Metalocalypse

• Please log in to reply

513 replies to this topic

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

Thanks for posting . . . I would have waited until Sunday to double-post, putting up this clip from "Fanklok." Except for the furries, I've seen most of the stuff displayed in Klokikon. Big question: does anybody cosplay as Charles?

Domina Nocturna

Domina Nocturna

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

So, Brendon Small did an IAmA on Reddit recently. IAmA means "I am a...", and it's a subreddit where people from assorted walks of life, celebrities included, submit themselves to any and all questions from Reddit users.

At the link, Brendon answers questions about Home Movies, the upcoming season of Metalocalypse(spoilers), and well, random shit.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:29 PM

Welcome back, boys. Sacrificing the other 15 minutes to bring back the violence? I can live with that.

Totally not surprising to know that Dethklok fans are weird. Furries and really fat cosplayers. Also, none of them, recognize the real Dethklok when they see them. Of course, they all died violently, just the way I likes it.

Tonight's song was probably one of the best ones in a long while and hey, we actually saw a little more of the Tribunal and Project Falconback.

Kendall95

Kendall95

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:02 AM

Good episode, but I miss the half hour format already. There's only so much you can cram in 12 minutes. Tonight felt like a definite throwback to the first season, right down to the gore. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

Funniest part was the band blowing smoke at Trindle. They are so incredibly dumb, yet their madness works.

we actually saw a little more of the Tribunal and Project Falconback.

Was very glad for this. Despite the longer running time, we learned very little about the Tribunal/Falconback project last season.

orangeslice

orangeslice

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

Welcome back, boys. Sacrificing the other 15 minutes to bring back the violence? I can live with that.

Me Too

I'm so glad this show is back, I was so excited at the end when the pretty much massacred Klokicon. A return to the gore, how I've missed it.

The Tribunal is back, and I did like the new song.

Perfect Xero

Perfect Xero

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

Did I miss something from last season, they went to space?

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:24 PM

Dethklok in space. Team-up with Josie and the Pussycats. Start writin' that fanfic, people!!!

I hope we go back to half-hour eps for special occasions, like "Snakes & Barrels II." As somebody who goes to conventions on a regular basis, I would've liked to have gotten more of the Klokikon experience. But I guess the ending was fine for this show . . . crazed groupie blows up the con, and Dethklok doesn't care that much because they got, like, 50,000 fans for each one that gets blown up in a humiliating manner.

I was right in my last post . . . except for furries, I've seen more of the stuff in that short segment. Of course, I haven't seen an event where a chick blows guys in rapid succession. Now I feel worse for Nathan . . . bad enough his latest fling cheats on him, bad enough he sees it, bad enough she blows herself up, bad enough her face smacks right into his, but you gotta wonder if she bothered to wash her mouth while running after him.

Like the random smoking and the "He's behind me, isn't he?" jokes. Seriously, how does Charles not kill these guys in their sleep? Nobody in real life is that dedicated to their job.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

Like the random smoking and the "He's behind me, isn't he?" jokes. Seriously, how does Charles not kill these guys in their sleep? Nobody in real life is that dedicated to their job.

To be fair, putting up with the band's bullshit is a small price to pay for the power (and money) Charles possesses. I do wish they would play it up more; Charles would be far more compelling if he was more human in terms of the bullshit he puts up with the band and dealing with their stupidity. For example, him dealing with family who are appalled of what he does for a living (enabling a band that causes so much death and destruction) and moreos, the idea that Charles' lack of social life, friends, lovers, etc is caused by the fact that he just knows that the band will kill/disfigure/maim anyone Charles gets close to and add that to the notion that Charles is secretly bitter that he doesn't have a life outside the band.

Hell, that might have been a better alternative than the Tribunal storyline in retrospect, in terms of each episode having a subplot involving Charles slowly going insane and isolated because of his job effectively babysitting deathklok full time.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

Dethklok isn't racist. Even though they kind of are. I loved how the Racism Expert for the Tribunal was horribly racist himself.

Speaking of the Tribunal, we FINALLY got some progress with Falconback. It seems that the whale feedback from the first season is actually a message that will be decoded...eventually. This doesn't look like much, but this is the most info we've had in over two seasons in one go.

