S23: Ozzy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1374 replies to this topic

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 6:56 PM

Hi. My dog's name is Buddha. You can all hope that doesn't mean I'm That Guy Who Names His Dog "Buddha."

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:29 PM

His bio didn't stand out, but his performance is excellant. He knows that there are things he can do better than others without offending them, and he knows that there are things which will. And he seems to understand the difference. He's articulate enough to give decent interviews and, it appears thus far, savvy enough to shut up when safety dictates. Actually, come to think of it, that skill, or lack thereof in my case, is exactly why he can hold a job waiting tables whereas I would be fired the first time I had to wait on an obnoxious table. It's not just the "cool" jobs that teach good skills for "Survivor."

mondayrowing

mondayrowing

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:37 PM

He's a cutie. Love the hair. Could lose the peach fuzz mustache, though. I really hope that grows in well.

paganstar

paganstar

Couch Potato

• Interests:Gardening, Writing, and Science Fiction

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 10:15 PM

I like him. He's got people skills and survival skills and took over with out putting himself into the leadership position. IMO: Early pick for final four.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 10:30 PM

I just like the way he shimmied up that tree. I could watch that all damn day.

What can I say? I don't generally watch Survivor because it's riveting television. I'm all about the eye candy, and Ozzy may be the eye candiest yet.

SnappleMan

SnappleMan

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 12:21 AM

Ozzy is my early pick to win the million. Which probably means he's gone next week. Sigh. He seems like he's in better physical shape than everyone else (reading his bio, that's not a surprise), and he isn't sticking his head out too much.

According to the previews, he might be throwing the next IC to get rid of Billy. Weird. We'll see how that turns out.

Race Birch

Race Birch

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 12:39 AM

Hey, Ozzy? Africa's Ethan wants his hair back!

But seriously? So far, I don't mind him. Looks pretty capable and definitely seems to have a good understanding of the game. His choice to not look like too much of a leader was smart.

SitAndStare

SitAndStare

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 2:34 AM

His bio didn't stand out,

Respectfully disagree, because unless this part:

He can dive to 30 feet and can hold his breath under water for three minutes. He is skilled at building traps, forts, shelter and surviving in the wilderness on his own. In the summer of 2005, he camped all the way from Panama to San Diego over the course of five months.

was hype, it makes him pretty darn impressive sounding to me.

YellowKid

YellowKid

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 5:16 AM

Mui caliente! He's this season's Bobby John. Can't wait till he gets all scruffy and crazy!

cheekemon

cheekemon

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 9:46 AM

Thank you SitAndStare!!!! Someone in the episode thread wrote this:

because that "Ozzy" character really looks like he can kick some butt in "the tropics". (LOL)

I don't ususally read the bios, but I did this time, and reading that quote I realized just how much people were underestimating this guy. If it was really about survival, he'd be my pick to go all the way!

Edited by cheekemon, Sep 15, 2006 @ 9:47 AM.

TheCommish

TheCommish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:23 AM

I thought the comparison to Mowgli was spot-on!

I didn't think too much of this guy from his CBS pic (what with The Blue Lagoon hair, and all) and bio, but he impressed me in last night's ep. Could be a player this season.

pen brat

pen brat

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 12:53 PM

Ozzy = my eye candy for this season of Survivor

hindymom

hindymom

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 3:38 PM

He is gorgeous! Of couse that means he'll probably turn into an ass or get booted early.

mnms

mnms

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 8:12 PM

HOT! Definitely on the Ozzy love train. I just hope all his skills don't earn him a big target on his back!

He's this season's Bobby John. Can't wait till he gets all scruffy and crazy!

Without the "snot rockets" though. That was disgusting.

Rowsdower

Rowsdower

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 16, 2006 @ 3:55 PM

I thought it was incredibly brave of the producers to break with reality show tradition and cast a waiter from Los Angeles.

Tripod

Tripod

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2006 @ 4:29 PM

Since I judge everyone by their reading list, I pronounce Ozzy to be spot on! Great list of authors in his "Favorites" list -- the Heinlein mention standing out for me.

He's a playa, for sure, and he seems to have the social aspect of the game well and truly figured out.

