19 Kids and Counting (And Other Duggar Family Programs)

• Please log in to reply

62371 replies to this topic

Gingi1976

Gingi1976

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 4:58 PM

This could be the one that takes Michelle out for good.

True. But in their world, that would be G-d's Will. So be it.

Bloody2shoes

Bloody2shoes

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:04 PM

If she actually dies this time...can they charge JimBob with dickicide?

ha ha ha!!! I just spewed white wine out of my nose. It hurt, but was worth it!

I'd love to see those poor four older kids who have been raising children for most of their childhoods get together, get out, and leave their parents to actually...parent.

If the J slaves are reading our posts, here is my message to them: contact TLC, they would totally make a show about your lives if you left the compound and went to live independently somewhere else. I would watch this show. Life would be hard, and strange for a while, but then you would adjust and be HAPPY.

naneki78

naneki78

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:07 PM

Sometimes these people tend to ignore G-d's will, out of ignorance, greed, pride. I would have thought that Josie's difficulties would have been a wake up call that it's time to shut the baby factory down...but not JimBob and his magic baby making stick...as I said: ignorance, greed, pride.

Poor lil' J-20 and poor J'slaves.

burbankbaby

burbankbaby

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:09 PM

If she actually dies this time...can they charge JimBob with dickicide?

I almost spit my lemonade at my laptop when I read that! lol This pregnancy can't be a good thing. I have a feeling that JMullet and J20 might die as a result. She is selfish. What are they going to do if she and the baby die and 19 kids are without her. Not like she is their real mom!

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:14 PM

I skipped the Today Show figuring it wouldn't be a big deal - pimping the world tour or MAYBE Smuglet #3.

Dear Lord in Heaven. I'm beyond disgusted at this point. Nothing in the world will ever convince me that this isn't about numbers, both having the biggest family in the QF circle (Michelle looks like she's thisclose to going all Linda Blair in The Exorcist whenever Kelly Bates or Anna are knocked up and she isn't) and keeping the ratings up.

I hope this difficulties with Josie were a one-off and this pregnancy will go smoothly for her. I also hope her uterus just slides right out during the delivery. That'll be the only way this madness stops, clearly.

I'm thinking back to an episode when Josie was home and apparently doing well, Michelle said she was sad to think her 'mommy years were behind her'. This woman actually thinks being a mommy means giving birth constantly.

I really want to know when exactly Michelle's total disconnect from reality happened. At what point did she stop attempting to be a real mother? After the first breakdown? After people started "helping" by doing all the housework for her and she realized, hey, I can do this with the kids, too? As soon as the oldest kids were able to take over? When TLC stepped in and it was clearly God telling 'em that they needed to pop out as many as possible? These are the questions I wish we could ask and have answered, but I guess we'll only ever know if Jessa and Jinger collaborate on a tell-all book someday.

Maybe one of the older girls isn't so pure and got knocked up, and this is the only way that they can save face. So they pretend that the premenopausal Mom had the baby. The good news is that the girl gets to raise her own baby, though as a 'sibling'.

Ha! Sweet merciful crap, that's hilarious. Maybe that's why Jana's been so invisible lately.

concernednana

concernednana

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:15 PM

I would watch a show with the 4 oldest girls moving out. I would love to see Grandma get an apartment in the same building. Maybe Michelle could finally be a real momma. After 19 she should know how but she has not been a mom since Josh.

I hope Anna is not so manipulated that she continues to have kids and wants the older girls to raise the others. She probably thinks that is why Mack was born first.

BacisMom

BacisMom

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:16 PM

[snip] I was HOPING for #20. If I am going to watch Michelle, then let me watch a happily pregnant Michelle. She just looks and acts more normal and HAPPY when she's pregnant.

JMO, but I don't think this pregnancy has anything to do with the Bates. Both families have super fertile wives and both families believe in having all the children they can have. Those similarities have existed since before the show started..

I'm somewhat cautious about Michelle's health and the baby's chances of going almost to full term.. but USUALLY PIH can be found early and controlled with meds, rest, etc.before it progresses to pre-eclampsia.

