But First! Live Feed Discussion (SPOILERS Abound)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

65418 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 20, 2013 @ 11:58 PM

Bob Sambob went through the thread and indexed where each season starts and begins. He was also kind enough to share it with the thread. You can find the indexing post here

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jul 27, 2006 @ 7:10 PM

Okay. I would like to experiment -- EXPERIMENT -- with a Discussion thread, to try to segregate actual Live Feed Highlights from the discussion that naturally follows.

What this thread is not: This thread is not intended either to serve as, or to allow the LFH thread to serve as, any more of a moment-by-moment Live Feed Real-Time Commentary than it was before. The idea here is to allow you to discuss the major points of the live feeds while still respecting what we've asked you to do in terms of avoiding "8:32 PM, Will is picking his nose" posts and avoiding clutter.

My intent is to allow the actual LFH thread to include pretty much the what's-happening parts of the highlights. And this is where you would discuss the consequences, your opinion, blah.

We're feeling it out as we go, but since y'all have been pretty cool about avoiding weirdness in LFH, I thought we'd try this and see how it goes. As cautioned previously, don't hammer the threads with traffic, and please try to remember that it's an experiment, and we'll have to see how it goes. Okay? Okay. Thanks for all your generally good behavior so far this season.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jun 26, 2013 @ 8:34 PM.

jstar

jstar

Posted Jul 27, 2006 @ 8:37 PM

So apparently there was a pre-game alliance between Marcellas, Boogie and Will. That's like, everyone in the house. Boogie and Will had a pre-game alliance with Erika, Danielle, Marcellas and Alison, right? Anyone else? James, possibly? That is ridiculous! No wonder they've managed to stay in it without any HOH's.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2006 @ 8:42 PM

I swear on everything holy - including peanut butter, chocolate and Wentworth Miller's body - that if I hear Mike Boogie talking about how financially endowed he is one more time ... well, let's just say ... Okay, that's an empty threat. I have nothing. Nothing but a whole lot of hatred for the "Boogie Man."

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jul 27, 2006 @ 9:42 PM

So, I just remembered Will and Boogie's plan from last week in case CT happened into an HoH win. They were supposed to call the S6 up into the HoH room, one by one, and tell them that the house wants two from the S6 nominated. They would then tell each member of the S6 that between the four of them (Janie, James, Kaysar and Howie), they would have to decide who should be nominated. CT was hoping that would cause S6 to implode.

But CT didn't win. S6 did. So hoorah.

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2006 @ 10:17 PM

So, I just remembered Will and Boogie's plan from last week in case CT happened into an HoH win. They were supposed to call the S6 up into the HoH room, one by one, and tell them that the house wants two from the S6 nominated. They would then tell each member of the S6 that between the four of them (Janie, James, Kaysar and Howie), they would have to decide who should be nominated. CT was hoping that would cause S6 to implode.

Yep. That scene in and of itself was more than enough to keep me rooting for S6 to the end (well, except for James, because he just sucks). And now they're trying to fool the house into thinking that they're split up. Hilarious.

The thing is, though, as much as I can't stand Booger, it might be smarter to get Diane out. If an endurance comp is coming up, she's going to be like a rock up there, unmovable. In the grand scheme of things, the S6 have gotten rid of those who were real HoH/POV threats.

jstar

jstar

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 12:37 AM

Diane and Boogie are great potential nominees. I think both are great choices to leave because I do feel like Diane could win an endurance competition. If there's one thing she has over everyone else, it's desperation. Boogie and Will are just annoying.

I think the S6ers may be overlooking Danielle, but I like her so I can forgive it. If they nominate Chicken George again (which they have been batting around) then they are fools.

Edited by jstar, Jul 28, 2006 @ 12:37 AM.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 12:50 AM

Diane and Boogie are great potential nominees. I think both are great choices to leave because I do feel like Diane could win an endurance competition. If there's one thing she has over everyone else, it's desperation. Boogie and Will are just annoying.

I agree. Diane is a tough competitor in terms of endurance, and Boogie is annoying. If either of them go, I'll be extremely happy. I'd probably be happier with Boogie gone, but if Diane going is better for S6, that's fine as well.

