19 Kids and Counting (And Other Duggar Family Programs)

• Please log in to reply

62442 replies to this topic

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

Anna kind of annoyed me this episode. The problem with being holier than though on everything on a regular basis is that you have to come up with a justification for why you changed your stance, i.e., Anna and Josh now use disposable diapers.

When Anna made her statement about being a stay-at-home mom and other women working/going to school, I could only think one thing. At least if the other women decide to later stay-at-home and homeschool, their kids are likely to get a better education than what Anna would be able to provide, which I am guessing is the equivalent to an eight grade education.

I don't understand why Michelle needed to take James with her and Josie to see the doctor. There is always a buddy taken along for every appointment. I didn't realize that visits to the doctor for one child was a two person job. I wonder how parents of single children do it.

Did you notice Anna's Coach diaper bag? I'd like to see what kind of stroller she was using, too.
Kudos to Anna though, for being able to handle two babies on her own in public. Not sure if frozen green beans straight from a food meal is fresher or healthier than jarred baby food, but it has to taste better due to the salt content, if nothing else. I do think Anna finished homeschool high school and has some sort of two year degree or started one in early child development?

Having a buddy at the doctor makes it easier for someone to hold and entertain the kid. It also gives some "almost individual" time. Josie was probably crying because she didn't want a shot AND because she wanted comfort from her Buddy, not that woman with the glassy-eyed smile and long hair. I did notice that when the kids went to the dentist, two of the sisters held the tiny kids, while Michelle walked behind them.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:58 PM

Seriously, how many FU!!! internet moments could the show have tonight.

Poor Grandma Duggar. Doing so many freakin' loads of laundry. Is she really happy there or did DQ and JimBoob guilt her into helping with the kids.

I really wanted to reach through my tv and slap the sh** out of Michelle, Anna and JimBoob tonight.

I had a major chuckle tonight when Michelle was telling the kids not to feed the dogs human food. Did she really think the kids were going to listen to her. She could have said it until the cows come home and the kiddies still would have done the opposite. Here is a thought for ya-it is called discipline-give it a try nitwit.

The reaction to Josie crying while playing with Mackenzie was really unbelievable. Where the he** was Michelle. She needs to actually keep an eye on the kids esp. if they play too rough. To to be honest about it, I thought Mackenzie did not really feel too bad for what she did.

Anna and her life is what she really wants. Was she trying to convince herself or the viewers.

JimBoob and his teaching the kids good work skills. Hmmm... I call it slavery but to each his own. I guess Josh must have not learn one darn thing.

The dentist took a very quick look at Josie's mouth and said she was okay . So wonder DQ liked him so much,he goes along with her Josie will be fine forever fantasy world.

And yes the family will not mourn Jubilee because they are busy. Seriously...

Edited by bigskygirl, Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:23 AM.

vocamesmom

vocamesmom

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

Another "highlight" of this season: J'chelle has dropped the baby talk voice, at least for the interviews (she still lapses when talking to the children). Also some serious image building going on here regarding maternal instincts, etc. Coincidence? I think not.

Also new this season: Michelle gets a re-edit so even her daughter in law worships the ground she walks on.

Wow - they get to play video games at the dentist?

She was way more tolerant of the dogs than of her own toddlers. WTF? She seemed to stop just short of blanket training when turning everything into a "training opportunity."

So Anna doesn't use cloth diapers any more. So much for doing her part to save the earth *Snark*

So far this season, the only thing I am ok with is Anna and Smug taking cloths to the consignment shop. Makes a lot of sense to get rid of outgrown cloths in favor of things that fit and are more current. I'm hoping her inlaws don't hang onto things for 30 years, expecting the younguns to wear them, no matter how outdated they are.

The Bates' are way more fun to watch - here's hoping they have the strength to just say no if things get to be too much, a la the Hayes family, rather than be brought down, like the Duggars, or even worse, the families of multiples. So far, the Bates' are keeping it fresh, not moronic Gothard talking heads.

