3-5: "Regina and Angela" 2006.07.09 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

292 replies to this topic

TheWereCow

TheWereCow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 9:59 PM

Princess Saggytits really needed to be wearing a bra. That is all. (For now).

tinabee, I do believe I'll see your wayward decimal point and raise you a missing air date. I swear I put it in. Just pretend the parenthesis means 07.09.2006.

ETA: What did she say to her grandma?! We couldn't see the subtitles.

Edited by TheWereCow, Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:06 PM.

kirchlurk

kirchlurk

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:03 PM

Who says that to their grandma?!?!?!

jessicalynn1999

jessicalynn1999

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:01 PM

There are no words for Regina. And why did she marry David Gest?

And I'm sorry, but that bridesmaid/ cousin was dead on. Wedding day or no, bitch needed to be told off.

Edited by jessicalynn1999, Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:08 PM.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:06 PM

Jeez Louise. That veil was redamndiculous. If I'm not mistaken, Princess Di had a 25 foot veil, but she had the matching cathedral train, not to mention an actual cathedral. The veil looked almost exactly as long as the aisle, in what was basically a reception room. Twit.

I did love the irony of her complaining about incompetent people, after she didn't bother doing the seating charts until the morning of the frigging wedding. I was so waiting for her to trip on the edge of the dreadfully unsatisfactory dance floor and do a faceplant on her way into the hall. A bridesmaid or two might have burst into spontaneous applause.

Poor Domingos. His English really sucks, and he was just ignored after the queen plopped onto her throne to receive the masses. Get used to it, Minge.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:07 PM

Marsha was a bitch, Regina was a Bridezilla.
25 foot veil? What! Unless she's going to convert that thing into mosquito netting that was a waste of 1500 dollars. She could have chopped off 10 feet and saved a few bucks.
And what was with the lack of planning? For a control freak she wasn't nearly anal enough.
Why didn't she hold the ceremony in Portuguese? Poor Domingos and damn WE for not showing any footage of the hot breakfast.

Angela got some bootleg Hip Hop tonight - Gold Digger by Kanye West.

Edited by ChocolateCherry, Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:23 PM.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:10 PM

I'll reserve judgment on Angela until next week, because tonight her part was just a waste of time.

I'm not saying that Regina is a big honking heifer, but there is no freaking way that girlfriend is a size 7. For the last two weeks, she has only worn black pants with a jacket that covers her butt, but tonight she was in those light pants and shorter shirts, and it just highlighted the fact that she is lying. I don't know why she would lie (honestly, even though she may have been plus-sized before, she didn't look bad at all), but she is lying.

Her wedding dress didn't fit right, the bridesmaids dresses didn't fit right and the veil girls dresses didn't fit right. So I'm guessing that someone who does alterations wasn't included in the $75000 budget.

I agree that mad bridesmaid shouldn't have yelled at Regina in front of everyone, but come on. Regina was acting like a raging bitch, but she thought she was cute.

Her fake smile when she walked down the aisle was making me angry. She berated her entire wedding party all morning, but once she was in the spotlight all was forgiven. Gag.

If your guests haven't RSVP'd by the night before the wedding, tell them to find an empty place to sit. And really, why wouldn't you set up the seating arrangements like a week before the wedding, and then if you have to change something a day or two before it won't be that big of a deal?

Oh, that's right, because she didn't care that she was a Bridezilla. And she wore the tiara with a suit. Because Regina means "queen" in Latin, donchaknow.

Edited by bettymojo, Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:10 PM.

sjbrown25

sjbrown25

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:14 PM

Ten thousand f'ing dollars on FLOWERS?! Today, a wedding; tomorrow, compost. Money well spent, indeed.

Princess Saggytits really needed to be wearing a bra.

I know I wasn't the only one who could not stop staring at that, I just wanted someone else to say it first. What was she trying to do, do the most dramatic "before" and "after" possible for her guests?

And I'm sorry, but that bridesmaid/ cousin was dead on. Wedding day or no, bitch needed to be told off.

Damn you, Monica, for taking Regina's side. Just when I thought I was feeling sorry for you, you go and prove that, well, you are her sister, after all.

If I'm not mistaken, Princess Di had a 25 foot veil, but she had the matching cathedral train, not to mention an actual cathedral.

Oh, and she was also an ACTUAL princess.

