Billy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

119 replies to this topic

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 1:11 AM

I wonder if he's telling people the BQs have told him they love him.

Hee! It's possible, since Billy seems to like blond women, who are bitchy (although, I will defintely put the Beauty Queens over Candice, by a mile.)

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 3:00 AM

I met him. Nice guy. Did some speculating on the finale. He came in with his usual metal outfit...actually did a double take when I saw him. Can't wait to see him on the reunion next week.

MyEyesSee

MyEyesSee

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 10:48 AM

I, too, saw Billy at TARcon. I told him he was fun to watch, which he appreciated. Then I asked him if he was still going to ask Candice for a date. He said, "Naw, I'm just going to rag on her. Just kidding." Then we were interrupted. Oh well.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 11:23 AM

He talked about one line he wished had made it into the show: "We're stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no food and no shelter. But I can make a toilet!"

Canaduck

Canaduck

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 12:47 PM

Thanks, TarCON-goers!

tashiann11

tashiann11

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 3:09 PM

I too thank you all for posting that.

I really hope that Billy is working on some sort of pithy response for when he is asked about it on the reunion show for his own sake; but that may be asking too much.

Frenchteacher

Frenchteacher

Fanatic

• Interests:Amazing Race, Survivor, Jeopardy, country music & dancing, CMT, GAC, travel, languages

Posted Dec 11, 2006 @ 8:26 PM

I met Billy, too. He was the nicest. And I can't believe he wore his Survivor metal drag. More power to him. Uh, I guess. I did not ask him about Candice. Heh.

spacecitymarc

spacecitymarc

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 10:27 AM

[duplicated from the TARcon thread]

Billy talked about his thoughts on the race-war gimmick of the current season at TARcon. He said that while he eventually picked up on it before it was officially explained, his first thought was that it was actually Celebrity Survivor. He recognized Jonathan from his movies (especially Down Periscope), Sundra from her acting work, Sekou from playing with Luther Vandross, Parvati from her boxing DVDs (which he owns, and he said that it's not real boxing, more like "[punch] Oh, there goes my top!") and Ozzy from his Playboy video. Billy was especially amused by the latter, since his band used to play that DVD as a part of its shows. But with all of that and his own thought of, "Well, I'm in a band, so I guess I'm kind of halfway famous," he intially thought that that was going to be this season's concept.

Incidentally, he also recommended that anybody interested in trying out for Survivor go to an open call, rather than make an audition video. His argument was that it's much easier to give the producers what they're looking for when you're being coached on the sidelines and answering the questions being lobbed at you, rather than turning a video camera on yourself and hoping for the best.

Buddy Deeds

Buddy Deeds

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 11:23 AM

He recognized Jonathan from his movies (especially Down Periscope), Sundra from her acting work, Sekou from playing with Luther Vandross, Parvati from her boxing DVDs (which he owns, and he said that it's not real boxing, more like "[punch] Oh, there goes my top!") and Ozzy from his Playboy video.

I'm calling BS on this one. I'll buy Jonathan and maybe one random other one, but no way he recognized all five of them.

Half Aussie

Half Aussie

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 11:33 AM

...he said that it's not real boxing, more like "[punch] Oh, there goes my top!"

Holy crap! I love Billy!

va32h

va32h

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 11:41 AM

I'm calling BS on this one. I'll buy Jonathan and maybe one random other one, but no way he recognized all five of them.

I have to agree. Ozzy's Foursome episode is not that old (I'm thinking last year, since he says in the video that he's - ahem- eager to get on with the show - because he's been alone, camping or something for 5 months, and his CBS bio says he spent five months hiking from Panama to the US in 2005.

And eagle-eyed Ozzy fans can testify that no, it is not available on DVD. So either Billy just happens to DVR every episode of Foursome, or he's lying.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 1:25 PM

I have to say, he might have been exaggerating, but it had the ring of truth, to me. He talked about having looked at Cao Boi and wondered whether he was, like, an Asian rock star. He said that he wondered whether he was culturally ignorant because he didn't recognize any of the Asian people. I believed it, for the most part.

MelissaLopez

MelissaLopez

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 1:32 PM

Yup, I agree with you. Another of Billy's delusions probably.....

Hey Zeus

Hey Zeus

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 1:48 PM

If this were indeed "Celebrity Survivor" as sad, delusional Billy mused, American popular culture would be in a truly sorry state.

