19 Kids and Counting (And Other Duggar Family Programs)

• Please log in to reply

62453 replies to this topic

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Aug 3, 2013 @ 4:36 PM

The Duggars don't know any facts about anything, besides they're taught Biblical BS that isn't true.  Maybe if the Duggars were able to get an education from someone who was actually certified to teach, they wouldn't believe stuff that isn't true. 

Jimbob Snip It

Jimbob Snip It

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 3, 2013 @ 5:01 PM

I don't know if these questions have been answered before but I was watching an older recording on DVR of Anna having M3 and I wonder. Why does she always insist on home birth (not that there's anything wrong with them), why go to a mid wife an hour from your house with contractions, and why did she say that she basically didn't know what to expect? She's had two other kids.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Aug 3, 2013 @ 5:09 PM

Anna was planning to have Mack in the hospital, but chose a homebirth at the last minute when her doctor went out of town.  I think that Smugger has shitty health insurance, and they’re being cheap by having the babies out of hospitals.  I think that Anna definitely knew what was coming when it came to labor. I think she was talking more about how life would differ between having three kids, versus two.  I don’t know why they chose someone so far away. Why didn’t they stay in the area where she was going to give birth before her labor started? Maybe a few days before her due date, get a hotel there. They’re cheap.   They made it seem like Marcus was going to be born on the side of the road. Also, it really pisses me off that J’Chelle thinks that she’s the center of attention, and they had to wait for her to arrive before they could go. I would’ve been like, “Drive yourself”. You’d think that J’Chelle would’ve let Anna’s mother be involved in seeing this grandchild’s birth. She hasn’t seen any of them. 

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Aug 3, 2013 @ 7:54 PM

Michelle was lucky that she got sick in her 24th week and delivered at 25 weeks. We never saw any hesitation on the Josie's birth episode that she was not going to deliver and wait. She was very sick and she agreed to have Josie asap. I just once want someone to ask Michelle what her choice would have been if it was 2-3 weeks earlier? Would she have risked her life and tried to hold out 2 weeks or deliver the baby knowing the chance of it living is less the 1%(which some consider a medical abortion to save the life of the mother)? Or ask her what if the same situation that happened with Josie , happened when you were pregnant with Jill or Jinger, would Michelle have delivered at 25 weeks. Over 20 years ago 25 weeks was what today 22-23 weeks is, very low chance of survival. Would Michelle have risked her life and waited 20 years ago if the new technology developed (I'm sure some of it by female college grads) in the last 20 years was not available that made Josie live and have a high quality of life.

Funny, I was just wondering about this the other night.  What WOULD they do if they were in the same situation at 22 weeks?  It's horrible but I almost wish they would have faced that situation, because I feel sure that they would have acted to keep Michelle alive, and written it off as "God's will" that the nonviable fetus died when removed.  For all the manipulation the show did to make it appear that Josie was constantly at death's door, they sure as hell didn't hesitate to yank her out of the oven the moment Michelle's life was in danger, when even a week's further gestation might have made a huge difference. 

Edited by McKay, Aug 3, 2013 @ 7:56 PM.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 12:38 PM

J'Chelle wrote another BS blog about difficult children. Of course, all 19 of hers are perfect angels.  Come on! Your kids are wild animals. I'd love to know what J'Chelle's definition of a difficult child is. She certainly has many, but is too stupid, or checked out to see it. How would she know anyway? Do the J'Slaves give her daily behavior updates?

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 3:07 PM

You know, I NEVER hear anything about Jennifer. You hear of little Josie the preemie, Jubilee the angel, Jordyn just cute, Hannie (my favorite) the spunky one. But who's Jenny? Poor thing is so quiet. Doesn't look too much like a Duggar, and yet, they never discuss her. Poor baby.

I still don't believe Jana was as spunky as Hannie is. Per Boob.

chasquigirl25

chasquigirl25

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 5:50 PM

So true that we never hear anything about Jennifer.  She used to attached at the hip to Jill, but now with Jill's "job", she probably never sees her "mom" Jill.  

