Cook Islands Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

778 replies to this topic

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2006 @ 10:50 PM

I dunno if I'm doing this in the right place. But anyway, some spoilers about Cook Islands are starting to be released, such as cast members. This is the place to put it!

TDT has already put pictures of cast members here. Also, there is another cast member named Adam that hasn't been totally confirmed over at Sucks, but they have some pictures of him. Also, apparently the first boot is a girl.

Edited by FlippinChipmunk, Jul 16, 2006 @ 10:56 PM.

Karoline

Karoline

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2006 @ 12:31 PM

Ew at Tracie Kelley. Got a Pamela-Anderson-thing going there.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2006 @ 4:06 PM

According to the posters at Sucks, she supposedly has brown hair & doesn't look as slutty.

paganstar

paganstar

Couch Potato

• Interests:Gardening, Writing, and Science Fiction

Posted Jul 28, 2006 @ 10:59 PM

Jessica: Yikes, she makes the fire girl from last season look tame.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jul 29, 2006 @ 1:42 AM

Jessica: Yikes, she makes the fire girl from last season look tame.

Holy crap! She looks like she could be the love child of Courtney and Palau's Angie. This could be interesting.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Aug 3, 2006 @ 7:09 PM

Ooh! I used to chat on the internet with that Bob Ballantyne guy. He and I used to play online reality shows together. Havent been in contact with him in years, though.

Refresh

Refresh

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2006 @ 6:41 PM

I also know Bob in the same kind of way cavalier196, and as you, haven’t really had contact with him in a year or so either. That’s pretty great he’s on it, he’s a huge Survivor fan. Very friendly guy but definitely likes to win games. Fantasy games are one thing but watching him play the real thing will be interesting.

Edited by Refresh, Aug 6, 2006 @ 8:30 PM.

Ancient Nick

Ancient Nick

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2006 @ 10:07 PM

"Possible contestants" so far;

WOMEN
Jessica, 27 - Designer, Roller Derby competitor
Sarah, 22 - Model
Tracie, 31 - Swimsuit model, Landscaper
Tracy Lynn, unknown
MEN
Adam, 27 - Sales
Bob, 22 - Psych Student
Brad, 29 - Fashion
Kyle, 23 - Accountant
Piercy, 34 - Lawyer
Steve, 46 - Former Cop

Edited by Ancient Nick, Aug 9, 2006 @ 6:22 PM.

EllieH

EllieH

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2006 @ 10:15 AM

There should be a second Tracy on the women's list as well.

I have this nagging feeling I've met Kyle from Missouri City (near Houston) before, but I can't figure out when/ where that would have been.

Ancient Nick

Ancient Nick

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2006 @ 6:24 PM

There should be a second Tracy on the women's list as well.

I was hesitant to put her on as there is limited information - age, occupation, etc.

Edited: The website linked above is now talking about the possibliity of four tribes divided by race. Apparently it is a possibility

Edited by Ancient Nick, Aug 16, 2006 @ 12:36 AM.

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

• Interests:Filling in interests bubbles on websites

Posted Aug 21, 2006 @ 8:13 PM

Edited: The website linked above is now talking about the possibliity of four tribes divided by race. Apparently it is a possibility

I've heard this rumour as well, and there are just so many alarm bells going off in my head. The website already linked to has it divided (and this is the same I've read on other sites) as Caucasians/Asians/African-American/Latins. There are so many things that could go wrong with this.

AussieGirl

AussieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 1:54 AM

The Cast Announcement (and no doubt, the big twist) will be on the Early Show Wednesday, Aug 23.

P.S. How come I'm over here in Australia telling you Americans that? lol

rhody

rhody

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 10:56 AM

Have there been some bad casting spoilers around? Just looked at TDT for the first time in awhile, and both Tracys and Kyle are gone.

QueenV

QueenV

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 22, 2006 @ 10:06 PM

Thanks for the link. DOes anyone else think it odd that there are 5 caucasians, 5 asian, 5 African americans and 5 latios? Is this gonna be battle of the races or what?

jayseyfield

jayseyfield

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:42 AM

I've heard this rumour as well, and there are just so many alarm bells going off in my head. The website already linked to has it divided (and this is the same I've read on other sites) as Caucasians/Asians/African-American/Latins. There are so many things that could go wrong with this.

I rarely watch Survivor and only came here because of the Defamer posting this rumor/story on race thing.

I can only speak for myself but this is the exactly the kind of thing that would make me watch Survivor. It's going to be controversial but I find it compellling. I'm going to root for the asian tribe all the way. One guess why.

