19 Kids and Counting (And Other Duggar Family Programs)

• Please log in to reply

62417 replies to this topic

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 3:30 PM

Mackynzie is so cute it's unbearable.  How the hell did Josh contribute to making such an adorable little girl?  Mikey is a handful but he's also really cute.  I think he's just at that age - generally he seems easygoing and happy.

I think they are both SO cute! It's almost sad, because I worry they will be ruined by this lifestyle.

Mikey.....it just seems like the age, but also maybe he's just more naturally spunky. My youngest is about his age and she is QUITE the handful. My oldest aren't like that at all. It's kind of refreshing to see they have a young kid misbehaving and they only have 2. It makes me hopeful they're not being as strict as GrandDuggars were in the early days - not beating all personality out of their kids.

burbankbaby

burbankbaby

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 3:47 PM

Who else thought that Josh mud-wrestling w/ him was David's dream come true? LOL! At least Josh was wearing a tee and jeans on the 4-wheeler!

I was laughing so hard when I saw The Fabulos David Waller (whoever coined that is awesome) and Smuggar were rolling around in the mud together! I know David really enjoyed that! Baby Paul is so darn cute!

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 3:51 PM

9 PM show:  1.12 M viewers and a .4 rating.

9:30 PM: 1.14 M viewers and a .4 rating.

Edited by Absolom, May 15, 2013 @ 3:52 PM.

Leigh3

Leigh3

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 4:15 PM

Can anyone tell me anything about Anna's sisters and brothers? I heard something about one sister bring pregnant out of wedlock and another sister leaving the Keller's fundamental lifestyle.

tvmakesmesew

tvmakesmesew

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 4:56 PM

I thought it was kind of icky how Anna bragged about being married and having babies before her older sister. Mrs Smuggar indeed.

While Joshy and Fabbo David Waller were wrestling, I caught a glimpse of the Smug gut. How defrauding! I wonder if David will be thinking about their little tryst in the mud next time he goes to impregnate his wife. That being said, despite seeming gay as gay can be, David is more of a catch than Smugs.

Why are they suddenly referring to Josh as 'Joshua'? Is this an attempt to make him seem more grown up?

They showed plenty of telltale tidbits in the convo about J&A moving to DC, especially the comments about how they need to find a church. It's obvious that the parents fear them being exposed to the 'wolves'. C'mon TLC, just show us the stuff that wound up on the cutting room floor. You're not fooling us.

Edited by tvmakesmesew, May 15, 2013 @ 4:57 PM.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 5:16 PM

Speaking of defrauding, I noticed Mack and Mike were wearing shorts.  Mack was wearing a short mini skirt and flip flops---knees and thighs well exposed.  I was rather surprised.  We've never seen her do that in Arkansas.

StripperGlitter

StripperGlitter

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 5:25 PM

These epis infuriated me a great deal last night, and I'm not even PMS'ing. I've never ever been nearly so antagonized by everyone as I was last night! Except for - and this pains me - JOSH and Anna. I can't even believe I'm typing it. Plus Jill and Jana in the birthing scenes didn't bother me either. Jana seldom does anyway though.

I don't even know where to begin.

The Fabulous David Waller is really just an asshole. Seriously? The little comments about "less of Josh" and such. OMG. I wanted to punch him more than I wanted to puke after the wedding kissing.

We get it, we GET IT. YOU'RE ALL COMPETITIVE. And I don't think it's healthy competition, I think it's from a lifetime of having Boob say: "Let's see who can win" and then beating them all (call back to my earlier post re: Joan Crawford challenging her young daughter to swimming competitions then lording it over her when JC would beat Christina). These kids don't stand a chance.

And yes, there was something just a little weird about Jinger's reaction to seeing Joseph. Not a lot but enough to make me raise an eyebrow. Lord have mercy, why did I suddenly just think of Flowers in the Attic?

I detest The Fabulous David Waller (henceforth known as TFDW). That wrestling with Josh was kind of disturbing too. Was that just me?

Matching shirts on Priscilla and TFDW. STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!

Side hugs for your Mom? Really?

Did anyone else think that Priscilla was different, now that she's had Paul (will it be a family of P's?). She seemed less dippy than usual. Maybe if she has another she'll be normal.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 5:28 PM

They've referred to Josh as "Joshua" off and on over the course of the show, but it's still weird to me when they do.  He's not even "Joshua" in the roll call in the opening credits.  And I have to say, it used to be one of my favorite names.  Smuggar pretty well killed that.

Leigh3, a couple of Keller sibs have bailed on the fundie lifestyle.  Suze, the sister seen over the summer of 18 Kids and Counting's filming, had a little girl with her former fiance (they have since separated) before they married.  One of Anna's brothers has abandoned the lifestyle as well and has remained close to Suze but has reportedly been snubbed by the rest of the family.  Rebekah and Priscilla, however, are bugfuck enough for an entire family anyway.  Anna, by her own admission, doesn't really stay in touch with her siblings any more.

