OB:House - The House Band

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

262 replies to this topic

babealu

babealu

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 13, 2006 @ 11:31 AM

Mr. Babe just informed me that OB:House will be backing Paul Stanley on a solo tour. www.paulstanley.com - go to "tour" and scroll down...

Edited by babealu, Oct 13, 2006 @ 11:31 AM.

Mike Abear

Mike Abear

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 13, 2006 @ 6:27 PM

Nate just sent me this one and asked me to spread the word. Please pass this one, I am going to post it on the boards I know of:

OUR APOLOGIES

Well, at this point it seems somewhat redundant to offer an update, as there have been several posted throughout cyber-space, however, for the sake of clarity, we, (Paul, Jim, Nate, Sasha & Rafael) the HOUSEBAND, aka. OB:House feel compelled to publish an update of our own.

Yes, it’s true. Evidently, we will not be taking part in the upcoming ROCKSTAR tour. We’ve heard through the grapevine that this was a decision made solely for financial reasons, however, we assure you that those, “financial reasons” had nothing to do with any changes made on our part. Terms were agreed upon sometime ago and it had been our intent to go and rock venues back and forth across the country under those terms. Apparently at some point those terms became unacceptable to parties within the ROCKSTAR supernova management and we were subsequently fired from the tour, information which was available online before we were even told.

It is with deep regret that we must apologize to those of you who purchased tickets for a tour bill that included us, not expecting we’d be removed from the bill. We were just as surprised as you. We consider the act of selling one thing and delivering another not only irresponsible, but extremely
unprofessional.

In no way do we hold Mark Burnett or any of his Production company responsible. Those responsible know who they are and will have to face the consequences of their actions.

For all of you who want to hear the HOUSEBAND, we will be touring backing up Paul Stanley starting October 21st in Atlanta, GA. The complete itinerary can be found at Pollstar.com. We hope to see you on the road! Thank you very much to all of our fans. You guys are AWESOME!

Warmest regards,

Jim McGorman, Paul Mirkovich, Sasha Krivtsov, Rafael Moreira, and Nate Morton. Always, your HOUSEBAND.

Countbeans

Countbeans

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 13, 2006 @ 7:22 PM

It just sucks that OB:House got screwed. I'm so happy I held off on buying tickets because I only wanted to see OB:H, Magni, Storm and Dilana. Supernova is SuperNoGood.

Mrs McClaggan

Mrs McClaggan

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2006 @ 10:15 PM

In no way do we hold Mark Burnett or any of his Production company responsible. Those responsible know who they are and will have to face the consequences of their actions.

Wow. So who does that leave, the SNots themselves? Am I missing something? Wow, that's just really ... lame. I've got to say I'm glad OB:H isn't blaming Burnett or his company, because a season of RS without OB:H? Unthinkable.

spacecitymarc

spacecitymarc

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2006 @ 7:51 AM

at some point those terms became unacceptable to parties within the ROCKSTAR supernova management

It's this line that is the most telling, yet maddeningly vague, to me. It doesn't necessarily point the finger at the band itself, but it does suggest very strongly that we've got an example of the old "The opener's getting a better response than the headliner, so let's kick them off so they don't make our boys look bad" syndrome.

It also sounds like there might be a breach of contract in there somewhere. Another lawsuit? Throw it on the pile.

