Love Hurts, Sex Kills: The "Romance" Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4714 replies to this topic

Conspiracy101

Conspiracy101

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 1:05 AM

"Relationships" on House were its big weak point and probably "one" reason why it declined in the eyes of the public by season 5.

House/Cameron ust plotline was decently well done as was the House/Cuddy sexual banter plotline from the first 2 seasons. Season 3 is when things got messy. After House thought the Ket worked, he was going to get with Cameron. Then when it didn't, he became extremely dark, disturbed character(more than before) while the real origins of the Cuddy pining got going. With this going on he pretty much spits on Cameron which in turn forces her to Chase, who thinks he is being used by Cameron to make House jealous because Cameron can see House pining for Cuddy and ignoring her............does this sound like good writing people? Unlucky for us the potw was at its creative peak or I think the complaining would have been alot more. So House is into Cameron when his leg pain is gone and feeling good, but into Cuddy when he is miserable and in pain. Great, great.

As for Cameron's endgame..........I don't know what to think about that. Considering the kid looked about a year old, I feel her turning into her mentor Wilson everyday......with a kid of course. I like the offbeat idea of it being PDH's kid and a gay nanny. At least it would be funny ha ha.

Edited by Conspiracy101, May 29, 2012 @ 3:21 AM.

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 6:56 AM

With this going on he pretty much spits on Cameron which in turn forces her to Chase, who thinks he is being used by Cameron to make House jealous because Cameron can see House pining for Cuddy and ignoring her............

I dunno...YMMV, of course (and in fact, mine does, week to week, heh). But my impression was that Cameron always liked Chase, only was afraid to get too close because A) PDH wasn't that long ago, and B) Chase had a "reputation" of being a shallow playboy. So she kept him at arm's length, in a shallow relationship, in order to keep control. (Of course, we know what that led to...)

As for House and Cuddy, I was never really sure if they were "in love," or simply extremely used to one another. They had spent large chunks of their life together in all kinds of scenarios by the time they finally did, and don't forget, their initial encounter was during a very vulnerable day for House. So, who knows?

As for the writing of the relationships...yes, it's true that that is kind of sloppy. But then again, IRL people get together for many of the same reasons. It's not always a True Love, clearly mapped and forward-moving path, you know?

Lollia Pollina

Lollia Pollina

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

"Relationships" on House were its big weak point and probably "one" reason why it declined in the eyes of the public by season 5.

The powers that be had a strong premise and were doing something that nobody else was doing at the time. The medical mystery hadn't been done since Quincy, so the concept was novel. Then, they transformed it into yet another program about doctors having relationships. They took a popular, critically acclaimed show that had its own identity and made it more generic. I think that was a huge mistake.

Cameron/Chase in the early seasons was the one romance that I did buy - perhaps because it was fairly low-key. The others were boring (Foreman and Thirteen, Wilson and Sam) or ridiculously overblown (House and Cuddy) or an over-used cliche (House and Cameron).

Edited by Lollia Pollina, May 29, 2012 @ 11:46 AM.

NIccibee

NIccibee

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

I liked Foreman and Wendy. I wish they had more screen time as they were very sweet. However, I especially like Foreman's incredibly awkward way of getting rid of her.

Conspiracy101

Conspiracy101

Channel Surfer

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 4:29 AM

Cameron and Chase were to much like siblings for my taste. I wouldn't have minded if the "House" characters were having relationships out of work and off camera, but to much drama inside the hospital was to much. It was like inbredness that just wasn't realistic. Can't Cameron,Chase heck even House have a relationship outside the hospital with other people?

If you are going to have "ships", save them for the final season with some planning.

Edited by Conspiracy101, May 31, 2012 @ 4:30 AM.