Funkybeat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

Ew, Eugena's face is really unpretty.

talulu

talulu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2007 @ 1:26 AM

When I first saw her on the show, she had bad skin and bad hair. And she was talking badly about other ANTM prior cycle contestants. I thought she was coo coo and had to go.

But her skin and hair look better now. She actually has a pleasant feminine expression. Now I'd say she is one of the stronger of her cycle.

Thanks for posting those pics Computer person

MuShu

MuShu

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2007 @ 5:23 PM

I have no problem with cross-dressing, but doesn't poor T.O. know he'll take heat from his teammates for this?

Oh, carry on. It's just Eugena.

My Friend Goo

My Friend Goo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2007 @ 5:39 PM

Now I'd say she is one of the stronger of her cycle.

I don't think that is saying much. :P

I had totally forgotten that she slammed the C6 girls for being "generic and boring" (ironic, considering that she ended up in one of the dullest cycles yet). There's absolutely nothing unique about Eugena and she was horrible on the show. Even though I will congratulate her post-show efforts, many of her test shots are lackluster.

If she could look like this all the time she'd be set.

ecb220

ecb220

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 23, 2007 @ 3:49 PM

I was in Times Square last night (I had family in town that wanted to "see the lights") and damn if one of Eugena's huge ads isn't plastered on the side of a building. I would go back and link to the one that it was, but I'm too lazy.

acetylenevirgin

acetylenevirgin

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2007 @ 9:23 AM

I think those shots of Eugena are gorgeous and I'm glad to see she's gotten so many jobs post-ANTM. Good job, Eugena!

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2007 @ 7:40 PM

Here are some polaroids that were posted to FORT. I think Eugena should ixnay the bangs.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Edited to add a missing word.

Edited by C0mputerGeek, Apr 28, 2007 @ 2:22 AM.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

I think Eugena ixnay the bangs.

In theory, I'd think bangs would really work well on Eugena, considering her forehead a bit large, and that was where the concentration of her acne was. However, in practice? They make her look very masculine and pedestrian. Not a good look.

Edited by Oholibamah, Apr 27, 2007 @ 9:08 PM.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2007 @ 11:08 PM

April bangs are a no-no. She needs the side-swept kind... if any.

Edited by nicenessness, Apr 27, 2007 @ 11:08 PM.

LolaRuns

LolaRuns

Stalker

Posted Apr 28, 2007 @ 1:02 AM

I was in Times Square last night (I had family in town that wanted to "see the lights") and damn if one of Eugena's huge ads isn't plastered on the side of a building. I would go back and link to the one that it was, but I'm too lazy.

I believe that officially makes her the most successfull hamster of her cycle (again, that's not saying much) so far.

charmena

charmena

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2007 @ 1:18 AM

I had faith in Eugena all along! She's definitely got that strong, gritty look that most of the real working models nowadays have.

Haute

Haute

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2007 @ 8:58 PM

I'm not a huge Eugena fan, but I'll admit I liked some of her South Pole ads.

Bangs are not a good look for her

And is it just me or do her legs look bent in the last picture?

Half Baked

Half Baked

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 1:34 AM

Eugena's Times Square South Pole Ad. Posted at the FORT:

http://i11.tinypic.com/44bt6pd.jpg

Edited by Half Baked, Apr 29, 2007 @ 1:37 AM.

farmerow

farmerow

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 2:36 AM

Eugena's Times Square South Pole Ad. Posted at the FORT:

http://i11.tinypic.com/44bt6pd.jpg

WORK IT OUT, GURL. I knew Tyra was playing you.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted May 12, 2007 @ 9:15 PM

Read this on FORT, but I do not have any photos:
1. Eugenia has a new Southpole Ad in the June issue of Seventeen Magazine
2. While airing segments on the Kevan Hill Show for Fashion Week FW 07, Fashion TV LA showed Eugena backstage getting her makeup done.

Black Sheep

Black Sheep

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 2:30 AM

WOW. That ad is mega-hot. Where the SHIT was this girl in cycle 7?! Then again, maybe the make-up and hair they gave her did her no favors... or maybe she had to learn. Or both.

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 10:24 AM

WOW. That ad is mega-hot. Where the SHIT was this girl in cycle 7?! Then again, maybe the make-up and hair they gave her did her no favors... or maybe she had to learn. Or both.

This girl was carried through to the final 3 by Tyra to teach us all a lesson about badmouthing her show. Eugena was the one who said something like Top Model is easy and anyone could do it, as well as how she was better than all the girls from the previous cycle(s). Therefore, Tyra picked poor photos of the girl to break her down in an effort to build her in the mold of Top Model, but you cannot badmouth Lady TyTy and win this show. It will never happen. Like how if they ever do a co-ed Top Model and I make it into the house, I'm going to be given the no personality edit on the show while all they say at panel is "OMG you are so damn fat. Damn, look at you, fatty mcfatson. Eat a salad. Then again, you make me look skinny by comparison, so here's your photo and a donut. Fatty." Or they will suddenly realize that I'm too short to model once we get overseas and cut me. Of course I exaggerate, but Tyra does not take well to people who question her fiercitude, and Eugena did just that. She can model circles around most of the contestants (outside of Elyse and other working models), plus she has a look that works really well for the hip-hop style ads (South Pole, Baby Phat, all those brands).

In other words, I love this bitch so much.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 11:09 AM

What did Eugena say about Tyra? I remember during cycle 7 casting she said something about how the cycle 6 girls were boring, but that's all I remember.

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2007 @ 6:43 PM

What did Eugena say about Tyra? I remember during cycle 7 casting she said something about how the cycle 6 girls were boring, but that's all I remember.