kennythecat

kennythecat

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 14, 2006 @ 8:02 PM

Hi all,
It has been a while since I last posted here and I though I have wanted desperately to say something the last few days I have kept silent.
I am not here to comment on the ethical and legal issues that are involved in our being dropped from the SN tour except to say that I am diisapointed the way it went down and that we won't be able to play for the fans who were looking forward to seeing us play.
I do have one issue I want to comment on strongly. Why is it that everyone believes they know what a HouseBand set with the rockers would have been? There probably been a few covers in the mix.There very probably been alot of original music from the rockers and the houseband in the mix. There would have been alot of interaction from all of the rockers and the band.Magni would have sat in with Toby.Storm and Dillana might have sung a song together. We could have done acoustic songs,solo songs.group numbers,songs where just Magni and Dillana played. We would have created a very spontaneous and changeable flow in my mind.
We also would have changed the set when we felt like it and been able to play alot of material both original and cover that we never were allowed to on the show. The HouseBand literally has performed 330 songs in the last two years of the show and we could have worked up any of them. We also welcomed the chance to play original material of the Rockers,Jim,Rafael,Nate ,Sascha,and myself.
I get so pissed off at the American Idol comparisons. American Idol is a well done show and grabs a large audience. They have a very good band that does a very difficult job of playing all sorts of different styles of music every week.
However ,AI starts their season every year by humilliating people for four weeks then proceed to change the music every week,do silly tv commercials with the singers and generally tries to appeal everybody and offend no one.
We don't please everyone and the freaks and music on our show offend some people. That is what is supposed to happen when you play rock and roll.
Ai is a singing competion where people vote as is RS.Those are the only two similarities.Anyone who could honestly compare our show to AI has got their ears and their eyes shoved so far up their own a## that they can't hear or see the difference.
We do one thing. We play Rock and Roll. RS is the only pure rock and roll show in primetime in the history of American television.Why would anyone think that our live show could be anything like the AI tour.
And as for the Kareoke references I have seen at times..Kareoke is what you do in front of a machine at a dive bar so drunk that you and your friends are convinced you are the next Sting. That is not what we do on our show.
As far as the cover thing,what is RSSN gonna do to fill an hour and a half? They will have perhaps 12 songs on their album. For the rest of the show what do they do? They will have to do covers. Even if they do Gilby songs ,Tommy songs,Lukas songs,or Jason songs they will not be SN songs. Does that make it lame.Of course not!
Whatever show we would have put on for you all ,I can guarantee one thing,we would have rocked. We would have kicked a## and you would heard some great performances.
The rockers from last year and this year I consider friends. I have had more contact with some than others but it is imposiible for me to go through as intense an experience as RS is with them and not develop an attachment to all of them. I am also proud of any contributions that I and the guys in the HouseBand may have had to making them grow as artists.
I wish nothing but success for Lukas,Toby,Dilana,Magni,Storm and all the rockers from this year and last in all of their future endevours and hope to work with all of them somewhere down the line.
As for myself and the guys, we love doing the show,Mark Burnett is an amazing man to work for and MBP is a great company,and we so appreciate the opportunity to rock for you every week and hope to do so again next year.
I am sure we will see you on the road somewhere!
Thanks again for all the support.
Cheers,Paul Mirkovich

chordsandriffs

chordsandriffs

Posted Oct 14, 2006 @ 9:29 PM

Here's a message from Jimmy posted on another HB forum on Oct. 12....

Hello everyone,
This is Jimmy McGorman and I wanted to say hi. I just found out about this forum and I had to tell everyone that I truly appreciate all the kind words that have been said about my record. It really means a lot to me that so many people have been listening and enjoying my music. Your comments are amazing! Thank you. - I also flet like I should update you on the real story about what is going on with the "Supernova tour". We (the House Band) just found out today that we have been "voted off" of the tour y Supernova's management. We had NO IDEA about this until today and we are extremely disapointed - especially for our fans. We have ben given no explanation and no "official notice". Only through the grapevine did we hear about our being "replace" by Toby's band. At any rate, I am not sure what WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN. I will keep you informed when I know more. In the menatime, I would like to personally apologize on behalf of myself and the rest of the House Band to those people who have purchased tickets to see us. Obviously, Supernova's management does not realize how many fans the House Band has - and how many people this will negatively affect. Hopefully there will be an opportunity in the future for us to tour and for people to see us. Again, thank you all for your support. Take care.
Jimmy

Also,

There is a link to vote for best profile for an un-signed band. Needless to say we are voting for Jimmy (Jamestown).