I think the S6ers may be overlooking Danielle, but I like her so I can forgive it.

I don't know. I do think Danielle would put up Janelle if she won HoH, but I'm not sure who would be her second nomination. Also, I do think the S6 know she would do this, but at this point, there are others that are just as dangerous.

If they nominate Chicken George again (which they have been batting around) then they are fools.

Sending George home would be a wasted HoH week, so I sincerely hope S6 doesn't do this.

James trying to save Diane is hilariously transparent. Janelle, Kaysar, and Howie realise that the only reason James wants to send Boogie home is because Diane is all for James. I wish someone would kick him in the throat.

Samuel11

Samuel11

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 12:54 AM

The muddy reasons for wanting Diane out (they have to get rid of a floater and leave Chilltown intact...yet last week they told James to get rid of a member of Chilltown) crack me up. I wish they'd just tell James that they want Diane out because of endurance, and because they think she's in an alliance with him and Danielle.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:00 AM

James is saying that putting up Marcellas would be a terrific idea, because Marcellas is constantly undermining the S6 and their decisions. He talks too much to other HGs, telling them they should all attack the S6.

But, Diane is guilty of the exact same thing, James. She hates the S6, besides you. So, it's smart to send her ass back to her car. Dumbass.

After Janelle said that she wanted Diane gone, James said it was Janie's decision since it is her HoH. James then went on to say that, if he wins HoH, he will do what's best for him. James needs to stop threatening the rest of his alliance, or it'll be his ass going home.

Edited by Stinger97, Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:06 AM.

DreamingTree

DreamingTree

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:07 AM

Good Lord, my head is spinning listening to S6 strategize. I think putting up Diane and Boogie is a decent idea. It really doesn't matter which one goes because each of them are after S6. James wants Boogie out, the rest want Diane out...nominate them and let the houseguests decide. One of their adversaries will be out and move on.

milhomie

milhomie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:06 AM

I'm so "wtf?" about James. James is gungho about going after Chilltown and accusing the others of being scared of them, WHEN HE PUT FUCKING CHICKEN GEORGE UP LAST WEEK with the intentions of evicting him.

I'm convinced the only reason James wants Diane to stay is because he wants Diane to get rid of Janelle for him. That's the same reason he was hesitant about getting rid of Jase. He wanted Jase to get rid of Janelle (or Kaysar). Now that's no longer an option and he wants Diane to stay cause it's his only firm hope of ridding himself of her. Plus, she's his Marcellus. Might go after them, but not him personally.

Edited by milhomie, Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:11 AM.

annex

annex

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:10 AM

James trying to save Diane is hilariously transparent. Janelle, Kaysar, and Howie realise that the only reason James wants to send Boogie home is because Diane is all for James. I wish someone would kick him in the throat.

At the same time, they forget that they need to make James feel included, and they really are failing that miserably. Howie wants CT up too, but he's being much more quiet about it.

I'm hopeful that Janelle does nominate Diane/Boogie, and then they vote Boogie out. I worry that we might lose Will if she nominates Will/Boogie.

Samuel11

Samuel11

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:19 AM

Diane really doesn't do anything in the house, whereas Marcellas does have a strong friendship with Erika and some ties to Danielle.

I think James meant that he would win HOH and put Boogie/Will up next week, whether they agreed with him or not. I don't know if that's a real threat against them.

Their arguments to him were poor. They didn't bring up her winning an endurance HOH in her season. They didn't bring up that he refused to nominate 2 of CT when he won HOH. They really couldn't have convinced him to be happy with a Diane nomination, but they could have done a much better job.

Diane really doesn't do anything in the house, whereas Marcellas does have a strong friendship with Erika and some ties to Danielle.

I think James meant that he would win HOH and put Boogie/Will up next week, whether they agreed with him or not. I don't know if that's a real threat against them.

Their arguments to him were poor. They didn't bring up her winning an endurance HOH in her season. They didn't bring up that he refused to nominate 2 of CT when he won HOH. They really couldn't have convinced him to be happy with a Diane nomination, but they could have done a much better job.

