19 Kids and Counting (And Other Duggar Family Programs)

• Please log in to reply

62338 replies to this topic

Jana814

Jana814

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 8:00 AM

I have to say this that I agree with the others that David Waller gave off the gay vibe. Considering he has NO experience w/ women or any outside influences I guess he has to get married.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

The worst part of the 99.99% of religious fundies forced into the closet and required to marry someone of the opposite sex (if that's what we just witnessed, and I think it is) is that while living a lie they are bringing misery to the straight person they married too. Young people desperately lonely, usually cheating with a same sex partner then the inevitable heartache and/or STD's.

You can picture the bubble over David's head,"Homosexuality is just like evolution. If I don't believe it it won't be true."

LLC

LLC

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 8:37 AM

David- PING! PING! PING! Instead of getting married, he should have put his athleticism to good use by moving to NYC and becoming a Lady Gaga backup dancer.

My God. Truer words have never been spoken. Seriously....no one in the entire family or congregation gaydar was on red alert? Give me a fucking break. I have 3 sons. If one of them were like David, I would be getting his ass to Broadway dance classes with a side of "Theatrical Makeup for Professionals" seminars. He'd be fab in "Jesus Christ Superstar".

HandsFullMama

HandsFullMama

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

David was pinging for me too, but I sincerely wish them luck with this thing they've got going on. They both seem like nice people, and not smarmy like Smuggar and Anna.

What was Josh thinking with that tennis match? He's been eating cheeseburgers and Chick Fil A for years, and he looked ridiculous.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:07 AM

I know they've never kissed before but man, I had to turn away from how he was basically inhaling her face.

I immediately thought of the virgin couple on that other TLC monstrosity,Virgin Diaries, who kissed for the first time at their wedding and had all their guests hiding their eyes or outright laughing at them. Priscilla and Davidwaller were almost as bad. Oh, Duggar Girls. PLEASE don't let this be you. You should at least kick the tires a little before buying the car.

Oh, and if Davidwaller has any lingering gay thoughts, he can always talk to his father-in-law on how to suppress them for years and actually procreate with a...gulp...woman. Ping, ping, ping!!!

NoPity1066

NoPity1066

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:22 AM

Tennis, David Waller ? Seriously ?

Should have been PING-pong, sweetheart. I was waiting, breathlessly, for some Jazz-Hands action there. Where's Liza Minelli when you need her ?

I've never seen so much side-eye in my LIFE, and I'm an, ahem, older woman. From boredom to near hostility from nearly every kid. Especially Joy-lessAnna. Maybe she's not drinking the Kool-Aid, but she certainly looked like she'd had half a gallon of sour milk. Good for you ! Your mouth may lie, but your eyes surely don't. And the sullen, puffy, make-up smeared look made her look like she'd been crying, no ?

And WTF with Random J-Boy, maybe 6 or 7, chasing Josie with the nasal aspirator ? I was waiting for him, after dragging it all over that nasty, filthy floor, to jam it up her nostril until he reached her brain. Jesus, isn't she STILL an at-risk, TBD preemie/toddler ? Those are for use by adults who know what they're doing, Duggars, not some hyperactive kid who probably shoved it up his own nose before using it on an immunocompromised 2 year old. Sheesh.

Have to admit, the wedding decorations, while not my style, were head and shoulders above the bare bones/plastic flowers crap of Josh and Anna. Real blooms ! Table runners ! A professionally made cake ! Pro photographers !

But, again, AGAIN, why the relentless first-kiss face-sucking ? Mr. Fish Lips looked like he was going for tonsils there. Nice that the camera angle prevented a full view of the Shop Vac Groom going to town on that poor, hapless girl.

Also looks like the prankster Duuggar boys once more went to town on the getaway car with tape and plastic wrap - har-har-har, you scamps. You can see it over the trunk and rear bumper in the beginning of the shot, but then magically disappears. What, did they not think this was prank-y/funny enough to feature this time ? Or did Mr. Waller and Mr. Keller whup some ass over their Good Ole Boy hijinks ?

