19 Kids and Counting (And Other Duggar Family Programs)

• Please log in to reply

62516 replies to this topic

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 11:19 AM

I hope Michelle retires into grandmotherhood. She can hold lots of little babies, without having to actually take care of them or raise them!

You know, I really don't get that mentally from her. I know newborns are small and cute, but when they are 6 months, they really begin to develop their personalities. To me, it's fun to see them laugh for the first time or roll over.

miz liz

miz liz

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 12:31 PM

I wonder how J'chelle will handle menopause. Her whole purpose in life is pretty much pumping out a baby, carrying it around for 6 months, handing it off to her daughters, and then starting the whole cycle all over again. That's her identity. That's it. What will she do when that's taken away from her? How will she react to <GULP> having to take care of her older-than-6-months-old children?

Backpack

Backpack

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 1:16 PM

She'll borrow grandchildren. With any luck, there should be a herd of little babies within a few years. Her daughters-in-law and possibly daughters (if they don't move away) probably won't mind too much, since they'll have their hands full. J'Michelle will get to fuss and cuddle and not have to tax those poor inverted nipples of hers.

QAF Rocks

QAF Rocks

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 3:45 PM

I wish they'd do something like that on the show, showing us the JKids' dining room table lessons, broomball buddies, and such, instead of the gimmicky stuff they've been giving us.

I don't mind the gimmicky stuff so much, ie: the trips and whatnot because at least it means the kids are out experiencing the great, big world. It's better than sitting at home working on Wisdom Booklets, and maybe it'll give them new ideas and help them (especially the girls) decide that they want more out of life than to stay home and breed endlessly.

I think it's kind of ironic that Jim Bob's big mission project and cash cow (TLC) could end up backfiring on him years later. In particular, it seems that the family has formed a bond with the director, producer, camera men, etc. Previously, the Duggar children didn't have any sustained interaction with outsiders. Maybe in forming friendships with people outside their worldview, they'll reevaluate their parents' teachings on people who aren't fundamentalists, and who aren't even Christians.

Then again, Michelle spent her childhood years among heathens (public school, cheerleading etc.) and all it did was make her renounce her former life. Jim Bob, apparently, was always ensconced in a segregated belief system, so perhaps he never had much of a choice.

But I'm hoping that maybe, maybe the children might start to question the exclusivity of what their parents preach, especially since it's telling them that assistant-director David or camera-guy Scott (or whoever) are going to hell.

mintyfresh

mintyfresh

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 3:47 PM

Here's hoping Josh and Anna break the "J" scheme with their family. Although, Adam and Amelia are both nice names...

polpetti

polpetti

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 4:38 PM

I hope they break the going on TV to announce every pregnancy like they've done something really rare and amazing scheme. I don't think that poor girl was exactly signing on to have her fertility discussed on national television. She doesn't really seem to be all that into being on TV much less having the spotlight on her belly.

Backpack

Backpack

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 5:11 PM

Here's hoping Josh and Anna break the "J" scheme with their family.

I'm guessing they do want to name their children starting with letters other than "J", but there's a slight problem. Grandpa's name, I believe, was James. If so, Josh and Anna may feel inclined to name their first child - at least if it's a boy - after him. Hopefully they wouldn't name a girl something like Jemima...

I'd bet that the Duggars have at least an informal deal going with the Today show to first announce pregnancies with them. The Today show gets viewers and the Duggars get some trips and $$s.

lindiana53

lindiana53

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 5:21 PM

I don't think that poor girl was exactly signing on to have her fertility discussed on national television.

I hope she doesn't get roped into giving birth on TV.

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 5:43 PM

I think we're all giving Anna too much credit. I don't know many people who go to their in-laws to take a pregnancy test, especially when said in-laws have a reality TV show.

Backpack

Backpack

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 5:51 PM

Glitter, Totally agree. Good point.

