The West Wing

• Please log in to reply

15675 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 9:39 AM

Please continue your TWW talk here!
I moved a couple of the popular game threads over to the Rec Room.

HungryHippo2004

HungryHippo2004

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 9:41 AM

Aw no it's finally gone :(

This'll be a busy board I'm sure!

rkolker

rkolker

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 9:46 AM

I guess it's really over...well except for that made for TV movie Aaron is going to write :)

crqcici

crqcici

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 9:47 AM

I've got to say I was shocked to finally see it PH'ed. We'll have to find a way to reconcile all threads in here, and I know that no matter what ship or character you prefered, we can all agree that this was an exceptional show. Thanks to TWoP for making it even better by bringing on the debate, TWW deserves and has had the best fans, lets keep it that way!

fierce2soar

fierce2soar

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 11:25 AM

Some Emmy nominations require further review

I'm not among those baffled by the nomination of "The West Wing" as best drama in its final season. It deserved the honor, concluding with a must-see campaign season that will get more attention on DVD than it did with Nielsen this season.

More baffling to me was the absence of Bradley Whitford, who as campaign director Josh Lyman deserved a best actor or best supporting actor nomination. His cast mates, Martin Sheen and Alan Alda, earned their nominations, but this was Whitford's season.

I'm hoping for a win for both Sheen and Alda. One being the old-timer and the other the newcomer -- would be a great way to honor the exceptional acting in the show.

"The West Wing" as best drama ... of course!

natali23

natali23

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 11:50 AM

What?!? Noooo.... Our forum...its finally gone...I knew this day would come. I just tried to deny it. All those posts...I'm afraid that I might be mourning this loss more than the actual show's ending.

Now that the forum has disappeared, I have to confront the terrible truth that its really over.

Well, to say something on topic, I'll pretend this is my beloved Fan Fiction thread and ask: Jen? Any new updates? I need some fluff.

Also, I hope Martin Sheen wins the Emmy for his work on all seven seasons, but I personally don't understand why Alan Alda keeps getting nominated. He was a good Vinick, but he was really a minor player, and I feel like his nomination is more name-recognition and "hey, Alda's a good actor" than anything. The look Bradley Whitford gave when Annabeth said Leo was dead knocked my socks off. He deserves an Emmy for that look alone. But alas, the Emmys always disappoint and confuse me.

Penguin22

Penguin22

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 11:58 AM

The Emmy tapes are quite good selections overall. How Institutional Memory didn't get picked over Undecideds is beyond me, and I might have gone for Transition over Requiem too, but other than that I'd say that they did a good job.

The following are the submission tapes for this year's Emmys:

Martin Sheen (Best Actor Drama):
"Tomorrow"

Allison Janney (Best Actress Drama):
"Institutional Memory"

Alan Alda (Best Supp. Actor Drama):
"Two Weeks Out" & "The Last Hurrah"

Series:
"Here Today" & "Undecideds"
"The Cold" & "Tomorrow"
"Election Day Pt. 2" & "Requiem"

Those are the Emmy submissions for anyone who missed them.

applepie77

applepie77

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 12:14 PM

Now that the forum has disappeared, I have to confront the terrible truth that its really over.

Well, to say something on topic, I'll pretend this is my beloved Fan Fiction thread and ask: Jen? Any new updates? I need some fluff.

Well I guess denial is no longer the river in Egypt. Daymn, that was fast - WW was in usual spot this am. Just a question -- is any of the stuff from the sub-threads archived anywhere? (The FF subthread had some good links).

Nice to see BW doing something OTHER than S60. Any casting news or any news on JaMo?

And yes, Jen, we are patiently waiting for more "Ramblings from an Insane and Desperate Man". Patiently I tell you

candidata

candidata

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 12:36 PM

Oh no ... how can thay do this....
CJ-Danny / CJ talks to continue here:

http://tv.groups.yah.../CJDannyFanFic/

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 12:42 PM

Just a question -- is any of the stuff from the sub-threads archived anywhere? (The FF subthread had some good links).

Right here.

annasaunt

annasaunt

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 1:15 PM

I was an occasional viewer who got hooked back into the show because of the dvds. I just started watching Season 6--saw the first Jimmy Smits episode last night-- and was wondering if anyone knows when Season 7 will be out on dvd.

Alan Swann

Alan Swann

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 2:50 PM

Region 2 version is due out in September... I haven't seen a U.S./Region 1 release date.

Ever stand in a parking lot, turning slowly in circles, sure that you left your car right here, but it isn't there? That's how I felt today: stuck in meetings all morning, poke my head in at TWoP on a break... and we're PHed. Sigh. Time for y'all to join us in the Studio 60 thread!

mjforty

mjforty

Stalker

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 3:00 PM

But you can't talk about the West Wing in the Studio 60s threads. Besides, there are people who are trying not to be spoiled for the premiere and I understand the script for the pilot has been out for weeks if not months. Yes, I know there are spoiler bars around things but there's a lot that can be picked up by the stuff people don't spoil. My infamous example is the poster who started a thread entitled "Did you hear what happens to Mrs. Landingham?" two months before 18th and Potomac aired. Didn't take a genius to figure out that Mrs. Landingham was going to die.

Edited by mjforty, Jul 12, 2006 @ 3:02 PM.

RedLady

RedLady

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 3:14 PM

So we got moved over here. Nice and shiny new territory!
I work in a call center. We had a bomb threat today. The supervisors were going around saying "If you are NOT on a call, log off the phones and evacuate the building and parking lot." What does that say about people who WERE on a call?
We were evacuated for about an hour, but there was a traffic jam getting OUT of the parking lot as well as coming back in. I suggest that next time we carpool or something. Stupid management!

mjforty

mjforty

Stalker

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 3:32 PM

Just a note, RedLady. This is a thread to talk about the show. The Meet Market thread is a thing of the past. You can get a warning for your off-topic post.