What a magical episode - I'll be snarking for a week.

ETA: Can someone please explain the one Waller sister-in-law rockin' the Pat Benatar/Duran Duran hair in all of her Jerseyliscious, non-fundie glory ? LOVED her.

Edited by NoPity1066, Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:29 AM.

alaspata

alaspata

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

DQ said that guys do not like to be involved with the wedding planning, but David sure seemed to be into it. Also, many fundie blogs are written by women, but David writes his and Priscilla's blog. Speaking of Pris, I don't think she is that masculine, but seemed like that compared to David. However, her speaking style makes Anna look very articulate.

NoPity, are you talking about Candace Keller with the black and pink hair? That's Anna's SIL, married to Daniel. She seems pretty cool.

Edited by alaspata, Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:37 AM.

mitzib

mitzib

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:41 AM

Wow, so much snark-worthy fodder from this episode! Did anyone notice during the little B&W video featuring JimBoob interviewing a potential 'suitor' the piece of paper said "Questions for Guy's?" SOTDRT at its finest I tell you! I was surprised to see Christmas decorations up in early Feb-wonder whose jurisdiction that is? So the real story is Mullet, Boob, Smuggar & Co. were on the campaign trail for Santorum and that's why poor Jana was left with all those howlers? I bet she is seething with resentment and fury despite keeping 'sweet.' One of these kids has got to make a run for it! My prediction will be Josiah and Joy Anna.

I had to look away from the TV when David almost wrapped his bottom lip around Priscilla's chin when they were in the car. They should have put a warning before those scenes! That whole wedding was just so cringe-worthy and embarrassing. I can't imagine these couples on their wedding night and what a disappointment the women (and David) must feel.

There was a scene when Mullet turned around and I saw what looked like a dead animal cascading down her back. How can she actually think that hot mess she calls hair looks good? Why can't TLC give her a makeover? One other thing is HD is not a friend to the girls-they have really bad acne. With a diet of processed and canned glop or fast-food on the road, I partially can't blame them.

khue

khue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

NO WAY did that boy go from hoover to "Hallelujah!" in the short span of a few hours from wedding vows to wedding night. I'm guessing they're still trying to figger out 3rd base. I thank my stars this sort of courting was not MY experience in life. Yes. The most awkward first kiss since that spectacle on Virgin Diaries. O my heck.

Can someone please explain the one Waller sister-in-law rockin' the Pat Benatar/Duran Duran hair in all of her Jerseyliscious, non-fundie glory ?

Absolute Love!

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

Damn it! I should have fast forwarded to the wedding. I could not get 3 minutes in with Ma and Pa telling us how things should be (but aren't!). I deleted. I will have to look for a rerun. Thanks guys!

shopgirl406

shopgirl406

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

The one hope I have from this is as the Duggars are watching this back they hear David saying "I married my best friend". Maybe they might realize that their older kids need to get out there - on their own - even if it is to a Christian school where they can meet other like-minded kids. They first need to develop friendships. I always want my kids, not to marry someone they can life with, but someone they can't live without.

Edited by shopgirl406, Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:04 AM.

NoPity1066

NoPity1066

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:08 AM

alaspata - Thank you ! I was too transfixed by her hair to see the last name. She must be the "wild" one, wearing pants, watching TV and staying up past midnight.

I had that hair once, but with blue/purple highlights. It was 1989. But it's good to see someone breaking out of the AquaNet/perm/scrunch Gothard mold. Wish they'd spent more time talking to HER and less interviewing Josh and Anna pontificating about how to make a marriage work. It's been less then four years and you only have two kids, you dolts ! Talk to me in ten years when Smugs has turned into Joshie the Hutt and Anna's uterus has fallen out.

LLC

LLC

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:11 AM

Should have been PING-pong, sweetheart. I was waiting, breathlessly, for some Jazz-Hands action there. Where's Liza Minelli when you need her ?

Yes! Jazz hands is what I was missing! Kid belongs in "Up with People" .