I'm no expert on the bible, but isn't one of the Ten Commandments a 'thou shalt not' about greed? Is selling your modesty to a TV network considered sinful? If so, how are the Duggars offsetting their sins to avoid the fires of hell? Just wondering.

GeoBQn

GeoBQn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 6:50 PM

The closest one would be #10, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's [stuff.]" Unless they take stock in the 7 Deadly Sins, of which greed is one, right?

I find it odd that nothing would have been leaked by now, but I guess the Duggars aren't exactly tabloid fodder. What do Cousin Amy's facebook updates have to say?

MattyDucks

MattyDucks

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 8:06 PM

Might I suggest the next 'J' name sine they are close to tapping out the 'J'-name genre...
appropriate:
Jesus H. Duggar. You heard it here first. Thanks, I'll be here all week.

jbean

jbean

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 8:57 PM

I wonder if it is really an announcement about Anna's pregnancy. why would they do it on Monday when the show airs on Tuesday night?

PlathsDaddy

PlathsDaddy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 9:01 PM

Edit to respond to the above post: the show was taped in February. From the timing of everything, it seems as if she was not known to be pregnant then, but maybe found out sometime last month and are saving her housekeeping episode on the shelf until after the inevitable announcement Monday (I'm betting it's satellite; I can't picture them being in the sin pit of NYC for Easter). My guide only goes to 4/20 today, so I can't check to see if that's what TLC did, but it makes sense to put the ice storm and the recovery episodes back-to-back.

Amy's mum, but I did see something that could potentially be on a future show. Josh and Anna apparently punked Amy and her boyfriend by manufacturing a fake marriage proposal on April Fool's Day.

I guess Anna's knocked up for sure; now she's securely got a bun in the oven she can make it her business to marry off her friends/relatives/inlaws.

Edited by PlathsDaddy, Apr 11, 2009 @ 9:09 PM.

teecher17

teecher17

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 10:13 PM

Jesus H. Duggar. You heard it here first.

I. LOVE. THAT! I plan to use it instead of the original when in need of an expletive.

My money is on a double wedding- Jana/Zack and John David/Erin
They could live together and have a Tennessee spin-off Four's Company!

eskarina

eskarina

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 10:40 PM

Okay-What if Zack Bates is all set to marry Jana but is drawn to Jill who she likes Nathan instead? or JD thinks God is leading him toward Michaela when Erin is very keen on him? Or JD falls for the 27 year old Maxwell girl....would that even happen? marrying a girl older than yourself?

Edited by eskarina, Apr 11, 2009 @ 10:44 PM.

merebiff

merebiff

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 11:49 PM

Don't know if this has been posted, but there's a new video on youtube, featuring the Duggar's at a Borders or B&N doing a book signing.

Three of them are gone - Josh, Jill and Joy (Jill and Joy are baby sitting) and one question is asked - has Jana or John David found a significant other yet, and how do they date?

AsIfYouWish

AsIfYouWish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 12:21 AM

Many of Jinjer's expressions on that YouTube vid are just priceless! She gets going like that with the bored/disgusted looks and she seriously resembles Christina Ricci as a teenager. Can''t you just see her in the Wednesday Addams role?

yippiskippihoo

yippiskippihoo

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 6:05 AM

GeoBQn,

How to find cousin Amy's facebook page?

Thanks!

Edited by Strega, Apr 12, 2009 @ 7:57 PM.
signed post

merebiff

merebiff

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 11:47 AM

How to find cousin Amy's facebook page?

yippiskippiho, her name on Facebook is Amy Rachelle Duggar, and she's in the Fayetteville, AR network.

Backpack

Backpack

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 3:16 PM

I found that YouTube video very jarring. That screaming baby messed up about the first half of it. Then there was Jinger's face, which I try to not look at anymore, and the Duggar's usual non-answer to the Jana/John question. On top of that there they are in a Barnes & Noble bookstore and they're not filmed signing books. They're singing a song about the blood of Jesus. Why sing during a book signing? I think they're angling for a recording contract.