Also true that the Duggar children are wild difficult disrespectful children and J Chelle is clueless.  I was perusing the Bates website, I enjoy reading the Bates site than the Duggars.  Someone commented to Kelly she couldn't wait to see them on TV in August.  Are the Bates coming back?  I hope so!  Kelly responded that the Duggars did come by for a visit while moving Josh and Anna to DC and that several of the older Bates kids went to DC to help...so maybe a Bates check up?  

The Bates have future weddings, college graduations, courtships....TLC this is interesting.  Stop with the farm visits, dentist office and packing!!

WE WANT THE BATES!!!

doodlebug08

doodlebug08

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 7:05 PM

Anna was planning to have Mack in the hospital, but chose a homebirth at the last minute when her doctor went out of town.  I think that Smugger has shitty health insurance, and they’re being cheap by having the babies out of hospitals

I think the real reason why they chose homebirth was because they wanted it filmed for the show.  Undoubtedly, Smuggar got a big ole check from TLC for selling the privacy and dignity of his wife and child.  I think that Anna's original doc was on board with filming for the show but whoever was covering in his absence wasn't agreeable to having it on tape and wouldn't sign on with TLC for it.  Either that, or the doc and/or hospital declined to allow filming and, rather than suggest that anyone, anywhere wasn't just fine and dandy with the Duggar dog and pony show, they made up some story about the doctor's last minute vacation.

Same thing with using a midwifery group hours away who just 'happen' to own their own birthing center.  Many lay midwives struggle mightily to make ends meet and actually charge far more for a delivery at their own centers than a hospital birth would cost because, quite frankly, many of them don't really want to work fulltime and they've got expenses to meet.  'Round these parts, it costs about 5 grand to get a lay midwife with dubious credentials, to do 'prenatal care' and then come to the house for the delivery.  It would be even more to use a birthing center owned by them.  Most lay midwives aren't able to bill private insurers, so they would be paid completely out of pocket. They argue that they're worth it because of the extra time they spend with the woman, ignoring the fact that many have no real training and that many don't want to come to the house for the birth until shortly before delivery (a friend attended a homebirth where the lay midwife repeatedly complained the the laboring woman that she called her too soon and that, since she'd already had a couple of babies, she should've known when she was ready to push and not called a minute before then.  The midwife had been there less than 3 hours when she started griping about 'wasting time' waiting for the baby to come).

In most cases, the midwife wants the whole shebang paid in full months and months before the due date.  That's how a lay midwife can afford to give such special care and pay her bills.  Most don't do more than maybe 4 births a month.  They also usually decline to refund a dime of the prepaid fee if the woman changes her mind and goes to a hospital or if she ends up in the hospital after complications set in.  Homebirth with direct entry midwives is not a bargain, in more ways than one.

I suspect Smuggar and TLC shopped around to find a group of direct entry midwives who were willing to comp the delivery and allow it to be filmed in exchange for the publicity it would give them and their practice.  After all, in those parts, amongst the fundy homebirthers (a popular fundy pastime) the Duggars are the epitome of the genre.  Getting Anna to deliver in their center and getting their names out there on TV was the point, they probably expected to snag a bunch of new patients with it.

Meanwhile, hospitals and regular licensed practitioners don't feel the PR is worth the potential downside of being associated with the Duggars and putting up with the BS involved in appearing on a reality show where they have very little control over what is shown to the masses.

Edited by doodlebug08, Aug 5, 2013 @ 7:17 PM.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 11:40 PM

It didn't occur to me how lonely Jenni must be now that Jill is out of the house and not going on all the family trips.  Poor kid.  She's such a serious little girl.  It must suck for her to be stuck in a family where she has no idea what's going to happen one day to the next, what harebrained "adventure" she's going to be dragged out on, etc, and now she doesn't even have the person she depended on. 

