13-3: "Flirting and Frustration" 2006.09.28 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

246 replies to this topic

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:04 PM

Ceclia gets dropped over Becky, the tribes get reduced, and Candice totally wasn't playing for Billy.

I just hope everybody who doesn't watch the show but loves to protest can finally get back to their lives. The way I see it, CBS probably wanted more diversity from Mark Burnett and the TAR folks, and the racial division was just MB's "fuck you" to the network. Also...I like paintball eggs. Do they get specially made, or can I shop around for them?

Parvarti...shameless. I wouldn't blame a lady for swooning over the three slabs of hetero manmeat, but she's taking it to the next step. "Mmmm, Nate...that's a lot of meat. On the octopus. I like eating meat. Lots and lots of meat."

Jessica/Flicka...is there anything going on between her ears? Of course, she'll probably make the jury...she's got Morasca luck, I can feel it. Ditto with Cao Boi...I bet he and Flicka are gonna be the loveliest couple...when he's not knocking off baby birdies, that is.

Yul...close call with Becky. I have to wonder if she got the idol from Yul for insurance. While I still don't have a favorite in this bunch, I admire Yul having more brainpower with the idol than Terry.

Ceclia...Damn, why can't we get rid of the more generic people there? At least she'll be the one to let poor Billy know that Candice doesn't dig him that much.

ETA: Damn...got Ceclia and Cristina's names mixed up.

Edited by Lantern7, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:14 PM.

Max Evans

Max Evans

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:07 PM

I don't think I like Flicka. That's all.

Tanker

Tanker

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:07 PM

They voted off my eye candy. I want them all to die horrible, painful deaths.

Aarond23

Aarond23

Couch Potato

• Interests:sports, Mythbusters, Survivor

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 7:58 PM

I was surprised by the final vote. All signs pointed to Becky going and them having to possibly use the immunity idol super early.

I think those 4 have a pretty good chance of going far with the way things look now.

gottahavamypop

gottahavamypop

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 7:58 PM

Wow, Cao Boi and Jessiflicka are going to live to reget that decision. Jonathan and Yul are going to run this game. I heart Yul, so I don't know if I mind that so much.

Also, I secretly love Parvati.

That was the best schoolyard pick'em ever! It made me half-forgive the fact that the "segregation" gimmick lasted two friggin' weeks.

noisack

noisack

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:08 PM

I like Jonathan, but he really screwed up by picking Yul first. He should have picked Nate, and Yul would have still been available to him in the next round, since JP couldn't pick Yul (with Brad being the captain). That way, there would have been three strong, buff guys on each tribe, instead of the the current 4-2 split. It's almost guaranteed that Jonathan's tribe will go down at a deficit into the merge.

Edited by noisack, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:10 PM.

Arekuru

Arekuru

Loyal Viewer

How lucky is Jonathan that he teamed up with Yul? He would have turned the numbers against himself left to his own devices, and Yul still managed to flip two needed members to his side.

I was already in love, but this display of social prowress on top of the hot and the smart? How did he ever end up on reality TV?

I wonder if he gave Becky his idol, just in case?

Edited by Arekuru, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:18 PM.

n00b

n00b

Ethnic groups pitted against each other, a social experiment OF ENORMOUS SIGNIFICANCE!! For two whole episodes. Eat a dick, CBS.

Cao Boi fitting the asian stereotype? Not so much. Braindead hippie stereotype? Oh yeah. Too bad his tribe didn't stop ignoring him long enough to explain that there's no military draft.

Glad Flicka made it to the merge, she seems like one of those insipid people who yearns to let everyone know that she feels their "struggle." Let the awkwardness begin!

Awesome octopus that Nate caught, it even distracted from the doinkage from when they gave the spear to the brother. Can't imagine eating that much of it before getting sick of it, though.

Horrible strategy having all the women give up their bags early, what were they thinking? Good on Rebecca for lugging hers around much longer than the rest, seemed like the other women on her team also gave up before they needed to. I couldn't figure out why they all sent Candace either, I figured that they would've sent Cao Boi to make sure he sticks around to annoy the team. Not saying it's a good or bad move, just curious how they all reached that consensus so quickly.