Edit: my bad, confused Rebekah and Esther. 

Edited by McKay, May 15, 2013 @ 5:58 PM.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 5:37 PM

Rebekah is the no longer ATI sister, but Esther and her husband are Quiverful, basically homeless, and shilling to go on a mission.  I've already erased the episode, but I'd love to go back and check out Mackynzie's apparel.  I didn't look closely enough as it seemed fairly normal for a kid her age.  Perhaps it was very normal for a kid her age.  The fabulous David Waller always makes my skin crawl.  There is something smarmy about him aside from his flamboyancy.  Perhaps it's his thinking he has the secrets of the world at his young age when all he has is (to me) a pitcher of useless Kool-Aid.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 5:43 PM

I've already erased the episode, but I'd love to go back and check out Mackynzie's apparel.  I didn't look closely enough as it seemed fairly normal for a kid her age.  Perhaps it was very normal for a kid her age.

It was indeed normal--surprisingly normal, which brings me to one of the reasons why I think Jimbo appears to want Joshie to stay local.  When Josh moved out the got that tv.  Not just any tv, such as the one that the Senior Duggars have hidden away in a closet, but a flat screen, wall mounted tv.  Mack was watching videos on the tv and going to the library.  I think Jimbo thinks that when Joshie gets away from the family, he starts doing more "worldly" things. 

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 6:02 PM

Like what, wear shorts?  Josh is the most ass-clenchingly awful type of "conservative," just like his dad.  I really don't think he'll change all that much when it comes to religion or politics.  On the other hand, he has basically NO self-control, so maybe they're worried about him attempting to have an affair.  He'd almost certainly gain all that weight back if he has an actual job that requires sitting at a desk all day.

StripperGlitter

StripperGlitter

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 6:20 PM

Why omelettes for breakfast? Why not just a big thing of scrambled eggs? Throw some meat and even some green peppers in there, ta-da! Easy breakfast. Omelettes are time consuming.

BuggieGirl

BuggieGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 7:51 PM

I think Jim Bob thinks that he is so much smarter and more enlightened than the rest of us, that he truly thinks no one has caught on to the fact that there probably won't be a biological #20.

I think frighteningly enough they actually believe that god could miraculously give them more babies. Wasn't there an old lady in the bible who had a kid when she was old? Sarah? (Admittedly, my biblical knowledge is from the Bible miniseries that was just on History Channel, lol). 

But my main comment is OH HOLY LORD the mud wrestling!!!111 I can't even...

When the "real" midwife starts to ask for someone to call 911 then I am OUT. She seemed calm, most probably for the benefit of the mother, but her face registered panic, horror, and more panic.

WTF was up with the actual midwife not knowing what was wrong with the umbilical cord??? That made it all real to me, what a risk. I know that even doctors are stumped by things all the time, but she didn't even hazard a guess! And both my kids had umbilical hernias, that was NOT an umbilical hernia. 

I was also shocked that dad went with the baby to the hospital but mom just stayed to recover. I can't imagine too many moms just saying "yeah cool, take my brand new baby who is suffering from some unknown malady and I'll stay here and rest"! She hadn't just had a section, she didn't have to come out from being under or regain feeling in her legs. WTF wouldn't she go with the baby?? Just in case even...

Edited by BuggieGirl, May 15, 2013 @ 7:53 PM.

burbankbaby

burbankbaby

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 8:03 PM

I detest The Fabulous David Waller (henceforth known as TFDW). That wrestling with Josh was kind of disturbing too. Was that just me?

Nope! I am sure TFDW enjoyed it 100%!

Cgund

Cgund

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

Thinking more about that bow tie.  I am hopeful Josiah was making a fashion statement, or just sort of any kind of statement.  The v-neck tee he was wearing in his token talking head seemed kind of metrosexual for that household, too, and I loved it.

Then today a sad thought hit me.  Please tell me I'm crazy, but do we think there's any possibility Josiah is gayward and was being made to wear a pink bow tie as a sort of scarlet letter type deal?  Like a public shaming?

Fouts

Fouts

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 8:17 PM

I wish somebody could make a YouTube video:

1.  Take slow-motion clips of the Smugger/FabDavid mud wrestle.  

2.  Add some sultry music.  

3.  Make sure to include the part where they gaze into each others' eyes..  

4.  Finish the scene with them paired on the 4-wheeler, driving off into the sunset.

What songs would work best?  

Cgund

Cgund

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 8:22 PM

Barry White leaps to mind right off the top of my head...

Tony Gancarski

Tony Gancarski

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 8:25 PM

"Hard Habit to Break" by Chicago

jessdvd

jessdvd

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 8:44 PM

Were Mack & Mike wearing shorts in the first ep or the 2nd? Mr DVD deleted the first ep already, so if it was that one and anyone hasn't deleted it, any chance you could get me a screenshot or two? We haven't watched the 2nd one yet and it's being preempted for Stanley Cup playoffs (Seriously, Mr. DVD - your priorities!) on our TV right now.