Of course, [snip] Michelle was in the hospital with what they were calling some sort of gallbladder dysfunction during her pregnancy with Josie. This has always been said to have been a contributing factor to the pre-eclampsia, although it's a first for me to hear of in OB.

Yep, I'm GLAD it's a baby and not a bunch of silly teenagers having hand sex or SmuggarAnna already pregnant again. That girl looks worn out!!! Hope they wait at least 6 months before a Blessing announcement.. but at the end of the People video segment Josh was acting like Anna was already pregnant again. ( He's so grossly immature I don't put much stock in his antics-- kind of like his dear old dad).

I want them to have a healthy baby girl ( because the Duggar girls are ALWAYS cuter than the J'Boob clone boys, and also because female fetuses mature faster than male fetuses). I want them to get a few highly trained antepartum RNs with monitoring equipment in the house to do frequent office- type antepartal checks on Michelle ( minus the pelvic exams of course).. Apparently, Michelle lacks the gene for ANY medical common sense and recognition of early warning signs of possible problems. Just astounds me. It's really the prudent thing.. I bet there are many area nurses who would volunteer to do BP, proteinuria and toco checks every 6-12 hours daily for free. This baby deserves extra special care before he or she is born due to a maternal complication which could be prevented or limited.

Good luck, little Duggar !

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 11, 2011 @ 3:00 AM.
Boards on boards

fangums

fangums

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:17 PM

What are they going to do if she and the baby die and 19 kids are without her. Not like she is their real mom!

I don't know as they'd notice if she died in childbirth.

XmasRibbonCandy

XmasRibbonCandy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:19 PM

Why would it be any different if Clown Car kicked the bucket because all of the kids will still have their mommy's around.

Oldernotwiser

Oldernotwiser

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:26 PM

If I am going to watch Michelle, then let me watch a happily pregnant Michelle. She just looks and acts more normal and HAPPY when she's pregnant.

Hell, I look happier when I've had a couple of glasses of wine, but that doesn't mean I should spend my entire life drunk. And in this case, an innocent life is involved...who knows what health and developmental problems this child will have. At some point, Michelle's "happiness" has to start coming from something other than being pregnant. It's really a form of addiction.

Edited by Oldernotwiser, Nov 8, 2011 @ 6:57 PM.

Jana814

Jana814

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:27 PM

What I honestly do NOT get is when the older girls were younger and they were told they had to help w/ the younger kids why did they just REFUSE to. I wonder if they had done that would Jim-Bob and Michelle have stopped after only 5 or 6. And since the girls did not refuse they probably figure, this is GREAT we will just keep having kids and make the older ones do ALL the work and we will take all the GLORY!

CarolMK

CarolMK

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:29 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if this next one is a boy? That shatters the Duggar dream of having 10 boys and 10 girls. Although I kind of hope for another girl simply because the youngest boy, Jackson, will be 8 when this one is born. By the way, have we even seen the girl's room lately? Did the younger girls ever get beds or are Jennifer, Jordyn, and now Josie still sleeping in pack in plays?
From what I remember, Hannie and JoyAnna are sharing Jill's old bed. Who is sharing Jana's bed?

essinad

essinad

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:29 PM

I think the older girls need to leave as posted above. They could get jobs and rent an apartment. They could visit sometimes but not take kids to their homes or babysit. Josh, the golden child, could do that for them. The next group growing up are not as brainwashed as the older girls. They might rebel a little. Someone in that family has to have some courage.

Jana, Jill, Jessa -- If they didn't split the minute they turned 18, they probably aren't leaving. They're brainwashed -- or institutionalized like the old dude in Shawshank Redemption who was released after 50 years in prison and then killed himself because he didn't know how to survive on the outside. They don't know any other way to live and probably don't have the life skills to work for anyone besides family. That last part goes for the boys, too.

JimBob, with the "edukashun" you allow your family to have, NONE of your kids will grow up to be a scientist that cures cancer. And if any of your kids grows up to be president, that will be a sign that we are living in a dystopian Handmaid's Tale dictatorship.

Seriously. I hope Tontitown can support 12 more used car salesmen/mechanics/construction workers, because that's about all the J'boys can strive for. And we know where the girls are headed... It's a shame. Some of them could be doctors/scientists if they were allowed to learn from real teachers and non-J'approved sources.