WorldlyBecca

WorldlyBecca

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

Speaking of safety, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been freaked out by the kids walking around the bus while it's hurtling down the interstate. That gives me chest pains, and I cannot even imagine doing such a thing! Since they've been responding to so many of the internet criticisms, I wonder if the lack of seatbelts will be addressed or not.

I can't drum up any enthusiasm for the Bates. They may seem a little more real and a little less robotic, but we know that they have all the same beliefs as the Duggars. And, since this is the place for snark, I really hate their accents! LOL. I was so surprised when they had friends from out of town and the friends sounded northern. Definitely the minority when it comes to Gothardites, as we know they're heavily concentrated in the south.

Speaking of the south, I am absolutely horrified by the Confederacy stuff. It's just the height of ignorance to try to diminish slavery in the way they do. It's all too similar to Holocaust deniers. It's ignorance to a level that just nauseates me.

Eeyore63

Eeyore63

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

I would be totally pissed if I left my dogs with the Duggars and found out they were treated that way. I wouldn't even leave my inherited goldfish with the Duggars, and I don't even like those fish. But, not only mad at the Duggars this time, but the whole TLC crew too. They sat and watched as the monsters dropped slice after slice after slice of cheese on the floor, and plates of leftover food and whatever the hell else those dogs ate.

PennyE, I totally agree with you on this! I was screaming at those kids through the tv, and when they wouldn't listen, I was screaming at the crew! "Won't somebody please take that cheese away from those kids? Those tiny little dogs can't be eating entire slices of processed cheese! Arrrrgh! And now they're eating five paper plates full of leftover eggs?!?!" I was getting stabby.

I do live for the Jackson/Hannie talking heads, though. Did anyone else catch that their cat has a name - Milky Way? Jackson thinks they'll do a good job taking care of the dogs because "We already have a cat we take care of." Johanna: "Noooooo....we have a cat that we DON'T take care of." Keep it real, Hannie, keep it real.

My other screaming at the tv moment was toward Jill and that dress: "Nike! Nike!" I do declare she was defrauding me with her general shapeliness and those low heels accentuating her entire bare calves! It was actually kinda freaky to see her looking like "regular people."

Too bad none of the JB-certifiable Christian suitors can watch tv, because Jill was looking pretty fine. And if Jill doesn't get any takers, can JimBob interest any of the ladies in a bit of manly manliness by the name of John David? He's so ambitious and hard-working and he totally rocks that trucker cap! Prepare to submit to his authority!

Does Smuggar think that his facial hair makes him look slimmer? Because I was still getting Jabba the Hut vibes from him. And how in the world did that crap that Anna bought cost $119? Is she buying used and stashing the difference for another Coach bag?

JimBob's haircut during the first episode was pretty horrid. I guess Michelle gave it to him before she'd decided to somehow get on with her life in spite of Jubilee's absence. Speaking of that big boob, I just tonight noticed in the very opening credits, where the whole family is in the frame with the 19 Kids and Counting banner, they all wave, JimBob seriously looks more dim than usual.

Edited by Eeyore63, Sep 12, 2012 @ 1:18 AM.

Pauline Fowler

Pauline Fowler

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 1:22 AM

Two things I forgot earlier:

1. Anna cops to using disposable diapers. So much for being leaving a small carbon footprint. Have fun driving your disposable diapered kids around in that Hummer.

2. Toddlers with gag reflects that make them puke when over-excited is not "well," Mullet. And the milestone was "no more shots?" Usually, milestones are marked by physical or cognitive gains. Of course, we got an FU Internetz! moment when Josie muttered a couple of words (forgot what they were), but it was something that could be easily coached, sort of like her Obama fist bump with the doctor. THAT was the high point of both of these brain cell-leeching episodes.

eta: A third thing I forgot: The episode description said we'd see a Duggar caravan transferring Smuggars junkers from the Taco lot to the new location (that JD, Joseph and the older Howlers painted while Smuggar snapped away and posted the proceedings on Instagram)? I think it was supposed to be in the house episode. I wonder if they extended that scene with Boob's explanation of the wood molding, etc. rather than show Smuggar not working.

