ 2:24 PM.

My Iron Lung

My Iron Lung

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 3:55 AM

Ausiello spoilers!

Question: Please tell me that Henry will be staying around on Ugly Betty. I love Henry!— Morgan
Ausiello: Yes, Henry is definitely sticking around this season. I know this because A) Christopher Gorham was at ABC's press tour party last Thursday, and B) the show is casting the role of Kenny, Henry's BFF and office mate who speaks faux gangsta and tries to be cooler than he actually is.

Question: Ugly Betty scoop?— VADanceGirl1994
Ausiello: My favorite Ugly comedy team will be getting a lot more airtime together this season. No, not Amanda and Marc — they're my second fave Ugly yuksters. I'm talking about Justin and Wilhelmina! I hear producers were so tickled by their interplay in last season's Fashion Week episode that they're planning several encores — beginning with the season premiere when Justin makes a cameo at "Mode," prompting Wilhelmina to mistake him for a… um… you'll see. Suffice it to say, it's so funny you'll piddle.

Question: Does Kevin Alejandro getting a part on Shark mean that Santos won't be returning to Ugly Betty next season to miraculously recover from getting shot?— Anna
Ausiello: (Spoiler alert) Alejandro will be back on Betty next season. I won't say in what capacity or for how long, but he will be back.

Question: Any Ugly Betty scoop on Amanda and Marc?— Joel
Ausiello: Don't tell Marc, but Amanda's getting a new sidekick — and this one has four legs. Marc, meanwhile, is getting his first stalker in the form of a gay, overweight, average-looking shutterbug.

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to this Kenny.

Edited by My Iron Lung, Aug 1, 2007 @ 4:18 PM.

Good Queen Jane

Good Queen Jane

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 10:59 AM

Interesting spoilers. I note Ausiello says Alejandro will be back, not Santos. In best soap opera tradition, this may mean that he will be playing Santos long lost twin brother (usually evil) or a ghost watching over Hilda and Justin and finally setting them free.

I like Henry having a BFF. It will help develop the character. And maybe Kenny and Christina can get together too.

Oooh! So much to look forward to. Justin and Wili are a match made in heaven. And Betty The Musical!

Edited by Good Queen Jane, Aug 2, 2007 @ 8:36 AM.

txteri66

txteri66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 11:45 AM

For you diehard Betty fans, here's the complete Breakdown for this one episode. Perhaps you might get a glimmer from it as to what's gonna go down this coming season.

UGLY BETTY, “A League of Their Own”
Episodic
Studio: ABC Studios
Network: ABC
UNION
Season Two, Episode #205

Exec. Producers: Silvio Horta, Marco
Pennette, Salma Hayek, Pepe Tamez, Jim
Hayman
Co-Exec. Producer: Richard Heus
Director: Wendey Stanzler
Writer: Sheila Lawrence
Casting Director: Jeff Greenberg
Casting Associates: Mark Scott, Allen
Hooper
Casting Assistant: Brad DeLima
Work Dates: 8/22 - 9/5/07

SUBMIT HARDCOPY TO: JEFF GREENBERG CASTING C/O RALEIGH STUDIOS
5300 MELROSE AVE.
CLINTON ANNEX, ROOM 201
LOS ANGELES, CA 90038

[CLIFF] Male, mid to late 20s. A gay, overweight, average looking photographer who has a crush on Mark (Michael Urie). Will recur in episodes #206 (9/4 - 9/17) and #207 (9/14 - 9/27) and possibly beyond. GUEST STAR, TOP OF SHOW

[GUS] Male, early 20s to early 30s. Underwear model, drop dead gorgeous, with amazingly ripped body; but NOT a body builder type. He’s as dumb as he is gorgeous. 3 scenes.

[ESTHER, MABEL, LUCILLE] Female, 60s and older. All widows who commiserate over their long lost husbands. ONE DAY GUEST STAR, we do NOT have top of show.

[BRANDON] Male, 12-years-old. From Queens, Brandon is a bit of a troublemaker and a bad influence on Justin.

Edited by txteri66, Aug 1, 2007 @ 11:46 AM.

bijoux83

bijoux83

Stalker

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 2:47 PM

I note Ausiello says Alejandro will be back, not Santos. In best soap opera tradion, this may mean that he will be playing Santos long lost twin brother (usually evil)

Santos didn't smell of roses most of the time. I'm putting my money on Hilda either hallucinating him or seeing him in her dreams.

[ESTHER, MABEL, LUCILLE] Female, 60s and older. All widows who commiserate over their long lost husbands.

Oof. Sounds like another nail in Santos' coffin. I can only see them commiserating with Hilda.

txteri66

txteri66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 7:13 PM

My friend received an e-mail exclusive from Tvguide's Ausiello:

Little Justin's getting a love interest on Ugly Betty and it's a girl! According to my Betty mole, producers are looking for a 12-year-oldish actress to play the trashy, hot-to-trot girlfriend of Justin. Apparently, the two get caught making out. Eh, it's probably just a phase.