If the baby was conceived in July, it is entirely possible that he/she was conceived during the visit to the Bates family. Wouldn't that be ironic?

That would be gross.

One of the boys, Jer or Jed, has curly hair!

Has he been dippin' in the home perm?

She'd rather be a dead mother-martyr than live to hit menopause where she knows there won't be anymore and have to sit back and watch Anna and whoever have baby after baby until she's relegated to a footnote.

I'm convinced of this. Her whole identity is producing babies. She has been pregnant for a significant part of her life. So much of her self worth/identity is tied up in that. What will she have to live for?

Because of who they are and what they do I'm voting that the name for #20 should be Jardashian.

+1. A family of clones that makes a living by simply existing (with cameras), names their numerous kids with ridiculous names starting with the same letter, goes on national talk shows to announce everyday life occurrences. Who did I just describe?

Edited by essinad, Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:44 PM.

RachieLnnn81

RachieLnnn81

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:31 PM

The news was ruined when one of my friends announced J'20 on facebook (she had already seen the Today show). Luckily I was able to re-wind my TV and watch the segment.

I am actually REALLY surprised by this... my thoughts were based on Michelle's recent comments about her baby-making days being over, the huge trip overseas, and her recent (as of July) water skiing activities. I really thought that she was NOT able to become pregnant anymore. How many C-sections has she had, anyway? Jana/JD, Jordyn, and Josie? Am I forgetting anyone? If my knowledge is correct, your uterus can really only handle so much scar tissue from the C-sections... really hoping this is her last!

I was trying to watch the reactions of all the J'kids on the Today Show. Jana actually seemed to be positively BEAMING with happiness. Either she is a better actress than I thought, or maybe some type of engagement is actually in the works. I was wondering if perhaps Ma and Pa told her that IF they conceive again, it was a sign of the "Lord's Blessing upon them," and therefore a blessing on her (possible) courtship. Don't they tie everything to a sign from above?

I don't think Joy could actually seem less, well, full of JOY. She seemed really annoyed/upset.

I really think that Smuggar actually is excited. Not really to have another baby brother or sister, but because he knows this will extend the TLC gravy train and hey, easy money. Please tell me Anna is not really pregnant again... she was just talking about how it was a whole new learn experience to take care of 2 kids instead of 1 (more difficult to get to the store, etc.) Are they really ready for a third?

The rest of the kids had frozen smiles on their faces that did NOT look like genuine happiness to me. When I was 13, my mom had another baby and I remember being nervous (and she didn't even have any complications). I bet the poor Duggar kids are seriosuly afraid that their mom is going to die, but they can't even voice that fear or else it will seem like they don't have enough faith in God. So sad. :(

Edited to add: Another reason I think a courtship is going on was because of Jim Boob's answer to Ann Curry about having enough space in the house for all the kids. Jim Boob remarked that Josh moved out so that they could make room for another child. (Which I don't actually think is true... was he talking about Jordyn? She is a girl and therefore not even sleeping in the boys' room... color me confused Jim Bob). That made no sense. Did someone move out when Josie came? What about the next J'Blessing?

Edited by RachieLnnn81, Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:39 PM.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:34 PM

What I honestly do NOT get is when the older girls were younger and they were told they had to help w/ the younger kids why did they just REFUSE to.

Jana814 If the girls had refused, they probably would have been severally punished for their disobedience. As in severe corporal punishment. Also, children love their parents. If your parents give you chores, most children do not "refuse" they do as they are told. Some people are naturally more rebellious-i.e. Michelle's talk about "Jessa's willfulness", but I cannot see sweet Jana and Jill not doing what Mommy and Daddy said when they were 7, 8, 9 years old, because "good children obey their parents." Even if the older girls really felt they shouldn't have been required to do x, y, z, as little kids they weren't in a position to refuse.

Michelle has had four c sections- Jana/JD, Jackson, Jordyn and Josie.

Edited by scarlett45, Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:36 PM.