Yeah, Nathan can make "That's Do-Able" sound like the most metal catchphrase ever. And Toki would make an exclusive club that leaves out Murderface because Toki doesn't like him, or his mustache. My God, how is Dethklok gonna survive dressing up like the Klan, burning a lowercase t that looks like a cross, and Murderface resembling Hitler?

Well, next week's preview looks like they'll be just fine.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 6:05 AM

That was probably the weakest episode of the entire series. You can see the ending coming almost from the start (as soon as they start talking about Murderface's new 'stache), and it really didn't help any that they did exactly the same "accidental cross burning" joke in an episode of The Venture Brothers.

Not enjoying the transition to quarter-hour episodes either. There's no time now for a slow buildup to the big punchline at the end, and there's less time for the incidental band banter.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 5:28 PM

I wonder if the ending will be part of a bigger subplot of Deathklok losing their popularity. Or if they will revisit what was revealed in season three to explain away the backlash, as far as Charles and the band using outright terrorist-style violence to erase all video evidence of the event and threaten to kill/outright kill the people at the event/use threat of death to keep EVERYONE in the world from ever mentioning the event. The same shit they pull to bury all of the shit Murderface does that would threaten to kill the band's popularity...

That said, they've also been setting up the theme of everyone hating each other. Toki is pissed off that the band keeps excluding him from band activities such as press conferences while the season premiere had the band itself hating on Nathan for breaking the rock star taboo of dating a fan.

Not enjoying the transition to quarter-hour episodes either. There's no time now for a slow buildup to the big punchline at the end, and there's less time for the incidental band banter.

They've stuck to that formula for three seasons and it's led to episodes that are nine-ten minutes of lame puns/unfunny corny jokes, one minute of music and one minute of plot advancement if we were lucky. I like the fact that they are cutting out the crap and giving us tons of plot exposition and myth arc advancement.

Edited by BakerX2, May 8, 2012 @ 5:32 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

Oh hi, Werner Herzog. You're everywhere now.

Prank calls are serious business. It's why Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone! And my god, these guys reached a new level of stupid this week. They can't tell that Murderface is prank calling them AS THEY'RE SITTING NEXT TO HIM AT A TABLE. Until, of course, Skwisgaar actually LOOKS at the Caller ID.

I was right about the gang getting out of last week pretty well. A one note preview of their next album drew a cheering crowd of thousands. But then every copy of the new album gets destroyed, and the world's economy tanks. Next week looks fun!

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

Serves the gang right for going with water as their medium. The sea must be the most brutal body of water ever. Can you imagine if it happened in the Atlantic? Picture turning on the faucet and hearing Nathan growling something you can barely understand.

There's a timeskip implied in the teaser for next week. I guess there's no imminent consequences for the band.

Charles: Gentlemen, the new album is gone, Nathan destroyed the master copy, and the economy is going straight to hell.

Dethklok: (looking blankly forward)

Charles: Normally, I wouldn't be so blunt with payback, but I think a lesson needs to be dealt out. (pulls out a gun, shoots Murderface in the kneecap)

Murderface: SONOFABITCH!!!! WHY ME, DAMMIT?!??

Charles: I know that I should have shot Nathan, but let's be honest . . . .no one likes you. Not even you. (to the others) Now . . . imagine me shooting you in the dick when you [guitar riff] up this royally again.

I know . . . hard to parody the parody, and I think Brandon Small and his friends would be better at this than me. I just wanted to get that fantasy out of my head.

Edited by Lantern7, May 14, 2012 @ 10:50 PM.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:03 AM

With the myth arc going at full steam, this week's episode was kind of vague in it's advancement for the most part.

Why did the ocean do what it did to sink all copies of the album? Does it have anything to do with the message from the whales and their message?

Why did Nathan destroy the master copies?

What's Falconback? I don't think Selectia was responsible for the loss of the album/collapse of the economy given that they were saying that Falconback required the album make it to market in order to allow them to sneak an appropriations bill to pay for Falconback.