If I were Flicka, I wouldn't go along being the obvious fifth wheel of a five-person alliance. Of course, she's dumb as a bag of hammers, so I can't really credit her for working that out on her own. Her conversation with Cao Boi before tribal council was hilarious, like she was channelling Jeff Spicoli. I was waiting for her to take off a shoe and bang it against her head.

Still don't have any big like or dislike for anyone yet, even the douchebags have kept me amused. And Parvati's nice eye candy despite her repulsive behavior. VERY surprised to see hottie Cecilia go, I really thought Becky was done for. Much less surprised that we got treated to the "If there's one thing we know, this tribe is not unified" lecture for the 800th time. Shut up, Probst.

makemeameteor

makemeameteor

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:00 PM

I think Flicka and Cao Boi made a mistake by not voting Becky off. Go ahead and pick off one from that alliance while they had the chance. Flicka definitely knew about the foursome. Though, I think Cecelia was doomed anyways, as Yul had probably given the Immunity Idol to Becky.

Bekalynn

Bekalynn

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:11 PM

Cecelia was doomed either way...Can I say that I sat there wanting Flicka to go so bad...I wanted both sides to pull a "Christy." I truly wouldn't be suprised if both sides reach a consensus anyways and take out Cao Boi and Flicka.

BackstreetGirl

BackstreetGirl

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:12 PM

So much for the big social experiment....
Sooo glad Cao Boi and Flicka flipped, just to see the "Holy Shit" look on Ozzy's face. I feel bad for Cecilia, though, she was okay.
Flicka? Still an idiot. But Pavarti? "Oooh, look at all that meat". Girl, this is Survivor, not the Playboy channel. You're an embarrassment.
Do you realize if you close your eyes and listen to Jonathan talk, he sounds just like Howard Stern?? Took me half the show to figure out who he reminded me of.

bluefish

bluefish

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:03 PM

I loved Yul's attitude during the immunity challenge -- when the other group was catching up to him, he decided to face them head on. Even if he was doomed, he was going down fighting. I'm liking his quiet alpha. No need to needle people or intimidate them, he'll just calmly try to appeal to them.

My bet is that he gave Becky the immunity idol during the vote. This may explain why she had a scarf around her neck -- needing something to hide the fact that she was wearing the compass.

Edited by bluefish, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:14 PM.

Aarond23

Aarond23

Couch Potato

• Interests:sports, Mythbusters, Survivor

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:13 PM

Jonathan sounds like Alan Alda to me, but just a general NY accent.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:14 PM

Can Parvati go away? Preferably exiled to an island that has no relation with Cook Island? Man, I have no problem with flirting--it is quite fun--but her flirting lacks all kinds of sophistication, and it reminds me of what a sixteen year old's idea of flirting might be, complete with the "seductive" eye twitch.

I was expecting the Idol to make a play tonight, too. Why did Flick and Cao Boi allow themselves to be steamrolled that way? Now they'll really be on the outs. If they had gone along and voted out Becky (if Yul hadn't passed the Idol to her), then the other group would have had the numbers (Flick, Cao Boi, Ozzy, Sundra, Cecilia versus Yul, the girl who was exiled, Jonathan). Damn. I was really looking forward to some kind of shake up.

Methuselah

Methuselah

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:15 PM

Man, Flicka seems to be in the running for most clueless gameplayer ever. And that's saying something.

Lambchop

Lambchop

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:17 PM

Can I say that I sat there wanting Flicka to go so bad...

Me too! It figures she and Cao Boi are on the same wavelength.

I hate Parvati too and she's got too many teeth. I can't wait for her to get voted off!

Edited by Lambchop, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:09 PM.

yruneh

yruneh

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:18 PM

The cop gets dropped, the tribes get reduced, and Candice totally wasn't playing for Billy.

No, Cristina's the cop.

I hate to Cecelia go. But I like the other faction better, and I didn't want to see Yul lose his sidekick. Too bad Aitu's already divided because my favorites are mostly on that tribe. Plus, Cecelia kind of deserved to go because she was the first out of the challenge. It's a big mistake for weak players to drop out of that challenge early. They should stay in until they're really, really worn down, so the stronger players will stay fresh in the long run.