He qualified himself as previously "halfway" famous because he's in a band, I'd like to hear his fantasies of how he recognised the other dozen or so participants and their claim to fame.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 2:01 PM

Well, you should understand that in retrospect, he was telling it as a funny story, not a story of how brilliant he was. He was basically saying he saw a few people he recognized, and then Cristina said she had been on a makeover show, and then he wondered whether everyone was some kind of an industry person. We all talked early in the season about the high number of people who had been actors or on television or were associated with television. It's not the craziest theory I ever heard of. They've never had an actor on the show who anyone would be expected to instantly recognize before. I don't blame him for wondering whether that was part of some kind of a gimmick.

spacecitymarc

spacecitymarc

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 2:50 PM

Either that or Wing Chun set it up as a cleverly disguised Asterisk. After all...

Miss Alli: I have to say, he might have been exaggerating, but it had the ring of truth, to me.

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

• Interests:binder clips (large), Body Pump (minus lunges), coffee, the color wheel, crafting, crosswords, design, diet soda, DIY, Edward Gorey, Google Reader, elliptical machines, ephemera, exfoliation, Hello Kitty, the hot glue gun, kawaii, kittens (most especially Zooey Grace), Locks of Love, Martha Stewart, McSweeney’s, Milton Glaser, mockery, naps, Readymade, Scrabble, silhouettes, sushi, This American Life, TV, TWoP, Urban Decay, worry dolls, writing, yarn, yoga, 42, '80s night

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 5:18 PM

I really hope that Billy is working on some sort of pithy response for when he is asked about it on the reunion show for his own sake; but that may be asking too much.

I kind of agree, but I also think that of he is working on something, it'll come out ten times as awkward and groan-worthy than if he got caught of guard and mumbled some shy, humbled response. ... So this has the potential to be hilarifying.

rlangmit

rlangmit

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 12:49 AM

I also talked to Billy at TARcon--really my only substantial conversation with a reality star. As mentioned, he was extremely friendly and very willing to talk about the show. You could tell he was a real Survivor fan, because he made detailed references to past seasons. He said no one else on original Aitu had ever watched the show, so they didn't understand things like "don't throw challenges." He said that when he saw how the tribes were split, he knew he was done and basically told Jeff and Mark that (something about West Coast vs. East Coast...).

He still seems to have a grudge against Ozzy, since when I praised Ozzy's challenge performance, he heavily implied that Yul is letting Ozzy look better (even win?) in the challenges for some reason...um, OK. My sister asked about him about the Candace thing, and he said it was all a joke. It's been way too long since the ep, and TARcon is a bit fuzzy, but there was something else from that Tribal Council that he mentioned as being just a joke too. I guess he knew he was doomed and was just messing around...it was not entirely clear. (And of course, probably half spin.) He had bad things to say about Candace that I won't repeat...I was surprised to hear that she had been flirting heavily with Jonathan too early on. It was apparently edited out.

Other tidbits: Jeff apparently is a "good actor" who knows everything that's going on but pretends to act surprised (which contradicts what I've heard about him trying not to know things before TC). Sequesterville (do we call it that here?) was in Australia. They had private apartments and did things like horseback riding, if I recall correctly. And he had some interesting speculation on the final contestants and the jury/finalists numbering issue, but I don't really want to wade into the Spoilers thread to post it.

Anyway, I am really appreciative that he talked to us for so long. It was lots of fun.

Canaduck

Canaduck

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 12:59 AM

Very interesting, rlangmit. Thank you!

He had bad things to say about Candace that I won't repeat...I was surprised to hear that she had been flirting heavily with Jonathan too early on. It was apparently edited out.

Ew! How could she? He's old enough to be her father AND he's married. I sure hope he ignored her.

Mind you, it could also be some manufactured payback from the lover scorned since I'm not at all convinced that Billy was just fooling around regarding his love for Candice.

hypertwink

hypertwink

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 1:10 AM

Look, see him spin.

He may be a nice person but it's obvious he's trying to make that deranged proposal look innocuous and make himself look better.

Meancat

Meancat

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 1:16 AM

He still seems to have a grudge against Ozzy, since when I praised Ozzy's challenge performance, he heavily implied that Yul is letting Ozzy look better (even win?) in the challenges for some reason...um, OK.