Edited by Pauline Fowler, Sep 12, 2012 @ 1:26 AM.

Lilybee

Lilybee

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 2:53 AM

JD said that when he cleared that lot for the bank, the bank would trade him a lot with a house and some out buildings.
Could it be that he is getting ready to court. With Pa Maxwell bringing only the girls to Jinger's graduation, could Anna Maxwell be a potential bride for JD.

Snackle

Snackle

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 3:04 AM

Friends of mine who are sane and pretty much the antithesis of Duggars use consignment shops, so I'll accept that it's normal and acceptable. They'd buy the shoes, too. Especially in some place like Arkansas, those boots were probably only worn a couple times.

I like that Anna had a food mill and was willing to make veggies for her kid. Sure beats the tater tot casserole and fake cheese slices. That was a rare moment that seemed genuine.

I couldn't get over the kids cleaning up that house. All that open fiberglass insulation! There was no way they were safe in that (field trip!) endeavor.

I wonder if J'chelle was so completely ineffective in her "kids, don't feed the dogs people food" request was because she was being filmed and couldn't use the corporal punishments touted by the Pearls.

I'd be drunk if I was playing a drinking game everytime I heard "train."

Cheesecake4me

Cheesecake4me

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

I'm not a big animal lover. Don't have pets and don't plan on it.
Even I cringed at feeding the dogs cheese!!!!!! Those poor dogs! Not just one small piece but like slices and slices of cheese. And then some egg mess too???? It was horrible. Can't a dog get like seriously sick from human foods? That was so irresponsible.

I was really surprised that Michelle could not get the kids to stop with the cheese. I have five kids so I'm not a newbie when it comes to children. If I said STOP FEEDING THE DOGS THE CHEESE, THEY ARE GONNA GET SICK AND PUKE AND YOU WILL BE CLEANING IT UP, NOT ME! I can pretty much bet you they would stop with the cheese. Michelle just used her baby voice and blah blah and then she cleaned up the vomit? The whole scene was awful. The kids looked so dense like they were ignoring Michelle and Michelle looked ineffective. It was just so bad!

Uh, we didn't want to see Josie puke. That was gross.

Jill looked so beautiful in that dress! Loved it!

A widow's banquet? Are you serious? WTF is that? It was kinda creepy...I can see a support group. let's hope this was a support group or something and this was their special fun evening. Even that is weird.

Maybe Grandma Duggar does like doing the laundry? my MIL would totally love something like that. She likes to be busy and help people. I'm gonna lay off the laundry duty because I suspect she likes having something to do and I'm sure she is not doing laundry 24/7. It's work but some people really do like stuff like that. My mom never watched TV and was always looking to actually "do" something.

I did not know the Duggars talk badly about Grandpa Duggar. Any further info on that?

Michael on the table in that Bumbo seat made me cover my eyes. My daughter and Michael are the same age so I am very clear on how squirmy that age is. DANGEROUS! Oh my God he could've tipped or wiggled or who knows what! Anna seems more together emotionally than the Duggars but that was insane!

I'm glad Anna likes staying at home. If she is truly happy, then I'm happy for her. I also liked how Josh said "disposibles are easier with the two kids". Upthread we were talking about how Josh might actually realize what a circus his childhood was with 18 siblings and in that moment, I saw him trying to spare Anna too much stress and work.

Please, producers of the show, please, no more dental shows. It's gross looking at the kids screaming and crying and all their teeth and stuff. It's just unpleasant. This is #3 of dentist shows. That's too many.

Jana814

Jana814

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 8:23 AM

I have to agree that Anna probably likes staying home, I also hope that good ole Joshie boy now sees how hard it is w/ just 2 kids and their needs, and will not have more for a while.