Pauline Fowler

Pauline Fowler

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 12:28 AM

I think that Anna's original doc was on board with filming for the show but whoever was covering in his absence wasn't agreeable to having it on tape and wouldn't sign on with TLC for it.  Either that, or the doc and/or hospital declined to allow filming and, rather than suggest that anyone, anywhere wasn't just fine and dandy with the Duggar dog and pony show, they made up some story about the doctor's last minute vacation.

I remember theorizing this scenario at the time. The Duggars are, after all, about the bottom line and Smuggar needed more coin to support his little family.

Laura Jane

Laura Jane

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 2:52 PM

Big news in Smuggerland:  check out Smugger's Instagram because he is showing off the new $1000 stroller and wearing SHORTS!

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 3:23 PM

Big news in Smuggerland: check out Smugger's Instagram because he is showing off the new $1000 stroller and wearing SHORTS!

You mean Josh is walking around my county defrauding us by wearing shorts?  I'm fanning myself and collapsing on my sofa. Josh and Anna have been teetering on the edge of fundy-lite for quite awhile now.  Hopefully he and Anna are involved in a nice church and will start to leave Gothard behind.  My main hope is for Mack to go to an actual school.  Homeschooling is fine but not Gothard homeschooling.

Meimeikittycat

Meimeikittycat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 3:45 PM

A $1000 stroller?  What happened to buy used and save the difference?

This is exactly what I dislike about the Duggars.  They are hypocrites.  There is nothing wrong with having an expensive stroller, especially if you're planning on having a lot of little ones.  But the Duggars have frequently proclaimed that they live simply and believe in saving money.  They believed in dressing simply to 'show off the countenance,' until the family made more money by pimping themselves out on TLC.  Now they dress up with lots of make-up and jewelry.  They believed in second-hand shoes, until, once again, TLC stepped in and now J'Chelle wears expensive running shoes.  Hypocrites!

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 4:49 PM

A $1000 stroller?  What happened to buy used and save the difference?

cos you can't buy a $1000 stroller at the Goodwil!

AuntieTig

AuntieTig

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 7:13 PM

This is exactly what I dislike about the Duggars.  They are hypocrites.  There is nothing wrong with having an expensive stroller, especially if you're planning on having a lot of little ones.  But the Duggars have frequently proclaimed that they live simply and believe in saving money.

I am hoping that they aren't being hypocrites, but are finally breaking away from the dog and pony show.  I would like nothing better than to see them live their own lives without Boob and J'chelle.  But somehow, I think that might be a little too much to ask from Smugs right now.  Maybe a year from now if he is still employed and she isn't pregnant again.

may2

may2

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 7:24 PM

I think they bought secondhand because they couldn't afford new.  They have more money now and they can afford somethings new.

Josh had better hold onto his money cause I doubt if the high paying job will last.

MicksPicks

MicksPicks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 6:25 AM

Actually I'm not so tough on the Duggers and think they behave well.  I've had my eye on the girls hoping for Amy to help them break into more normal activities and clothing, and I've seen a wee change.  I've love to see more independence from them.  They can still live great lives even if they loosen up.  The little ones are cute as can be, and I don't see screaming like I do by the former Mrs Jon Gosselin.  They need critical thinking skills which they have had no opportunity to learn or practice.  

Smugger on the other hand makes me puke.

BelleCurve

BelleCurve

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 10:58 AM

The Duggars will never have any critical thinking skills because Mr. Gothard doesn't want women to have that. They might learn after they run away from this cult but until then, no way no how. After all they are the dog and pony show of the Gothard cult.

Pauline Fowler

Pauline Fowler

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 11:10 AM

Jill's apprenticeship certificate is up for renewal at the end of this month. The question is: has she satisfied state requirements for that renewal or is she going to actually take the exam now? Sadly, for those who want these girls courting, Jana is now officially listed as an apprentice midwife training under the same lady (Vanessa) whose birthing center was depicted on the show. This is a new development: Jana's license expires at the end of August 2015, which means it's a new license (they're good for two years, max).

