Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

• Please log in to reply

6364 replies to this topic

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 1:12 PM

Remembering fondly the days following Olympus Fashion Week where Getty Images had the photos of the contestants' collections and nearly every post on the old thread was black bar-red out and feeling badly for anyone who didn't want to be spoiled.

Bringing over this spoiler that bluejay posted in the old thread on July 8:

I guess no one saw the PR designs at Banana Republic last week? Sigh.

This was from forever ago, but I was there! A thousand thanks to whoever posted the information here; I saw it just in time.

There were ten designers competing in teams of two. Each had designed an outfit and a window display, and a model was standing in each window wearing the outfit. The street wasn't blocked off at all, so the sidewalk was full of camerapeople, hordes of production assistants, the designers, Tim Gunn (yay!), and the members of the public who were voting. There weren't many people there at all; I was there at the beginning of voting, and there seemed to be more PAs than passersby.

The theme seemed to be some combination of daytime/nighttime and work/play, with each outfit converting from officewear to eveningwear. All the outfits were some combination of black, white, and gray/silver. I wasn't blown away by any of the designs: (spoilered for descriptions of designers) Almost all of the designers were women, it seemed. One had a reversible bolero jacket. One had a supershiny silver halter top -- their model, a preposterously tall redhead, was stunning. One had a kimono-type jacket that didn't seem to go with the rest of the outfit, designed by a team of two men -- one shorter and muscular, one very tall with a crazy beard. I voted for an outfit designed by a team of two young women -- it was a flowered dress with black jacket. At one point, one of the shoulder pads fell out of the jacket, and the model put it on her head like a yarmulke and kept dancing. It was really cute. That team seemed to be getting along well; some of the others, less so. The designers were directing their models to dance, turn around, and show off the clothes, and one team of two women (it might have been the one with the reversible jacket) seemed to be having some trouble communicating with their model. I overheard bits and pieces of conversations but couldn't really hear what Tim thought of the outfits.

ClarionGrad

ClarionGrad

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 3:12 PM

Even thinking about it now, I still get a giggle from all those lines and lines of black, post after post.

Maybe the title of this thread should have been Basic Black: the Spoiler Thread. LOL.

floretbroccoli

floretbroccoli

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:17 PM

Oh, I'm the one who posted the Banana Republic event. It was killing me that I couldn't go, so I glad somebody (one of us, one of us) did!

And how convenient to have bluejay's post here at the very beginning of the spoiler thread, so we can refer back to it when the episode finally airs! Thanks for taking care of this, Misfit! (Or should you be addressed by your rank?)

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:53 PM

HA! You only have to salute me in person, floretbroccoli! Oh, where oh where was my inner ClarionGrad when I started this topic?

I found another spoiler from the Old Thread from June 27, posted by anirroc:

Thought you all might enjoy this. I was at a fabric shop in Manhattan on Saturday and Project Runway came in to tape. According to a sales girl they go in this particular shop all the time. Tim Gunn did his little taping first, told them they had a half an hour. Then they all scattered and ran around looking for fabric. I don't think there were many of them, so they must be pretty far into taping. There was a girl in an I [heart] Me t-shirt that seemed pretty cool. There was a guy with a really pig, poofy hair in a pony tail (afro style). And there was a guy dressed in all black with black hair slicked down his head. There were others (possibly a girl in jeans and a t with short blonde hair in a pony tail, but there were customers in the store, so I couldn't totally tell who was who.

My little sister followed the cameras around trying to get on. Tim was just walking around the whole time watching them. Nothing too excited, sorry I don't have more details, just thought I would share.

I think that's all we've got so far.

Edited by Major Misfit, Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:55 PM.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:06 PM

anirroc's spoiler would indicate Daniel gets aufed fairly early again. Not a surprise.

belsum

belsum

Stalker

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 11:25 AM

The theme seemed to be some combination of daytime/nighttime and work/play, with each outfit converting from officewear to eveningwear.

I just can't get past the fact that I had Day-to-Night Ken and Barbie. I can't wait to see who got their inspiration from those classics!

ErinntheRed

ErinntheRed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 19, 2005 @ 7:02 PM

anirroc's spoiler would indicate Daniel gets aufed fairly early again. Not a surprise.

And there was a guy dressed in all black with black hair slicked down his head.