I'm convinced the only reason James wants Diane to stay is because he wants Diane to get rid of Janelle for him.

He knows Diane won't nominate him; he's not thrilled that they keep getting rid of people who won't target him.

At the same time, they forget that they need to make James feel included, and they really are failing that miserably.

Kaysar is trying. Janelle seems more defensive, and like James, she gets impatient when people don't agree with her.

I worry that we might lose Will if she nominates Will/Boogie.

I'd be happy to see Will go. I'm so tired of hearing him say he wants to leave. Now he's saying he will not eat the slop and that way he'll get a penalty nomination.

Edited by Samuel11, Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:27 AM.

milhomie

milhomie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:25 AM

I think he meant that he's getting rid of Marcellus. How he feels about Marcellus is how Janey feels about Diane. And if she gets rid of his safety net, he's getting rid of hers. I absolutely think that getting rid of Diane is the best move for Janelle. Same as Kaysar doing what was best for him and James (initally) doing what's best for him.

The thing with Janelle is that to keep herself safe she goes directly for who she things/knows is coming after her. Kaysar and James were all about making themselves less of a target.

Kaysar is trying. Janelle seems more defensive, and like James, she gets impatient when people don't agree with her.

Well the good thing is that if James isn't willing to vote with them, she's probably not gonna put Diane up. I mean, at least they're loyal in that way. Sometimes I just think James puts too many deals out that there's such a small pool of people to pick from that he freaks out when they mention anyone other the small pool of people he doesn't have deals with.

Edited by milhomie, Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:27 AM.

jstar

jstar

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:27 AM

I agree that is true, but Marcellas sees some of S6 AND Chilltown as potential threats, whereas Diane just wants S6 gone for the most part. Marcellas would at least consider putting up the Chilltown members before S6 (especially Janelle) and Diane wouldn't even think twice, in my opinion. The only thing that might ever have caused Diane to avoid nominating the S6ers was the threat of going home before sequester via retaliation from the remaining S6ers. If she wins HoH next week, she won't have to worry about that. All she's playing for is sequester, and she would love to be the girl that broke up S6. It would be like Jenn all over again.

Marcellas is literally the last person I would consider nominating if I were an S6er (other than James). Boogie, Will, Diane, Danielle, Erika and even Chicken George all seem more dangerous to me.

The alliance has been going after Janelle's enemies for the most part, and I understand why that is frustrating to James. However, I still think that what is best for his alliance is best for him at this point, and what is best for the S6ers is that their best player stay in the game. When the numbers get lower and the remaining players get more desperate, he'll have the opportunity to jump ship. He just needs to bide his time.

Edited by jstar, Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:33 AM.

milhomie

milhomie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 1:31 AM

Marcellas is literally the last person I would consider nominating if I were an S6er (other than James). Boogie, Will, Diane, Danielle, Erika and even Chicken George all seem more dangerous to me.

Agreed. I truly think that this early in the game, Marcellus cares too much about what America thinks of him to go against the 6 right now (except possibly James). If he was the first to move against them, he probably thinks America would hate him. Little does he know, they already do.

Samuel11

Samuel11

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 2:44 AM

This duck show with Will has forced me to watch Erika and George sitting around the backyard. That's how tired I am of him being amazed at his own brilliance while the S6 players sit around staring at him and being enthralled (or pretending to be).

Erika is very unhappy with the food competition, she kept trying to get James to agree with her about how unfair it was, because he went through the same when George won the veto. James just kept agreeing long enough for her to stop whining.

Arista

Arista

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 2:50 AM

I'm shocked at Howie and Janelle actually negotiating with Will. I'm even more surprised that they aren't hip to his obvious game yet. I wish they would just nominate Chill Town.

Why is Janelle saying she doesn't want to even nominate Will as a pawn? Strategically, there's no way in hell she could win against him in the end. And he's asking to leave before sequester! She can't possibly enamored with McSchemey, can she?

Samuel11

Samuel11

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 3:12 AM

So of course James goes and tells Diane the plan to nominate her and urges her to talk to Janelle and promise that she won't put them up. See? This is why I can see why they don't trust James, or don't want to tell him their noms. It's because he has a big mouth and tries to undermine their noms.

