After-Game Analysis: The Fanfic Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

685 replies to this topic

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

• Interests:Friday Night Lights Discussion and Fan-fictions<br /><br />http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3668499/1/High_Water

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 6:23 PM

Hate to steal your thunder, Rachael-Wilder, but...Chapter 4 is now playing. Hee. http://www.fanfictio...99/4/High_Water

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Sep 8, 2007 @ 8:52 AM.
format

Joe DUDE

Joe DUDE

Fanatic

• Interests:Your mom.

Posted Sep 10, 2007 @ 1:36 PM

Well... I hate to steal your thunder TWB (hehe), but....

Chapter Nine is now up!!!

One more chapter and the epilogue left!

Enjoy.

mmcdonald64

mmcdonald64

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2007 @ 6:27 PM

Fanlib.com is sending me a t-shirt. :-) Anyone who was featured gets one. I also got to choose a quote and of course I picked one from Friday Night Lights to put on the back of the shirt. I was going to put one from one of my fics, but all the good ones had a little bit of profanity or were rated pg-17, lol, so I chose Coach's line, "They had a blanket!"

Edited by mmcdonald64, Sep 10, 2007 @ 6:28 PM.

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

• Interests:Friday Night Lights Discussion and Fan-fictions<br /><br />http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3668499/1/High_Water

Posted Sep 10, 2007 @ 10:08 PM

JoeDUDE, tis a far, far more hardcore thing you do than you have ever done before...>.< Love the exchanges between the Holding Cell Foursome, but I don't understand Tyra's weird expectation for Tim to have 'A Collette's In Trouble' homing device. It just seems to be a bit much for me for some weird reason...how can you be there for anybody when technically there's been nobody around for you? >.> <.< I don't get it...heh...but that's my crazy, lovesick fangirl mind talking, I guess.
Too bad you can't stand the Garritys, hehhehheh. XD

PS--Welcome back. :)

mikimouse

mikimouse

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 10, 2007 @ 10:54 PM

Too bad you can't stand the Garritys, hehhehheh

I know...I wonder how many times can Joe kill the Garritys in his fics?
LOL!

Edited by mikimouse, Sep 10, 2007 @ 10:54 PM.

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2007 @ 9:05 AM

Until a situation like that ever happens in the show...as many times as he wants, maybe! XD

Joe DUDE

Joe DUDE

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2007 @ 9:49 AM

LMAO!!! As many times as I want sounds about right. hehehe. I'm sure no one's sad to see Buddy go.... right??

About Tyra & Tim, I'm not sure she expects him to have a "homing device" because she really doesn't want him to have one, you know? She doesn't want anything to do with him anymore. And about the "being there for someone" line, like you said, TWB, Tim doesn't know what it's like because no one has really been there for him. Sounds like that fangirl mind talking too, LMAO! I'm kidding.

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2007 @ 10:53 AM

Okay, then there has to be something else to the grounds of her dismissal of him besides that, right...? I can understand someone not wanting to be in touch with the dark side of town because it no longer has any benefits or never had any in the first place, but that...it is like asking an orphan to explain to you all the rewards of being in a family, what the key parts of a family are, and so forth. In that regard, Tyra's being quite unrealistic, and she needs to get poked in the head for it. >.<

Joe DUDE

Joe DUDE

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2007 @ 10:55 AM

Hey, there is still one more chapter and an epilogue coming up. We'll see what happens on that front. hehe.

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2007 @ 10:57 AM

She should get at least one sliver of humble pie...XD Billy set things straight to her in the show before, he can do it again. Mwahaha, I'm such a bad fan.

Oldersis

Oldersis

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2007 @ 12:14 PM

Weasley, I just got around to reading your latest chapter. The suspense is killing me! What is happening to our poor Tim???

I am really excited that you brought Waverly in though. I think she's really an intriguing character and I don't see a whole lot of fics with her or Smash, so yay! I can't wait to see where it all goes.

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2007 @ 1:00 PM

I like Waverly, too. She reminds me of a friend at church I had a long time ago who was bipolar, but who ALSO was a friendly person all the time no matter what. I may have never seen her during the bad periods, but at the same time, I don't think it would have changed my perception of her at all. :)

And no, no killing suspense please!! I'm here to entertain people, not end their lives! >.< However, because we are on the subject, I am glad you asked because I love to discuss plot bunnies:

Ever since the end of Season 1, I've been disappointed how they left all the Riggins-related plot holes wide open with no real conclusion, specifically the ones pertaining to alcoholism and no support system whatsoever. In my opinion, I feared this was a recipe that would only add up to Dillon's first suicide cases, not a happy ending.