I hope this episode smacks some sense into Billy. On the other hand, I'm also happy tribe switch split up Candice and Adam because that was just wrong.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:19 PM

Well, shit. The tribal council tonight was pretty much a lose-lose for me, since I like both Cecilla and Becky (for mainly shallow reasons, I admit. But still!) But I did like it because it was actually somewhat shocking (I really thought Becky was going), and at least Becky staying helps out Yul. Cecilla staying would have helped.... Ozzy. So, yay Becky, for staying. But damnit, why couldn't they vote out Ozzy instead?!

Actually I have to give credit to Yul. Jonathan was fucking up big time, but somehow, Yul managed to convince Cao Boi, who then talked to Flicka. Not to shabby, Yul.

That being said, it was kind of dumb of Cao Boi/Flicka to vote with them. Well, at least it was dumb for Flicka. Cao Boi probably wasn't aware of the Yul/Becky/Candice/Jonathan alliance, but Flicka was. But now she's settling for fifth. Okay then.

After Nathan caught the octupus and then they cut to a shot of a whale (before the IC), I was expecting Yul to pop out with a cannon or something, and take out the whale. Sort of like in Palau, when Bobby Jon caught fish, only to have Tom one-up him with a shark at the next scene.

Parvati? That was some horrible flirting. Hell, I find you attractive, and even I wouldn't fall for it. You made Jenna Morasca's flirting look like a thing of beauty.

Edited by thuganomics85, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:16 PM.

Bassari99

Bassari99

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:10 PM

So this grand "experiment" turned out to be much ado about nothing. Good. I'm glad the producers chose to end it early because, frankly, they all seemed so relieved to have the awkwardness of it overwith.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:20 PM

After that scare, I think Becky's alliance to Yul is rock solid. Yul rocks.

Edited by lulee, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:20 PM.

BML1980

BML1980

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:11 PM

I really wanted to like Flicka, but damn, what a total dipwad. I can't stand people who go on Survivor, a reality game show, and then get all confused/upset/morally unsure when they have to you know, play a game.

Maybe this is insensitive, but the whole "just doing this for a great experience" thing is idiotic. There are plenty of ways to have similarly life affirming experiences other than going on a show in which the main objective is to win a million dollars. I totally wanted the rest of the tribe to vote her out and be all "You can't deal with playing the game? Buh bye."

Anyway, as of this point, I think I'm rooting for Yul.

Edited by BML1980, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:26 PM.

Half Aussie

Half Aussie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:21 PM

Okay, so. Jonathan + Yul + Becky = Love. I think that all three of them are not only physically strong, but extremely smart players. I really hope they ditch Cao Boi (who grates the nerves) and Flicka (who grates the nerves more) and pull in Sundra and Candace, who are actually tolerable. Ozzy can go suck an egg.

Raro seems exceedingly annoying so far. Adam + JP + Parvati = Annoyance to the third degree.

Kenny1

Kenny1

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:25 PM

Can I say that I sat there wanting Flicka to go so bad...I wanted both sides to pull a "Christy."

Right there with you. I was willing to give Flika the benefit of the doubt for the first two shows, but now I have to give Jonathon props for not reaching out and strangling her during their strategy talk as I would have. That fact that he didn't at least look at the camera and give a "Is this bitch for real?" look shows amazing constraint. Go Jonathon.

This chick is worse than Lil from Pearl Islands - "You want me to vote someone out? That's so mean!!!"

Did anyone notice that Brad and J.P were off talking alone when Nate caught the octupus? Maybe there is some truth to the rumour after all. If so, Best. Season. Ever.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:27 PM

yruneh...damn, both names start with "C." Thanks for clearing that up...I fixed the first post.

I liked the challenge...but how about next time, the team that catches up has to down and unclip members of the other side? Just to make it a little more interesting.

Lambchop

Lambchop

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:23 PM

That fact that he didn't at least look at the camera and give a "Is this bitch for real?" look shows amazing constraint.

If it makes you feel any better, I was looking at my TV and saying that.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:32 PM

So this grand "experiment" turned out to be much ado about nothing. Good. I'm glad the producers chose to end it early because, frankly, they all seemed so relieved to have the awkwardness of it overwith.

See, that was what I didn't understand about the controversy. Ever since they started splitting up tribes (along gender lines or age lines), it's been that by week two or three they mix up the tribes. I didn't think that they would've had a whole season with ethnic tribal segregation.

