Table Read: Spoiler Discussion & Speculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

509 replies to this topic

Ozzyols

Ozzyols

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 10:12 PM

Hi Gang

This thread has been designed for those of us who have wandered into the realms of spoilage and now want to speculate. Spoiler bars are not required here as the assumption is that you are fine to be spoiled.

Have Fun.

Miss Hell

Miss Hell

Posted Aug 14, 2006 @ 10:59 PM

I think I know which scene that's from, though I had thought the setting was somewhat different. If there are TWO such scenes I'll be very surprised! And very amused.

Ozzyols

Ozzyols

Posted Aug 15, 2006 @ 1:01 AM

Well looking at the background behind them, it looks like there are production guys there, so either it is set IN a setup. Or we just got some "Behind the scenes" stuff... I don't care... it's cool either way!

rachel1707uk

rachel1707uk

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 15, 2006 @ 2:00 AM

I know you have reservations about telling us things you saw on-set, Miss Hell, but is there ANYTHING you can share with us about that photo?

ETA: The link has been removed in the time between me starting this message and posting it; is it still OK for those of us lucky enough to see it before it disappeared to discuss it?

Edited by rachel1707uk, Aug 15, 2006 @ 2:04 AM.

Ozzyols

Ozzyols

Posted Aug 15, 2006 @ 2:07 AM

The reason I removed the link is that I thought it was a sactioned shot and not a sneaky... I do not want to jepordize any chances that Miss Hell has by inadvertent association with something less than kosher.

Call me over paranoid if you like, but that's just my personal feelings. Considering what Miss Hell and previously expressed, I thought it only correct to follow her and others wishes...

ETA... it's REASON... not RASON

Edited by Ozzyols, Aug 15, 2006 @ 2:08 AM.

rachel1707uk

rachel1707uk

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 15, 2006 @ 2:18 AM

Fair enough, Ozzyols. I shall leave it in the hands of Miss Hell to decide whether further discussion is appropriate.

Miss Hell

Miss Hell

Posted Aug 15, 2006 @ 11:41 AM

Well, I'm not 100% sure that the photo is "contraband" so to speak, but I do know that if you go to the site that has a big bar across the bottom of the photo, you can't even get in unless you have a code given to you by someone who's already a member, etc.

I also feel fairly certain that the S60r PTB wouldn't want photos taken of the shoots. They don't let people bring cameras onto the set (other than the cameras used in shooting, of course), so it stands to reason that any shot taken during production is definitely not for internet postification.

However, those who have already seen it and have questions, fire away, and if there's any way I can answer without spoiling anything unduly, I'll do so. I'm 95% positive I know the exact moment the shot represents - but also keep in mind I could be completely wrong. I'm basing my theory on a script I found lying around backstage while I was working, and actually feel somewhat guilty for reading. I have this weird superstitious karmic feeling that my reading of that script is, cosmically, why I never got called back to work. That's why I've not said a PEEP about it here or elsewhere - I don't want to make my karma worse!

Sorry for being such a Nazi. It's not just about keeping my job, as I'm pretty sure I don't really have one. It's the troubling fact that I know what AS would want, and for whatever reason, that matters to me.

Edited by Miss Hell, Aug 15, 2006 @ 11:43 AM.

rachel1707uk

rachel1707uk

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 15, 2006 @ 12:01 PM

I'm quite curious as to what episode you think the scene is from, but I completely understand if you want to keep schtum about it for the reasons you said. If it were me......well, I don't even want to think about what I'd do to be part of Studio 60.

Miss Hell

Miss Hell

Posted Aug 15, 2006 @ 12:33 PM

If I'm correct, that's from episode 3. Or episode 2, if you don't count the pilot as 1.

I still think the show would be much better entirely unspoiled (for example, now people will watch ep 3 looking for that moment instead of being surprised into laughter by it...), but obviously if people agreed with me they wouldn't be here. ;)

Edited by Miss Hell, Aug 15, 2006 @ 12:35 PM.

Ozzyols

Ozzyols

Posted Aug 15, 2006 @ 4:44 PM

Okay, as Miss Hell doesn't think she will 'cop it in the neck' so to speak here is the link again.

rachel1707uk

rachel1707uk

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 11:37 AM

That is really exciting news. Do we get a sneak preview? ;o)

Edited because I got a little carried away in my original post.

Edited by rachel1707uk, Aug 16, 2006 @ 3:25 PM.

Maxie3987

Maxie3987

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 11:47 AM

That is so cool. Thanks Glark.

Glowegal

Glowegal

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 11:50 AM

So that's why you wanted us to go apeshit on the Wes thread so early on, Glark!

I don't know what they say (I'm sure it's full of references to internet people being chain smoking loons)

If nothing else, I hope they realize that our fashion sense has evolved beyond muumuus...to housecoats!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic.

Artlawprod

Artlawprod

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 12:07 PM

You're awesome Glark.

I figured it would be something like that...very, very cool.

threeinchheels

threeinchheels

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 12:25 PM

Oh God, I think I'm going to be sick. I'm posting here in on the assumption that anyone connected with the show has zero interest in what is said here. Here we go again. *groan*

Anyway. My waistline is fine. I stopped smoking last year. And I have more letters after my name than most people in them. Self esteem good. Self esteem good. Incoming insults water of duck's back. Repeat mantra to self. Self esteem good.

Artlawprod

Artlawprod

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 1:33 PM

I haven't read the legal notices here since I signed up but I'm wondering about who owns the copyright to what I posted on this website. I'm sure that TWoP proper owns the look and feel of the site but are they also owners of the contents of each post? It leads me to believe that there might be a shot of the Wes thread and even from far away the posts therein but I doubt there will be any reference to posters or the contents of those posts without seeking a rights clearance from the individuals who wrote them first and since none of us have been contacted...