If you wish to vote please go to My Rockin Profile Awards.

We've got him up to #8!

purist

purist

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2006 @ 10:34 PM

Paul, how come you're not posting as paulmirkovich any more?

If it's the real you, thanks for filling us in.

Mrs McClaggan

Mrs McClaggan

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2006 @ 11:31 AM

All due respect, Paul, but I don't remember seeing many, if any, AI/karaoke comments here -- you guys get all kinds of love on this board. Thanks for letting us know you aren't soured on the show, because you're the real reason for its success.

There probably been a few covers in the mix.There very probably been alot of original music from the rockers and the houseband in the mix. There would have been alot of interaction from all of the rockers and the band.Magni would have sat in with Toby.Storm and Dillana might have sung a song together. We could have done acoustic songs,solo songs.group numbers,songs where just Magni and Dillana played. We would have created a very spontaneous and changeable flow in my mind.
We also would have changed the set when we felt like it and been able to play alot of material both original and cover that we never were allowed to on the show. The HouseBand literally has performed 330 songs in the last two years of the show and we could have worked up any of them. We also welcomed the chance to play original material of the Rockers,Jim,Rafael,Nate ,Sascha,and myself.

Exactly! That's what had so many people here so stoked.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2006 @ 11:44 AM

If that's how the HB set would have gone, someone needs to finance a tour with just them and the runners-up, STAT. I would kill to see that!

cosmom

cosmom

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2006 @ 8:27 PM

Hmmm...let me set my blanket down on the grassy knoll...

Methinks that it is highly possible that the SNots' material lacks the depth and appeal to withstand too strong an opening act. I'd be surprised, if not outright shocked, that they would have the lucidity to recognize that factoid though.

While OB: House lacks a catalog of their own music as OB, they've surely proven themselves to be a talented group of musicians who can both play and have the versatility to make a variety of performers look damn good. On top of that, it seems as if they have music from their own individual projects that could be incorporated. And, a few rabid fans to boot (not namin' names though).

I can't think of anything more unpleasant to be contractually locked into a full tour with an opening act of infantile divas that resent your being there, so better that things should unravel now.

I can't quite wrap my mind about them backing Paul Stanley because he still creeps me out, but I have no doubt in my mind that they'll be as fantabulous for him as they have been on RS.

Ember

Ember

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2006 @ 9:35 PM

Obviously, Supernova's management does not realize how many fans the House Band has - and how many people this will negatively affect. Hopefully there will be an opportunity in the future for us to tour and for people to see us. Again, thank you all for your support. Take care.
Jimmy

I'd love the chance to see you guys perform. OB: House was the only reason I contemplated travelling to Montreal to see the Supernova concert.

Methinks that it is highly possible that the SNots' material lacks the depth and appeal to withstand too strong an opening act. I'd be surprised, if not outright shocked, that they would have the lucidity to recognize that factoid though.

That's exactly what ran through my mind when I heard the news cosmom.

MichieYeo

MichieYeo

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 20, 2006 @ 6:37 PM

I'm also thinking SuperNova knew they would be heavily upstaged by the pure awesomeness that is the House Band. I'm sorry they and the fans were screwed over. I know I'm not the only one who wanted to see this concert more for the House Band and the other singers than for SuperNova. I hope this doesn't leave a bad taste in their mouths because Rock Star is nothing without them!!

Edited by MichieYeo, Oct 20, 2006 @ 6:52 PM.

Ember

Ember

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2006 @ 1:50 PM

I hope this doesn't leave a bad taste in their mouths because Rock Star is nothing without them!!

Word Michie! I tuned in for the entire season of Rockstar: INXS because I love INXS. I came back for the second season of Rockstar for OB: House, because I knew that it would be a kick ass concert every week.

Caerbhaill

Caerbhaill

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 21, 2006 @ 7:31 PM

Can they change the bill after selling tickets? How many people will now want refunds?