Which is weird because it would make sense for Selctia to destroy the albums given the implied notion of Falconback involving the creation of a private army for the guy. Sink the ships containing the albums and kill economy and unleash millions of violent metalheads who will cause carnage and destruction now that they can't get their album, plus the bonus angle of them all hating Dethklok given that Selectia also put the psychic whammy on Nathan so that they can't rush a new pressing of the records out to stores.

The ensuing chaos is the "Metalocalypse" and Selectia and company sweep in with their Falconback army to restore order and take over the world....

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

Pickles realizing that THEY'RE the assholes. The band is starting to become self-aware. It's really telling that an entire crowd of people showed up to the DethFair opening just to yell at them.

Love that Pickles The Drummer The Realtor's solution to selling his houses is to buy the houses himself. He's got all that money.

Man, we're getting our money's worth with the violence, eh? An entire Dethfair goes up in flames and gore. It was the most brutal carnival ever, and I love it.

Next Week: Fun with defribulators!

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 2:33 PM

Love that Pickles The Drummer The Realtor's solution to selling his houses is to buy the houses himself. He's got all that money.

But we don't know what he's doing with the houses (could have rented them out and made more money that way)

Man, we're getting our money's worth with the violence, eh? An entire Dethfair goes up in flames and gore. It was the most brutal carnival ever, and I love it. Pickles realizing that THEY'RE the assholes. The band is starting to become self-aware. It's really telling that an entire crowd of people showed up to the DethFair opening just to yell at them.

Actually the Dethfair is the first time in ages where the gore factor finally got back to what it was in seasons one and two. The convention massacre was quite tame in it's gore but this was on par with previous massacres, like the fashion show massacre.

And the fans are getting wise to Dethklok's bullshit. Back in season one, I'm quite sure the fanbase WOULD kill themselves if told to do so....

Edited by BakerX2, May 21, 2012 @ 2:35 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

Tonight's episode written by Brian Posehn. And it was great.

This week: Toki writes a tell-all book about how much Skwisgaar sucks, while Nathan buys a defribulator because it's awesome. I loved Swisgaar's endorsement deals, especially the existence of a 6.66 blade razor. I just wish that they would've touched on Swisgaar still having crazy devoted fans a la Chris Brown, but Toki having a heart attack on stage and the rest of the band having no idea what to do worked just as well.

The Revengencers are back! And they're brainwashed cannibals. But that's all we got....for now. I sure hope they're going somewhere with this, I'm calling the "man on the inside" to be the Jomfru brother hooked up to the computer, as he was one of the original Revengencers.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

Panic attack. Huge difference . . . but not big enough for those dildos.

I wonder . . . how many editors killed themselves while working on Toki's book? I'm guessing if he speaks like he writes, it would be an unholy slog. Then again, you could get a copy of the Yellow Pages, slap any Dethklok member on the cover -- yeah, even Murderface -- and sell six million copies easy.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

I really hate it when people make defibulator jokes because those things are pretty much instruments of death when used like that. Serously, they can kill you DEAD.

The episode was lame though the return of the Revengencers makes for even more crowded canvas. Still pissed that they are going the brainwashed route with the Revengencers since the concept worked better when they were the maimed and forgotten victims of Dethklok, out for revenge.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

This week: Dick gets fired and the new producer is possibly the first person besides Charles to not put up with their bullshit and NOT get horribly killed. I love whenever the band is forced to mingle with regular jackoffs, like flying in coach to go on a vacation. Of course, they're used to having someone else pack their bags and bring their stuff for them, so naturally they have nothing and are forced to live on the streets. I gotta say, I'm loving this little arc here.

Love that the band love Knott's Berry Farm. And that the power of metal overthrew a Middle Eastern regime.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

Was shocked that the female producer survived the episode, given that the writers established, in his first appearance, that Dick threw acid in a woman's face for pissing him off (which is why the Tribunal manipulated him into working with dethklok, in exchange for the tribunal rigging the trial to get him acquitted). Was fully expecting him to do something nasty to her in order to force the label to keep him around.

(BTW we now know that Nathan destroyed the record out of his previously stated uber-perfectionism that was seen IIRC in season two, when he casually erased an entire album's worth of songs on a whim over how he didn't think they were good enough)

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

No, we just know that he says that that's the reason, now that he's sober and doesn't want to be blamed for it.