BuggieGirl

BuggieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

"Widow's Banquet" ? Seriously ? Poor 70+ Grandma Duggar loses her husband, silently endures endless shit-talking about him on camera, does 70-80 loads of laundry a WEEK (!) at her age, and then, after FOUR years, gets "treated" to what amounted to basically a Grief-A-Torium ?

No, no, the best part was the way she explained what a Widow's Banquet was. "It's a banquet, for widows..." gee, thanks, I never would have guessed. I think I'd rather move into an assisted living facility than do 70-80 loads of laundry a week.

Toddlers with gag reflects that make them puke when over-excited is not "well," Mullet. And the milestone was "no more shots?" Usually, milestones are marked by physical or cognitive gains.

My preemies are much younger than Josie but one has a real bad gag reflex (not puking with crying, but sometimes things barely touch his lips and he starts to gag). It would never occur to me to call him unwell because of that! I would say Michelle is coming from a POV that there are a million and one things that could be wrong with Josie given her prematurity, that are incredibly severe, a gag reflex is so minor it barely counts. She's not blind, she's not deaf, she seemingly doesn't have CP, she can talk, eat and walk. I know a lot of preemies who have big problems with all of those things.

And I will DEFINITELY be celebrating when my boys get their last RSV shot. RSV is one of those terrifying things for preemie parents. Lots of them get rehospitalized because of RSV (speaking of, was that why Josie was hospitalized when they were in Israel or wherever?). Preemie milestones are obviously all the cognitive and physical ones, but they are also the ones where you leave behind the "preemie stuff" like post-NICU monitoring, RSV shots, flu-season preemie isolation.

Edited by BuggieGirl, Sep 12, 2012 @ 9:17 AM.

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 9:22 AM

I like that Anna had a food mill and was willing to make veggies for her kid. Sure beats the tater tot casserole and fake cheese slices. That was a rare moment that seemed genuine.

And Michael seemed to perfer the fresh (well sort of, but I heard that canned and frozen veggiess have just as much nutrition) green beans to the baby food, thats good, at least Anna's kids like veggies.

PennyE

PennyE

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 9:25 AM

Another thing I noticed was that Michelle truly does not seem to like Mac. When she was trying to make Mac apologize to Josie, she had her arm around Josie while Mac sat in a chair (and, thankfully, did not really pay attention to the wild-haired woman she is supposed to call "Grandma"). Mac is what, 3? She needs an arm around her too, and not being given the glare that Michelle was giving to her while trying to wrangle an apology out of her. Of course I go along with teaching (not training, Michelle, TEACHING) children to treat each other well, but something about that scene just seemed off. I did not see love in Michelle's eyes for her granddaughter.

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

I was really surprised that Michelle could not get the kids to stop with the cheese. I have five kids so I'm not a newbie when it comes to children. If I said STOP FEEDING THE DOGS THE CHEESE, THEY ARE GONNA GET SICK AND PUKE AND YOU WILL BE CLEANING IT UP, NOT ME! I can pretty much bet you they would stop with the cheese. Michelle just used her baby voice and blah blah and then she cleaned up the vomit? The whole scene was awful. The kids looked so dense like they were ignoring Michelle and Michelle looked ineffective. It was just so bad!

SHE WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE INCHES AWAY! And said nothing, just a lame attempt, she couldn't bend down and take the cheese out of their hands? She must like to clean up puke, the dumbass. Maybe she is becoming scared of the lost boys. "We don't have pets, and your about to find out why"??? Calculated feeding the dogs crap?

White trashiest episods yet.

suburbfabulous

suburbfabulous

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 9:39 AM

If I were Anna, there's no way I'd let my children be babysat by Michelle. No way I'd let Mckenzie and Michael loose in that battlefield of a Duggar house.

Edited by suburbfabulous, Sep 12, 2012 @ 9:41 AM.

auntie thesis

auntie thesis

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

The highlights of last nights episode:
- Mac. What a cute kid. I'm surprised she didn't tell grandma Michelle to eff off. Grade A stankface in that couch shot.

