S25: Jonathan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1775 replies to this topic

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 6:50 PM

Hi. Yeah, make fun, but have you been on The Nanny? I didn't think so, mofo.

abbottrabbit

abbottrabbit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:07 PM

Ok. I had a M-A-D crush on Jonathan Penner when he was in The Last Supper. And now? He has man boobies. Saaaad.

His eyes are still incredible though, and here's hoping he drops to like a B cup over the course of the season.

BML1980

BML1980

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:11 PM

Even with the chub, I think the guy is kinda hot. We can pretend he gained weight for the show.

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:15 PM

Why is Jonathan listed as a writer? He's an actor, I've seen him on alot of tv shows. If he's smart he will not tell anyone he's an actor. Stealing the chicken he might be off to a bad start any way. heh.

HAB

HAB

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:16 PM

I knew he looked familiar. Don't know if I saw him on The Nanny but he seemed like I'd seen on TV before.

Fly_On_TheWall

Fly_On_TheWall

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:20 PM

He looks like Tom Sizemore (sp?). I'm not sure what to think about him. I'll either love him or hate him. Great eyes though.

Edited by Fly_On_TheWall, Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:20 PM.

mondayrowing

mondayrowing

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:32 PM

His profile pic on the CBS site sort of makes him look like he's got a Thom Yorke style lazy eye, IMO.

cggb

cggb

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:35 PM

I noticed a lazy eye thing myself tonight. The way he addressed the camera with his eyes looked rather odd.

19bored

19bored

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:45 PM

Does anybody else think he looks kinda like Jack Johnson?

noisack

noisack

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:56 PM

Definitely hot. The eyes, of course, but also that voice.

I've liked him going all the way back to the first iteration of Grapevine, one of my all-time favorite shows that didn't make it.

I also like that he's still married to Stacy Title. A showbiz marriage -- really, any marriage -- that lasts is always nice to see.

Edited by noisack, Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:00 PM.

TDoc72

TDoc72

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:02 PM

Yum-mo! I've been watching Down Periscope (a so-so movie starring Kelsey Grammar) a lot since I found out he was going to be on Survivor and he was hot in that. But he looks even better now. I like a big man. Junka hunka burnin' love and all!

Fuck that Adam, I wanna cuddle puddle w/Jonathan.

The chicken stealing was almost as good as Rupert's dingy looting.

Edited by TDoc72, Sep 14, 2006 @ 8:57 PM.

pbwriter

pbwriter

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:35 PM

Thank God...I'm not going crazy and I have seen this guy before. Most specifically in that old Tea Leoni show, "The Naked Truth." I thought he was good looking then...he always kinda reminded me of the drive-in critic Joe Bob Briggs.

Okay, maybe I am going a little crazy. Still...nice to know my memory is not completely failing.

gymtastic

gymtastic

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:40 PM

Did anyone else get a Terry vibe from him? When he called them his chickens (as opposed to "our" chickens), I started to get worried. Then when he said he missed his wife and kids, I thought, "just please don't tell anyone that your wife and kids are better than their mom!"

Edited by gymtastic, Sep 14, 2006 @ 9:41 PM.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 10:09 PM

Why is Jonathan listed as a writer? He's an actor, I've seen him on alot of tv shows.

I don't know, but in at least one pre-show interview, Probst said something about how Jonathan may have been in a few things, but he's not an actor. He's a writer.

Apparently, Probst's definition of "a few" differs wildly from mine.

BurgersPop

BurgersPop

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 10:22 PM

Maybe he can ACT his way off Exile Island by ACTING like he found the idol.

Then again, maybe he's just a 'fame-ho'.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 10:47 PM

He struck me as annoying and shallow. Not to mention lazy, if he couldn't even bother trying to figure out that "when the small island vanishes" part of the clue. And he's got some additionally interesting handicaps now.
He has to live on Exile Island.
He's out of the loop with his own tribe's machinations.
He's outed as the chicken thief, so he's earned the antipathy of the Asians.
His own tribe know he's been outed, so in the interests of expanding their aliance postmerge, they may choose to distance themselves from his action by voting him off.
Has he done any GOOD acting, or just over-reacting comedy goofs? because if what he's shown in the interviews is as good as he gets, good luck trying to pull strings with the other tribe members.