The first person I thought of when I saw the above description was Daniel. Maybe he does make it pretty far.

Edited by ErinntheRed, Nov 19, 2005 @ 7:03 PM.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 2:14 AM

Like, half the guys have black hair that could be slicked down, so I'm not going to make much of that. What was anirroc's spoiler anyway?

Okay, so not really spoilers here, but the Bravo Schedule gives us some interesting episode titles, at least. We've got:

200 - Road to Runway
201 - Clothes Off Your Back
202 - All Dolled Up
203 - Team Lingerie

It looks to me like Heidi took a page from Tyra's book and is giving us one of those entertaining, yet pointless casting episodes. But how would the "semi-finals" challenge seen in the preview fit into all of this? That's clearly not the whole second episode, right? Maybe that's part of "Road to Runway," and we'll see three people eliminated on our first night of PR? That'd be madness!

No idea what "All Dolled Up" could be about, but I'm exited to see "Team Lingerie" where they'll probably either be making a collection, or will team up to create pieces. Thankfully not for Sarah Hudson.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 6:11 AM

Krispy, the spoiler was three posts above yours.

My money's on Santino fitting that description. As I recall, he was kind of prominent in the PR2 commercials that ran during the marathon on Saturday.

Edited by Major Misfit, Nov 21, 2005 @ 6:13 AM.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 6:01 PM

Haha, thanks Major Misfit. I saw that, I was just wondering if that was the original context of the spoiler is all.

Good call on Santino, too. Although I just saw a lot of Heidi (the new one.)

aket

aket

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 24, 2005 @ 12:24 PM

Has anyone else noticed that all of the contestants except for Chloe and Daniel Franco have interview videos on the official page? Red herring or a sloppy give-away?

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 24, 2005 @ 4:53 PM

Has anyone else noticed that all of the contestants except for Chloe and Daniel Franco have interview videos on the official page? Red herring or a sloppy give-away?

Neither did Raymundo, but at second glance, they recently added him. Hmm. Well, Chloe was featured in the opening of the Sneak Preview, saying "I will make to fashion week" but they cut it out. Now, I'm aware that means nothing, but she did interview, and they wouldn't have her saying that in what I believe are the opening credits if she was cut right in the begginning? Would they? I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but I will agree that it's awfully suspicious.

Edited by Krispy24, Nov 24, 2005 @ 4:57 PM.

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2005 @ 12:16 AM

Daniel is now in the newest commercial, saying how last year didn't represent him at all and he's so much better now, and has what it takes to win it all. So I think they all have interviews in some way that can be seen by anyone.

maybealexislost

maybealexislost

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2005 @ 8:09 AM

Well, Chloe was featured in the opening of the Sneak Preview, saying "I will make to fashion week" but they cut it out

When I watch the preview, I still see that clip, but I do agree, it does seem a little harsh to have Chloe saying that and then bam, she's one of the first gone. Of course, that doesn't make it any less likely to happen IMO. But surely they can't cut Daniel and his bliss first again - that and that reason alone is what is making me think the lack of videos are more of a coincidence than a spoiler.

(on a different note, does the thread mentioned earlier with the spoilers about fashion week and I assume, the designers making it there, still exist?)

Edited by maybealexislost, Nov 25, 2005 @ 8:11 AM.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted Nov 27, 2005 @ 1:01 AM

Why do I hate Santino already? Bleh

xshooshix

xshooshix

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2005 @ 2:16 PM

I go to FIT and I see Daniel V. occasionally. I heard he got a job with the school. Be thinks he didn't make it to the final cut.

tmbird

tmbird

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 4, 2005 @ 2:05 AM

from Zulema's Q&A

What was your most embarrassing moment?
None
What is an odd fact or talent you possess?
None

What? I'm guessing she was one of the first kicked off.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2005 @ 5:35 PM

Reposting this from the media thread via Glark:

Yahoo has an exclusive clip of the S2 premiere for your total enjoymentosity:
http://tv.yahoo.com/...jectrunway.html

This clip was after the initial group of 16 was dwindled down to 14. If anyone else wants to take a peek and check me—I didn't see Daniel Franco in the bunch of 14 entering the Atlas Apartments after the first two eliminations.