Jayded

Jayded

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2006 @ 5:21 PM

I pre-judged them by their musical tastes. Ozzy was my favorite because he listed Otis Redding in his music favorites.

pntdhorses

pntdhorses

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 17, 2006 @ 1:12 PM

Ozzy is definitly Bobby Jon Part Deux! He is adorable, don't remember his pic being that cute on the website so I was quite pleasantly surprised I have a reason to watch this season!

seltzer4

seltzer4

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2006 @ 8:23 PM

I really hope that Ozzy does not follow through in throwing the challenge. Has the guy watched survivor before? Every team who tried to throw a challenge, pretty much shot themselves in the foot.

Viajero

Viajero

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2006 @ 8:25 PM

I guess his looks do remind me a bit of Bobby John, but I donít see the resemblance personality wise. Ozzy seems much more intelligent in general and certainly more strategical in his approach to the game.

What interests me is that how his background (backpacking through Central America, etc.) and obvious physical fitness may give him an additional advantage in this game.

He could be a contender if he doesn't self destruct at some point.

Psyche78

Psyche78

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2006 @ 3:30 PM

As a rule, I don't like the frizzy, unkempt hairstyle look (a la Justin Guarini, Sideshow Bob), but Ozzy is HAWT and I am definitely making an exception in his case.

Very cute how he shimmied up that tree like it was nothing.

TheCommish

TheCommish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2006 @ 3:56 PM

I thought it was incredibly brave of the producers to break with reality show tradition and cast a waiter from Los Angeles.

Heh! Actually, this may be the first time in Survivor history that they listed the contestant's TRUE occupation. (Aren't they all either waiters/bartenders, strippers, or unemployed actor/models/famewhores?)

fiveeightone

fiveeightone

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 19, 2006 @ 11:05 AM

I seriously thought he was the guy from AI who dropped out.

Praefic

Praefic

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 20, 2006 @ 3:50 AM

Looking over the opening credits again, I've come to the conclusion that Ozzy has the best edit of any of the contestants; the flute solo starts during his "sequence", which has a very nice effect.

John RR

John RR

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 6:31 PM

The new Star magazine has a story about Ozzy being in a Playboy TV series "Foursome". They say he had "nude romps". I have my doubts as to whether he showed anything or not, because if he was I think there would be some caps online somewhere.

This has been a season for guys comfortable with showing off their bodies.

Edited by John RR, Sep 21, 2006 @ 6:33 PM.

Race Birch

Race Birch

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 8:35 PM

No, Ozzy. Just . . . no. Liability or not, you don't just . . . throw a challenge. What if a merge or tribal switch comes up? You need the numbers!

On the one hand, I totally felt him, but on the other hand, it seemed like kind of a dumb move. Thus, I have to side with Cristina over him.

John RR

John RR

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 8:56 PM

He came across as very cocky in this episode. To throw a challenge this early in the game, when you never know what's going to happen next, and to bristle at any mere suggestion from Cristina. Then he bragged about how much they would suffer if they got rid of him. Arrogant prick.

jstar

jstar

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 9:04 PM

I can't stand Ozzy. At this point he's the only castaway that I actively dislike.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 9:59 PM

Last week, I thought he understood. Useful = Good. Leader = Bad. He doesn't. it's one thing to say: "Listen, I've trapped birds before, and this works better." But the thing with Billy was just politics. He could make Billy do camp work by nagging him, but he didn't like to, so now they are a person short. What does he think, they are never going to lose under any circumstances whatsoever? Now, they're either going to turn on him or they're going to vote out Cecilia, in which case I will turn on him. He seems to have an intellectual understanding of the game as long he's just talking, but his actions have made him a marked man, if not by his own tribe then as soon as a merge happens. It's a shame his long-term social skills are looking so shaky, because his actual survival skills are really fucking impressive.

Race Birch

Race Birch

Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 10:56 PM

CletusMusashi
It's a shame his long-term social skills are looking so shaky, because his actual survival skills are really fucking impressive.

I agree. I think he can last a pretty good long while in the game, but this episode may have made his chances of winning very slim.