Latitude and Longitude: Ratings and Scheduling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

37 replies to this topic

sallyreardon

sallyreardon

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2006 @ 1:09 PM

Too bad...I thought they were improving with last night's show.

Really? I haven't seen it, yet. Thanks for the heads-up, sweetjane.

I always look at the second number of those fractions. And, I think... it's suppose to summizes the type of audience it pulls. Something in regards to ad value. It looks like it's almost three times. It sure feels Dawson's Creek/Felicity-ish... which I can only assume as good. I remember when Dawson's Creek had like 4 million only and there was this big hoopla on how valuable it was. I kinda thought it would loose it's value when Joey picked Pacey... hehe! Just kiddin'. Wrong board. And, absolutely no offense to Pacey and Joey fans. But, I'll always be an ardent Season One fan.

Edited by sallyreardon, Oct 7, 2006 @ 1:13 PM.

StephenTrendy

StephenTrendy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2006 @ 2:32 PM

Yeah, but Six Degrees is on ABC and Dawson's was on The WB. Two different networks with different profiles. The WB (now The CW) doesn't expect numbers like ABC would. If SD was on The CW with these ratings, it would probably be picked up for another season, because those are really high ratings for that network. But not for ABC.

sallyreardon

sallyreardon

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2006 @ 1:19 PM

Yeah, but Six Degrees is on ABC and Dawson's was on The WB. Two different networks with different profiles. The WB (now The CW) doesn't expect numbers like ABC would.

Very true. But, I remember when ABC ran "My So-Called Life", though, and it had only about 8+ million and they were torn. And, that was in the days of mega ratings. And, when they decided to cancel it, Ted Harbert ended up regretting it later. I believe it was because it drew a rather unique audience.

Edited by sallyreardon, Oct 7, 2006 @ 1:25 PM.

The Evil One

The Evil One

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2006 @ 11:46 AM

My-So Called Life was also on against Mad About You and Friends, which were both Top 10 shows in competition. Six Degrees is getting bested by a new drama (Shark) that's not particularly novel and a decade old ER, and iSix Degrees has got the sweetest lead-in a show can have. What's really interesting is that ER is killing them in the 18-34 demographic.

sweetjane

sweetjane

Fanatic

• Interests:Took my money,<br />I couldn't buy nothin'<br />I'm sick of this brave new world<br />And my whole life was like a picture of a sunny day

Posted Oct 10, 2006 @ 1:35 AM

Some negative press for the ratings from the NY Times - although lots of shows are mentioned.

One ABC hopeful, “Six Degrees,” has been driving viewers away in thundering herds, bleeding more than 13 million viewers from “Grey’s Anatomy” last week.
The 10 p.m. challenge for ABC will remain closely watched this season.

TheNorth

TheNorth

Couch Potato

• Interests:So glad the writers strike is finally over! I have to admit that reality tv is my weakness. When I am not working at my new Marketing/ Pr job I devoted an obscene amount of time to watching TV/ reading about TV/ talking about TV...

Posted Oct 10, 2006 @ 3:16 PM

I am keeping my fingers crossed for this one! I really hope that they are able to sustain the ratings this week, bc the show has grown on me so much! I would hate to see it go so soon!!

The Evil One

The Evil One

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 12:55 PM

I wonder what's afoot at ABC. Last night, I saw wall-to-wall promos for ABC's Thursday night - Ugly Betty and Grey's. Not a word about Six Degrees.

arizonamyrie

arizonamyrie

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2006 @ 3:30 PM

I'm not savvy when it comes to ratings, but I was wondering if anyone knew how the show is doing with the online webcast? So many networks are doing this now. Also, any word on how many people are actually recording this either via tivo, vcr, or dvr?