The Meet Market: Town Square

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

302 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:01 PM

Talky!

shoemoney2night

shoemoney2night

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:03 PM

Anyone 7 for 7? Certainly not me. Heh.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:11 PM

I'm five for seven, myself.

This show has me intrigued. I'll definitely be watching.

Yay! Strega!

Edited by DumbBrunette, Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:14 PM.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:13 PM

Four of seven. Well, at least I did better than last year already.

I didn't have much interest in this, but I'll probably check it out now.

SiriuslyLupin

SiriuslyLupin

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:13 PM

Five for seven as well. Ah well.

This show doesn't appeal to me at all so I won't be watching, but with Strega at the helm, I will definately check out the recaps.

kieyra

kieyra

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:15 PM

Pilot was a snoozer.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

• Interests:Music, theater (musical but also other), reading

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:19 PM

6 out of 7 here. (Friday Night Lights was the one I missed.) Now I need the remaining two to be chosen from Vanished, Runaway, and The Nine, please.

mishy

mishy

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:22 PM

I'm 7 for 7 however, I'm not confident in my last two choices. About this show I don't think I want to watch but I'll check it out once I'm all about the recaps though.

Edited by mishy, Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:25 PM.

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:28 PM

I was so sure the art was going to be a mushroom cloud. It looks like an owl on a picket fence with a moon in the sky?

Edited by jayseyfield, Aug 22, 2006 @ 10:51 PM.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:30 PM

I thought it was a cat.

Glark

Glark

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:31 PM

It's a cat. Just a weird/spooky town thing.

Our error page actually has a mushroom cloud on it if you need to see one :)

Row2000

Row2000

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:37 PM

Hey all,

I think it's actually a coyote. From the previews I've seen, I feel like it fits.

ETA . . . oops. totally didn't register that Glark said it was a cat.

Edited by Row2000, Aug 22, 2006 @ 10:50 PM.

EllieH

EllieH

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 9:41 PM

I'm 4 for 7, yay for getting more than 50% right!

And I thought it would be a mushroom cloud too, but the cat/ moon/ spookiness works as well. I like the greenish colors.

booklad

booklad

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 10:06 PM

I'm cautiously holding out hope for this show. The only other sci-fi/fantasy drama I'm into at the moment is BSG, and 20 episodes a year is definitely not enough. The synopsis sounds interesting but if it turns into Lost I'm gone.

Fingers crossed.

Bayta

Bayta

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 10:13 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic about this show. It has Skeet Ulrich, which, yay! But, he's been in one of my other favorite cancelled shows -- Miracles.

But hi folks! I hope to enjoy this show for a good long, season! (or two. Can I hope for two?) (Is that pushy? Shoudl I just be hoping for a fulls season?)

mrsdalgleish

mrsdalgleish

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 10:43 PM

I'm watching for the Skeet (another disappointed Miracles fan) and for the Strega. The latter clinches it.

Knitting Mafia

Knitting Mafia

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 10:44 PM

I'm with you, Bayta (and mrsdalgleish). Skeet was excellent in Miracles and so many people have said that Jericho is doomed..at this time, I'm just hoping to get a sensible demise, however many episodes in it may be.

Aaand, this makes me a whopping 4 of 7. But three of those are the shows I wanted to actually watch, so I still win!

I'm glad Glark clarified it's a cat. I first thought a coyote, too, and thought he was howling from sitting that way on the fence. Ouch! (:

Edited by Knitting Mafia, Aug 22, 2006 @ 10:44 PM.

seffina

seffina

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 11:22 PM

I know nothing about this show except the premise of a nuclear disaster. But I did pick it.. seemed like TWoP show. Still 5 out of 7 though.

elmothefuzzy

elmothefuzzy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 11:56 PM

6 out of 7 here. (Friday Night Lights was the one I missed.)

Me too. I am not sure what I think about this show. I am kind of intrigued. I think I will give it a couple of episodes.

Dead Cell

Dead Cell

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:02 AM

I have to at least watch the pilot to see Gerald McRaney. I’ve found him absolutely amazing as George Hearst on Deadwood this season. By far the most frightening man of television.

Ladygirl

Ladygirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 1:20 AM

I'm 6 out of 7 still (Damn you, Ugly Betty! *sigh*)
And I'm not sure if I watch it, but I'll give it a try!

I need the remaining two to be chosen from Vanished, Runaway, and The Nine, please.

I think Vanished has already premiered, no?

monkeylove

monkeylove

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 7:13 AM

I'm 6 out of 7 still (Damn you, Ugly Betty! *sigh*)

Me too. Please let the last two be The Nine and Justice! I'm cautiously optimistic about this show, because the premise sounds like it has potential. However, it could end up being amazingly bad.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

• Interests:Music, theater (musical but also other), reading

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 7:50 AM

I think Vanished has already premiered, no?

Just this week. There's still time for a recap of the pilot to appear before episode 2 airs.

Or, of course, not.

lizzie mag

lizzie mag

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 9:35 AM

I haven't seen the pilot, but I'll probably watch it. I do wonder how it'll hold up as a whole season. Ah, we shall see.

jaybeegee

jaybeegee

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 9:58 AM

Because I'm eager to find any way to waste time in my last week at work before heading back to law school, I just went through the full "Guess the line-up contest" thread. By my count there are 10 entrants still alive, and only two contenders have the same two horses left in the race. Since Glark posted in the thread that there was at least one correct answer, the last two shows are coming from the following list:

The Nine (chosen on 6/10 correct entries that remain perfect)
Brothers and Sisters (3/10)
Runaway (3/10)
Smith (3/10)
Shark (3/10)
Standoff (1/10)
Celebrity Duets (1/10)

Personally I'm sitting at 5/7, and gleefully wish early PH-status and cancellation on both Kidnapped and Six Degrees.

On Jericho, I haven't yet gone hunting on-line to watch the pilot, but it looks promising. I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic suspense though.

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 11:01 AM

And with Jericho, I'm out. Screw you Skeet!

Iadder man

Iadder man

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 11:21 AM

As far as ive heard: Jericho is basically a rip-opp of Jeremiah, a Showtime series of a few years ago that lasted two years. It was produced by my favorite writer J. Michael Straczynski (Whose ideas have been ripped off repeatedly, including Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

nilyank

nilyank

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 11:38 AM

Well, I am 5 for 7 with this one, but I am not shaking my fist and hoping for bad ratings. That would be Kidnapped and it having similar name like Vanished.

Made in Brazil

Made in Brazil

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:43 PM

Great Work, Jaybee! Iīm betting on the Nine and Smith. I canīt belive Shark wonīt be on the fall lineup. Come on, itīs James Woods being House, it doesnīt get better than that. The pilot is great!

About Jericho, the pilot was too boring for a post-apocalyptic show, and i would love to punch Skeet Ulrich on the mouth. But iīll take a look at it.

Ladygirl

Ladygirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:44 PM

Me too. Please let the last two be The Nine and Justice! I'm cautiously optimistic about this show, because the premise sounds like it has potential. However, it could end up being amazingly bad.

It appears we had the exactly same line-up as those 2 are the ones that I chose as well (and my last choince was between Ugly Betty and Justice).

Edited by Ladygirl, Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:45 PM.