The lowlights:
- Jackson feeding the dogs entire slices of cheese and an entire plate of eggs, then egging everyone else on to do it too. Which of course, they did, because by golly, Jackson is a real leader! *snark*

- Jackson licking that greasy, crusty spatula. Blech.

- The poor dogs eating cheese and eggs and then barfing. I have 2 dogs and seeing those poor pups getting sick everywhere as the result of those ignoramuses overfeeding them colored oil slices aka cheese was very upsetting to me. If that had been me, I would have made that asshole Jackson clean up each and every pile of vomit himself. Then he'd be spraying the carpet and scrubbing the residue out. After that, he'd be going upstairs for a very lengthy timeout. There is no excuse for an 8 year old to be that disobedient and just plain dumb. NONE.

- That bumbo seat on the table. Ugh. Get a high chair or a booster seat, please.

- $119 at the consignment shop WITH trade in credit? Please honey. You ain't buying used and saving the difference AT ALL. The real secret to saving money in those types of places to wait until you have a fuckton of nice, barely worn clothing that your kids have outgrown, trade it in during an extra credit promotion, hold onto to your trade credits until an awesome sale comes along (back to school, end of season, holidays, or member savings club days if the shop has them) and stock up then, maxing out your credits and spending very little, if anything at all, for the next season's worth of clothes.

Anosmia

Anosmia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

Anna's stomach is round like a basketball. Not flabby like if you are fat, but round and firm. You can really see it in the shot, especially if you pause the video. I'd say she was definitely pregnant.

If she really had been pregnant and then miscarried, I give her kudos for not exploiting it on-air. We don't need another Jubilee Part 2: Electric Bugaloo.

The only way this show could be saved is if the older kids make a break for it and get a spin-off.

I would watch the hell out of that. I imagine it would be a bit like Breaking Amish/Amish in the City. I mean, these kids weren't raised in a cave, and it's not like they've never traveled or ridden in a car before. But wearing what they want, maybe living in a city, watching TV, going to a bar/dance club, and going on a date...these experiences would be pretty close to an Amish person riding in a car and seeing a skyscraper for the first time. It would be fascinating to see all of these Duggar "firsts" and of course I'd tune in just to see the jubilation that comes from experiencing freedom and privacy for the first time. I'd be rooting for them like crazy.

ranchgirl

ranchgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

I agree with so much that has already been posted about the two shows last night, so won't repeat all the "what the ...." moments I had while watching. One thing I noticed that I don't think has been mentioned is:
When Anna was about to feed Michael the baby food in the jar and asked McKensie if she wanted some yogurt, it looked like McKenzie was in the living room dusting the lower shelves. Anyone else notice that? She is a cute little girl.

Also, anyone in here follow Josh's instagrams? A few months ago he posted pictures while in "church". Could that house they were shown cleaning out last night have been that "home" church? I just remember in the pics of that "church" there was some pretty woodwork in there.

PennyE

PennyE

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:35 AM

I don't think that was the church house. It sounded like they bought the property after it was trashed and it had been sitting empty for a few years. The church house was one story white, IIRC, and this one was two story blue.
I know a lot of hands make light work, but I don't think JB should force all the kids to go along and clean up. It sounds like John David likes that kind of work and maybe one or two other kids would if they were thinking of getting into that field, but the rest should not be forced. Boob could get out there and hire some young men or women who want to learn home restoration. And if he is going to make his girls work, at least let them wear pants! I cringed at all the bare legs with all that glass lying around, not to mention calf height piles of God-knows-what.
Work pants and heavy boots would be in order here, people!

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

- Mac. What a cute kid. I'm surprised she didn't tell grandma Michelle to eff off. Grade A stankface in that couch shot.

Mac looked mad not "like her conscious was bothering her".

Edited by xls, Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:40 AM.

makesnosense

makesnosense

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

Gave up on the second episode to take a look at "The New Normal" and I guess I missed some major league body fluids of the canine and human variety. I'll take a 9-year-old channeling Edie Beale over barf anytime.