African Orchid

African Orchid

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:15 PM

I have so many things to say on Miss Regina. She worked my absolute last nerve and I wasn't even in the daggone wedding. I don't give a rat's ass if it was her wedding day, I am so glad Leite got all up in her behind. Sorry, but it being your wedding day doesn't exclude you from getting screamed on when you choose to be a raging bitch. And not only was the seating chart not done but she was actually seating people herself.

Now, am I the only one that felt that she was squeezing tears out during the receiving line? All that wiping her eyes and it took a minute before I actually saw a tear and it looked like she farted trying to squeeze that one out.

And I won't even get into that ridiculous veil. She is an idiot on so many levels.

kayobe

kayobe

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:18 PM

The background music they had playing while they had the first Angela segment on was horrible. I couldn't hear what anyone was saying. When driving in the car did she say she didn't have her license?

Princess Saggytits - hahahaha!!

I can't belive she said to her grandmother she was glad she was alive to come to her wedding!!

Not only does Sylvester Cummings not speak English well he also has a speech impediment. Poor guy.

librarygurl

librarygurl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:16 PM

I love when she had to re-say "All the days of my life" for Sly Cummings- the look on her face was: "you better believe it".

Also, Monica just wanting a thank you and then a dinner. What, the hot breakfast not good enough?

Should there be pride in being a bridezilla?

JDub1

JDub1

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:21 PM

What did she say to her grandma?! We couldn't see the subtitles.

She said "I'm glad you're alive to see this", or something close to that.

I too was wondering why the cermony wasn't in Portuguese, since there seemed to be a lot of family there.

The cousin had every right to tell Regina off. She was being a major bitch whose lack of planning caused all of the delays. Way to make sure no one enjoyed your wedding day, and will always have the memory of you being a supreme bitch who pulled out the crocodile tears after the ceremony. Nothing gave her the right to treat her family and bridal party as she did. What was most fucked up about that is that when the bridesmaid tried to speak her mind, Regina interrupted her to start bitching at Monica.

Regina seriously needs to calm the fuck down. Why the hell didn't she pay for a wedding planner? This bitch is such a control freak that she insisted on seating people before the reception. If your ass is too lazy to get it done before the wedding day, just let everyone seat themselves or assign family tables.

I hated the way her sister and the other girls were laughing like it was the funniest thing ever when Regina was being a major bitch during the rehearsal. It was not cute or funny; Regina was being completely rude and disrespectful.

A wedding day is supposed to be a joyful time. Regina sucked any semblance of joy out of that day. She's a stupid bitch. She even ruined the pictures by bitching the entire time. She had that tight, fake smile on her face. Her pictures will show all the tension on her face. She was way too obsessed with it being the wedding she always dreamed of to even allow herself to enjoy it.

And wow, it must be said: Domingos is ugly. He seemed like nothing more than a bit player rather than the groom. He didn't seem to be enjoying himself at all.

librarygurl

librarygurl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:23 PM

She had that tight, fake smile on her face. Her pictures will show all the tension on her face.

Oh and the bridesmaid to her left had a look of total disgust on her face. That will make wonderful wedding pictures that last forever when nobody else in your family is speaking to you.

RayvenFire

RayvenFire

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:27 PM

Regina's wedding,or our tax dollars hard at work. HATE I have a feeling she won't be receiving Disability much longer, you just know someone from the SS department was taking notes tonight. And I didn't think I could hate anyone more than Marsha.

Ten thousand f'ing dollars on FLOWERS?! Today, a wedding; tomorrow, compost. Money well spent, indeed.

Word, word, word! I bet she never even glanced at them.

Oh, that's right, because she didn't care that she was a Bridezilla. And she wore the tiara with a suit.

I bet she had it permanently implanted to her stupid head.

I don't get the need for a seating chart, how hard is it to pick a table and sit down? I loved the priest basically telling her to sit down and shut up. Made me giggle like a fiend. And her cousin calling her out, Awesome, don't care it was in front of everyone, just glad someone had the gonads to do what needed to be done. I read the look on her husbands face as "Help me, just wanted a green card!"

Oh and the bridesmaid to her left had a look of total disgust on her face.

I noitced that too. My husband said at the point the bridesmaid should have started sabtagoing the wedding, heh!

Previews, chick kicking the dresser than throwing herself on the bed....where do they find these people??

Edited by RayvenFire, Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:28 PM.

SandyToes

SandyToes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:29 PM

A wedding day is supposed to be a joyful time.

