Yul

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1031 replies to this topic

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 7:05 PM

Hi. One of my favorite snacks is Pirate's Booty. Arrrrr!

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:16 PM

Hey, it looks like Jin from Lost shaved his head, learned some English, got off Craphole Island, and decided to try out for Survivor! Oh wait...

Kidding aside, he's one of my current favorites. Don't why, but he come off like a likeable person. I hope he doesn't turn into an asshole or anything.

Fly_On_TheWall

Fly_On_TheWall

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:17 PM

I think He may be my reality show crush this year. Cute, great body and He seems sweet.

HAB

HAB

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:22 PM

Oh yeah flyonthewall. He's hot. I think he's going to be one of my favorites until he screws something up. hab crossing fingers he doesn't.

rorosama

rorosama

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:17 PM

Just like to add to the HOTHOTHOT train we have going on here. Between Cao Boi and his antics and Yul and his hotness, i hope the asian team don't lose for a while!

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:07 PM

I'm getting potential anal vibes from him, but I'm going to ignore them for as long as possible, because he's hot.

mondayrowing

mondayrowing

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:16 PM

Hottest. Survivor. Ever. I was against Survivor All Stars 2, but if he's on it, I wouldn't be against the idea. (I know, I'm thinking way too far ahead.)

EllieH

EllieH

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:22 PM

I agree, he's a hot one. And smart too! If he can provide witty/ snarky comentary on the other players, he could be my favorite ever.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 10:27 PM

His bio made him out to be such an immunity monster, I had a sense of pre-hatred for him. I expected him to be the cause of hot girl after hot girl being voted off, either by his own tribe in order to keep him, or by other tribes seeking to maintain strength to oppose him. Meanwhile, Terry left me with a bad taste in my mouth about extremely dominant players. I was expecting lots of screentime and no entertainment value.
I stand corrected. He has a sense of humor, a sense of bemused humility about things he's still trying to figure out... he's good TV. I expect him to have some very viewer-contagious fun out there.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 12:04 AM

From his official site bio:

He describes himself as idealistic, compassionate and ambitious. He became passionate about creating awareness for more minority bone marrow donors in the U.S. after launching a major search to find a match for his best friend who was diagnosed with leukemia, but ultimately succumbed to the disease.

I hope he doesn't turn out to be a jerk. He sounds too good to be true ... plus, he's so hot!

Race Birch

Race Birch

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 1:00 AM

He's one of my few favorites to win at this point. He really helped the Asians kick ass in the immunity challenge.

Jet Black

Jet Black

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 1:33 AM

One of my favorite snacks is Pirate's Booty.

Yul like Brad is educating me with his bio. It was fun googling Pirate's Booty (the link I found had Pirate's Booty with Caramel).

Yul's an early favorite (my early favorites don't seem to do too well in Survivor). I wonder how many viewers have made him their new Survivor husband.

ABJ

ABJ

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 8:43 AM

I wonder how many viewers have made him their new Survivor husband.

Well it is too late for all the other viewers cos he is mine ;-)

Damn he is hot and he has such an awesome voice - very calming - yum, yum!

One of my favorite snacks is Pirate's Booty.

I want to snack on Yul's booty!

Edited by ABJ, Sep 15, 2006 @ 8:46 AM.

RabidStoat

RabidStoat

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 8:47 AM

I agree with all the above positive comments. He's easy on the eyes, seems really smart, and as acted well so far.

For these reasons, I am worried he's doomed to turn into a raging idiot a few episodes from now. All my early likes turn into monsters by mid-season. :(

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 9:52 AM

Wow, he is quite the Renaissance man here. He's smart, athletic, likes puzzles, has dabbled in politics, and, uh, Pirate Booty!

Millie

Millie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 9:54 AM

I want to snack on Yul's booty!

Dirty!!!!

But me too!!

TheCommish

TheCommish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 10:31 AM

In an episode in which the black team reinforced more stereotypes than a typical episode of "Sanford & Son", it was nice to hear from Yul that he was concerned about the team NOT becoming stereotyped. Refreshingly candid...and, mature.

