Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: 11 Herbs and Spices

• Please log in to reply

3519 replies to this topic

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2014 @ 5:27 PM

Apparently the finale was filmed in Hawaii.

foolmt

foolmt

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 1:26 AM

I'm trying to find it again, but a reporter interviewing Nicholas Elmi in Philadelphia noted tha Nick had to leave for a hunk of time in October right around or before he opened his restaurant. The reporter asked him why but Nick wouldn't elaborate. Ugh I think it was an interview w the Inquirer. I'm thinking though that the timing was off. Did they film the finale yet?

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 1:41 AM

Yes, according to an interview with Stephanie the finale was filmed in Hawaii. They didn't mention dates, perhaps they filmed it early this season to accommodate Gail's pregnancy.

ClaireO

ClaireO

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 11:20 AM

Even if it involved the finale, the show often allows the finalists to receive assistance from recently eliminated chefs. So Nick could have participated in the finale without being a finalist. At least that's what I hope!

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 3:17 PM

Nick mentioned in another interview that he had a "heavy travel schedule" which was why he postponed opening his restaurant until November of last yar.

foolmt

foolmt

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 5:41 PM

I found the link:  http://www.zagat.com...n-east-passyunk. The article says he was out of town for much of October.  I think that if they were simply helping the chefs, it would only be for a few days... maybe a week?  Or maybe they were still filming earlier episodes of Top Chef in October?  

wingsabre

wingsabre

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 20, 2014 @ 3:05 AM

In the last Last Chance Kitchen, with Brian, Tom mentioned that the winner of that episode would be the last one to win in New Orleans, or something to that fact.  The next Last Chance Kitchen episode will be filmed in Hawaii, so for all we know, Nick could have been eliminated and had to fly to Hawaii to do Last Chance Kitchen.  Also, these reality shows have flew the entire cast to the finale filming location before, either to participate, or to keep speculation down on who are the finalist.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 11:42 PM

With Nick now guaranteed a place in the finale, and given he left his job on a leave of absence to film the show... and didn't go back there, but opened his own restaurant... makes me think he did very well. As in, maybe he won. Purely speculation on my part, but it all seems to fit. I'm loopy on sinus meds, what do I know? :)

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 11:45 PM

He mentioned in several early episodes that he was in the process of opening his own place

Edited by biakbiak, Jan 22, 2014 @ 11:46 PM.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 11:49 PM

Just my opinion and gut instinct, biakbiak. But thanks, I didn't remember that.