Penguin22

Penguin22

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 4:28 PM

Well I guess denial is no longer the river in Egypt. Daymn, that was fast - WW was in usual spot this am. Just a question -- is any of the stuff from the sub-threads archived anywhere? (The FF subthread had some good links).

Aside from the whole of the old forum being archived, someone made a post on their livejournal linking to every fanfiction site in the old thread, pretty much.

http://eloriekam.liv....com/13045.html

TheHousekeeper

TheHousekeeper

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 4:35 PM

*GASP.* See what happens when I leave the thread for a few days? :P

I guess we can look on the bright side. ... Hang on, I'm brainstorming one. Ah, yes! The farther we go from the finale of TWW, the closer we get to the premiere of S60? That work?

And yes, Jen, we love you and we want more fluff. Now. :D

jenwilson

jenwilson

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 4:35 PM

Wow. Having the thread moved is like cold water being splashed in my face. It's a little more final to me than the last episode was.

Here's chapter 4 to The Ramblings and Doings of an Insane and Desperate Man. I think this story's getting worse instead of better, so I'm going to be wrapping it up in the next chapter or 2.

tashiann11

tashiann11

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 4:49 PM

I was wondering when the forum was going to go away. I think it is fitting that it happened today since the lemonlymon.com episode of West Wing was on last night.

TheHousekeeper

TheHousekeeper

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 4:55 PM

the lemonlymon.com episode of West Wing was on last night.

Really? Missed it...

Having the thread moved is like cold water being splashed in my face. It's a little more final to me than the last episode was.

I still haven't realized that the new season won't start in September. Yuck.

RedLady

RedLady

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 5:11 PM

Thanks mjforty.

ajkane

ajkane

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 5:13 PM

So I just re-watched 365 Days and Liftoff today.

365 Days is really a great episode. I didn't think anything of it the first couple times I watched it, but damn, what an awesome John Spencer episode.

And Liftoff, of course, brings the funny strong.

And this new setup will take some time to get used to.

Ivang

Ivang

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 5:26 PM

I was wondering when the forum was going to go away. I think it is fitting that it happened today since the lemonlymon.com episode of West Wing was on last night.

Yeah. CJ's rant about people in chat rooms is one of my favorite scenes. "They're straight out of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!" ... "So far up your ass."

celticann

celticann

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 5:33 PM

Oh no ... how can thay do this....
CJ-Danny / CJ talks to continue here:

http://tv.groups.yah.../CJDannyFanFic/

Also, as soon as TVRefugee gets its virus problems cleared up, I will probably start a CJDanny thread over there.

from kolonaki in CJDanny Finally:

Woah guys! I mean, holy cow! 10 pages in the month I was gone? You've all gone uber fan fic productive I see! And I have a lot of reading ahead of me. Not that I'm complaining. ;) Its good to be back!

Welcome back!!

If we talk about all the aspects of the show in this thread, it'll grow fast even without any TMMing

I have a question and it's related to the show -- how does Andi(y) compare to CJ, heightwise? I could dig out my tape of "IM", I suppose.

(Feels weird not to see the peach/salmon/coral color)

TimmyHo

TimmyHo

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 5:54 PM

Wow. This is kind of it. I mean, for me, the show was on television and here. And now just this, which, is what it is. The end.

Bummer.

I'll get more work done, at least.

It's been real.

wwhk

wwhk

Stalker

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 6:05 PM

Just in case anyone of you hasn't seen it here is TWOP's "obituary" for TWW.
"It was a show about a fictional Presidency that was far superior to any of the actual ones it matched up against. President Bartlet and his motley staff were fair, just, commanding, and comedic at just the right spots. But as you might expect of a show about the President, the term eventually had to end. (Curse that pesky 22nd Amendment!) When it came time to elect someone new, NBC finally realized it should quit while it was ahead, and impeached the show. Relive the seven seasons of glory here."

I'm loving that we've got such a nice obituary for the show. Compare this to the scathing remarks about Commander in Chief, Sex and the City, et al. I think that TWW and Sports Night have two of the nicest obituaries on the site- testament to the power of the Sorkin.

msmplm

msmplm

Fanatic

Congrats to Maxie3987 for making the last official post in the forum.

Just watched Inauguration Pt 2 last night. I love the snowball, Josh/Donna scene. So many funny, funny lines. I'm not sure what my favorite is but Toby's "Hello, National Enquirer" and Josh's double take has to be up there.

msmplm

msmplm

Fanatic

Double post - sorry!

Edited by msmplm, Jul 12, 2006 @ 6:08 PM.

Alexandria

Alexandria

Stalker

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 9:29 PM

But you can't talk about the West Wing in the Studio 60s threads.

I think over 7 years there's a bit of West Wing schmutz almost everywhere at TWoP.

I go to Toronto for 2 days and come back to PH-city. Not a surprise really, but the end of an era. Nice to have a new place to revisit old friends.

This weekend I discovered that you don't have to see TWW to see TWW. Especially in a car with a DVD player for the back seat, and you're in the front seat.

GeorgiaGuy

GeorgiaGuy

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 9:40 PM

I was gonna post this in the "Bringing the Funny..." thread, but.....

Anyway, hoping some of you can help me locate a scene I vaguely recall. It's during the Bartlet re-election campaign. There is talk about getting out the vote and Josh (I think) ask why they would want people to vote since most of them are ill-informed, etc. Anyone know what episode I'm taking about?? Any help would be appreciate and will keep me from losing my mind trying to recall it.