S3: Laura Bennett

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2878 replies to this topic

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Aug 28, 2008 @ 11:37 AM

So good to see the lovely, elegant Laura again. I wish they'd let her talk more, but when she did, she was to the point, but not gratuitously cruel.

I did love her "Excuse me?" response to Keith, although the previews made it look like a very different exchange than it turned out to be.

Deathbyblonde

Deathbyblonde

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2008 @ 12:46 PM

*sigh* Laura, you will forever have my heart with your red-haired, badass, milfness. Love her.

I did love her "Excuse me?" response to Keith, although the previews made it look like a very different exchange than it turned out to be.

That was great. Laura definitely knows how to deal with a sass-mouth.

Somethyme

Somethyme

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2008 @ 2:15 PM

That was great. Laura definitely knows how to deal with a sass-mouth.

That comes from dealing with 90387438 kids. I loved that comment too. I just couldn't remember if she said, "Pardon me?" or "Excuse me?".

PorkFat

PorkFat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2008 @ 4:48 PM

Here's one for all of the "bad" mommies!

MissGreen

MissGreen

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 8, 2008 @ 12:44 PM

Here's one for all of the "bad" mommies!

I never understood the fuss over Laura, but I just converted to the Laura-love. Bad mommies unite!!!!

PMS Babe

PMS Babe

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2008 @ 12:25 PM

Just rewatched her collection which I tivo'd the other day. Still love it. LOVE IT!

Just googled her. Seems she now does a collection for QVC. It's not particularly well reviewed from a quality standpoint. It also is also sportswear, which is not her forte.

Minxs

Minxs

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2008 @ 9:10 PM

Just googled her. Seems she now does a collection for QVC. It's not particularly well reviewed from a quality standpoint. It also is also sportswear, which is not her forte.

Just curious, do you have a link? I also Googled her but didn't find a review of the clothing, which I'd like to see before considering a purchase.

MrsJeter

MrsJeter

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 10:47 PM

Another blog by Laura. I think she's found her calling, she really is hilarious.

Somethyme

Somethyme

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 12:09 PM

That is absolutely hysterical! Laura is a total hoot! Thanks for the link, MrsJeter.

BorkBork

BorkBork

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 20, 2009 @ 5:51 AM

Read her blog for the first time today. She reminds me of Erma Bombeck! Cool! I still want to see more designs though.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2009 @ 3:09 PM

Laura's getting her own show!

xerinahsss

xerinahsss

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 8:27 AM

I saw Laura in central park yesterday with one of her children. I wanted to stop her and get a picture with her but I didn't want to disturb them.

Gardel

Gardel

Fanatic

• Interests:Psychiatry(doh!)<br />Knitting<br />Tv(doh!)

Posted Nov 21, 2009 @ 12:02 PM

Any updates on when's Laura show premiering?

Seshat23

Seshat23

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 15, 2010 @ 12:04 PM

For anyone who hasn't checked out Lifetime's website, Laura has been doing a blog on Project Runway this season. I've really enjoyed reading her entries. As can be expected, she has great taste and her writing is intelligent and witty.

dietplum

dietplum

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2011 @ 1:00 PM

Laura Bennett's attempts at humor are just as labored, lofty, self-referential, and smug as her designs.

Edited by dietplum, Oct 23, 2011 @ 7:57 PM.

IttyBittyFlavur

IttyBittyFlavur

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2011 @ 8:24 PM

The boys seemed in on the joke on tape

As confirmations go, kind of ambiguous. BTW, unless you have a mouse in your pocket, you might reconsider the "we."

tvmovielover

tvmovielover

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 4:52 AM

I was never a big Laura fan-I thought the jodphurs as her casual wear thing was really pretentious as were her commentaries on the other designers her season. She still has her own very particular aesthetic when critiquing but I see from her commentaries on later seasons that she is big on tongue and cheek stuff and I agree that maybe this little film is in that category. There are many cases where people did have favorites and that hurt other family members but I think this is a joke. There was some favortism in my mom's family but we had our own set of jokes about who was the favorite making fun of that. It would have sounded horrible then if anyone heard it and would sound horrible now if I wrote some of the stuff here but it really was a joke. Her error was showing a family joke on television maybe.

Oldernotwiser

Oldernotwiser

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 4:53 PM

My problem with her was always that she designed for herself and only herself. Anyone with any boobs at all couldn't wear her huge v-necks without having to resort to the dreaded "modesty tab." (TM Michael Kors)

But if you ever have to go in for open heart surgery, if you wear one of her designs, you're dressed for the occasion.

IttyBittyFlavur

IttyBittyFlavur

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 11:16 PM

Anyone with any boobs at all couldn't wear her huge v-necks

Can we please shoot this dead horse already?

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 10:02 AM

It's funny, the article says she only has 2 plunging v's. I see at least 4 (there are two others that I think are kinda negligible.)

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jan 15, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

One is a neckline created by a jacket and one is a shirt that is unbuttoned to like the second button.

Anyways, I love Laura's commentary and even though she is very polarizing I think she is probably my favorite PR cast member of all time. I was shocked that she didn't get a spot in the cast of all stars.

lovinbob

lovinbob

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

Is she blogging All Stars? I saw one post, right after the first episode, but I can't find it and haven't seen anything for the second.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

If anyone finds a link to all star recaps from her please post it!

redheadgal

redheadgal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

If anyone finds a link to all star recaps from her please post it!

You're wish is my command...she is posting on Lifetime Moms at

Laura Bennet Blog for All-Stars

I love that she gives her opinion straight-up, even if I don't always agree with her.

Tory

Tory

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

For anyone interested, Laura has a new book out:

Handmade Chic: Fashionable Projects That Look High-End, Not Homespun.

I checked it out at my library, but haven't had time to go through it yet.

Crystal

Crystal

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

Laura's husband passed away from cancer.

Peter Shelton, Architect Who Made Luxury Minimal, Dies at 62.

redheadgal

redheadgal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

Thanks Crystal for the information. I had wondered why Laura hadn't blogged about the last two episodes on the PR website. I really appreciate her commentary and insight -- I always read her commentary as soon as it is available. I am truly sorry to hear about her loss and my heart aches for her children.

Edited by redheadgal, Sep 2, 2012 @ 8:50 PM.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

That is so sad! My condolences.

shipmate

shipmate

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 3, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

Sincerest condolences to Laura and her boys. So so sad.