Josh reminded me of a cartoon character who blows on their thumb to make their head inflate. Good lord, he's wearing all the fat there. If he was a Gerber baby, it might have been one thing, but at 25, it's not good.

Good to hear Josie say a few words...and fairly clearly.

suburbfabulous

suburbfabulous

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

I notice most of the Duggar girls had flats on when they were cleaning that filthy house. What a good way to get glass in your foot. The Duggars don't believe in protective footwear though. Anyway, there's no way I'd let my children clean out that filthy house. My kids' safety would be more important than saving a few bucks.

NoPity1066

NoPity1066

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:46 AM

First, did I imagine Michelle with like 500 DiGiorno frozen pizzas in her grocery cart ? So much for the healthy eating, Mullet. Stick to the snacks in the "pretty" kitchen, you nitwit.

Auntie Thesis - I wouldn't normally agree with calling a young kid an asshole, but in Jackson's case I think you're spot-on. Eight is WAY too old to be doing such stupid shit and basically not getting called on it at all. And Michelle was right there ! RIGHT THERE ! Watching !

How much of an absentee parent can she possibly be ? It's obvious to anyone with a brain stem that feeding overly excited puppies their own body weight in shitty floor cheese is going to have a predictable result. I don't think the were even taking the plastic wrap off, and yes, dogs will eat that, too.

Wasn't it Jackson that went all crazy/hacking/Manson-stabby on the trays of ill-conceived cookies that Joyless made last season ? Jeez, get that kid a 24-hour team of German psychoanalysts stat !

Agreed that Anna, while her heart and pocketbook are trying to be be in the right place, isn't doing the consignment shop thing the right way. [snip] Wonder if the Coach diaper bag came from that very same shop ?

Oh, and Anosmia - I, too, would watch the living hell out of a spin-off featuring the older kids off on their own. Send 'em to NYC, set 'em loose in the Village and just imagine - Kissing ! Dating ! Pants ! Real shoes ! No glued-on, fake-o smiles for the Today Show. Just a real, normal life.

Who am I kidding ? Never gonna happen. Pity.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Sep 12, 2012 @ 2:40 PM.
Off topic

3 is enough

3 is enough

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

Ah, Michelle. I cannot fathom how someone who has given birth to 19 kids can be so woefully ignorant about them.

Josie still vomiting at the drop of a hat at age 2 IS NOT OK. That's a glaring signal that something isn't right, you stupid cow.

I had 2 babies who were always spitting up. But, as the doctor explained to me, the sphincter at the top of the stomach is weak in young babies. By the time they are able to pull themselves up to a standing position (7-8 months), it is vastly improved, and by the time they are a year old, it should cease to be an issue altogether. This was the case for my kiddos.

Given Josie's premature birth I would expect it might take longer for her issues to clear up, and I have to wonder if the practice of shovelling food into her while she was flat on her back didn't help matters. But at this point, if it is still happening regularly, I would look into it. Maybe the "free floating" organs have someting to do with it?

That child is fragile, and should not be dropped into the pack of howlers and left to fend for herself. And poor little Mack does not understand that her aunt is not like other kids, and should not be blamed. Michelle is a horrible bitch of a grandma!

The consignment store segment left me puzzled. After bragging about having a big pile of clothes to sell, knowing the owner and all of the tricks of the trade, and endless shots of racks with signs that said "all items $1", she STILL managed to spend $119? How much stuff did she buy, anyhow? Yes, kids grow quickly, and buying at consignment stores is a good idea, but at the same time they don't need so much stuff. Come to think of it, with all the photos Josh posts on Instagram, I don't think I've ever seen those kids wearing the same thing twice. Buying more than you need is not justified by paying bargain prices. I think both Josh and Anna have issues with spending limits.

The Coach bag was a "just because" gift from Josh, bought in Florida while on the campaign trail with Santorum. He had to brag about it on Instagram. I think it isn't a diaper bag, just a large purse.