Have to admit, the wedding decorations, while not my style, were head and shoulders above the bare bones/plastic flowers crap of Josh and Anna. Real blooms ! Table runners ! A professionally made cake ! Pro photographers !

Don't forget the taped on Xmas lights for "flair".

DQ said that guys do not like to be involved with the wedding planning, but David sure seemed to be into it.

Lmao. So true. It was creeptatstic.

"I married my best friend." At least he was telling the truth. Bless his heart.

NJRach

NJRach

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

I knew the episode was going to be bad when Boob and Mullet just had to kiss in the first three minutes of the show. They were sitting around the table, talking about something stupid and pointless, as usual, and Mullet sappily smiled said "You're right honey," or something dopey, and they smooched. I loved the camera panning to Jana, who had a disgusted look on her face. If she's not awoken by the squeak of Boob and Mullet's bedsprings all night, she has to watch them slobber over each other at breakfast.

And as the posters upthread said, I cannot, cannot, cannot ever imagine the horror of David and Proscilla's wedding night. I know we're not supposed to turn this site into fan fiction, so I'll keep it brief. David probably had a book entitled "The Production of a Baby," and worked on it as he read the step-by-step instructions. I think there was more sensuality in my house as I assembled my last piece of Target furniture. Poor Priscilla will be secretly reading bodice ripper novels for the rest of her life, trying to figure out what was supposed to occur in her bedroom.

Priscilla was such a paradox also. At first glance, I thought she was pretty and looked a bit older and more composed than the the younger Duggar girls. Then she opened her mouth and you could see she was childlike. I expected her to show us her Barbie Doll collection.

When she and Anna talked of the Great Night about to occur, she giggled and got all goofy. It reminded me of when my seven year old spotted naked statues at the museum.

One more thing. The scene of David and Priscilla on the altar, where he was talking her through the steps of the wedding with a creepy, soft voice. Something in my head made the meter swing over to the "Predator!!!!" reading.

Edited by NJRach, Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:51 AM.

Baby Fish Mouth

Baby Fish Mouth

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

These people are insufferable! Between Anna and Smuggs' marriage “expertise” to Michelle’s canonization for (gasp!) holding her own granddaughter, it was all I could do to keep my dinner down.

Boy, after watching a few episodes of the Bates family, it’s really amazing how robotic and programmed the Duggar girls seem in contrast.

NoPity1066

NoPity1066

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

NJRach - Spot on ! The Anna/Priscilla banter made me think of when I was in church in grade school and one of the readings featured something like "And, in sorrow, Abraham cried and beat his breast..." and all of the little boys giggled and said "Heh, heh - boobies".

Have to say that I did like Priscilla's wedding dress - modest, but not the "false" modest of Michelle and her "Yes, I'm just THAT modest" in her swirly, bunched-up, turtle-neckesque monstrosity. WTF, though, with little Duggar flower girl with a black, long-sleeved, high-necked t-shirt (or whatever) under her pretty little dress ? Jordyn ? Jennifer ?

One little girl had a perfectly matching cardigan as a coverup - cute as a button, and blended in beautifully. Modesty, perhaps, or maybe the weather, but at least she didn't stick out like a sore thumb. The poor little mismatched girl looked like she was wearing Steve Job's shirt under her pretty dress. Ugh.

If someone at that church was going to be "defrauded" by the bare elbows and forearms of a FOUR year old girl, well, then shame on them.

BitterApple

BitterApple

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:41 AM

Priscilla was such a paradox also. At first glance, I thought she was pretty and looked a bit older and more composed than the the younger Duggar girls.

I did as well. She "looks" like she would be intelligent and well spoken, but holy hell, when she opened her mouth she reminded me of how I used to talk when I played with my My Little Pony collection as a six year old. I wonder if working at Gothard headquarters regresses your development because I thought both she and David were incredibly immature.