PennyE

PennyE

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:35 PM

It is truly a mental illness and an addiction. Most parents find joy in childbirth, yes, but after stopping at a reasonable number, they also find joy in the child's: first day of kindergarten, participation on sports teams, music, Scouts, schoolwork, graduations, college, marriage, and then come the grandchildren, etc. etc.
The warped minds of the Duggars only find joy in popping out another and another; once the attention of having a newborn is over, they are not interested. Not to mention the fact that the existing blessings are not allowed to participate in any of the childhood activities mentioned above.
If Michelle lives through this one, I hope she finds a hobby that she can do with her legs tightly closed.

parisprincess

parisprincess

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:35 PM

If I am going to watch Michelle, then let me watch a happily pregnant Michelle. She just looks and acts more normal and HAPPY when she's pregnant.

Hell, I look happier when I've had a couple of glasses of wine, but that doesn't mean I should spend entire my life drunk.

I'm glad I wasn't taking a sip of my tea when I read the above because it would be all over my monitor!

lillybee

lillybee

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:50 PM

Poor Jordyn, she is going to be more lost and alone.

MrsHarv

MrsHarv

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:50 PM

these people are truly repulsive.

lessa2010

lessa2010

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 5:54 PM

Maybe the girls are happy to have another sibling. While Ma Duggar is putting out kids and the show is on the air the girls are not likely to be married off. That is not a bad thing. For every 15mths those girls stay home, that is one less kid they would likely have if they were married to someone who followed their parents beliefs. Now the boys I feel bad for. They will be married off and they will be stuck.

simpleHope

simpleHope

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 6:07 PM

I. have. no. words.

MrsD

MrsD

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 6:16 PM

Jim Bob said on the Today Show: "We didn't want to stop on an odd number..."

So are they going to stop now?

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 6:18 PM

May that poor baby be safe and healthy.

mrsryan

mrsryan

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 6:34 PM

I wonder what others in the fundie world honestly think about this family? Do they see that the older girls are doing all the housework and raising the younger children? Do the other fundie families get sick of the Duggars and their fame whore tendencies and thinking they are so much better that everybody else? I wish somebody in that whole circle would anonymously tell us what they really think about this family!!

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 6:48 PM

If she's birthed 14 or 15 kids naturally I just get the feeling her vagina is all but a Slip 'N Slide at this point. I imagine being with her is like throwing a hotdog down a hallway. It can't be "fun" at this point anymore... for either of them.

But I thought their whole schtick was that they just didn't do anything to prevent it, but they also weren't really trying? Sort of like if it happens, it happens. So, they were trying for all of these kids?

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 7:25 PM

It's obvious that Jim-Bob and Michelle didn't major in common sense in college. Wait. They don't care if they're kids have a good education. They just want them to be slaves forever. Josie is almost two. Why do they think that once she hits two, she'll be completely normal? Their logic is some serious BS. I hope TLC cancels this circus soon. They're worse than Kate +8 ever was!

ChibiBobo

ChibiBobo

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 7:28 PM

Lurker here. The video on the today site of 'what the duggar girls think of the pregnancy' will not work anymore. I tried clicking on it and it wouldn't load, it just went blank. If you click the previous video and it skips that particular video when it was shown as up next in the auto play. I didn't get to see it at all. Anyone who had seen it have any idea as to why it is gone all of a sudden?

Oscem

Oscem

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 7:33 PM

But I thought their whole schtick was that they just didn't do anything to prevent it, but they also weren't really trying? Sort of like if it happens, it happens. So, they were trying for all of these kids?

I think even God's had enough at this point, so while these two idiots were actively 'trying' to fertilize Michelle's Miracle Gro-Covered Lady-Bits, God was actively 'trying' to put on the brakes- He must have had to look away for five seconds to handle a world crisis, like an earthquake or a hurricane or genocide, and JimBob sneaked one by the goalie.

I'll put money on Anna being pregnant, too. I only hope that there's a massive throwdown as Michelle takes Anna down with a running tackle and starts beating on her for stealing her thunder. That would be the most entertaining Duggar episode in years.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 7:35 PM

The Jessa - Jinger video still works. I'd like to think that they are really happy and not just spouting a party line, but it's hard to believe the four older daughters are really doing what they want to be doing right now.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 7:39 PM

Trust me, Jim Bob, 20 kids is a very odd number.