The Real World

• Please log in to reply

24574 replies to this topic

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 10:54 PM

Well, that season happened. Aside from Arielle and her Ashley, it was a trainwreck. And I'm sure that more than Corey will be on a future Challenge. I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced onto their own team to compete against the veterans.

helloagain

helloagain

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 9:29 AM

I caught some of this last night, but as I am seemingly wont to do these days, I feel asleep during a commercial.  I did dvr though so I can go back and watch what I missed.

Thomas said he and Jamie got in to an argument about her and (Arielle's) Ashley kissing.  He said they agreed early on that kissing someone else is cheating.  I somewhat agree but I think there is a fine line about girls making out with each other (because some guys think it's hot) vs it being cheating. But if they agreed that kissing someone else cheating, I guess she's cheater. 

When Jay was asked if he and Jenna were still together, he said something like, no BUT I'D LIKE TO BE, or something similar.  He's a tool. Good for her for wising up and telling him to kick rocks. 

kira28

kira28

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:27 AM

I thought all of the girls looked better at the reunion than they did on the show with the exception of Jenny and Jamie. Jamie looks the same IMO and Jenny looks SO much better without red lipstick. She is gorgeous when she looks natural with very little makeup. Was sad to hear that she and Brian are back together.  Happy to hear that Jenna kicked Jay to the curb though! She said that she met someone else and realized she could have someone who treated her so much better (or something like that) so I bet Jay lost out for good. Thats what he gets for being such a loser and cheating on her all the time.  WTH was up with Jamie hating on Ashley? I know Ashley was only in the house for maybe two days lol but Jamie acted like she slept with Tom or something. Jamie has no room to talk about how someone (ashley acted trashy)  Jamie was the one person in the house who didn't have to deal with an ex being there and yet she STILL acted crazy all of the time. Mostly over Tom- don't look at her, don't touch her, don't talk to her, very clingy and whiny and insecure while sticking her nose into everyone else's business. And she and Tom talked about how great their relationship is now but those fights they showed where he was calling her a bitch.. wow. She had no room to talk to Jenna about not respecting herself.

sunrisepink

sunrisepink

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:58 AM

The one thing that struck me about the reunion is that the "OG" roommates all had a serious problem with the exes getting more camera time than them. During the season they made it seem like it was just annoying to have to live with the exes and deal with all their drama..I had no idea that they were so conscious of the filming aspect of it all. Especially Jamie saying she always had to accept that it was Cameron getting all the attention for being a musician.

jet77

jet77

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 2:40 PM

The one thing that struck me about the reunion is that the "OG" roommates all had a serious problem with the exes getting more camera time than them. During the season they made it seem like it was just annoying to have to live with the exes and deal with all their drama..I had no idea that they were so conscious of the filming aspect of it all. Especially Jamie saying she always had to accept that it was Cameron getting all the attention for being a musician.

This is no surprise here. I mean, anybody who has ever been on this show has been an attention whore who probably doesn't want another cast member stealing his or her camera time and/or 15 minutes of fame. But yes, I thought it was interesting that Jamie mentioned attention as the reason she didn't want Cameron to be on the show. I assumed her reasoning for not wanting him on the show was that their relationship ended badly or he treated her poorly.

She had no room to talk to Jenna about not respecting herself.

Exactly. Just because Jamie aggressively vocalizes her feelings doesn't make her any more insecure in her relationship with Tom than Jenna used to be with Jay. Jenna, at least, had the common sense to leave her tool after he continued doing the same shit. I hate Tom and how the others thought it was sweet how he apologized for calling Jamie a "bitch." If he was any kind of gentleman at all, he would've never said those words in the first place. And even though Jamie says their relationship is good right now, you know damn well once Tom talks to another woman, Jamie's insecurity will resurface and jealousy will loom. They both seem to get easily offended by each others actions. That seems to be the pattern in their relationship. I don't see how they get past that, and I'm not pulling for them. And I'm not pulling for Brian and Jenny either. Yes, there's a lot of love there. And I like them as individuals. They're just too dysfunctional together. I'm pretty sure Cory and Jenny hooked up again in LA, and I was surprised that they're no longer friends.

Arielle and Ashley need to get married, but I don't see any of the other relationships working. I hope I never have to see Smashley again. She's so vile.

Edited by jet77, Apr 10, 2014 @ 4:11 PM.