S3 - Jeffrey Sebelia

• Please log in to reply

2026 replies to this topic

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2006 @ 7:58 PM

Here's his company website. I like a lot of his clothes—him? That remains to be seen.

My one hope: that he wears tank tops a lot so I can finally figure out what's written all over his neck.

Edited by Major Misfit, Jul 10, 2006 @ 8:00 PM.

Blueberry17

Blueberry17

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 2:32 PM

I like his clothes. And I think hes hot! I just hope we dont see Santino 2.0.

brneyedblueluvr

brneyedblueluvr

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 6:13 PM

I agree he's hot, but I have a feeling he will rival Santino in being an ass. I'm giving him the benefit of doubt because I think I seen Detroit tattooed in his neck, but I could be wrong.

lillyrayne

lillyrayne

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 10:17 PM

I definitly seen the word Detroit on his neck (Whoo! Home town!) So now I love him... but all I could do is try to figure out what the rest said and it is driving me batty.
Than on the other side I thought is said harrison but harrison detroit? That makes no sense to me.
I think he's hot. For sure.

FleaBailey

FleaBailey

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 10:23 PM

Guy looks like an alligator or crocodile to me. Or like the Lizard Man that Captain Kirk fought on that old episode of Star Trek. You know, shoulders connected directly to head via the world's widest neck. I kept wondering why he kept wearing the dorky hoody--now I know.

Oh well. Different strokes for different folks.

gunfen

gunfen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2006 @ 11:24 PM

lillyrayne:

Than on the other side I thought is said harrison but harrison detroit? That makes no sense to me.

He mentioned his son was named Harrison.

boris

boris

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 12:06 AM

Is there some reason why he can't remain without his hood among mortals?

Elphaba

Elphaba

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 12:05 AM

Well, if the tattoo didn't tell you he's a rebel bad boy, his behavior in the first episode did. He jumped on the bed. On the bed. With his shoes on! And he had one of those joke handshake buzzer things! Maybe next week he'll go wild and run with scissors.

Ass.

snuffles

snuffles

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 1:44 AM

I agree he's hot, but I have a feeling he will rival Santino in being an ass.

I agree. He was much too cocky about his "layered" design and making fun of everyone else's design.

hide the body

hide the body

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 7:08 AM

My boyfriend watched part of the show with me, and every time Jeffery was on screen, he just could not contain his hatred. The first time Jeffery appeared, he almost yelled "Oh my God, I want to punch him in his stupid neck!" The B.F. is not a violent person, mind you, but something about Jeffery just makes him really primally angry. All subsequent appearences of Mr. Sebelia were met with profanity and threats of nard-kicking.

I can kind of see his point. I have this horrible feeling that Santino coached him - "Dude, just be as loud, abrasive, and annoying as humanly possible. Nobody will forget you." Except Santino is actually funny, and Jeffery has a joy buzzer and an air horn. Anyone honks an air horn at me, I stab them.

E.T.A. - What the hell happened to his eyebrows, anyway?

Edited by hide the body, Jul 13, 2006 @ 7:11 AM.

blaase

blaase

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 7:21 AM

He is kinda hot I guess, I might think that cause he's the butchest guy there though. His neck however is DISGUSTING. Not just because of that hideous tattoo either, it just looks really fleshy and wide.

drsmartassphd

drsmartassphd

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 8:15 AM

So, Jeffrey's girlfriend and I share a first name (Melanie) and our sons share the same name (Harrison). Kind of eerie.

SecretCover

SecretCover

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 8:59 AM

They give him a model and he turns her into a drag queen. His model looked very...dragish...

BeresfordLane

BeresfordLane

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 9:21 AM

I was desperately hoping he would be the boot-ee. The arrogance is irritating, but the whole UniBomber look is really creeping me out.

YellowKid

YellowKid

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 9:24 AM

If you've got a big-ass Komodo dragon neck, you want to call as much attention to it as possible. He SO rocks! I know this because he told us.

MissJudy

MissJudy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 10:47 AM

Hate. Complete and total hate.

As my BF and I were watching, every time this man came on the screen I would say, "Dirty Jeff. Dirty, dirty, dirty, Jeff."

