S1: Jay McCarroll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

190 replies to this topic

LintTrapperJohn

LintTrapperJohn

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2008 @ 9:28 AM

I was reading at the Craft zine blog that Jay is now designing fabric for some company called Free Spirit, I really love it.
Garden Friends Collection

He also has one called Woodland Wonderland.

Edited by LintTrapperJohn, Oct 25, 2008 @ 9:32 AM.

kae71463

kae71463

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 22, 2009 @ 10:30 PM

Jay is joining the next season of Celebrity Fit Club
http://www.etonline....ebrity-fit-club

Gardel

Gardel

Fanatic

• Interests:Psychiatry(doh!)<br />Knitting<br />Tv(doh!)

Posted Nov 21, 2009 @ 11:55 AM

Hah! Awesome.

I had completely forgotten about Celebrity Fit Club, but I might watch it just for Jay.

When does it premiere?

raisinthesun

raisinthesun

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 8, 2010 @ 9:20 PM

Hey dudes, don't forget that Jay is going to be on Celebrity Fit Club tonight on VH1 at 9pm. Actually its on right now; so far its ok but its so weird seeing Jay doing this. Actually its kinda sad, he is such a talented designer why is he here?

duandsku

duandsku

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2010 @ 3:55 PM

I wish Kevin Smith would go to Celebrity Fit Club. If he lost weight and gained more energy, he would probably go back to actually putting effort into his films like he did with Clerks and Chasing Amy.

Maybe Jay McCarroll is the same way. If Christian can put out two collections a year, what's holding Jay back outside of his own apathy?

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Mar 15, 2010 @ 9:59 PM

Actually its kinda sad, he is such a talented designer why is he here?

I believe him when he says he worries about getting diabetes and being as unhealthy as his dad. Maybe he thought "here's my best chance"

SPOILER if you don't want any info on Jay on CFC

Edited by CrumbyButtons, Mar 15, 2010 @ 10:00 PM.

IttyBittyFlavur

IttyBittyFlavur

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2010 @ 11:02 AM

what's holding Jay back outside of his own apathy?

He talks about it in the interview linked above, but essentially, he's not all that interested in the fashion industry.

sweetcookieface

sweetcookieface

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2010 @ 9:59 PM

I'm re-watching Season 1, and am just astonished at how many times Jay came in 2nd (I think every challenge but two?). I definitely think he was robbed for the Banana challenge (his Chrysler-inspired dress is one of the best designs of any season), but I can understand why the judges decided to award the win to the dress that would be easier to mass produce. But one thing I didn't really notice until now is how striking his Grammy entry was. It really was a preview of all the unique textures, layering, and color schemes he employed in his final collection. Sure, his fishtail skirt did get love from the judges, but they couldn't get past the supposedly matronly top (which I didn't get). How they awarded the win to Wendy's orange abomination over Jay's outfit is one of the biggest WTFs in any season (damn you, Nancy O'Dell!). I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things since Jay went on to win, but I'm still outraged!

IttyBittyFlavur

IttyBittyFlavur

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 10:45 AM

Jay showed a collection at Islands of the World Fashion Week, as reported by Project Rungay.

Chaotic Blue

Chaotic Blue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 24, 2011 @ 12:28 PM

Awesome collection. I'm impressed with Jay. I actually want to buy some of it. Anyone knows if it's possible, especially from a country that isn't US?

Professor Gee

Professor Gee

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 7:34 PM

The best part of season 1 is the fact that Jay McCarroll is eminently quotable. He's completely original. I love how he says that cigarettes save him. "They should call these packs of saviors. Hilarious!