To that end, I've been pondering how any writer would turn a situation that seems as hopeless as this one completely around so that happy endings can be reached, and the first thing that came to mind is that at least one of the brothers would have to reach the rock-bottom phase. Once a person gets there, there is no real place to go but upwards, especially if they reach a point where they want to have a better life for themselves and are willing to work for it.

That is the spot I will reach with Tim as the end result, I promise you...however, a lot of things will need to be worked out in the meantime. The drinking habit, the need for family and friends with no idea how to obtain them, and the events of May 31, 2007 are obstacles that have to be overcome, but I do promise that there are brighter skies ahead for our favorite fullback. :) That's about all I can say for now, because any more will spoil the fanfiction completely! ;) XD

rachel_wilder

rachel_wilder

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 11:43 AM

I have a new story up, a missing scene from Mud Bowl. I hope you enjoy it!

As Clear As Mud

Joe DUDE

Joe DUDE

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 1:20 PM

New fic! New fic!

Where You Wanna Be

It's a crossover with Heroes. More specifically a Matt/Claire story! Hope you all like this first chapter. Although it's a little on the short side.

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 9:52 AM

Is it just me...or should we have another Ultimate Fanfic Day to celebrate the 5th of October...?

mmcdonald64

mmcdonald64

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 10:35 AM

That sounds like a plan to me Weasleyboys! Maybe it would inspire me to get my butt working on "Clear Eyes".

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 11:07 AM

Yeah, and inspire a lot of other people, too...if JoeDUDE shows up today, maybe he can help us out. *wink wink nudge nudge* XD

Joe DUDE

Joe DUDE

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 12:54 PM

Two words:

Hell yes.

treeHero

treeHero

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 1:09 PM

'Twas my thought exactly immediately after UFFD #1 ended.

I need a deadline!

UFFD2 coming, Joe?

HarshBench

HarshBench

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 1:15 PM

has Vache posted another installment of Missing?

Joe DUDE

Joe DUDE

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 1:20 PM

It sure is!!

Let's make it for... October 5th!!! We'll all read awesome fanfics all day, then watch the season premiere that night.

Stories should happen during the off-season, and only the off-season with any characters you want. Christmas, summer, spring break, birthdays, etc. Don't include anything from season 2 that you know about. You can hint a little, but nothing more. && Pimp this like crazy.

Have fun. I got a few ideas in mind already. haha.

sarahfitz

sarahfitz

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 1:31 PM

Ok I'm in on the fanfic day too. I've never written one but I already have some ideas for a Landry/Tyra fic :)

Joe DUDE

Joe DUDE

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 1:38 PM

Whether you have an LJ or not, leave a comment here. Just so I can keep track of everyone who's taking part.

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 3:53 PM

Just signed myself up, haha...XD Check my play on words in the comment box!

JTatef14

JTatef14

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 4:12 PM

Not sure how many people are still interested in this but here's chapter four! Enjoy!

Working Class Hero Chapter Four

TheWeasleyboys2

TheWeasleyboys2

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 20, 2007 @ 9:14 PM

Still spooky as ever, JTate, keep up the good work. :)

P.S.--The fifth chapter of High Water will go up as close to the 5th of October as I can possibly make it, because I'm introducing as many fans to the story as I can. XD Love, TWB.

rachel_wilder

rachel_wilder

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 10:16 PM

I put a new story up this afternoon. It's Tim and Jason, post season 1, buddy fic.

Mostly the Same

Joe DUDE

Joe DUDE

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 10:38 PM

You should of posted that for UFFD 2!!! LMAO. It fits the bill perfectly. But if you're working on something else for that, then that's cool too.

mae mae

mae mae

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 10:42 PM

thanks RachelW, for a kayaker like myself this was a great fic... my two favorite things, FNL and being on the water... *sigh*

rachel_wilder

rachel_wilder

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 8:54 AM

thanks RachelW, for a kayaker like myself this was a great fic... my two favorite things, FNL and being on the water... *sigh*

Thanks! I just kept thinking about the canoe and rafting trips my family has taken and could imagine it would be the kind of thing that Jason and Tim would do that could get them away from everything in Dillon.

You should of posted that for UFFD 2!!! LMAO. It fits the bill perfectly. But if you're working on something else for that, then that's cool too.

Well, I don't know if my schedule will allow me to participate. That gets to be a pretty busy time for me.