3-7: "Everyday Woman" 2006.08.23 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1598 replies to this topic

seffina

seffina

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

Vincent really did a good job! In fashion you seriously are totally out one day and totally in the ohter day. I think Vincent might be someone who does well when he has an actual customer.

I know they are all under lots of pressure and I really liked Jeff's mom, but he was rude.
I did kind of agree with Jeffery, this doesn't really reflect who he is as a designer. It is hard to have your own point of view and to cater to the customer.

I didn't like this challenge. It just made me so uncomfortable. Seriously Bravo, cut down the drama and show me some fashion. I just want to see some pretty dresses. Is that too much to ask? All in all, tough challenge.

Comme de Garsons go to Amish Country! I'm glad to have MK on this show.

I'm glad Laura can admit a bad dress when she sees it.

coconut oil

coconut oil

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:05 PM

Vincents was okay but seriously...to not choose Uli or Michael? God this episode made me sick.

Rowr17

Rowr17

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:05 PM

Vincent won? Are you kidding me? I would have given the win to Uli.

In what world is fringe in any way elegant, Angela? One of the judges (Nina?) described that outfit as "age inappropriate." I just thought it was inappropriate.

MK hit the nail on the head when he said that Jeff was trying to please Angelaís mom, but not really.

Iím going to miss Robertís biceps.

Edited by Rowr17, Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:06 PM.

EllieJ

EllieJ

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:06 PM

It's a sign of the apocalypse!! Vincent has won a challenge! Start praying everybody!

Angeepang

Angeepang

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:07 PM

This by far has been my favorite challenge of the entire show! Kayne was so cute with Michael's mother. Vincent was funny with Uli's mother too, I am so glad my man won!

Bambie5

Bambie5

Channel Surfer

What a tragedy that Jeffrey is still with us. I was so furious with him and his enabling mother. She should have taken him over her knee instead of all that defending.

Javwartz

Javwartz

Channel Surfer

Word. Stevie Nicks in black was spot on. All it needed was a shawl and a tamborine.

While I do concur that Vincent did a good job, I think Uli was robbed.

Edited by Javwartz, Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:08 PM.

nacktarine

nacktarine

Couch Potato

Next challenge, they're designing for surprise jetsetters...

Maybe they'll be outfitting the snakes from Snakes on a Plane??

makemeameteor

makemeameteor

Video Archivist

You know, I was incredulous when Allison was sent home over Vincent last week, but to give him the win?! When Uli and Michael's designs were CLEARLY better? *Sigh* I've liked this season more than Season Two so far, but these past few episodes are really testing me. We're in the final seven and Angela, Jeffrey and Vincent are all still there, while Allison and Robert have been sent home. If the final three isn't some combination of Michael, Laura, Uli and Kayne, I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach the finale.

Gringa

Gringa

Fanatic

Re: Child no. 6: "I'll just throw it on the pile with the other ones." Heh. I love me some Laura.

Jeffrey is appalling. What a paranoid, childish douchebag. This is going to sound horrible, but I suspect he's one of those people that was a lot more fun when he was using drugs.

Vincent's sister looks like she has some issues, too. I'm basing that on her runway appearance. She looks like she's depressed all the time. I couldn't disagree more with MK's comment that she had "personality" that Robert didn't bring out. I'm no Robert fan, but I don't think Vincent's sister would have made any outfit work. Bleah.

When Kayne's mom walked out in Uli's outfit, I thought it was striking, and age-appropriate, too. It was the clear winner in my mind.

And I'm shocked that I liked Vincent's dress. I loved the collar, and the panel front. Vincent seems to do better when he has some boundaries (like the Miss USA challenge). It didn't deserve the win, but I liked it.

Edited by Gringa, Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:09 PM.

shiftkey

shiftkey

Loyal Viewer

Wow, some major uncomfortable moments on this episode. I kind of envied Uli's mom for not being able to understand much of what was being said.
I LOVED the reversible shirt-dress.
I also really liked the dress Uli was wearing on the runway.

annabellee

annabellee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:08 PM

Wow, Vincent said something that made sense, about making clothes for the “average” woman. It made my fat girl heart happy :) And he even won, so WTF? Has the world gone mad?

Also, Jeffery? You can NOT be mean to someone else’s mom. Almost never, but especially if they didn’t do anything outright mean to you. I never got the Jeffery dislike until today. Plus, Angela’s mom was adorable. I wanted to hug her. I love moms. I woulda kicked him in the nads if that were my mom.