Exactly! A celebration, with the people you (and/or your parents) hold most dear. I think Regina's words as she walked out the aisle, "Well, thank God that's over!" sum it up.

All that anger, angst, yelling and stress or something she's glad is over. (and what was that mention last week, that she was trying to do this all in one week? Anyone else catch that?)

Every bride deserves a lovely day, a day to remember, and I'm glad she got the day she wanted. But at what cost? It is after all, just one day, and I've yet to see a Bridezilla mention anything much about the marriage, you know, the part after the dream wedding?

And as for Mr. Queen, why not hold the ceremony in Portugese? "all the days of my wife," indeed. hee. And a burn victim perhaps? Just a little odd...

We gasped at telling Grandma, "I'm so glad you are alive to see this." yikes.

Angela? I'm in Houston, and just went to a super, "oh my gosh" wedding, so I"m anxious to see if hers includes any of the elements I saw. Glad they have the bucks, but $100,000 would buy a nice home in most parts of the greater Houston area. Not that they need that, and both appear to be very well off, but still.

TheWereCow

TheWereCow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:42 PM

That's the beauty of "Bridezillas"! They don't have to find them, the brides come to them! Genius, no?

Regina is an asshat. At the end, when she was bitching that "if her wedding wasn't perfect, she'd have no one to blame but herself," SisterWC and I simultaneously observed that if her family and friends never speak to her again, she'll also have no one to blame but herself.

The pre-wedding hours were a disaster because she wanted them to be. She was filmed for weeks before the wedding, but she was so caught up in her friggin' 100 yard veil, her faux crystal bridesmaids gifts and her hot breakfast to actually get done what needed to get done. Stupid cow.

And that dress looks just like any dress you could pick up off the rack at David's Bridal. Really...go check out the website.

And, since it simply can't be said enough, "Domings" is fu-uh-uh-gly. Did anyone else notice that he sort of swallowed her face, a la David Gest and Liza-with-a-Z? The resemblance is stunning.

Also, my grandfather's name is Domingos (he's Portuguese too) and I have never ever ever ever ever ever ever heard anyone call him "Domings". What kind of a nickname is that? Oh, right, the kind only a woman who carts around her non-toy dog like it's an accessory would come up with.

brooke34

brooke34

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:47 PM

Two things to add to everyone else's astute observations:

1) I got SO sick of Regina shlepping around the gorgeous floors of this lovely venue in those stupid-ass pink fluffy slippers. I wanted to rip them off her feet and beat her to death with them. While stabbing her repeatedly in the eyes with her equally pink and fluffy pen.

2) Did anyone else notice that Domingos looked like a taller, homelier version of Peter Lorre? Ugh. (Yes, I know it's mean and tacky. I feel shame.)

jade76

jade76

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:48 PM

What bride stands outside the reception hall with a seating chart telling people where to sit? Lighten up and try to enjoy the day. I loved how they showed her crying, full of emotion (although I agree, it looked like it could have been fake) then cut to the groom sitting there looking bored and disinterested.

Edited by jade76, Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:49 PM.

Harry7045

Harry7045

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:51 PM

Mr Queen had his eyebrows waxed and shaped, did he not? Gawd but that guy is greasy. Ick! And don't get me started on his stupid hairdo with the fringe bangs. Jeez. Well, obviously he has no taste--look what he married.

Mrs Queen's veil looked like a decorated bolt of cheap netting. If she knows so much about dress design, she ought to have known that that monstrosity of a veil would catch on everything. I wonder how much lint, dog hair, toilet paper and chocolates they found in it after she took it off.

I also wonder if that dog took a dump in the castle. Ever hear of a kennel?

kayobe

kayobe

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 10:58 PM

I thought the veil and the many people it took to manage it was symbolic of her narcissistic demeanor. She couldn't do anything without bossing people around and having them trailing behind her holding up her veil.

I can't even fathom wearing an outfit that would require six other people's particpation for me to wear it.

Kudos to her cousin for telling her off. Regina wasn't even paying attention to her and started bossing someone else around. That's beyond rude.

freddi

freddi

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 11:06 PM

My first watching of an episode! OMG!!!!!

I do not think Domingo realizes he got married -- I think he was told he was a bit player in a television show, and just to move, speak, and ultimately SIT DOWN when told. I could not tell if he was bored or numb sitting off in the corner during the reception "line". The Princess clearly had no intention of trying to connect with him, except for the requisite poses.

What a complete lack of joy in what should be one of the most joyous days of the lives of everyone involved.