Can't wait to see the Today show clip. I'm not getting up at 7 to see them, but I'm sure it will be posted pretty quickly (someone please provide a link!).

Then the new Tuesday show with ... the Bates? Want to see if they're wearing the same dresses or if Michaela came up with a new color scheme. There's no doubt in my mind that people would pay more attention to their countenances if they wore more subtly colored dressed. Maybe the day-glo look helps keep them safe during hunting season?

PlathsDaddy

PlathsDaddy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 4:52 PM

I'll DVR it, but I'm on the west coast, so if some industrious east coaster could throw us a bone and let us FF to the "announcement" we would be eternally grateful. The last thing I want to do is watch a show that airs live 3 hours before I wake up.

With the Bates episode coming up Tuesday, could there possibly be TWO announcements? Probably not; JimBoob wants to space them out so he can get PAID.

teecher17

teecher17

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 5:21 PM

I think they're angling for a recording contract.

ITA! Holy Duggar their album would likely be worse than anything in my worst nightmare.
Re-watched the wedding episode this afternoon and it is scarier the second time around. I can't believe J'Anna was ironing on her wedding day. Teacherette wouldn't know an iron if one hit her on the head. Of course, I did not blanket train her properly so I have no one to blame but myself.

Rachel333

Rachel333

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 6:09 PM

You know Josh Duggar has a Facebook. It's pretty funny. Lots of misspellings, unfortunately. Anna also uses it; I'm not sure why she can't have one of her own. He hasn't suggested a pregnancy, but they could be waiting for the big reveal.

I used to know about the latest Duggar pregnancy before the media did, but now they announce it to the media first, which seems kind of sad. I also just miss knowing things before other people did.

Fabricationary

Fabricationary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 6:24 PM

So I've read lots of ideas being tossed around, but any consensus on what the Duggar's big announcement on the Today show will be? It seems too early for another Jichelle pregnancy (unless she's been popping Jesus pills on the sly), and I doubt she would publicly broadcast that she was going through menopause. I'm hoping for J'Anna's sake that she doesn't have a Duggar in the oven yet....I think it's most likely a J'Anna pregnancy announcement or a Duggar betrothal announcement. But who knows, we could be pleasantly surprised - it could be that Jinger has run off with Cousin Amy/a representative from the Free Jinger Foundation, and the Duggars are set to make an emotional appeal for her safe return to the flock (and to dishwashing duty, or whatever her current jurisdiction is).

eskarina

eskarina

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 8:07 PM

I am suprised no has mentioned the People article. Read it today.They talk about how people think they are contributing to over population(don't really care what people think,Only God matters.) and having children raise children(They don't want the children to think they are the center of the universe)amoung other things.Also,Jinger is on laundry room duty just now ,Jessa helps with younger childrens school work,Jana and Jill have kitchen duties.

Madame Du Barry

Madame Du Barry

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 8:08 PM

Edited by Madame Du Barry, Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:59 PM.

nerdycool

nerdycool

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 9:21 PM

I wouldn't put it past TLC to mislead us on the subject of Tuesday's episode. If any of you watch Jon & Kate Plus 8, their last episode's previews led us to believe that they would be talking about them having marriage troubles. But there was absolutely nothing along those lines in that episode.

I'm sure someone is pregnant, and though many don't think it's Michelle just because they just got going again, just remember, that she's apparently super fertile and it only takes one.

But thinking about their Today Show appearance, perhaps they will be announcing their newly formed singing group and recording deal. You never know...

missbrooklyn

missbrooklyn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 9:45 PM

If they do form a singing group, it would explain their fascination with the von Trapp children.

merebiff

merebiff

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 10:43 PM

Maybe they're announcing Jana is gay, and she and Michaela Bates are betrothed and are moving to Connecticut to get married.