Boob seems intent on keeping these girls single.

Mary13

Mary13

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 1:31 PM

@Pauline Fowler I looked at that document too and I wonder if she could pass the state requirements. Also on that document it has her phone number? I'm surprised Boob would let any piece of info about his daughter out there.

On a different note, Anna duggar posted a pic on instagram of her kids and some friend at the zoo. But wait for it, that friend of Mackenzie was wearing..... Pants! (Or leggings, I couldn't tell.)

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 2:08 PM

Buy used, save the difference went out the window once the TLC money started rolling in. These people are morons if they think we still buy the BS that they still do that. Haha!

Fuzzysox

Fuzzysox

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 3:15 PM

Bring on the Bates!! Please, please, please TLC. I want to see a family that has their kids in normal schools and pushing a college education on their kids not just some skill learned out of a book.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 3:20 PM

I wonder why the Bates show didn't get renewed. They're more interesting and normal than the Duggars. Maybe Boob and Mullet couldn't handle that people prefer the Bates over them. When will TLC decide to end the Duggars' run? I hope soon. What else can they show us? More packing, trips, and grandchildren. Someone needs to get married ASAP. This show is so boring.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 3:57 PM

"I wonder why the Bates show didn't get renewed?" Their ratings were not high enough the first/sample season. The Duggars did better than the Bates family during their initial run.

PennyE

PennyE

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 11:55 AM

Don't worry, the thousand dollar stroller will be put to good use. In a few short years, Mac, Mike and Marc will each be pushing one of those down the street with the next nine siblings, while Smug and EvenSmuggar walk ahead hand in hand just like Ma and Pa Duggar!

p8712

p8712

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 11:07 PM

http://imgur.com/s3ypNBC

So, here's a picture of constable JD providing security at a Tonitown event. Looks like according to Arkansas law, constables have full police powers. Yeah. So he's a cop. With a gun and the power to arrest people. He also sleeps in a 9 year old's bedroom, has his grandma wash his uniform, and his sisters control his sexual glances. No potential for anything to go wrong there. Just like Jill and Jana can handle medical emergencies because hey can call 911 and have sutured pink craft foam. Josh is a great executive, because...well...he just is, OK! I see big liability lawsuits in the future.

This is also a nice, subtle FU to anyone with more than a SOTDRT 9th grade education. See, you don't need learnin' to get a good job. (Until something goes wrong)

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 11:20 PM

OMG!!!  Those poor people.  I would rather take my chances with the dangerous criminals.  Are they that desperate for constables?  I know where I live a reserve deputy or police officer has to go through two years of intensive training and are under strict supervision.  I cannot believe someone with a very limited education is allowed to be in law enforcement.  It boggles the mind.

I hope he is not be sent out on serious, life threatening calls.  Btw, his he allowed to go out on his own or does he have to have a buddy go with him in case he has to deal with a drunk woman wearing pants or shorts. *rolling eyes*

Edited by bigskygirl, Aug 9, 2013 @ 11:24 PM.

ksgeo

ksgeo

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 10:06 AM

Whoa, is that a side-hug we're witnessing there?  Who are these people?  What is she wearing?

NIKE, NIKE, NIKE!!!

I can hear the radio chatter now:  "JD Duggar, report to the prayer tent immediately!"

All of those episodes of Andy Griffith (who was totally cool, btw) must have struck a nerve with Barney Fife there.  "The first rule is, obey all rules!"

p8712

p8712

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

That's Rep. Jon Woods...and his wife (I think) hes a local ultraconservative pol the Duggars have been brown-nosing for years.

RazzleberryPie

RazzleberryPie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 5:40 PM

I'd love to know what J'Chelle's definition of a difficult child is. 

One she has to pay attention to for more than five minutes.