I loved, loved, loved the Keller boy's rockstar wife. What a way to give the ultimate FU to your parents. I was also surprised to see Suze at the wedding. Was this filmed before she fled the coop? Also I notice that Fundie families with older groups of daughters tend to have a bunch of really pretty ones and one who's kind of horsey. The Keller girls are really attractive with the exception of Esther, who is her father's twin. The Bates have Michaela and the Duggars have Jill (although she is looking much better nowadays). Kind of a weird phenomenon.

Edited by BitterApple, Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:42 AM.

KnittingMama

KnittingMama

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

I loved, loved, loved the Keller boy's rockstar wife. What a way to give the ultimate FU to your parents. I was also surprised to see Suze at the wedding. Was this filmed before she fled the coop?

I wondered the same thing.

Also I notice that Fundie families with older groups of daughters tend to have a bunch of really pretty ones and one who's kind of horsey. The Keller girls are really attractive with the exception of Esther, who is her father's twin. The Bates have Michaela and the Duggars have Jill (although she is looking much better nowadays). Kind of a weird phenomenon.

And, to be as shallow as I can be, all of the Waller kids were, uh, lacking in the looks department. Poor kids.

PennyE

PennyE

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:46 AM

Now I really, really wish I would have watched it! Sounds like it was a snark-worthy festival of horrors!

LLC

LLC

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

And as the posters upthread said, I cannot, cannot, cannot ever imagine the horror of David and Proscilla's wedding night.

It's all good. Josh & Anna have a link on their site to a book for beginners- "Intended for Pleasure", a how-to book on Christian sex.

I may kill myself now.

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

Joseph has had a perpetual stink eye since the series started. He comes off as being a hard-working, dutiful son (or so we're told), but I have to wonder why he always seems to be so angry to be on camera. Maybe he's the one to watch.

I noticed that too, fed up with the BS.

So that wass the Great and powerful Gothard perorming the cerimony? Yuk.

THE KISS was a real gross face-rape, gawd, the way he grabbed the back of her head! Liza minnelli and David Geffin all over again. At the door he said it was the first time he kissed a girl? He reminds me of a young Billy Graham.

Edited by xls, Aug 29, 2012 @ 11:01 AM.

auntie thesis

auntie thesis

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

I know it's been said before, but so much of the Gothardite mindset seems to be based on Amish principles. David and Priscilla's wedding and the all-around awkwardness of everything in last nights episode really drove that home for me.

Gothardites seem to be obsessed with purity, as if even looking at a member of the opposite sex is going to cause eternal damnation. While the Amish have their ways of doing things, they don't explicitly forbid their of-age children from talking to the opposite sex, spending time in mixed gender groups, going on dates, or having physical contact with the opposite sex. Most Amish that I've seen in documentaries or read about DO have problems with their of-age children dating English (non-Amish) kids BUT they do sometimes allow it, and don't forbid it if their child is not living under their roof.

Contrasting the Amish and ex-Amish I've seen on other shows with the older Duggar girls in their roundtable interview on last night's show, I've noticed huge differences. Young Amish women are allowed to work outside the home starting as young as age 13! Most are employed at a part time job outside the home by age 14-15 and full time by the time they are granted rumspringa at 16 (in the sects that allow rumspringa). Some of the Amish youth are entirely self-supporting by age 16 or 17, living on their own, working full-time and having social lives. This includes young women.

Now look at the Duggar girls. All buy Joy are old enough to be in rumspringa if they were Amish. They still live at home (many young Amish do as well, even those in rumspringa). They have no source of income outside the home, have never held any meaningful employment outside the home or family enterprises (reality tv income, maybe some donations or small cash amounts for speaking engagements and the like), do not have the option of continuing their education beyond a 10th grade level (Amish youth can and often do choose to pursue their GEDs and procure some vocational training or take classes to help them learn to do things such as use computers), and seem to have no real dreams, goals or desires to do anything other than please their parents and one day get married and have umpteen children.