My Iron Lung

My Iron Lung

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 7:49 PM

Aww. It is plausible, but I can't help but be slightly disappointed.

naters22

naters22

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2007 @ 2:37 PM

Kenny sounds like a lame ripoff of The Onion's Gangsta Accountant Herbert Kornfeld. Bring on more Justin/Wili scenes!

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

• Interests:я обожаю слишком много сериалов.

Posted Aug 3, 2007 @ 9:26 AM

I wonder if Justin's girlfriend has anything to do with Santos' death(if he does indeed die). I know he was very supportive as he got to know Justin but I am wondering if maybe Justin gets a girlfriend because he thinks it's what his dead father would have wanted.

Michelleypie

Michelleypie

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 4, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

But it's going to kind of be a switch because if they introduce Gio as Betty's new suitor - than it will be Henry who has to watch while Betty gets a relationship going with a new guy - so hopefully the 'Betty-uncomfortable-watching-Henry' thing will only last for 1 episode and then it will be Henry-pretending-he's-fine-while-longingly-watching-Betty. Which could be prolonged through many episodes. Although, if we want to get technical, the 'Henry watching Betty' thing has already been done as well, back when Betty was with Walter. Or, we could go from Walter's point of view and talk about watching Betty with Henry - or best yet would be Betty watching Henry with that model who kissed him on Christmas. And really it all started with Betty watching Walter, of all people, with someone else. This particular plot device has been done to death, burried in the ground, tortured back alive, and hopefully soon will be eaten by sharks.

I agree...man, enough watching, already. Let's see something new happen. The watching was done for a full season; now it'll be done for a full 2???

Eric Mabius said something in an interview (regarding Daniel and Betty, but applicable all the same) about audiences loving unrequited love more than anything. Erm, no, not entirely true. I think audiences love ripples of conflict/resolution. If all there is is flat out conflict, then it's frustrating. There have to be hints of resolution...hints that the conflict is worth enduring because it's ultimately going somewhere. This is like a tidal wave of conflict with nothing visible behind it.

txteri66

txteri66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 5, 2007 @ 3:45 PM

Exes Vanessa Williams, Rick Fox Hook Up for Ugly Betty
SUNDAY AUGUST 05, 2007 02:35 PM EDT
By Mary Margaret

"He'll be playing Dwayne her bodyguard," the source says. "He'll be there for at least two episodes."

People Magazine

laserfox

laserfox

Video Archivist

• Interests:Just about anything...legal ofcourse

Posted Aug 5, 2007 @ 8:51 PM

wow. looking forward to that. I always thought they had great chemistry together!

tripaway

tripaway

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 6, 2007 @ 9:31 PM

From E online:

Teri in San Antonio, Texas: Y'all haven't mentioned any scoop from my favorite show—Ugly Betty. Any new information on Henry and Betty?
According to Christopher Gorham, "We are continuing the saga of Henry and Betty. In the very first episode, the first five minutes cannot be missed. There is a great Henry-Betty scene, and Charlie is involved. Early on in the season we find out who the baby's daddy is, and Henry gets a buddy in accounting. It's very exciting stuff."

Andrea in Stockbridge, Massachusetts: I've been watching all the Ugly Betty reruns on ABC this summer and that show is so good. Any news on season two?
Ashley Jensen tells us, "We discovered that Christina has a husband she walked out on. She went out one day, went out to the shops and just didn't come back. I think he wasn't a very nice guy, so she's come over to America and here she is at Mode. And I think he may make a little appearance."

Edited by tripaway, Aug 6, 2007 @ 9:48 PM.

Caitz

Caitz

Couch Potato

• Interests:Writing, reading, TV, movies, internet, travel, swimming, animals, Shakespeare, mythology

Posted Aug 6, 2007 @ 10:11 PM

Okay, this isn't the place to gripe about H/B, but shouldn't Betty be somewhere else in the first five minutes? Like comforting her sister, perhaps? (As she doesn't know about Daniel yet, I'll excuse that one) Oh, well, maybe that means Santos isn't dead. It'll be intersting to see Christina's husband, though, and perhaps more interesting to see who'll play him.

queenofdenile

queenofdenile

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2007 @ 7:43 AM

From the way Gorham is talking it seems that Betty is involved in the first five minutes, just with Henry. Unless I'm misunderstanding him. But yes, in the very first scene of the show, I'm sitting on pins and needles to see more triangle drama, not to find out whether or not Santos is dead, or to see what happened to Daniel and Alexis!

My big hope for the season is that Betty gets laid. Be it Henry, or hot Freddy Rodgriuez, or Henry's hot twin brother Harrison from Popular after Henry tragically dies in a plane crash to Tuscon, I don't care with whom. Just get the woman into bed with someone, and fast.

Fleegull

Fleegull

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2007 @ 8:10 AM

According to Michael Ausiello's vlog, Justin will get caught making out next season with....a girl.

kestrelle

kestrelle

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 7, 2007 @ 2:59 PM

Looks like Betty will get a date to Wicked after all... don't know who with.