This guy definitely seems to have what it takes to go a LONG WAY in this game.

And BTW, I think he looks a little like NBA player Yao Ming, FWIW...

shadowball

shadowball

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 10:44 AM

Hot!

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:17 AM

He lives in San Mateo, CA, about half an hour away from where I live. There is very little to stop me from driving over to his house and leave a flaming bag of love. I will be shattered if he is to leave anytime soon. I mean, if he's able to cram for law school, I hope there's enough room in his head for basic Survivor tactics.

kemmek

kemmek

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:50 AM

Just wanted to chime in with some more Yul love. After the first episode, he's definitely my favorite. I just hope that he's not targeted because of all of his strengths!

drella66

drella66

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:51 AM

It is so nice to have some hot men on Survior, Yul is so Yummy (and Ozzy too), who are not the typical overly muscled golden boys from the South they normally have on the show...HOORAH!

Edited by drella66, Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:52 AM.

Race Birch

Race Birch

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 12:10 PM

TheCommish
And BTW, I think he looks a little like NBA player Yao Ming, FWIW...

That's it! That's it! That's who he reminded me of! Thanks, Commish!

LunaChick

LunaChick

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 12:26 PM

I wonder how many viewers have made him their new Survivor husband.

Well, I have a fear of commitment, so husband is taking things a bit far, but I did post this on a friends myspace page last night.

miss msry

miss msry

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 2:00 PM

Yum Yum Yul.

Psyche78

Psyche78

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 2:02 PM

There is very little to stop me from driving over to his house and leave a flaming bag of love.

ACtually, doesn't California have pretty strong anti-stalking laws? I mean, flaming bag of love? They'd have your DNA for sure!

John RR

John RR

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 2:42 PM

I watched an interview of him in the new clips for episode 1 (painfully skimpy clips - they don't even have a final interview with Sekou), and he came across as on the pompous side, very worried about how his political or legal career (he used to work for Lieberman) might hurt him in the game if people find out. This reminds me of the big paranoia from Gary Hogeboom-boom about his football career, only for him to eventually realize everyone knew about his secret and nobody cared.

I hope he isn't going to be one of those self-righteous types. So far he has been fine.

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 7:58 PM

For these reasons, I am worried he's doomed to turn into a raging idiot a few episodes from now. All my early likes turn into monsters by mid-season. :(

That's my big fear, too. The gorgeous guys almost always end up being severe assholes. I'm in lust with Yul, and I'll probably end up hating him by the time he's voted off.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

• Interests:Jensen Ackles.

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 8:19 PM

I think I'm in love since he's the only one of the guys I think are hot who actually lists a favorite book/author. Also, he lists Firefly as a favorite tv show. So, we'll always have that.

Plus, hot.

The gorgeous guys almost always end up being severe assholes.

True, but I hope he will not be. He seems like an actual professional person, which I dig. He's not an actor/waiter.

Edited by My Way, Sep 15, 2006 @ 8:25 PM.

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 10:12 PM

The gorgeous guys almost always end up being severe assholes.

True, but I hope he will not be. He seems like an actual professional person, which I dig. He's not an actor/waiter.

Bobby Jon was awesome despite being a waiter, and I liked Nick from last season. There's hope!

I watched an interview of him in the new clips for episode 1 (painfully skimpy clips - they don't even have a final interview with Sekou), and he came across as on the pompous side, very worried about how his political or legal career (he used to work for Lieberman) might hurt him in the game if people find out.

I'd care. Like poliitcs itself, it's not wise to reveal information about yourself such as your political status unless you're absolutely certain people agree with you.

John RR

John RR

Posted Sep 16, 2006 @ 12:04 AM

I didn't get the impression the politics were what he was afraid of people holding against him, he seemed more worried by the possibility they would be upset because he had a successful legal or political career. Presuming such a negative opinion from the people around you isn't the greatest way to start out a game, unless they've given you a reason.