You know, I thought it was odd that Ozzy, who is amazingly athletic, was winning all the water challenges since Yul played varsity water polo, which is a really rigorous, high endurance, high agility sport. Perhaps it served Yul's advantage to have Ozzy win immunity if Yul already had the idol? One, it takes the focus off Yul as a target, while still keeping immunity advantages at Aitu. Someone who's keeping better track of immunity wins might know this.

Half Aussie

Half Aussie

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 1:24 AM

He had bad things to say about Candace that I won't repeat...I was surprised to hear that she had been flirting heavily with Jonathan too early on. It was apparently edited out.

...How would he know this? Billy wasn't part of the merge so he never got to see Candice and Jonathan together except at the two challenges. Unless Candice was saying "Jonathan, you are so stong! You make my heart atwitter!" then I don't know how Billy would know that she was shamelessly flirting with Jonathan. Candice may be a bitch, but I don't think she would sink low enough to hit on a man twice her age who is married with two kids. I don't think Jonathan would have stood for it either.

Billy is a man scorned.

jazzjunkie

jazzjunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 1:25 AM

I'm not sure this is 100% spin. There was one bit in an early ep (not sure which) that had Jonathan washing Candice's back. It was... odd, and made me do a double-take. I'm sure it was innocent on Jonathan's side, but it's possible that Candice thought she might get somewhere strategically by flirting with Jonathan.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 1:30 AM

I believe Billy was telling the truth about knowing who some of the players were. Then again, if he saw Parvati ("Oops, there goes my top!") and Ozzy (in certain movies), then I think we've gotten too good a look at his viewing habits.

Simon Williams

Simon Williams

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 1:41 AM

e had bad things to say about Candace that I won't repeat...I was surprised to hear that she had been flirting heavily with Jonathan too early on. It was apparently edited out.

I don't believe that. For one thing, she never flirted heavily with Billy, so what he might consider flirting might be Candice making eye contact with Jonathan. For another, Jonathan is very happily married and if Candice was flirting with him I don't think he would have considered her an ally, I think he would have been very put off and not been so loyal to her.

rlangmit

rlangmit

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 2:11 AM

For one thing, she never flirted heavily with Billy, so what he might consider flirting might be Candice making eye contact with Jonathan.

Oh, I would totally believe that. Please note that "flirted heavily" are my words, not Billy's, and his interpretation post-Survivor may be exaggerated. If he was burned by Candice, he may look back at all of her behavior and think of it as all somewhat inappropriately flirty, especially after seeing all the recent episodes on TV. As for how he noticed if they never shared a tribe, it's possible he heard it from others after he was voted out. Who knows...it seems to all have a grain of truth, mixed with some spin and some general reinterpretation after the fact and seeing the post-boot episodes of the show.

The thing I actually bought the least was the Yul letting Ozzy win thing, because that is just too stupid for Yul, even with the idol. But that is probably entirely his personal opinion brought on from watching the challenges on TV with negative feelings against Ozzy still lingering.

The one thing I forgot: Billy said he was closest to, I think, Cecilia, JP, Cao Boi, and Flicka during the rest of their stay. (Maybe Flicka brought him some old Raro/new Aitu gossip?) And with that, I've exhausted my memory of Billy tidbits.

Flop Eared Mule

Flop Eared Mule

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 2:43 AM

Being an Aussie and all, I'm curious to know where in Australia Loser Lodge was situated? Did he say?

Perhaps They Were Among Us and I had no idea! I'm all giddy at the thought.

casey22

casey22

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 7:36 AM

This could only have come from Flicka. She reminds me of one of those Mean Girls who live to gossip about others. Looks like she spent alot of time at LL cutting people down. I'm not even saying it isn't true but why bring it up now? Just like she talked about the three Candice/Adumb and Poverty. There is no point to bring it up other than being gossipy and petty.

Jer2002

Jer2002

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 3:19 PM

Being an Aussie and all, I'm curious to know where in Australia Loser Lodge was situated? Did he say?

Several groups of TARconners went to the 24 hour diner at The New Yorker hotel afterwards and Billy was there. He did say where they were but I don't remember. Damn alcohol! Sorry!

Half Aussie

Half Aussie

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2006 @ 3:30 PM

Considering that I'm, uh, Half Aussie and that I was in Australia at the time this season was being shot, I kind of want to know too.