I'm just saying I don't think you have to worry threeinchheels...no one is going to be looking at your waistline, except maybe the actors in that scene.

ETA: I have gone digging around the site and I see no Legal Notices on this site which leads me to believe that any content I have writen on this site is my own and held under my copyright. As such I would assume that none of the posts made on this site will be used without express writen consent of the posters themselves.

Edited by Artlawprod, Aug 16, 2006 @ 1:38 PM.

Miss Hell

Miss Hell

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 1:42 PM

In case the words will be seen (and I for one could care less about my "Rights" to anything I write here, which I put in about the same category as gossiping at a coffee house), I'd like to recommend page 3, from threeinchheels' second post all the way down to immaf near the bottom. All of that could withstand even the most obsessive scrutiny from freeze-framers, as it appears to be completely "in character."

Artlawprod

Artlawprod

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 1:58 PM

I tend to agree with you Miss Hell. Heck, I'll state for the record that if S60 wants to use my screen name, words, likeness, those nude photos I took in college or anything, I will absolutely grant them a royalty-free license to do so (although would sending me a coffee mug kill them? And those photos were artistic damn it!).

However, my point was more that if there were going to use TWoP and the specific contents of the posts I suspect that they won't do so without obtaining permission from us, the posters. It was more a, "hey, you would have gotten an email from someone if they were actually going to use your words or handle."

Sorry, it's my job to think about these things. I did not mean it in any way like a, "They better get my permission before I sue their asses" kind of thing is all.

TalkFast

TalkFast

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 2:45 PM

I guessed right! Not that I was the only one who must have suspected the reason for our early forum access, but I went out on a limb and posted it!

<pats self on back>

Today has been a good day!

Glark

Glark

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 2:49 PM

There's people at WB that just do clearance rights so I'm sure they are doing whatever they need to do to keep it kosher -- I'm pretty sure you won't get close enough to actually read the screen beyond seeing graphics and general layout. It's not like they are going off-script for this (if it even makes the cut or whatever).

Artlawprod

Artlawprod

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 3:08 PM

Exactly my point Glark. You knew about it presumably because WB contacted you so they could clear the rights to mention the site and even perhaps use the general look and feel. No one contacted me because Suzanne the PA is not going to be saying, "Wow, Artlawprod referred to Wes' rant as..." It was more that if they were going to do general look and feel they wanted there to be posts on the page, they didn't care what the posts say.

Anyway, we should take this over to the table-read thread if we want to discuss this anymore. I'm sorry I keep going on about this. Among my many hats I do some rights clearance.

threeinchheels

threeinchheels

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 4:18 PM

I'm just saying I don't think you have to worry threeinchheels...no one is going to be looking at your waistline, except maybe the actors in that scene.

Hey look, I was joking. I presume that they contacted Glark for legal reasons to enable them to use the logo and make reference to the site. I'm sure they couldn't give a rats about what I have to say here.

I was waiting for you to go digging around Artlawprod! Force of habit I take it? Anything regulatory or political sets me off. So you can imagine how watching TWW messed with my head all the time ;)

Incidentally if any of those actors (Matthew Perry, Matthew Perry, Matthew Perry) would like to look at my waistline - fine by me.

Ozzyols

Ozzyols

Posted Aug 16, 2006 @ 4:49 PM

Sinces Glarks revelation over at Table read....

my only though is... if they are going to be looking at one thread and they're going to be on the site anyway...

"Let your fingers do the walking"

Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2006 @ 7:38 PM

In early June, I found myself at a charity event with Bradley Whitford. I got a couple of minutes to talk to him and the subject of "online fandom" came up. I admitted to him that I was a total WingNut and had been part of TWoP in the days of the Sorkin posts.

Brad then mentioned that Aaron had "not learned his lesson" when it came to online activities. This was over two months ago, but I wonder...

This is going to be fun.

GotGlassTubes

GotGlassTubes

Posted Aug 17, 2006 @ 10:06 PM

I admitted to him that I was a total WingNut and had been part of TWoP in the days of the Sorkin posts.

Brad then mentioned that Aaron had "not learned his lesson" when it came to online activities. This was over two months ago, but I wonder...

Do you have any links to posts/archives of posts Sorkin made on TWoP?

Ali Arikan

Ali Arikan

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2006 @ 3:15 AM

Sorkin's posts have been lost to posterity. However, you can read the most accurate and thorough account of the two major "Sorkin Skandals" here, courtesy of my good friend mjforty. And here is another account of the whole sorry saga.

Have we got any spoilers for Episode 3 at all? That photo is from the second episode, right?

Also, does anyone know what the working title for the second episode was?

Edited by Ali Arikan, Aug 18, 2006 @ 3:29 AM.

Miss Hell

Miss Hell

Posted Aug 18, 2006 @ 2:59 PM

I don't really agree with the things that Sorkin said, but man do I empathize. The cognitive dissonance of "oh my god you didn't say that did you" and "I totally know how you feel" threatens to explode my skull.

I don't think he really meant what he said, either. I don't think if he could have looked deborah in the eye and seen that she was a person and not an abstract evil force he would have said those things. He really is a nice guy, but even nice animals bite when they're in pain. And some of them have sharper teeth than others.

HungryHippo2004

HungryHippo2004

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2006 @ 3:39 PM

Also, does anyone know what the working title for the second episode was?

IMDB has it as 'The Cold Open'. The only reason I think that's true is that it has some actors playing characters from the second episode sides.

Ozzyols

Ozzyols

Posted Aug 18, 2006 @ 4:31 PM

And there is another school of thought that it might be "Jeannie" either that or that's just a place card title

Miss Hell

Miss Hell

Posted Aug 18, 2006 @ 4:35 PM

I believe "Cold Open" is the correct title.