Live Coverage: The Nine in the Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

106 replies to this topic

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Aug 26, 2006 @ 9:57 AM

Here's the thread for all media mentions of The Nine.

Let's start with the Futon Critic positive review of the show (warning it's a little spoilery).

Have at it. :)

sweetjane

sweetjane

Fanatic

• Interests:Took my money,<br />I couldn't buy nothin'<br />I'm sick of this brave new world<br />And my whole life was like a picture of a sunny day

Posted Aug 27, 2006 @ 4:03 AM

Well, here is a nice IGN interview with Kim Raver from the TCA press tour in July, where she talks about her characters in both The Nine and 24. (If I'm not mistaken, the author is a TwoPper who goes by ashfett and he's done a lot of particularly good in-depth coverage for Veronica Mars.) I would say it is only mildly spoilerish at best (along with some speculation about Audrey on 24). She mostly talks about getting into her characters, how she feels about them, and why she took the role. It's pretty interesting.

The character of Audrey is not terribly popular on the 24 boards, but I thought Kim Raver was excellent in the past season. She seems nice and friendly in interviews and cast appearances.

And taken from the old thread, here is Matt Roush's positive first impression of The Nine. He has mentioned it in his column several other times as being one of his favorite new shows of the season.

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Aug 28, 2006 @ 12:16 PM

TV Guide Emmy after party interview of Scott Wolf, Jessica Collins and Kim Raver

Edited by innamorata, Aug 28, 2006 @ 12:19 PM.

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Aug 29, 2006 @ 5:15 PM

Little blurb from Matt Roush of tv guide:

The Nine is one of my fave pilots of the new season so far. Kidnapped has an excellent cast that somewhat overcomes an awfully familiar setup. I'll need to see more of that (and of Vanished, which has a more compelling story but a weaker cast) before making a final call, although, as I said, I'm already hooked on The Nine.

Volko

Volko

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 30, 2006 @ 7:21 AM

I saw the nine screener and I agree with Matt Roush its one of my favourite pilots of pretty much all new shows. I am hooked on The Nine.

TheNorth

TheNorth

Couch Potato

• Interests:So glad the writers strike is finally over! I have to admit that reality tv is my weakness. When I am not working at my new Marketing/ Pr job I devoted an obscene amount of time to watching TV/ reading about TV/ talking about TV...

Posted Sep 5, 2006 @ 11:44 AM

I saw that there is going to be a special aried on ABC about all their new drama shows, including The Nine. It's going to be on September 13th at 9pm EST. Hopefully, they will let some spoilers through about what the show has in store fur us!

PoiPounder

PoiPounder

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2006 @ 1:51 PM

USA Today ranked the top 10 new series of the season. In rank order:

#1 The Nine (ABC) "It takes good actors to make this mix of high-concept serial and relationship drama work, and Nine has put together one of the year's best dramatic ensembles..."

10 to watch

It's also TV Guide's pick for Best New Drama

Edited by PoiPounder, Sep 6, 2006 @ 3:48 PM.

TheNorth

TheNorth

Couch Potato

• Interests:So glad the writers strike is finally over! I have to admit that reality tv is my weakness. When I am not working at my new Marketing/ Pr job I devoted an obscene amount of time to watching TV/ reading about TV/ talking about TV...

Posted Sep 6, 2006 @ 3:12 PM

Ohhh!! I wonder what the twist at the end of the first show will be!! That sounds intense!! It is so great that the show is getting some good press!

PoiPounder

PoiPounder

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2006 @ 3:55 PM

From EW

Best New Show: The Nine (ABC)

EW's Top New Pick for Wednesday Night's

Edited by PoiPounder, Sep 6, 2006 @ 4:03 PM.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Sep 6, 2006 @ 8:20 PM

The second link is formatted incorrectly. Here it is: EW's Top New Pick for Wednesday Nights

ray254

ray254

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 7, 2006 @ 12:12 PM

ABC has a couple of official sites
Medianet
Only the know
I like the only they know site and I believe it will be updated once the season starts and possibly used like the web sites ABC put out for Lost last season.

TheNorth

TheNorth

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2006 @ 4:21 PM

I heard about this site! It IS supposed to be updated weekly, and it seems like it's going to be very similar to that of Lost's. So, I think it will be a great tool once the show starts, especially if you are very curious to know what happened to the characters!!

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Sep 7, 2006 @ 9:18 PM

Bottom Line: You won't want to escape this one. from eonline.

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Sep 11, 2006 @ 2:32 PM

Short review from TV Squad.

And another.