He didn’t do her any favors, garment-wise though.

I covet the necklace that Heidi was wearing. And you just know her and Uli’s mom (also Heidi? Cute) were talking about how crazy Vincent is.

Man, that was fucked up. I get that Robert was boring. Again. But man, Jeffery’s garment was just UGLY. Ugly should beat out boring any day.

Edited by annabellee, Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:32 PM.

Adayinthelife

Adayinthelife

Video Archivist

I hated this episode.

I did not like Vincent's dress at all. Maybe my opinion is tainted because I hate him so much. Did anyone else catch him talking to Uli's mom like "I go with you" or something like that? I thought Michael and Uli did so much better. And Angela's was pretty hideous.

I agreed with Jeffrey.

I hate the judges. The say Robert didn't design anything. Uh...hey judges remember Vicent's dog challenge dress or for that matter any of his past designs? Yeah those didn't look they were designed either.

I was so sad to see Jeffrey and Robert as the last two because I like them both a lot. I was very sad to see Robert go.

ALivingDisaster

ALivingDisaster

Loyal Viewer

Best episode ever! I wasn't really interested in the Jeffrey/Momgela debacle because I was too busy laughing my ass off at Mama Kors. What, did he spring fully grown from her head or something? It was like amoeba separation.

Even though the judges hated it and I'm usually not too fond of him, I really like what Kayne made for Michael's mom. I thought it made her look hip. Maybe if he had paired the top with slacks rather than capris, I guess... who knows?

PardonMyFrench

PardonMyFrench

Channel Surfer

Man, my least favorite part was watching Angela and her mother double-team Jeff on the runway. It's just so...catty.

jkt1219

jkt1219

Couch Potato

Laura's mom is a red-head too! Uli's mom is adorable! Robert's sister was flown in from London! Jeffrey's mom looks normal!

I think this is my favorite challenge ever if only because it's so deeply personal. Everyone wants their mom/sister to look good, but they also want to win. I admit, I cried for the first ten minutes of the show, especially when I heard Uli and her mom speaking German and then again when Laura's mom found out she was pregnant.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but kudos to Vincent for realising that it's the "average" sized women that will buy their clothes. The average sized woman is a size 14 (if I remeber correctly) and it amazes me when these designers are at a loss hen they have to design for a woman who is above a size 10. And I actually like what Vincent had made for Uli's mom, but my mind cannot get around the fact that he actually won a challenge.

Any sympathy I may have had towards Jeffrey is dead. He was a total asshat and I can't believe actually made Angela's mother cry. And to top it off, he calls her crazy bitch. Jeffrey just showed what a paranoid, insecure asshole he really is. He acted like Angela's mom was out to get him.

To me, this seems like a really hard challenge to judge (and I say this as a plus-sized woman). There is a fine line between being fashion-foward and making the client comfortable.

I was upset to seer Rober to go because 1. I can't stand Jeffrey and 2. Robert's model liked what she wore and Jeffrey's model didn't.

orangepeel

orangepeel

Loyal Viewer

Too bad about Robert -- I was hoping Jeffery would go, not because his outfit was worse but because HE'S worse.

However, in the brief moment after they sent Kayne off, I thought that it was between Angela and Jeffery. In other words, I completely forgot about Robert! So, I really can't argue about the boring.

skeb

skeb

Fanatic

Dang! DVR cut off at 11:00 and the show ended at 11:03 and the DVR switched to Daily Show at 11:00. Who's out? Who won?

I thought this challenge was terrific! Is it high fashion? No, but everyday women are the ones who buy the clothes.

ETA: I looked up after I posted.....Vincent won? Robert's out? Aww, man....I liked Robert.

Edited by skeb, Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:10 PM.

Pixelgal

Pixelgal

Channel Surfer

This episode amazed me on two fronts.

First, somehow, Vincent has redeemed himself in my eyes after his distasteful getting off comments and hideous dress this week. He treated Uli's mom like a customer should be treated.

Jeffrey on the other hand continues to be an asswipe. I've come to expect rude and mean spirited from him, but he sank to a new low by berating Angela's mother and making her cry.
I only wish that Jeffrey would have been aufed...

but Robert was sooooooo boring. How can anyone design for barbie (not known for boring outfits) and still make such unrelentingly boring clothes week after week...