I don't know if trying to get Diane to talk to them is undermining the nomination. They can talk to her and then Janelle can still put her up if she wants. It's better than not telling her and then she gets pissed off and feels betrayed, even more likely to win the veto. They want her out because of her ties to James, but James is not the real threat in the game. They keep coming up with reasons to not get Will or Boogie out of the house. It's becoming a joke.

bear88

bear88

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 3:13 AM

Arista, one of the things to remember about Will is that, as the weeks go by and tedium sets in, he isn't a bad guy to have around. During Will's silly veto speech, people weren't angry or even puzzled. They were smiling. They thought he was funny.

Will is always attempting to entertain, and that's a valuable skill - even if his act doesn't always work. It's better than people who are crying or angry or throwing things. He isn't the same as in Season Two, in that he has incorporated his "Evict Me" twist into things and complains a lot more, but the attempt to amuse is still there.

I think Janelle believes she's onto him, and can get rid of him later - after more dangerous HoH threats are tossed. I think Will eliminated Howie from the HoH game in part because Howie is less vulnerable to his charms. It was also a way to go after Season 6 in a way that didn't feel like a frontal assault.

Bobbalouie78

Bobbalouie78

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 4:39 AM

According to Arista in LV:Highlights, Will was talking about splitting the money, and how that has supposedly happened on the RR/RW challenge shows. I know that Survivor has as part of their contract with contestant a clause saying they can't share the money... but does BB? and can someone with a legal bent guess what consequences would befall them if there was such a clause and they broke it? Always good to learn something from watching these shows, and so far for BB7, I want to forget everything I've learned.

eholder

eholder

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 6:13 AM

According to Arista in LV:Highlights, Will was talking about splitting the money, and how that has supposedly happened on the RR/RW challenge shows. I know that Survivor has as part of their contract with contestant a clause saying they can't share the money... but does BB? and can someone with a legal bent guess what consequences would befall them if there was such a clause and they broke it? Always good to learn something from watching these shows, and so far for BB7, I want to forget everything I've learned.

It's against the rules on BB too. Last year the Friendship were trying to get a pair to the end (where the total prize would be $1.25 mill) and then split the money. BB had to remind them they can't share - but they could buy each other "gifts" which is what they agreed to if one of them one. Not sure if that happened though.

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 7:13 AM

I think we're all forgetting to mention a very key point here:

The HoH room is all pink.

Gross.

Melina Detroit

Melina Detroit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 7:17 AM

Question: I don't get the Live Feeds, but read the highlights here every day. Can anyone tell me, is Janelle aware of the horrible things Mike and Jase have said about her? Watching the show this week, there has been literally no mention of any of that, but it's really bothering me. Have either of them ever said any of this stuff to her face? (Sometimes I feel like I'm watching two entirely differenet shows - the TV BB, and the Live Feed BB. Well, the plots are similar, but the characters vary considerably.)

Gwendy

Gwendy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 8:00 AM

Question: I don't get the Live Feeds, but read the highlights here every day. Can anyone tell me, is Janelle aware of the horrible things Mike and Jase have said about her?

I think she's aware they said things about her, but not the extent of it. Honestly, when all's said and done, I don't think she'll care. She seems to let stuff like that roll off her back.

I haven't seen this in any of the live feed updates I read: when Janey changed her mind about Diane and decided not to put her up, did Kaysar fight her on it at all or did he go along right away? I think he's smart not to push things too far to go his own way within his group but I can't tell from the updates if that's how it went down.

And, yeah, that room is a monstrosity.

jhunter

jhunter

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 8:07 AM

I haven't seen this in any of the live feed updates I read: when Janey changed her mind about Diane and decided not to put her up, did Kaysar fight her on it at all or did he go along right away? I think he's smart not to push things too far to go his own way within his group but I can't tell from the updates if that's how it went down.

No fight. I think he realized that Diane was a bad move before they discussed it again, so when Janelle brought it up, he was already on the same page. They realized that getting at least one member of CT out of the house was more important than risking an insurrection at the hands of the floaters. They spoke of it as a war on the horizon that they weren't ready to start yet.

