Multiple Identities: The Cast in Other Roles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

33 replies to this topic

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 10:35 AM

The Kidnapped cast has been in other things, some of them impressive (Timothy Hutton in Ordinary People, Jeremy Sisto in Six Feet Under, Mykelti Williamson in Forrest Gump, Dana Delany in China Beach and Delroy Lindo in Ransom) others, um, not so much (Doug Hutchison in Bait, Carmen Ejogo in Metro).

Anyway, if there's any Kidnapped cast member who's in another role that's worth talking about, award-caliber or not, them chat about them here, to your heart's content.

zuckercornballr

zuckercornballr

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 12:24 PM

Did any other "Oz" fans out there watch this one? I fully yelled "Chico!" when Otto Sanchez came on the screen (as one of the kidnapper dudes). And then I yelled "Irish Hack!" at Robert Clohessy (another kidnapper dude).
And I also had a pair of "maybe" sightings of "Rescue Me" cast members. The young, blond kidnapping victim looked like the girl who plays Tommy's daughter...and I also thought I saw the guy who plays Tommy's AA-buddy cousin-who-used-to-be-a-priest. No confirmation on IMBD, so I might be way off.

polaroidmoment

polaroidmoment

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 4:11 PM

I couldn't figure out where I knew Jeremy Sisto from, so I finally had to look him up on imdb. He was Suicide Kings and Clueless (Which just happen to be two of my favourite movies!).

No lies, I yelled out "Elton!" as soon as I placed his face.

Eliot

Eliot

Stalker

• Interests:What, you mean there's a world outside of TV?

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 6:34 PM

Did any other "Oz" fans out there watch this one? I fully yelled "Chico!" when Otto Sanchez came on the screen (as one of the kidnapper dudes). And then I yelled "Irish Hack!" at Robert Clohessy (another kidnapper dude).

Me! Me! Guerra, Murphy, AND Agent Taylor (aka Cousin Mick from Rescue Me). And, yes, I think that was Tommy's daughter as the other kidnap victim.

Edited by Eliot, Sep 21, 2006 @ 6:35 PM.

DarbyV

DarbyV

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 7:17 PM

There is also a shot of Terry Kinney in the previews for next week. Is this a coincidence?

zuckercornballr

zuckercornballr

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 22, 2006 @ 11:15 AM

Thanks for the back-up Eliot. Did anyone watch Six Degrees? Again with Robert Clohessy AND Cousin Mick from Rescue Me.

And I love Jeremy Sisto from Six Feet Under and had no idea he was in Clueless. I had never seen Clueless until a few weeks ago - that movie is filled with people who are doing good stuff now. And some other people who are doing...umm, stuff now.

I wasn't going to watch again next week, but if there's Terry Kinney, I might have to check that out.

LisaM

LisaM

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2006 @ 8:17 PM

It was nice to see Audra McDonald, who is a major Broadway star. I can't imagine that they would have bothered to get her for just the very small role she has had so far (as Virgil's wife/girlfriend?) so perhaps there is more of a storyline for her and Virgil down the line.

janefinch

janefinch

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2006 @ 9:22 PM

I couldn't figure out where I knew Jeremy Sisto from, so I finally had to look him up on imdb. He was Suicide Kings and Clueless (Which just happen to be two of my favourite movies!).

No lies, I yelled out "Elton!" as soon as I placed his face

No kidding....I spent a half hour and then it came to me...Billy! I kept expecting a weird scene with his sister any minute.

crystalsage

crystalsage

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2006 @ 9:31 PM

Ricky Jay escaped Deadwood and he's here! Looks good; got a new suit with all that money he stole from Toliver.

Dana Girl

Dana Girl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2006 @ 9:45 PM

It was nice to see Audra McDonald, who is a major Broadway star. I can't imagine that they would have bothered to get her for just the very small role she has had so far (as Virgil's wife/girlfriend?) so perhaps there is more of a storyline for her and Virgil down the line.

I think she was in the credits with the regular cast and not the guest stars. If she is regular cast, I can't imagine that she would sign up without the promise of a meaty role. I can't wait to see how that develops. She also has been on television in the short lived "Mr. Sterling" as a congressman's Chief of Staff (I think. It has been awhile).

Jeremy Sisto also played Jesus in a TV mini. Has he really, um, aged quite a bit since the end of SFU or did he just pretty down for this role?

JeanPoole

JeanPoole

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2006 @ 11:00 PM

Ricky Jay has been in a lot of wonderful stuff. He's been a Mamet regular: House of Games and The Spanish Prisoner, both good but Games was better.
I will always remember him in the X-Files, The Great Maleeni? He played a dual role and was terrific: understated, snide, vaguely mocking and he could make his neck do a 360! You know he knows more than everyone else in the room, he just doesn't let on.

Edited by JeanPoole, Sep 23, 2006 @ 11:08 PM.

nightspore

nightspore

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 24, 2006 @ 2:05 PM

James Urbaniak, the Accountant, is the reason I'm watching this. He's currently the voice of Dr. Venture, Jonas Jr., Phantom Limb and several other characters on "The Venture Bros." and I've seen him in "American Splendor", "Henry Fool", "Plain Dirty", and "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind". I believe he's been on Law & Order and Sex in the City, but I'd have to 2x check the imdb for that. He's always excellent, and it'll be fun to see him as the geeky but deadly assassin.

catperson

catperson

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2006 @ 3:27 PM

I really like him, too. So calm and collected, and you really believe him in this role.