Angeepang

Angeepang

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:09 PM

I couldn't belive Jeff's mother sat and watched him treat Angela's mother like he did. If I was here I would have been embarassed and said something to him about the way he treats people.

KillerTofu

KillerTofu

Loyal Viewer

Are you fucking kidding me? Uli was robbed! Her outfit was so chic and flattering, and Vincent's was hideous. Hidjuss.
And Jeffrey is seriously a sociopath. For reals.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

I actually picked Vincent's dress second to Uli.

But....... let me just say if Jeffrey had spoken to my mom the way he treated Angela's mom & made her cry it would have been on. That was rude beyond words and that outfit was hideous. I think the only reason Robert was auf'd was becasue he had been boring one time too many. Truthfully I like Robert's outfit. The red was pretty, I just wish he had used a black/white print instead of a plain black.

BostonTeaParty

BostonTeaParty

Couch Potato

Vincents was okay but seriously...to not choose Uli or Michael? God this episode made me sick.

I KNOW! There was something about Vincent's dress that was dated. He is so stuck in the late 1980s. The dress was OK verging on being nice, but it was not better than Michael's or Uli's creations. Blech.

After seeing Laura's mother, I know understand why Laura looks so young. Her mother has to be at least 60, and she looks damn good. Her reaction to Laura's pregnancy was kind of odd, though.

Jeffrey is such a douchebag. I think he intentionally fucked with Angela's mother because he knew it would get to Angela. HATE!

realityremote

realityremote

Couch Potato

See? I loved this challenge and thought it was charming until Jeffrey acted so rude to Angela's mother. What a dickhead. And his mom was so darling - who knew? I do think that some designers had advantages with thin models - Laura, Michael, Vincent, Angela, while others did have a bigger challenge literally and figuratively - Robert in particular. I thought Uli did a great job and Kayne's mamma rocked it. If TPTB want the winner to accept the apprenticeship - and it's with INC - then being able to design for the every woman is a real need. Like or hate him, Michael Kors knows how to dress everyone from Jessica Simpson on the runway to mall moms.

Bye Robert, thought you had such potential in the first episode. Liked the doggie challenge outfit - Then What Happened???

ms1484

ms1484

Channel Surfer

I am so bothered by the differences in size of the relatives. Three or four of them look to be about size 4 or 6, but three are much larger, and so therefore the people designing for them had a much harder time. It's clear by the results too. Bad call Project Runway. I hate when they have such obviously unfair situations.

Lila82

Lila82

Fanatic

It's a sign of the apocalypse!! Vincent has won a challenge! Start praying everybody!

And he deserved the win. His dress was beautiful, elegant, and perfect for Uli's mom.

This may have been the most challenging, for lack of a better word, challenge the designers, of any season have had to undertake, and it really showed the disparity between high fashion and mass marketed garments. I never knew how difficult it is to design plus size clothing, and make it look good.

polyester

polyester

Video Archivist

I loved LOVED! seeing all the interactions with the mothers. You can totally tell from each one of them thast the apple didn't even fall an inch from the tree. I loved seeing the designers with their client mothers too... Laura was soo at home with Jeff's mom talking about the cruise, Kayne got all excited talking rhinestones with Michael's mom. I loved it!

Oh poo Robert's gone. I'll miss him, but seriously... three strikes and ought to be out.

csnb

csnb

Channel Surfer

Vincent did do a good job, but Uli or Michael should have won. Though if Michael had, people probably would have said it was only because he had the only thin model.
MK complained that Jeffery didn't do enough to please his client, but also complained because Robert did please his client (not enough "fahion forwardness"). Can't have it both ways. If the client loves the outfit, why is that a bad thing? It was boring, but she was a large woman, and wanted a black and red outfit, and that's what he gave her. I think it's mopre of a problem if your client isn't happy.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:10 PM

I've never seen someone as unaware of people's feelings as Jeffery. Just because Angela's mom was a little shy to voice her opinion, doesn't mean she's throwing you under the bus, dumbass.

As a Vincent hater, I was strangely proud of him tonight. Maybe because I really like Uli and was just looking out for her mom, haha.

Laura's pregnancy just came out of nowhere. They should have set that up better.

River Run

River Run

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:10 PM

I hate Jeffery so much right now it's not even funny. If he had talked to my mom like that, I'd have removed that neck tattoo with a kitchen knife.