"Peter Lorre" -- THANK you for that -- you are exactly right!

SandyToes

SandyToes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 11:08 PM

That's beyond rude.

I wondered if, when Regina said people had been coming up to her and complaining about how members of the bridal party were being rude and obnoxious, if it wasn't in fact their attempt to get her to realize SHE was the culprit. Like that was going to work!

And don't even the brides magazines still give you some type of time-table? Here's what to do 6 months, 1 month, 1 week, day before stuff? I'd think if this is how she handled her own, personal pageant, anyone thinking of hiring her to coordinate a beauty pageant would seriously think twice.

And freddi, sweetie, this

The Princess

is incorrect. Regina means, Queen, remember. No hot breakfast! for you!! ;-) And what an episode to come in on. Hope you can catch the ones leading up to tonight's performance. man, oh, man.

Edited by SandyToes, Jul 9, 2006 @ 11:13 PM.

sjbrown25

sjbrown25

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 11:15 PM

I do not think Domingo realizes he got married

Seriously! And it doesn't have so much to do with his very limited English and not understanding very much of what is being said around him, it's that he was completely and utterly separated from EVERYTHING like this whole charade had nothing whatsoever to do with him until someone told him to put on this tux and stand here next to the priest. I really, really felt bad for him - and not just because he's just, willingly or not, committed himself to a lifetime (or until the day when he perfects his English enough to say "I want a divorce") with this horrid woman. This is supposed to be the most special day of his life, too, not just hers, and he just seemed so disconnected from it all. I mean, I know he doesn't speak much English, but include him in something! Poor little wax figure.

drivethroo

drivethroo

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 11:18 PM

I'm gonna have to come down on Monica's side: there is a time and a place for everything, and "telling it like it is" to the bride with an audience looking an hour before the ceremony is not the time or the place. If Liete didn't like Regina's attitude then Leite should have taken Regina to the side and "told it like it is" in private instead gathering up a crowd and putting Regina on blast. I'm sure this is not new behavior from Regina. Methinks Liete has more of a personal problem with Regina than just Regina's behavior at the wedding.

Domingos looks like he had Fetal Alcohol Syndrome or something. He needs to stop plucking/tweezing those eyebrows because they look scary.

And Angela's eyebrows look scary too. I guess all the non-white brides get brokedown hip hop music to accompany their stories.

Edited by drivethroo, Jul 9, 2006 @ 11:17 PM.

freddi

freddi

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 11:26 PM

Methinks Liete has more of a personal problem with Regina than just Regina's behavior at the wedding.

*Me*thinks that Liete wanted some camera time. She certainly got more than the groom!

Thanks for the correction, SandyToes! She is "Mrs. Queen" from now on!

neciamorris

neciamorris

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2006 @ 11:55 PM

*Me*thinks that Liete wanted some camera time. She certainly got more than the groom!

Ding, ding, ding. I think we have a winner.

TheWereCow

TheWereCow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 10, 2006 @ 12:06 AM

there is a time and a place for everything, and "telling it like it is" to the bride with an audience looking an hour before the ceremony is not the time or the place. If Liete didn't like Regina's attitude then Leite should have taken Regina to the side and "told it like it is" in private instead gathering up a crowd and putting Regina on blast.

However, we saw how well taking Regina aside to tell her like it is worked out when her sisters did it. If they couldn't break through the impenetrable wall of narcissism that perpetually surrounds Regina, Liete wouldn't have had a fighting chance. I think that with people like Regina, as bad as this sounds, they can only communicate via public displays like that.

And, let's face it, the groom got less screen time because, in Regina's world (and life) he's got a bit part, a walk-on role.

Edited by TheWereCow, Jul 10, 2006 @ 12:10 AM.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2006 @ 12:23 AM

I thought the way Regina dealt with her Matron of Honor was particularly rude. The woman came to her before taking the bag of whatever downstairs so there's no need to admonish her about talking to castle people. What's with having a Matron of Honor AND a Maid of Honor? Is that the hip thing?
I'm not a particularly superstitious person, but at 75,000 (106,000) dollars I'd think twice about getting married on Friday the 13th. Although I'm sure it was one of few open weekend dates.
Here's what I'm wondering (again I'm left with unresolved questions thanks to WE): Was the infamous October 31st ultimatum in 2005? I'm wondering if Domingos "proposed" and on Nov. 1 Regina went into rapid planning mode. If she was doing all of whatever in 2.5 months it would explain some of the costs and less than tailored dresses. Also was her rapid weight loss revolving around her plan to rope Domingos into marriage? In my mind it was September and she started covertly planning a wedding with weight loss and guest lists.

shibori

shibori

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2006 @ 12:50 AM

Her wedding dress didn't fit right, the bridesmaids dresses didn't fit right and the veil girls dresses didn't fit right. So I'm guessing that someone who does alterations wasn't included in the $75000 budget.