I'd like to know where the kidnapper guys have been before. Especially the Hispanic guy, cos he's really fascinating. Anyone catch his name?

nightspore

nightspore

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 24, 2006 @ 10:49 PM

James said you'll see more and more of the accountant and episode 9 will be his big one, so hopefully it stays on at least that long.

Rozzie

Rozzie

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2006 @ 12:41 PM

Especially the Hispanic guy

Otto Sanchez played Carmen "Chico" Guerra on Oz

ETA: Now why did I think that this hadn't already been posted?

Edited by Rozzie, Sep 25, 2006 @ 12:46 PM.

bellis

bellis

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 26, 2006 @ 10:27 PM

It's all about the X-Files connections for me : Ricky Jay played The Amazing Maleeni and Doug Hutchison the scariest liver-eating mutant villain that ever came out of the X-Files. The whole time I was watching him in his scenes I want to yell out "Tooms!"

Edited by bellis, Sep 26, 2006 @ 10:27 PM.

nightspore

nightspore

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2006 @ 10:53 PM

The whole time I was watching him in his scenes I want to yell out "Tooms!"

Whew, I wasn't the only one, then! And Doug was also quite good in "The Green Mile", and Ricky Jay in "Mystery Men".

bellis

bellis

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 12:18 AM

Anthony Rapp! heh-heh ("Detour") anyone?

lotus eater 70

lotus eater 70

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 12:40 AM

[/quote]Jeremy Sisto also played Jesus in a TV mini. Has he really, um, aged quite a bit since the end of SFU or did he just pretty down for this role?[quote]

Well, we've all aged a good bit since 6 Feet Under *began*, haven't we? And that transition from still-boyish (or girlish) 20-something to the early thirties changes some people more than others.

I saw Sisto in a Broadway show in the spring as a boorish, mid-30s lout and in the show he looked older and heavier and kind of scruffy. But then I ran into him in person about a month later, and he looked pretty fit and pretty good. So who knows? Maybe he changes his appearance a bit for a each role. He has an interesting face, not a "pretty" face, really (though he was a little on the pretty side when he was younger), which is better for someone who wants to play interesting roles, I think -- he can skew handsome or seedy or whatever; and I think we saw a lot of that in SFU as Billy went through different phases, didn't we -- lots of changes in appearance and weight. I don't know . . . to me he just looks more like his dad recently (again, something that happens to a lot of guys as they pass 30), but if you're not familiar with his father's music, that probably isn't relevant to you.

I'm just glad to see someone as talented and offbeat as Sisto on broadcast instead of just cable. Same goes for his old TV sis, Rachel Griffiths.

Oh, and since you mention it, I think the Jesus miniseries was the first thing I really saw him do that I recall. I was many years late in seeing Clueless, for some reason.

dbacksgirl

dbacksgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 1:04 AM

To me, Timothy Hutton will forever be Archie Goodwin, Nero Wolfe's right hand man.

He was so perfect in that role in the mini-series (occaisionally aired on A&E, mostly on the Biography channel). Whenever I read the Nero Wolfe stories I hear his voice for the narration.

Love him in this shady-dealings-father role too!

OLucy

OLucy

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 9:41 AM

Peter Gerety, Connie's dad, was in Homicide:Life on the Streets and The Wire.

amysarmy

amysarmy

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 11:48 AM

Timothy Hutton is and always will be CONRAD Jarrett from Ordinary People!! What a flashback when he was on the phone identifying himself as Connie!

Dana Girl

Dana Girl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 6:37 PM

Well, we've all aged a good bit since 6 Feet Under *began*, haven't we? And that transition from still-boyish (or girlish) 20-something to the early thirties changes some people more than others.

Well, yeah, it's been awhile since the beginning of SFU, but I meant that I thought he looked drastically different from the end of SFU. Your point about his Broadway work did make me think that Sisto is one of those actors who does manage to look drastically different for each role. I mean, he did Caesar and SFU at the same time and looked distinct in each role.

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 6:42 PM

I thought he looked drastically different from the end of SFU.

He surely looks younger now. ;)

I know, I know. Sorry.

AkashaCatBat

AkashaCatBat

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 28, 2006 @ 7:22 PM

Oh, how I love Anthony Rapp in this. Pure love. I have never seen him in a role like this, and it only further solidifies my theory that the best creepy-ass bad guys in movies/on tv are usually really nice offscreen.

Edited by AkashaCatBat, Sep 28, 2006 @ 7:21 PM.

Ramona Q

Ramona Q

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2006 @ 9:24 AM

Oh, how I love Anthony Rapp in this. Pure love. I have never seen him in a role like this, and it only further solidifies my theory that the best creepy-ass bad guys in movies/on tv are usually really nice offscreen.

Seeing Anthony Rapp in this show just reminded me of how sickly and drawn he looked in the movie version of Rent. I like him here as a babbling psycho, and as someone who seems to have had three square meals for the last few months.

bluenote123

bluenote123

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2006 @ 2:57 PM

Terry Kinney from Oz (McManus) played Sully on last night's episode.

TropGirl

TropGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2006 @ 12:54 AM

I loved Linus Roache in The Wings of the Dove. Still watch that movie quite frequently.

sacoha

sacoha

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 9, 2006 @ 11:29 PM

I was pleasantly surprised to recognize the sniper, Mr. Green, as a lieutenant on "The Wire" last night. Looks like he'll be on regularly this season. I love that show but it breaks my heart every time I watch it.

I first saw Linus Roache 12 years ago in the movie, "Priest".

JeanPoole

JeanPoole

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2006 @ 11:55 PM

I loved Linus Roache in The Wings of the Dove. Still watch that movie quite frequently.

Ooh, me too, me too. One of those underrated movies that gets better every time I watch it.