That's exactly what I was referring to. By insulting the Cycle 6 girls, she insulted Tyra's whole show, and had to be taught an appropriate lesson. Of course, this is based on speculation, since I Have no proof that Tyra is a vindictive bitch (well, except that Naomi Campbell episode of the Tyra Show), but Tyra loves to give girls their comeuppance for perceived indescretions. You know, Jaela thinks she's the prettiest girl in school, so we are going to chop off all her hair. What was that you said Ashley? You have the pretty gene. I'll just cut you no matter what since pretty does not a model make. Oh, Tocarra? What was that? You aren't going to act like a stereotypical jolly fat person? Not on my show. The list could obviously go on.

Of course, Tyra "hand picked" Eugena and even "watched her whole tape", so clearly Tyra used her years of experience to singlehandidly choose Eugena and provide her with all the skills she needed to take such fierce photos after the show. Of course.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2007 @ 8:13 AM

I guess your conspiracy theory makes sense...in theory. Personally I just think that for the most part the cycle 7 shoots were just not condusive to Eugena's field of talent. Most of them would have been high fashion editorial stuff (if they weren't so over the top campy). However if they had put her in a bikini for a seventeen shoot or some other hip hop commerical type of ad like the South Pole ads, she would have done the best. I just think she was very unlucky in the types of shots they gave her.

My Friend Goo

My Friend Goo

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2007 @ 8:34 AM

Tyra is being given too much credit IMO. I really think Eugena just sucked and the photoshoots of C7 sucked. A lot of her post-show pics look better because, frankly, they are better than wearing a beak or flying in space. However, she still has the same dead eyes in many of her test shots as she did on the show.

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2007 @ 10:52 PM

Tyra is being given too much credit IMO. I really think Eugena just sucked and the photoshoots of C7 sucked. A lot of her post-show pics look better because, frankly, they are better than wearing a beak or flying in space. However, she still has the same dead eyes in many of her test shots as she did on the show.

Tyra can never be given too much credit, for she is the alpha and the omega of modeling don't you know. This one time, she had to appear on a reality show without having her normal breakfast of a three egg omelet with bacon and a freshly squeezed glass of model tears and she still managed to get Ms. Jay to form a complete sentence on camera.

But seriously, Eugena does have dead eyes. And that's ok, since her dead eyes are actually pretty balanced out by her facial features, and give her a bit of edge, which is helping her to book work. It's definetly a look that can work in the right scenario. The photo shoots last cycle were pretty darn awful, but I doubt Eugena would have fared any better in a swimsuit or filming a rap video than she did flying in space or posing for a fake book cover. Eugena's sort of a page-filler model: nothing technically wrong with her (tall enough, thin enough, good looking enough, personable enough, capable of walking without falling on her ass enough), but nothing particularly special either. Great for catalog work and some smaller runway, not so much Top Model material.

Nell Huxleigh

Nell Huxleigh

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 1:43 AM

Every girl with very dark eyes is going to be accused of having dead eyes. No girls with light eyes have the problem because the photographs pick up the contrast between the skin, eyes, and pupils.

I totally think that Tyra doesn't always pick the best shots for certain girls. ... I'd feel a lot more comfortable if the show demonstrated like 5 unairbrushed shots before the big reveal of the "best shot." It would work even to quickly show what Tyra is talking about when she talks about the rolls, because now its suspicious.

Tyra doesn't like any girl who is particularly well-spoken and reserved, which seemed like Eugena. I thought it was pretty obvious that Eugena was very pretty and model-y in her season, despite the sometimes dismal show pictures.

My Friend Goo

My Friend Goo

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 3:26 AM

Every girl with very dark eyes is going to be accused of having dead eyes. No girls with light eyes have the problem because the photographs pick up the contrast between the skin, eyes, and pupils.

I disagree. Both Ann and Kim had dead eyes in most of their pictures on the show, imo. However, I should probably have said "dead face" because it's not just the eyes, but the entire expression -- there's nothing there. She doesn't particularly have that blank expression in her WWD pics or the South Pole ads, but here and here for example she looks particularly lifeless. Maybe that's what they were going for, but I've seen it from her before.

Revive

Revive

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 7:20 AM

I can't imagine that her pictures could turn out that well if she had to balance on a wobbly runway in heels, be fierce in a wind tunnel, or lay on a couch next to Fabio. Seriously? I know that this falls under the category of "you make excuses!!!" and crap, but come on. Some of the photoshoots are unrealistic and difficult, so sometimes I can't blame the girls for how they turn out (e.g. Lluvy's Pisces).

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 11:46 AM

Can it be that the director of the shoot actually wants the models to look a little "dead" and blank? The other models with her don't look too alive either. Why would the photog take the picture and use that particular frame if they didn't like it? Maybe that's just the feel that they were going for.

charmena

charmena

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2007 @ 3:14 PM

Some of the photoshoots are unrealistic and difficult, so sometimes I can't blame the girls for how they turn out (e.g. Lluvy's Pisces).

Definitely. And it seems like the girls who really excel at these ridiculous photoshoots are the actress types and the comedic/campy types: Caridee, Joanie, Brittany, and Melrose the drama queen. The only consistent exception I can really think of would be Michelle from cycle 7.

And before anyone says Elyse or somebody-- the photoshoots from cycles 1-4 weren't nearly (or consistently) as ridiculous and out there as those from 5-8.

Edited by charmena, May 16, 2007 @ 3:28 PM.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 10:16 AM

Well I'd change that to cycles 1-3. Cycle 4 started off with stupidity right from the get go.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 6:57 PM

Agreed and the Walmart walk off. Priceless. This is the only cycle where I always blank out when trying to remember the winner...Naima.

23 Skiddoo

23 Skiddoo

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2007 @ 7:30 PM

Snaps for Eugena! I feel validated in having her as one of my favorites since the pre-season photos.