Love the new producer. "You get it. You're (just) the bass player."

Edited by Sandman87, Jun 4, 2012 @ 8:03 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

I thought Nathan destroyed the master copy because he drank tequila, and he makes poor life choices while drunk on tequila, as opposed to whatever crap is rolling around his head. Really, I don't think the guys are deep . . . the irony of Nathan singing a song about oppressed women rising up and taking charge -- sparking female sex slaves to fuck shit up -- would escape the group following their treatment of the new producer.

In regards of the five-shot of the boys masturbating . . . part of me wants to burn that image out of my mind. The other part wants to make a motivational poster on the image, and maybe switch up the lyrics to "Jacking It In San Diego" to accompany it. Also: funny that in the first scene, five of the guys assembled had skanks attending to them . . . even Murderface. Meanwhile, Toki has a bunny on his lap. Not only is that appropriate for the character, it looks like he likes screwing animals when taken out of context.

ETA: You think maybe nobody in Pickles' family respects him is because of his voice? It's probably like nails on a chalkboard. Dethklok and Snakes 'n' Barrels probably went partially deaf rocking out, so the voice's impact gets muted.

Edited by Lantern7, Jun 4, 2012 @ 10:37 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

Pickles and Nathan are put in charge of the group because they're the most responsible. Naturally, they're offended. Loved the part when Murferface and Skwisgaar sleep in Pickles' bed after having nightmares,

Patton Oswalt as the Rock-a-Rooni Fantasy Camp expert! I love Toki's logic to the camp: He's already a rock star, so he went to the camp to make friends...that are not the other guys in the band. Of course, it fails.

Hey, we got some backstory on pre-Dethklok Dethklok! We finally met the guy in the band before Toki came along! Amazingly, he's still alive. And remains alive...for now.

Next week: Murderface gets handsome!

Jess Sayin

Jess Sayin

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 3:44 AM

I really felt bad for Toki when that bully broke his snow globe (tho we knew it was coming) and wished we saw Nathan beat the crap out of that guy! Who knew former Dethklok dude was going to come to Toki's rescue. Nice twist.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 12:33 PM

Gotta find out Smalls' obssession with the word "Roonie." Great that we finally got to meet Magnus . . . turns out he's a jackass like the rest of Dethklok, thugh he's an actual asshole. Okay, so's Murderface, but that guy is a hapless asshole. Meanwhile, I'm hoping Charles left twelve or twenty people to covertly look after the band, because leaving Nathan and Pickles in charge? Not smart.

Edited by Lantern7, Jun 11, 2012 @ 12:34 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

The Brutalies must be the most brutal award show ever. Murderface won an award, so you pretty much know how brutal they should be.

Murderface makes himself handsome while the rest of the gang have some nasty habits of their own: Nathan's fat, Skwisgaar drinks coffee, Pickles starts losing the rest of his hair, and Toki eats lemons. Then they all get ugly spray tans. Ah, insecurities.

Handsomeface was a dream?! God, that was a brutal twist. Also, this episode was probably the first without someone dying. Murderface got disfigured and got coffee tossed in said disfigured face, but that's it.

"Is the hand of the cosmetic surgeon also the hand of God? Perhaps." sounds so awesome when coming out of Malcon MacDowell's mouth.

Next Week: The band gets carpal tunnel. Should be funny.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 5:52 PM

Anybody else actually feel sorry for Murderface? From the first season, I'm pretty sure his father didn't murder/suicide because of Baby Murderface. That kid was kinda cute . . . but since William is a big pile of neuroses, I can see why he'd think that.

Stupid question: how is a bass different from a guitar? And do bassists get marginalized as Murderface in general?

Next week: Jackin' It In The Ol' Mordhaus!!! Honestly, except for Murderface, why would anybody in the band spank it? Doesn't Swisgar go through eight women a day on average?

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 7:21 PM

how is a bass different from a guitar?

No one ever goes fishing for a guitar. <rim-shot>

But seriously folks, Wikipedia has an article about that.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

Two episodes in a row where no one died. What's wrong with them?