I see that next week we get the announcement about if Josh accepted the "interview". Anyone have any knowledge on this?

It really does make me LOL how this season the show is clearly screaming at us "Look! The adult children aren't just sitting around the house parenting their own siblings. They're working! At jobs! Outside the house! And stuff!

And because it always bears mention: Shut up, Jim Bob. The show is much better when it's focusing on your kids and not you.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

Mack was wearing the short skirt in the the episode where she's in Florida...maybe it's the second episode?

StripperGlitter

StripperGlitter

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 10:14 PM

I was also shocked that dad went with the baby to the hospital but mom just stayed to recover. I can't imagine too many moms just saying "yeah cool, take my brand new baby who is suffering from some unknown malady and I'll stay here and rest"! She hadn't just had a section, she didn't have to come out from being under or regain feeling in her legs. WTF wouldn't she go with the baby?? Just in case even...

It looked like they were tending to her in the background. She may not have delivered the placenta yet or something.

I wasn't too shocked at reaction to the baby's hernia/cord. I'm sure it's not commonly seen. Makes me wonder though did they not have an ultrasound during the pregnancy. That would certainly have been caught I think.

I decided TFDW might not be a very nice person after this video. I read about it on FJ a few weeks ago. I think he's kinda jerky in it, after Josh climbs up the ladder and is talking to them about the hole being a tight fit etc. 

Fouts

Fouts

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

You're right, StripperGlitter.  The fabulous David is quite the snarkly little jerk to Joshie in that video.  I can't believe I feel bad for Smugger.  

The four-handed hand-sex between TFDW and Priscilla must mean this video was shot pre-wedding?  And TFDW hadn't yet gotten the memo to butch it up, it appears.  

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 10:37 PM

I could watch the Fabulous David fall off the ATV and then leap to his feet "Voila!" over and over. 

StripperGlitter

StripperGlitter

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 10:39 PM

Yes, my guess is that was pre-wedding. Notice the complete look of surprise on Priscilla's face when she sees Josh. I can hear her thought process now: "Wow look at that! JOSH is here! That's so neat! I wonder....ohhhhh. Oh yes that's right. He was on the boat too! That was such a neat ride. It's awesome how things can go in the water and move!"

BelleCurve

BelleCurve

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 10:42 PM

Poor Priscilla probably still hasn't figured out how that baby was made.

And yes my mind (really inadvertantly) went there when the Fabulous David Waller made the comment about the hole being too small. He was just indulging in his prurient fantasies and being mean to Joshua. Two sins in one.

Fouts

Fouts

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 10:49 PM

"The hole being too small"...  ROFL

TFDW acted like a jerk to Smugger because he knows he can't have him.  Beyond the occasional erotic mud wrestle.  

Pauline Fowler

Pauline Fowler

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 10:49 PM

Yes, that was a few months before their wedding, so handsex was it. I hadn't seen that video in ages...forgot that TFDW & then-fiancee Pris were even allowed that - or that he would want to hold hands at all - I'd have assumed he'd have wanted the 6" rule. That was also before the Santorum campaign when Smuggar REALLY started to pack on the lbs. and everyone thought Anna was knocked up again.

I was moving around some bookmarks to a new computer last night and found TFDW and Prissy's wedding video. He's directing the congregation while singing some hymn and the gay flag is flying high as a kite. You couldn't even hear Prissy singing, but apparently she was, as her lips were moving. Speaking of Pris, she has not become any smarter. Please refer yourselves to their blog and watch the Mother's Day Video. She is incoherent and he's a pompous asshole. I prayed during that video. For either booze or death, but would have taken a bird shitting on Davey's head.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 11:26 PM

"Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 11:37 PM

Speaking of videos that would make a person beat his or her against the wall (Duggars Marriage Secrets & More video on youtube.)

JB thinks he came from an abusive home because his father was not a spiritual leader.  Seriously...  He blames his father for his problems until he found God.  What an a$$hole!!!

Fouts

Fouts

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 11:47 PM

I went to David and Priscilla's website to watch their wedding video and the waving arms of TFDW leading the hymn.  He almost took Priscilla's eyes several times with those arms flying, seriously.  

I happened upon some other gems on their website:   http://davidlovespri...us/david-story/

Here David describes calling Priscilla's dad to ask for permission to court his daughter:

After a while, he stopped me and just said, “David, I really feel like God is the One working in your life to give you these desires toward Priscilla. I have only two questions for you: Are you willing to trust God with the size of your family and second, are you willing to be accountable to Priscilla for your Internet use.”

Here David talks about going to out with Priscilla for dinner during courtship:

Having never dated any girls except my mom and sisters, it was super special to go out to a few restaurants during this time and share in many special memories.