Who definitely wasn't eliminated in the first challenge: Santino, Danny V., Andraé, Marla, Lupe, Kara, and Zulema.

Edited by Major Misfit, Dec 6, 2005 @ 5:36 PM.

madpawn

madpawn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2005 @ 7:26 PM

I also see Chloe and (my two favourites!) Diana and raymundo.
At least I think it's Diana. I can't see anyone else in a coat like that with a black bun of hair that isn't shown elsewhere.

Matopi

Matopi

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 6, 2005 @ 9:28 PM

Yeah, that's Diana.

There are definitely more people missing, though, than can be eliminated. No sign of Emmett, Heidi, Kirsten, John, or Daniel F.

Daniel F just seems too obvious, though... I'm guessing it's Kirsten and John that are the first to go.

yadayada

yadayada

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2005 @ 7:51 AM

Here is another clip.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2005 @ 2:18 PM

Interesting clip, yadayada. There were only 14 designers interviewed about what they expected to achieve this season and they were: Heidi, Nick, Zulema, Andrae, Raymundo, Diana, Daniel V., Kirsten, John, Marla, Chloe, Lupe, Kara, and Santino. Daniel F. and Emmett were missing.

And...wow. If that's the indication of the 14, not that I liked Daniel F. anyway, that really sucks for him if he's one of the first two cut. AGAIN.

edited because Daniel Franco is not his own twin

Edited by Major Misfit, Dec 7, 2005 @ 2:48 PM.

desdamonab

desdamonab

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 8, 2005 @ 10:23 AM

I don't know where to ask this, so I'll ask it here.

If the models are permanently assigned to the designer, does the model go home when the designer goes home? Or is there an opportunity to switch your model for the model that has become available.

I'm trying to figure out why previews showed Zulema asking for a walk-off.

elixir0219

elixir0219

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 8, 2005 @ 2:23 PM

I only saw the preview for the rest of the season once, so I'm not sure if they revealed anything about the next boots ... but did anyone notice if come designers were missing from the footage? (For example when Zulema's asking for a walkoff, were the remaining 13 designers there?)

sweetenuf2melt

sweetenuf2melt

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 8, 2005 @ 3:37 PM

(For example when Zulema's asking for a walkoff, were the remaining 13 designers there?)

This had me wondering if her model quit and she was given a choice of others. Zulema did not treat her model well - complaining about her bootie and all.

sweetenuf2melt

sweetenuf2melt

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 8, 2005 @ 3:56 PM

Geez, I just watched the bonus video and she even calls her model hunchbacked. I'd a quit.

Douggley

Douggley

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2005 @ 5:18 PM

One had a supershiny silver halter top -- their model, a preposterously tall redhead, was stunning.

This is from the first post of the thread. I'm not sure what week this challenge was, but I'm assuming the redhead in question is Grace (although she's rather manly). If Grace is around, this also means Chloe is around as well.

phanie

phanie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 8, 2005 @ 7:31 PM

Re: The Walkoff

The only thing I can think of is that it's a group project and Zulema doesn't like whoever is in charge's model. She could be the team leader and not like her model. I also get the feeling from the promo monkeys that Kara and Zulema are on the same team and hate each other. Let's hope Nick can come up with a quote equal to "The bitch is gonna get stabbed."

Edited by phanie, Dec 8, 2005 @ 7:34 PM.

davis

davis

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 9, 2005 @ 9:39 AM

In response to MajorMisfit's first post at the begining of the thread with the models in the window. I checked Bravo's schedule for Project Runway and the fifth episode's title is Window Shopping, so that must be the episdoe that his post is referring to.

bluejay

bluejay

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 9, 2005 @ 2:27 PM

Hi! I spent the first episode trying to remember who I did and didn't see at the Banana Republic challenge -- it was so long ago! So please take all of this with a grain of salt.

There were 10 designers remaining.
Definitely there: Santino. (He's pretty memorable.)
I think I saw: Daniel V., Chloe, Marla, Nick, Andrae.
Don't remember seeing: Daniel F., Emmett.

Models: Grace, Danyelle, Claudia, Shannon.

Santino and Nick(?) were a team.
Chloe and Marla were a team (theirs was the design with the shoulder pads).

I'm sorry, I wish I had more information to spill! But it's hard to match names with faces after the fact.