Also, please tell me it will feature Megan Hilty (LA's Glinda). She's an amazing performer

Personally, I'm hoping they bring back Kristin Chenoweth (the original Glinda)!

Wasn't Kristin a dental hygienist last season? That would pretty much preclude her playing Glinda, I'd think.

Edited to clarify which one was interested in plaque

Edited by kestrelle, Aug 7, 2007 @ 2:59 PM.

My Iron Lung

My Iron Lung

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2007 @ 7:40 PM

Wasn't Kristin a dental hygienist last season? That would pretty much preclude her playing Glinda, I'd think.

I know that, but I'd still like her back for the musical episode.

txteri66

txteri66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 7, 2007 @ 11:14 PM

"Ugly Betty" Hunk on Posh Guest Star
ET has not only confirmed that VICTORIA BECKHAM will appear on "Ugly Betty" -- we have hottie ERIC MABIUS talking about the Posh cast addition!

Click on the link to view the video interview with Eric Mabius

Eric Mabius Interview

tripaway

tripaway

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 8, 2007 @ 12:33 PM

Sounds like she's going to be Wilhemina's bridesmaid. I really really hope that the wedding doesn't actually happen - please! please!

jennifda

jennifda

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2007 @ 6:07 PM

The producers would only say that Santos may be dead

Potentially a coma? That would work. On the edge of death, but not quite.

Bad news if he needs it because he married Charlie and wants her to have health coverage during her pregnancy!

He wouldn't have to marry her. Many places now give insurance to domestic partners. As long as she lives with him, she could have coverage. Why yes, I did used to be a benefits representative...

Edited by jennifda, Aug 8, 2007 @ 6:15 PM.

naters22

naters22

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2007 @ 3:39 PM

See... if they go the coma route, how do they explain Hilda's intense breakdown at the end of last season? If Santos was still alive, she would be RUNNING to the hospital, not sinking down into Betty's arms wailing. But meh, whatever, if it means more Hot!Santos it's OK.

And I am officially over Posh and Becks already... can we ship them back to the UK?

Tejanisima

Tejanisima

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 11, 2007 @ 1:32 AM

Marc and Amanda together are trying to figure out where Amanda came from,” Newton said over lunch on the "Ugly Betty" lot.

“And who her daddy is,” Urie added. As for how Marc helps on that score, Urie would just say “it’s really gross and “really funny.”

OK, here's a theory just for fun:
Pt. 1: Fey went the artificial insemination route (possibly letting Bradford think the baby was his).
Pt. 2: Marc goes undercover as a donor to try to get into the clinic's records!

To the person who said that in the first five minutes of the premiere Betty should be comforting Hilda: That assumes that the first five minutes follow immediately on the last scene of "East Side Story." They could always take up the plot anywhere from hours to weeks later.

naters: While I personally favor the theories that say that KAlejandro's appearance will be in a flashback or ghostly visitation, there's certainly TV precedent for reversing an event like this, though usually earlier in the show -- e.g., Julianna Margulies' character on ER committed suicide in the two-hour pilot movie, but people wanted her character to survive, so she did, and people accepted it. I'll grant that such decisions don't work as well later into a show's run, but it's a slight possibility.

Edited by Tejanisima, Aug 11, 2007 @ 1:33 AM.

My Iron Lung

My Iron Lung

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2007 @ 2:33 AM

Pt. 2: Marc goes undercover as a donor to try to get into the clinic's records!

I would LOVE that! Or: Marc seduces a hot doctor/clinician to get into the clinic's records.

Anything to ensure that Marc doesn't become the next Will Truman. Bleh.

jennifda

jennifda

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:25 AM

See... if they go the coma route, how do they explain Hilda's intense breakdown at the end of last season? If Santos was still alive, she would be RUNNING to the hospital, not sinking down into Betty's arms wailing. But meh, whatever, if it means more Hot!Santos it's OK.

Also, depends on what she was told/miscommunication to Betty such as he was shot and they didn't get there in time (they mean to catch the guy who shot him, she thinks it means to save him). It can be worked around. Or Hilda just broke down and then as soon as she could get herself together she went to see him (if he is in a coma and out of danger of dying, no need to rush? Kind of cruel, but would allow for the breakdown). The coma would allow more possibilities (she moves on, then he wakes up) and allows for her to also accept the widow status with the older women mentioned previously in these spoilers.

lehdownthebeat3

lehdownthebeat3

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:52 AM

[ESTHER, MABEL, LUCILLE] Female, 60s and older. All widows who commiserate over their long lost husbands.

I hate to admit it, but I don't think Santos could be in a coma with this information. I think he comes back for one episode as some sort of hallucination. Then, Hilda totally breaks down and the ladies comfort her. I mean, why else would there be Spanish widows on Ugly Betty?

Edited by lehdownthebeat3, Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:52 AM.