Samuel11

Samuel11

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 8:10 AM

Janelle knew Jase had problems with her (she's heard this from what Marcellas has told her), but no one has ever told her what Boogie and Jase said about her. They only said this in front of Will and Danielle.

I really hope there will be less bickering between James and the other S6 players soon, because they're already on shaky ground and sometimes he just gets upset over what he shouldn't. When they told him Diane was their target, he should have said, "Are you sure?" and then left after stating his case. He shouldn't have said that was stupid, that he'd go off on his own, etc. What he said was right. The way he said it was wrong. The reasons they gave him for targeting Diane were crap (they didn't have the guts to tell him their real reason was that they think he's in an alliance with her), but he just makes them suspect him more when he gets so upset. Especially Kaysar. The smartest move he made was telling Diane what was going on, because she went up there and she did a decent snow job on Janelle without letting her know James was the one who gave the heads up (she said Jase had told her Janelle was after her, and she wantedto clear the air). Diane knew most of the right things to say (she would throw the endurance challenge, she would never nominate any of them) Now - although this changes by the millisecond - Diane is not being nominated. James really can work it when he wants to, that's why I hope he can work on reining himself in and not whining to the S4 people. Like if they decide to put George and Will or Boogie up, he might get upset because they're putting George up instead of both Will and Boogie. I hope he keeps it to himself this time, saves himself for the bigger battles.

I think they have been in power so long some of them are being worn down; Kaysar is more and more withdrawn and somber, and going back to his tired metaphors about vast armies led by James (or Danielle) coming to conquer them.

For some reason, Boogie is popular in the house, but I still think he might go this time if he is nominated against Will. If not, and Will goes, no big loss. I'm not thrilled watching his games with Janelle. When Janelle talks to Will or to Marcellas I go to another feed. Every time Kaysar or Janelle say Will is going to leave before sequester I want to scream.

Howie has been telling them to go with getting Chilltown out all along. He just knows how to talk to Janelle.

Kaysar and James are sometimes so much alike it's not funny. I'm always waiting for them to finally see eye to eye (and sometimes they do make the effort). Probably be waiting for an eternity.

I liked one comment Janelle made to Kaysar last night. He said James was trying to secure people who would keep him around. Janelle (who has been doing the exact same thing) said something like, "There's nothing wrong with that."

Edited by Samuel11, Jul 28, 2006 @ 8:15 AM.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 8:12 AM

I don't know how seriously Janelle could take shit talk about herself when she sits around happily yelling "Fingerbang Maggie!" Taking offense at... practically anything anyone said about her would be absurdly hypocritical at this point. She's been bitchy enough herself that she's pretty much stuck with letting things roll off her.

Mylittlelamb64

Mylittlelamb64

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 8:34 AM

Diane really doesn't do anything in the house.

Christ crumbled bacon, how can they not see that the biggest threat (next to sneaky snake Dani) is ERIKA?! This girl never offers her thoughts, she blends in like wallpaper and hell, didn't James call her out the other day about being a floater? If Jedi Janey were smart, she'd nom Erika/Boogie with Dani taking the place of whoever won POV.

I think when Howie wins HOH, he's going to be the one that will nom CT.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 8:34 AM

It's going to get very interesting once all of the easy targets that all four S6 people can agree on are gone. Janelle and James are going to get more and more testy with each other about protecting Marcelles and Danielle. Howie might want to protect CG, to have someone in his corner, and Kaysar might feel the same about Erika, although that one I'm not sure about.

Not to mention what happens if a floater wins HOH. I'm pretty sure they won't be 'all for one and one for all' if that happens. James I know will "throw them under the bus", and I think that would be it for him and the rest of the alliance. Hell, James might even be hoping for that at this point. He's so very bitter over not getting to do whatever he wanted as HOH, and even more bitter that Janelle isn't necessarily going to do whatever he wants now that she's HOH. I think James likes to think of himself as a major force in the game, who actively makes things happen, so I can see him start trying way too hard because he thinks he hasn't done that yet.