Edited by jayseyfield, Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:49 AM.

Gentian root

Gentian root

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 6:50 AM

Chills rooting for the white tribe if you're white. Bad form, and all that.
ETA: After the quick view on TES: Becky on Asian team = preYum! White chick with FireDancer's hair = preFeh!

Edited by Gentian root, Aug 23, 2006 @ 8:04 AM.

adso

adso

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:15 AM

Race, schmace, 13 of the 20 are from California, and 7 from LA. Did casting not feel like flying anywhere?

Edited by adso, Aug 23, 2006 @ 10:36 AM.

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:11 PM

Race, schmace, 13 of the 20 are from California, and 7 from LA. Did casting not feel like flying anywhere?

I noticed that immediately. Then again, it is California. Probably half of those are actually struggling actors/models.

DOes anyone else think it odd that there are 5 caucasians, 5 asian, 5 African americans and 5 latios? Is this gonna be battle of the races or what?

Oh, hell will be going down if they do that. Unless they're certain that by the end of the show, all the people will be hugging and smiling, it's a recipe for disaster.

ETA: Oh, suspicious as hell is the group picture that hints four groups of five, divided by race. I mean, they're all standing right next to each other.

Edited by Mr. 888, Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:14 PM.

kafski

kafski

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:15 PM

Oh, hell will be going down if they do that.

They're doing it. Announced this morning.

I HATE it when shows cast from one area of the country. 13 from CA and 7 of those from LA? Come on. Let's have some geographical diversity. Not to mention, actors/models makes for a dull show (Amazing Race, I'm looking at you).

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

• Interests:Filling in interests bubbles on websites

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:16 PM

The cast.

Doesn't CBS have PR people? Didn't these people do the sensible thing and run screaming around the CBS offices, declaring what a bad, bad, bad idea this could be?

(I refer, of course, to the split race thing, and also the fact that there are TWENTY people.)

Edited by MarchingOcelot, Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:18 PM.

MikeFF

MikeFF

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:29 PM

It's nice to see that half of the contestants are over 30.

cambridgeguy

cambridgeguy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:30 PM

I don't think that splitting by race is a bad thing. What will probably happen is that petty bickering and collapsing under stress is a universal trait.

It looks like they are ditching the physically limited older cast members, and none of the 40ish guys look like they are ready to fill the Tom/Terry Superman role.

smartveronica

smartveronica

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 12:42 PM

Adam is my new imaginary TV boyfriend. I'm just calling that now.

I'm curious why they are doing the 20 people cast again. There must be another one of those double elimination TCs coming up at least once. And I'm sure the tribe split won't last long, anyway. The 4-group age split of last season lasted all of one episode.

seltzer4

seltzer4

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 1:14 PM

On survivorfever...it hints that the Asian Americans get pagonged.

Krissie

Krissie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 1:20 PM

Last time there were 20 castaways/4 tribes, they merged pretty quickly. The divide-by-race tribes will probably only last the first episode.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 1:39 PM

And unless I'm seeing things wrong, only one out of 20 is from a state that doesn't have an ocean coastline. Unless you count D.C., but I think it's close enough to the coast.

bahamarita

bahamarita

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 2:53 PM

Here's hoping this tribe division-by-race goes away in the same 3 days as last season's tribe division-by-age did. Stupid idea. Stupid. It's not clever, it's not interesting, it's not even a strategy. Whoever thought of this needs to be voted off/fired/exiled.

CrazyDog

CrazyDog

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 3:27 PM

It's hard to tell from this article, but it does sound like the divide might last for awhile.

Willba

Willba

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 3:30 PM

Of course we could have had an international tribal Survivor. Sort of the a survivor olympics.

See the Canadians vs the Americans !

See the British vs the Swiss !

Will the underdog Lithuanians be able to keep up with the tribal skills of the Kenyans ?

Edited by Willba, Aug 23, 2006 @ 3:31 PM.

Miles Bennell

Miles Bennell

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 4:10 PM

Other than the Boxer/ Waitress, none seem to have survival type training. Seems like most have career fields generally geared outside the physical, and that has meant something in the past - the players who had strong physical background managed to remain factors well into the game. Though there be exceptions, Cirie most notable.
I can't wait to hear discussion on favorites for certain tasks based on race - folks on the board always manage to uncork hilarious stereotype stuff that makes me laugh and cringe all at once.
The race division thing is at least another wrinkle to the 'formula', so that little innovation is something different.
Other than having Probst's life hang in the balance, I can't think of another variation on the game that would really capture my attention.