Jess219

Jess219

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 14, 2006 @ 11:16 PM

My mom and I spent half the show going "You know who he looks like? A fatter version of that guy on the Tea Leoni show." When I went to the bio pages at CBS I cracked the hell up. I doubt back then he thought he'd be adding "Chicken-thieving reality show contestant" to his resume. I hope he doesn't get kicked off too soon, because his being on there is entertaining me way more than it should.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 12:09 AM

He should have at least stolen from the Hispanic team. At least then he'd have the "I'm sorry; we all look alike," excuse to fall back on.
Can't be a big fan of the show, if he thought live chickens were the thing to load up on. "Yeah, sure, and then we'll just...take care of 'em for three days until we get fire!" Seriously, if you think fire is available, grab them and kill them. Cook them a few hours later, and spend your construction time worrying about neither chicken care nor alternate food sources. if you do NOT thnk fire is available, two chickens are not worth the trouble if you know you're only going to be there a few weeks.
However, grabbing a chicken is televisionworthy.
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: The famewhore was waiting for that question.

Race Birch

Race Birch

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 12:49 AM

I think this guy's gonna bother me down the road. I can just feel it. Maybe because I get a Terry vibe from him, and I still feel my Terry HATE. Maybe because I can feel the Terry arrogance, and I still feel my Terry arrogance HATE.

Or maybe because he looks so much like TAR7's Ray, and I still feel my Ray HATE.

chgumby

chgumby

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 1:06 AM

During Jonathan's first interview, my wife and I happened to be looking away from the TV (our kids had just gone to bed). Only hearing his voice, I wondered how Ray Romano made it on Survivor!

mnms

mnms

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 3:39 AM

Or maybe because he looks so much like TAR7's Ray, and I still feel my Ray HATE.

Hee! I said that in the episode thread shortly before you said it here! I kept waiting for Jonathan to tell someone to suck it up or say that he's not a bottom feeder.

SheSoUrban

SheSoUrban

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 8:53 AM

He was Frans fiancé that dumped her when she was working in a bridal shop in Flushing, Queens,
'Til her boyfriend kicked her out in one of those crushing scenes.
What was she to do? Where was she to go? She was out on her fanny...
So over the bridge from Flushing to the Sheffield's door.
She was there to sell make-up, but the father saw more.
She had style! She had flair! She was there.
That's how she became The Nanny!
And he was “HOT” in the Naked Truth

John RR

John RR

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 9:00 AM

He was on that Showtime series with Lynn Redgrave and Sheryl Fenn, wasn't he? I remember him taking his clothes off (all of them) and he had a perfect body.

Hard to believe that wasn't even ten years ago.

I think he's shifty and is too desperate in his efforts to get camera time.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

• Interests:Music, theater (musical but also other), reading

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 10:38 AM

I remember him taking his clothes off (all of them)

Yeah, Jonathan flashed the goods on the Sherilyn Fenn series Rude Awakening (hey, it's Showtime) and also in the movie Anarchy TV (sad but true, I am the sort of guy who knows this sort of stuff). I always enjoyed him, and certainly found him a recognizable and distinctive actor to spot. He's been in tons of stuff; there's no point pretending "he's really more of a writer" when you look at his IMDb page and the relative proportions of the two activities.

And Miss Alli reviewed him in The Last Supper in her now-resurrected movie review archive.

Edited by Rinaldo, Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:21 AM.

chezlinds

chezlinds

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:11 AM

Apparently, he also did Naked Aerobics on Anarchy TV.

He seems to like being in the buff. Can we expect some Richard Hatch-style naked olympics shenanigans?

horrified

horrified

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:39 AM

Only hearing his voice, I wondered how Ray Romano made it on Survivor!

Actually chgumby--I thought he sounded like Alan Alda (circa the M*A*S*H years)

Rocky Monoxide

Rocky Monoxide

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:45 AM

Now we know what happened to Fran Fine after "The Nanny" ended: her boyfriend came back and ate her.

So is Jonathan the token Pompous Ass this season, or what? And yeah, I get a little bit of a *shudder* Terry vibe off of him, too, although I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Like Terry, Only Not Good At Anything.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 1:35 PM

I hope when he's on Exile Island the crew all taunt him by eating chicken in front of him.

TrixieG

TrixieG

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 16, 2006 @ 12:33 AM

He was in tonight's Seinfeld episode. He's Zach, Elaine's heroin addicted fake boyfriend she made out with to avoid dancing in "The Bookstore". They had a nice bout of Skanko-Roman wrestling. I couldn't believe I recognized him right away. Must be the eyes.

Half Aussie

Half Aussie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2006 @ 4:45 PM

Apparently, he also did Naked Aerobics on Anarchy TV.

Oh my.

Edited by Half Aussie, Sep 16, 2006 @ 4:46 PM.