Edited by 3 is enough, Sep 12, 2012 @ 11:32 AM.

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

First, did I imagine Michelle with like 500 DiGiorno frozen pizzas in her grocery cart ? So much for the healthy eating, Mullet. Stick to the snacks in the "pretty" kitchen, you nitwit.

I don't think they sell those at Aldi. I would think that, as when my granny high school age in the 1930s and most women became homemakers, there would be a huge push with their homeschooling on home economics, nutrition, food preservation, food safety, etc. - not throw a bunch of salty boxed carbs on a plate with a stem of frozen broccoli and one raw carrot. Where's the protein?

Jill in the dress and low heels - that was actually a cute dress - that had to either be some damage control or advertising for a man - good for her, if she sees how 'towing the line' might leave her a SAHD, so something is being done to change it. She did seem more comfortable with the widows than with her own sisters. Maybe she's an 'old soul' who really will be content as a SAHD - my hubby says if their beliefs had nuns, Jill would be the one who wants to go to the convent.

NoPity1066

NoPity1066

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:20 PM

Strawberry Tarte - I would SWEAR that they were DiGiorno. Maybe they we're Aldi's FauxGiornos ? Either way, I agree - WTF with the salty, fatty, frozen, carb-heavy crap and ONE little, lonely carrot ?
[snip]
3 Is Enough - Again with the chest pains for me while watching yet another Howler (or whomever) feeding a baby on her BACK. Jeezy - that's an absolute guarantee for acid reflux, vomiting, and even aspirating food. Bad mojo.

Michelle - do YOU eat while lying prone on your back ? No ? Why would you feed a baby that way, then ?

Yes, after 19 kids (and I delivered ALL of them !) she's so "woefully ignorant" (your phrase, thank you) it makes my teeth hurt.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Sep 12, 2012 @ 2:41 PM.
Off topic

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

I just rewatched the show where Jordyn gets her head stuck in the stairs raill. Michelle walked down the steps right past her, at least she stepped over her.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Sep 12, 2012 @ 2:42 PM.
Fixed formatting

Cheesecake4me

Cheesecake4me

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

I have to say, i think the recent new episodes really show how Michelle is not doing well at all. Michelle was always garden variety odd but recently she really seems to be way way off. When she couldn't get the kids to stop giving the dogs cheese, I really think Michelle is on breakdown level. It's not that hard to get kids to stop feeding dogs cheese. It is hard if you are having an emotional breakdown.

I don't see anything wrong with the Coach bag. A husband got his wife something special. Wouldn't that be a good thing? Josh is a doofus but at least he bought her something nice. Better than some of the other behavior that has been filmed...like Anna loading up suitcases or being constantly late for her OB appointments and stressing her or sleeping through her labor. This time he did something nice just for her. Maybe he's appreciating her more lately.

Edited by Cheesecake4me, Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:54 PM.

KissmyMutt

KissmyMutt

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 1:14 PM

All that was going through my mind during the site clean-up was hoping their Tetanus boosters were up to date.

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the Coach bag. A husband got his wife something special. Wouldn't that be a good thing? Josh is a doofus but at least he bought her something nice. Better than some of the other behavior that has been filmed...like Anna loading up suitcases or being constantly late for her OB appointments and stressing her or sleeping through her labor. This time he did something nice just for her. Maybe he's appreciating her more lately.

Me eather, all those girls/women should have something new once in a while. I'm sure Josh spends more eating out. Jill's dress was very pretty on her.

Boy, that Jeremiah is a rosy-cheeked Norman Rockwell kid.

3 Is Enough - Again with the chest pains for me while watching yet another Howler (or whomever) feeding a baby on her BACK. Jeezy - that's an absolute guarantee for acid reflux, vomiting, and even aspirating food. Bad mojo.

I believe that was MOTY. Didn't even give the baby a chance to chew and swallow the gruel (looked like big brother slop) before shoving another spoonful in.