TheNorth

TheNorth

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2006 @ 1:26 PM

ABC is doing a special intro by using their primetime talent during daytime TV. The Nine's Scott Wolf & Kim Raver are going to be saying a little about their show and also introducing the daytime show on Wednesday, Oct. 4th (the dame day their show premieres)!

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Sep 12, 2006 @ 8:31 PM

From TV guide:

The Nine: I think I'm the only one in the office who wasn't completely blown away by this episode. This happened to me last season when everyone was in love with Invasion and I didn't get it. I thought it was good, and it has a great cast, including Scott Wolf and his dimples, but it didn't rock my world. Again, I seem to be alone in this assessment, so maybe a second episode will change my mind.

I've never bothered to watch Invasion but it's a pretty big thing to mistake Cibrian for Wolf, don't you think?

angiebee

angiebee

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2006 @ 1:47 AM

I've never bothered to watch Invasion but it's a pretty big thing to mistake Cibrian for Wolf, don't you think?

Ouch! What was the reviewer thinking.

I'm not listening to anything TV Guide has to say. I couldn't even get past the premiere of "Invasion". I saw the pilot for The Nine, it's fantastic. People will not be disappointed..I hope :)

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Sep 13, 2006 @ 3:57 AM

Reading the blurb again I want to think she got it right but the wording or the construction/order of her sentences leaves room for faulty interpretation like mine.
She starts with The Nine and then goes with her Invasion parallel and finally she gets back to The Nine but the "again" had me confused. At first read I thought it was a continuation of the Invasion thing but she's probably just going back to her first sentence.

All this to say that I need to learn English badly.

Anyhoo, I loved the pilot and this show is the one I look forward to the most (well, new show wise, BSG is still my "I'm dying for it to start again" show).

I'll go learn English now.

TheNorth

TheNorth

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2006 @ 12:24 PM

From what I can read she briefly talks about Invasion but then goes straight back to talking about The Nine. Also, you have to give it ot her that she is going to give the show a second shot, so she must have liked it somewhat. I bet she will be a believer in no time! You just can't not be with a great show like this!!

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2006 @ 2:11 AM

The person wasn't directly comparing The Nine to Invasion, they were just using Invasion as an example of something that everyone else being very high and raving about it while she wasn't. I can relate because I feel the same way about The Nine and Invasion.

This person pretty much sums up how I feel about the show.

Reading the blurb again I want to think she got it right but the wording or the construction/order of her sentences leaves room for faulty interpretation like mine.
She starts with The Nine and then goes with her Invasion parallel and finally she gets back to The Nine but the "again" had me confused. At first read I thought it was a continuation of the Invasion thing but she's probably just going back to her first sentence.

Yeah this is what I thought too.

Edited by jayseyfield, Sep 16, 2006 @ 2:21 AM.

TheNorth

TheNorth

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2006 @ 10:17 AM

But it seems like the person who originally wrote the aritcle was going to give the show a try just because their friends had liked it so much. You should really do the same thing bc it really is worth watching, and it can't be that everyone else is wrong about a show can they? It just seems more likely that you may not have been convinced by what you saw so far.

ray254

ray254

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 19, 2006 @ 3:18 PM

A little backround on the idea of the nine and a favorable review
article

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Sep 19, 2006 @ 7:29 PM

The show has drawn some strong early reviews, with USA Today and TV Guide placing it atop their rankings of new fall series. "Well, it's fantastic, I love it," actor Tim Daly ("Wings") said of the reviews. But, he added, "actually, the show that I did a year and a half ago, `Eyes,' got similar critical response and, as you may have noticed, it's no longer on the air."

Yeah, that's the part that worries me. I hope ABC shows some patience with this show.

begnad68

begnad68

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2006 @ 8:56 PM

I'm amped for "The Nine" it looks like it will be the next big hit. ABC as of late is making good choices.

PoiPounder

PoiPounder

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2006 @ 1:45 AM

TV Guide's Party for The Nine: Inside Scoop!

There's one tiny spoiler in the article.

TheNorth

TheNorth

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2006 @ 2:57 PM

I also found an article for the show this morning from Time magazine.

http://www.time.com/...535845,00.html:

The article touts the show as one of the top new dramas of the Fall!!!

PoiPounder

PoiPounder

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2006 @ 3:13 PM

Hawaii will get to see The Nine premiere first along with Lost

Here

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Oct 2, 2006 @ 6:41 AM

Zap2it's TV Gal

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Oct 2, 2006 @ 2:40 PM

TV Squad's early look is glowing with praise.

innamorata

innamorata

Posted Oct 2, 2006 @ 6:26 PM

Guaty and Billingsey video interviews at tv.com .