There is no freedom for young people in Gothardism. NONE. They go straight from being kids at 11 or 12 to being adults at 13-14. They don't have any sort of education or even basic life skills that would enable them to improve their lives either. The Amish may not allow education after 8th grade, but the truth is that an Amish 8th grade education is the equivalent to a high school education in some places. They are literate, able to do basic math, and are able to do things like carpentry, cooking, and other tasks that actually have some value in the outside world.

The Duggars? NOPE. Sure, they can assemble some dump and stir slop and serve it up on some cheap foam plates. But can they bake their own bread, make cakes and pies from scratch, can their own sauces and jams? NO. They thought they were special snowflakes when they made that HE killing homemade detergent, for Christ's sake.

I just feel bad for those girls because they aren't really living life. The interviewer was candid and I was grateful that they weren't lobbing partyline softballs at the girls per usual. Those girls are in the 20s and late teens...so why are they still living at home, sharing a room with a 7 year old, a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and most likely a 2 year old? Why are they still hung up with pleasing Daddy, wearing their hair in certain ways because that's how Daddy likes it, deferring potential suitors to their Daddy instead of trying to figure out what they want or how to go about developing relationships apart from their narrow Gothardite world. Hell, they don't even try to develop relationships within the Gothardite world. I don't expect those girls or any of those kids to be super friendly and cool with people who are outside the fold...but they don't even get the chance to freely socialize and mingle with their similar aged peers or members of the opposite sex who are within their social circles and the Gothardite fold. That's effing sad.

These Gothardites (speaking of the Duggars and their similar minded ilk, not the whole of conservative Christianity) want to roll back the clock to simpler times. They want to preach about one right way for every thing. They live by antiquated principles that simply do not work in the modern world. And they want us to pat them on the back for doing so. Screw that. Jim Boob and Clown Car do not deserve the adulation that they and their offspring receive. Never have. They could have built and furnished the inside of Tinkertoy McMansion long before TLC rolled onto the scene if JB hadn't have sunk a quarter mil into his failed campaign bids. They pull the fleece over the fundie eyes and make mega-bucks by sharing their wisdom...which is nothing but asinine party rhetoric.

I suppose the main point I was trying to make before I dusted off ye olde soapbox was that if the Duggars and other Gothardite families insist on having huge families, then they need to have a plan for when their kids are done with SOTDRT at age 14-15. More than just joining the local fire dept (which I will never believe that the girls serve in any capacity other than perhaps switchboard operator or fire station slop maker) or doing elusively dubbed "prenatals" in their training to become midwives (aka supervise intense toilet labors). Something besides taking over and running their parents' home and raising the howlers and the little girls. And what exactly are they going to do with the boys? Some of them are going to have to venture off of the compound and away from Daddy's watchful eye if they're going to do anything with their lives. Some of them are going to have to seek higher education or specialized training if they're going to provide for their future families. Some of them might have to *gasp* join the military. Or maybe they might want to join the military. What then? Oh yeah, that will never happen because they can't be expected to submit to another cult. Nevermind the fact that these dullards are total hawks and idolize the image of the fighting patriot...but rarely send their children to serve.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

Yeah Boob like to tell us how blessed they are because God has chosen to open Michelle's womb so many times. By that reasoning, the people of India and China as well as USA teenagers and drug addicts might be the most blessed people on earth...or, maybe any fertile person who has unprotected sex may very well conceive. Hmmm...nah I like the God as garage door opener. Proves he loves unmarried teens and street walkers. Go on, God! Fill too those Third World quivers!

simpleHope

simpleHope

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

Now I really, really wish I would have watched it! Sounds like it was a snark-worthy festival of horrors!

Me too PennyE, though I hate to help these people with the ratings.

I saw the clip from Radaronline of poor Jinger wanting to marry someone who will move her to a big city and Jill squishing those thoughts. I hope God gives her the desire of her heart. Hate to say it, but mama and daddy will not miss you if you move away. They barely have time for you now. I hope her mother-in-law loves her like crazy and spends oodles of time with her.

mitzib

mitzib

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 12:12 PM

So what exactly does David do for a living? Do they both still for Gothard's camp? I tried skimming through that mind-numbing blog and got nowhere! These Gothard families are truly frightening on so many levels...