I was confused-the little pop up said, "Bridesmaids' dresses- $400." Each? I hope not, should have paid for a good seamstress instead. For all? Only wholesale or on eBay, and way to skimp on somthing people actually see rather so you can splurge on the ridiculous veil.

And who sits for their receiving line, making their guests lean down over your stupid dress to kiss you? Poor 90-something year old, on life support until the weddings over, swam here from Portugal uphill both ways granny had to hobble over and lean down to kiss the bitch, probably popping the last three discs left in her spine, just so the queen doesn't have to stand and greet her guests. Do you think granny was wondering why Fran Drescher was reading the vows?

I'm so disappointed we didn't get to see the HOT BREAKFAST these poor girls suffered for, and maybe I missed it, but I didn't see them wearing the cheap rhinestone jewelry she supposedly bought.

And though we didn't see much of new Bridezilla, that couple seemed like the mortgaged to the max, appearance is everything, sort of faux rich that makes me nauseous. Yes dear, its all about making sure that your wedding is the most blinged out anyone has ever seen. Its not about having a celebration of your marriage, or an event where people can enjoy themselves, its about one-upping all your friends until the next spoiled bitch sells a kidney to one up you a few weeks later. All these women just reek of desperation, and seem to have created for themselves exactly the life they deserve. I wouldn't trade places with any of them. What will Regina do the next morning when she wakes up and her dream day is over and Sylvester Dali is still lying next to her clutching his green card to his chest? But he loved her when she was fat, y'all.

And if any of you readers out there in TWoP land would like to purchase a $1500 veil, I'd be happy to sell you one for just $1400, and I'll even make it a few feet longer, and throw in an even bigger tacky rhinestone crown. Because "snark" means "queen" in latin.

talkstoomuch

talkstoomuch

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2006 @ 1:04 AM

Now, am I the only one that felt that she was squeezing tears out during the receiving line? All that wiping her eyes and it took a minute before I actually saw a tear and it looked like she farted trying to squeeze that one out.

Nope. I thought so, too. In fact, the first real tear appeared when she started talking about her grandmother's impending death.

A wedding day is supposed to be a joyful time. Regina sucked any semblance of joy out of that day.

Finally got to see Regina's pageant planning skills. All that obsession with appearances, bossiness and fake emotion gave the whole thing a "Miss Oheka Castle" feel. And even when everything played out, she didn't even have real relief. Faker.

And as for Mr. Queen, why not hold the ceremony in Portugese?

Because it's not about him!

And as for Mr. Queen...a burn victim perhaps? Just a little odd...

Absolutely. That would explain the stiffness, the greasiness and the weird ass lips. But not the fug. Only his parents can explain the fug.

sjbrown25

sjbrown25

Posted Jul 10, 2006 @ 1:10 AM

What's with having a Matron of Honor AND a Maid of Honor?

Matron of honor is a maid of honor who is married. And you need to have more than one maid/matron of honor because when you're a Queen, you have to have a ridiculously large wedding party to exemplify how truly special you are above everyone else and you need a classroom-size number of people to stand at the altar beside you and fake-smile their way through your damn vows.

I was confused-the little pop up said, "Bridesmaids' dresses- $400." Each? I hope not, should have paid for a good seamstress instead. For all?

Hee. Even though those dresses, to me, didn't look like they were worth 400 bucks, I would have to say it was definitely "each," since even though they didn't look like they were worth that much, they also couldn't possibly be so cheap that a dozen or whatever would total only 400.

Poor 90-something year old, on life support until the weddings over, swam here from Portugal uphill both ways granny had to hobble over and lean down to kiss the bitch, probably popping the last three discs left in her spine

Ah, but it was worth it. After all, she did hang on this long for the sole purpose of seeing Regina in a wedding gown.

I'm so disappointed we didn't get to see the HOT BREAKFAST these poor girls suffered for

I know! I feel cheated.

Edited by sjbrown25, Jul 10, 2006 @ 1:11 AM.