While Yul is my favorite thus far, Becky has been kind of meh, in my opinion. So, while her ouster would have changed Yul's game a bit, I wouldn't have minded seeing her gone.

miiiike

miiiike

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:36 PM

Also, I secretly love Parvati.

She's one of my favorites. Between the completely obvious hitting on Nate and the "Now we're the United States! We're a melting pot!", she cracks me up.

Glad Flicka made it to the merge, she seems like one of those insipid people who yearns to let everyone know that she feels their "struggle." Let the awkwardness begin!

Heh. When she called referred to Sundra a "sister", I half-expected her to be like, "What, a white girl can't say 'sister'? Dude, it's totally cool; one of my neighbors is black. He gives me really good vibrations." During that scene, I also noticed that most of the people didn't know the others' names. So they couldn't have all spent too much time together, which makes Billy's love confession all the more bizarre.

I couldn't figure out why they all sent Candace either, I figured that they would've sent Cao Boi to make sure he sticks around to annoy the team. Not saying it's a good or bad move, just curious how they all reached that consensus so quickly.

That's what I was thinking, too. I thought for sure Jenny and Brad would be like, "He's on his way out... let's keep him safe so he can continue to annoy the shit out of everyone." Candice seemed like a pretty random person to call out; I wonder if Adam and Parvati were pulling the strings on that, just to protect their friend.

I like that they're already merging -- it makes it easier to "get to know" people, since there are only two tribes to split up screen time, as opposed to four. I like that they started with the smaller tribes because it makes it easier to distinguish people (although with the hyperdiversity this season, it happened much less than usual -- Rebecca and Sundra are the only ones who give me problems, so I'm really glad they were split up) but now that I more or less have everyone straight, I'm glad they mixed it up.

I thought it was weird how much Yul and Becky seemed to trust each other already. I get that they have a lot in common, but their tribe hadn't been to Tribal Council yet, so how could they know the other was really trustworthy? None of the old Pukas (or Raros, for that matter) have had a chance to do anything shady yet. In other Aitu news, Jonathan bugs the shit out of me. But whatever, I don't really care what happens with them because I'm much more into the Raro tribe. Most of my early favorites ended up over there... while I'm pretty indifferent to Jenny, JP is the only one I can't stand. So far, I genuinely like seven of the nine; this has to be some kind of personal "liking people" record.

Aw, I liked Cecilia. Beautiful, too. Did she remind anyone else of Jennifer Lopez... you know, 10 years ago, before she started raiding the closets of various whorehouses throughout Nevada?

Edited by miiiike, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:38 PM.

secrettvjunky

secrettvjunky

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:35 PM

i kind of fell in love with Cecilia around the time of the merge tonight. I started liking her last week with her red shorts, but there was an excellent shot during the merge that just captivated me. It was really quick, but she was pushing her buff down her hips, kinda wiggling out of them... It was very hot, I can't explain.

But then, just like that, it was over. No good!

And Ozzy is pissing me off big time. If you're going to vote for someone, that's fine, but since he's a prick he has to personalize it to make himself feel better. Jerk.

And if Cao Boi kills a chick for food... That's just not right. You guys have a lobster trap for god's sake.

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:36 PM

I'm glad Flicka and Cai Bo voted the way they did but damn they are soo annoying. They just want to make friends and not lie? *eyeroll* Hello you are on Survivor! I hate people who play the game that way. I prefer people like Jonathan and Yul who get that it's just a game. Who else laughed at Ozzy after the vote? He thought he had this game won. Ooooops, I guess not.Cai Bo killing a baby bird next week? Somewhere Jan is crying her eyes out! BWAH

Edited by casey22, Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:39 PM.

Half Aussie

Half Aussie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 8:40 PM

I couldn't figure out why they all sent Candace either, I figured that they would've sent Cao Boi to make sure he sticks around to annoy the team. Not saying it's a good or bad move, just curious how they all reached that consensus so quickly.

I think that they chose Candace for two reasons. For one, I think Adam and Parvati might be trying to save her (since they are all buddy buddy). I also think that they chose her because they think she is the 'weakest' on the tribe. If they send her to Exile then it is a guarentee that somebody stronger would be voted out.

P.S. I was heartbroken when Cecilia was voted out and just kinda walked off hugging herself. Poor Girl.