Please take a shower, comb the ridiculously faux 'hawk out of your hair, and have laser removal of that hideous neck tattoo.

The guy's "edginess" is hardly unique or groundbreaking. Just because he considers himself so "rock n' roll" does not make him so. Can you just hear his inner dialogue:

I know! I'll throw FEATHERS all over the runway! That will be SO rock n' roll! **Air guitar & eyes squeezed shut & tongue extended a la Gene Simmons. **

It's a tired, old schtick and his snarkiness is not amusing.

chic_girl85

chic_girl85

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 11:11 AM

Is there some reason why he can't remain without his hood among mortals?

Because without the hood, we're all forced to stare into the black abyss that is his neck?

Dude needs to get over himself. It's a good thing he went last on the runway, because if I were after him, I'd be pissed about the feathers. That's not a cool thing to do.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 11:24 AM

When he was rattling off in his bio video who his "rock and roll" clients were, he included Britney fucking Spears along with other lame pop acts. He's like Travis Barker but faux-skankier.

DoubleTee

DoubleTee

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 12:02 PM

I was really disappointed he wasn't sent packing tonight. He's annoying, seriously -- I mean, seriously -- fugly, and neck tattoos are an absolute "N-O" with me.

Edited by DoubleTee, Jul 13, 2006 @ 1:31 PM.

supri

supri

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 12:13 PM

He SO rocks! I know this because he told us.

Bwahahaha!

I had such hope for him as someone who did cool, edgy, anti-pretty work but he fell prey to the Franco effect. And combined with the Santino effect, you get the Massive Tool effect.

Edited by supri, Jul 13, 2006 @ 12:13 PM.

atlantis81

atlantis81

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 12:24 PM

Guy looks like an alligator or crocodile to me. Or like the Lizard Man that Captain Kirk fought on that old episode of Star Trek. You know, shoulders connected directly to head via the world's widest neck. I kept wondering why he kept wearing the dorky hoody--now I know.

Hahahaha... everytime he came on the screen, I kept waving my hand like I had a magic wand and kept saying "be gone!" I couldn't help it. Not only is he fug, his designs are fug, his personality is fug, the things he has to say are fug... At least I have someone to root against now. But if he makes it past the next two or three episodes, i'm gonna be mad. He is not Santino. Santino was entertaining, at least, and could be funny. Santino was snarky. Santino's designs were either gorgeous of f'ing crazy. I can say nothing good about Jeffrey, thus far.

epogurl

epogurl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 12:34 PM

I'm total agreement with everyone about his ugly neck. I felt like asking him why he would want to call attention to his ugliest feature. If you work in fashion, you should be able how to make things look better, not worse.

desdamonab

desdamonab

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 12:59 PM

This will be the unpopular opinion, but neither Jeffrey nor his personality bugged me. Well, not very much. He's got a very particular design aesthetic. They knew it when they cast him. For all Nina's (and Michael's) yapping about taste level, whatever the hell that means, there's no reason to expect, nor should they want, a designer to change his core design principles, particularly on a challenge meant to express the designer's unique vision.

The deconstructed rock and roll punk aesthetic is what it is. Santino did it to a point; so did Jay. Jeffrey's individual pieces were fine as expressions of himself. He was overly ambitious. The feather thing was stupid. A show business type should know not to pull that kind of crap until he knows his audience. But I think (maybe hope) that the bottom two finish was meant as an "a la Santino" bitch slap from the judges to wake him up to the fact he's a talented fish in a new pond and he needs to adapt. Time will tell.

Personality wise, he comes from the rock and roll industry, he's trying to make an impression on the judges and the other designers, he's trying to establish himself as the punky alpha male. I'm too old to go for the type myself, but I'd rather see that than the wallpaper that was poofy comforter dress guy.

Edited by desdamonab, Jul 13, 2006 @ 12:59 PM.

SecretCover

SecretCover

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 1:26 PM

When he was rattling off in his bio video who his "rock and roll" clients were, he included Britney fucking Spears along with other lame pop acts.

Don't forget Jennifer Lopez! She's so rock n roll. I'm surprised he didn't mention Ashlee Simpson and Avril Lavigne.