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

The Amish may not allow education after 8th grade, but the truth is that an Amish 8th grade education is the equivalent to a high school education in some places. They are literate, able to do basic math, and are able to do things like carpentry, cooking, and other tasks that actually have some value in the outside world.

And they can make awesome food that sells, cheese, noodles...People here love taking trips to Amish country just to buy the food and eat at their resturants.

Getting back to the wedding, that stuffing the car with ballons was just stupid and annoying! I would have been pissed they should have decorated it with condoms like in Steele Magnolias-that would have been funny.

auntie thesis

auntie thesis

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

I agree, simpleHope. Jinger should get to marry someone who lives in or near to the city if that is what she desires. I hope she marries an only child or the oldest son of a family. Then she will get some doting attention from his parents and maybe can one day leave the family compound for good. :D

tvmakesmesew

tvmakesmesew

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

I really wanted to slap Jill upside the head when she made that comment to Jinger about 'the Lord teaching a lesson in that area' if she doesn't get what she wants. Jill is such a narc. Jinger, don't bother working on your 'contentment', there's a whole world of options and opportunities out there, and they won't send you straight to hell.

There are no 'spunky visionary' men in Gothardism. Gothard boys get the spunk beaten out of them from a young age (or they don't and that's why they're so repressed). Jessa will never be able to call the shots with her husband- and most hardcore Gothardites wouldn't be able to handle her outspoken personality. Hopefully these girls see enough awkward marriages/failed courtships in their circle to realize this arranged marriage thing is BS.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

THE KISS was a real gross face-rape, gawd, the way he grabbed the back of her head!

To quote Sophia from The Golden Girls, "I haven't seen that kind of face eating since 'Silence Of The Lambs.'" Ugh. That was just painful to watch, and so was the face eating in the car when they were leaving the church. I did like her wedding dress. It's nice to see one with sleeves on it. I'm so sick of the ugly sleeveless dresses.

And I finally made myself watch the end of the Jubilee episode. Why in the hell did they put her little box inside that ammo box?? That made no damn sense at all.

fostersmom

fostersmom

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 1:30 PM

I pretty much missed all of last season, but I did see the new episode last night. In addition to what everyone else has already said, David totally pinged when they were in the kitchen with the Hershey Kisses. He did a hand flutter that sealed the deal for me. Priscilla is giant 6 year old. Whoever said they were expecting her to bust out her Barbie collection hit it spot on. I will say marrying the expected partner, despite sexual attraction, is far from a fundy issue. I went to a large state college (no religious affiliation) with two people who make this marriage look downright legit. The girl was actually going to be a nun, like signed up and everything, and a WEEK before college started, she changed her mind on the nunnery and came to school. Her mother would come to visit and would sit in the lobby reading her Bible. The guy was show tunes singing, jazz hand having, gayer than gay. And yep, they married. Last I heard, they have a couple of kids. She's good with the more companionship aspect of their relationship and his family is devoutly Catholic and he won't ever come out because of it. As for the fundies, the generation that is now marrying, they have been told for so long about the evils of sex and desire, it's no wonder so many of them seem to be marrying when one or both are in the closet. All these kids, they have parents who saw normal male/female interaction and married of their own free will and desires. Jim Bob and Michelle, both have non fundie parents, Gil and Kelly, at least one set of normal parent, the Kellers weren't fundie from the get go, none of them did the courting thing. I don't know about the Wallers, but I'd guess their story is much close to Jim Bob and Michelle's than it is to David and Priscilla's.

I noticed the kids seemed MUCH more behaved when they were home alone with Jana. I'm sure there's much more structure when they aren't busy catering to Michelle's whims or Jim Bob's needs to be a child. I wouldn't have let them walk on the dinning table, but the sock pile and sock muscles were cute. I also couldn't help but notice David Waller had the same demeanor and mannerisms as Jim Bob, he seemed more like Jim Bob than any of the Duggar boys, Josh included.