Elphaba

Elphaba

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 1:31 PM

Personality wise, he comes from the rock and roll industry, he's trying to make an impression on the judges and the other designers, he's trying to establish himself as the punky alpha male.

Yes, it's obvious he's trying. The tattoo, the jumping on the bed and joy buzzer (thanks to whoever posted the name. I couldn't remember what they were called. Probably because I haven't seen one since grade school). Good God, what a goon. I didn't mind Santino as much because, though I think he came alive in front of the cameras, he was being himself, ultimately. The songs and impressions all would have happened with or without cameras around, I think. But this guy? He's just coming across as trying too hard and it's falling flat. To me, anyway.

SillyMamma

SillyMamma

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 2:19 PM

I finally realized who he reminded me of: the dummy attached to Mark Wing-Davies when he played Zaphod Beeblebrox in the '80s BBC version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Observer:

http://i107.photobuc...amma/zaphod.jpg
http://i107.photobuc...mma/zaphod2.jpg

BoozeGood

BoozeGood

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 2:51 PM

I agreed with the judges, the coat was nice and the dress was nice, but together it was impossible to even see one cohesive outift. Too wierd, but he has potential. His personality is annoying, not because he's a douche, but because he's the least original douche on planet earth. There's nothing about his shtick that Santino and other reality villains haven't done ten times over. At least what's fun about Keith(psycho!) and Malan(walking caricature) is that they are entertainingly annoying. He's just irritating with no fun.

humbleonion

humbleonion

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 3:40 PM

Anyone who referrs to J friggin Lo & Gwen Stephani as rock stars is clearly a stupid asshole. A joy buzzer? You've got to be kidding me. Seething hate.

desdamonab

desdamonab

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 4:54 PM

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be Jeffrey's best friend. I don't want to wear his outfit, although I might have worn a version of it when I was younger. It just seems hypocritical to rip a punk rock and roll designer** for being a punk rock and roll designer. I thought Heidi's comments about the uneven hem were stupid. If she had an issue with the construction, then sure. But she was critiquing it as a design issue. Once Jeffrey separated the pieces, they all pretty much acknowledge they were okay, so I don't know how predictive his bottom two finish actually is. The judges were reacting to Jeffrey on the basis of personal taste and dressing it up as objective "taste level". They seem to do that quite a lot (and then profess surprise when Santino produces a subdued final collection. Please). Whatever. They have to make a decision and I guess not knowing when to stop can be just as eggregious as not knowing when to start (Bradley, Allison, Katie, I'm talking to you), but in this case it was a matter of personal taste, and personal taste only.

I haven't developed the strong distaste for Jeffrey's personality others have, and I won't based on a situation in which he might be overcompensating. Maybe the "look at me, look at me" schtick IS trying too hard, but I don't know yet that it's not authentic. I thought I read somewhere that he spent part of his life as a street kid. If true, he's probably been trying too hard most of his life. That may in fact BE him. And if so, it's served him okay. If it's fake, so what? For me, personally, it hasn't begun to annoy. It might, but not yet. And he hasn't hurt anyone or been inappropriately personal in his criticisms of other designers (Santino). Might he be? It's possible, but I was getting more of a "like me, like me" vibe than an "FU" vibe, even though he tried to dress it up as "FU".

Truly, I haven't formed strong positive opinions about anyone (except Robert) or negative ones, except for Vincent. There's a genuine attention deficit looney tune who can't get off my tv soon enough. Other people's mental illnesses are boring.

**Sure, he listed JLo and Brittany Spears as rockers, but it was in the context of describing famous clients, not making fine distinctions about musical styles. I'm sure he knows the difference. It's a difference that wasn't important for his purposes at the time. And JLo does know a thing or two about fashion.

Edited by desdamonab, Jul 13, 2006 @ 4:56 PM.

tippytoe

tippytoe

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 13, 2006 @ 5:14 PM

For some reason Jeff reminds me of Travis Barker... anyone else? I think maybe it's the neck tattoo, which makes it look like he is holding his head oddly - like he is wearing a neckbrace or something.