I won't go.
Stub Hub is going to be busy.

No, wait- I'll rip them up and take the loss- empty seats will do my talking for me.

Ember

Ember

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2006 @ 10:07 AM

No, wait- I'll rip them up and take the loss- empty seats will do my talking for me.

No no Caerbhaill, someone will fill in your seats, and the SNots will have won because they got your money.

Edited by Ember, Oct 22, 2006 @ 10:08 AM.

chordsandriffs

chordsandriffs

Posted Oct 23, 2006 @ 8:48 PM

Here is some news from Jimmy (jimmymcg) posted today at Rockband.com (pg 23) regarding the HB's tour with Paul Stanley...

Hey Everyone,
I just wanted to check in and say thanks for all of the incredible support. It is very flattering and I appreciate it. - We played our first show with Paul Stanley last night and it was great! For a first show, it was pretty incredible. We (HB) all had a blast and I think Paul was really happy with what we did. We have two shows in Florida and then we head up to Baltimore, MD. Then, it my hood. We're playing Atlantic City, NJ , New York and Philly. A high school friend (actually the drummer in one of my high school bands) cam eto the show with me. And I think a bunch of other HS friends will come the east coast shows.It should be fun. That's one nice thing about touring. You get to see people you don't normally get to see. - Well, I'm off to bed. Have to get my beauty rest.........Thanks again. Talk soon
Jimmy

Just a little reminder....if you wish to vote for Jimmy's my.space profile (he's in 2nd place right now) please go to My Rockin Profile - Jimmy McGorman. The contest is over as of October 31.

Edited by chordsandriffs, Oct 23, 2006 @ 9:17 PM.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2007 @ 4:25 PM

Looks like Rafa is going to be featured in the next Kiss magazine, with Jim following next month.

Francie

Francie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2007 @ 8:31 PM

Well the House Band is currently down under! They were on The Footy Show - NRL (Australian rugby league) - so good to see them!

purist

purist

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2007 @ 7:12 AM

Are they touring with Paul Stanley from KISS? I know he's meant to be in Australia around now.

Miss Mandy

Miss Mandy

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2007 @ 11:53 PM

Saw Jim tonight on SNL tonight playing with Avril, and was quite surprised. I miss Rock Star.

spacecitymarc

spacecitymarc

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2007 @ 11:30 PM

I also caught members of Butch Walker's band in there as well, including (I think) the bass player and (definitely) backup singers. And half the time we were ostensibly meant to be watching Avril, it couldn't keep my eyes off of Sofi and Lindsey. Specifically Sofi, who I fell in love with after seeing Butch live last year. It's very telling when you realize that watching the backup singers not sing is more compelling than watching the star perform.

chordsandriffs

chordsandriffs

Just Tuned In

Posted May 3, 2007 @ 8:26 PM

Thought I'd pass this along ... (posted by Paul Mirkovich - Apr. 11 on rockbandlounge.com)

Hey all,
Just a couple of hours from show 1 on the AUS PS tour. Wanted to check in and talk about my good friend Brett Garsed. Of course Brett is no Jimmy. He is also no David Beckham, Michael Jordan, Angelina Jolie, or Bill Clinton. He has his strong points and less strong points like myself,Jimmy and everybody else.

Funny thing was we were all set with Magni and he had to pull out unexpectedly because of some other committments which was unfortunate.
Someone in Paul's office said jokingly ,why don't you just find someone there. Suddenly it dawned on me that i knew just the guy. Great guitarist,great singer,and all around nice guy Brett Garsed. I had not played with him since the Nelson days a hundred million years ago but when I called him he was very keen to do it as he was a fan of the RS show! He of course came to rehearsal knowing the stuff better than the rest of us and nailed it. I hope all who come to the show enjoy it as I know we will.

On the Magni front we are hoping to arrange another gig in Iceland this summer with our good friend Magni. I have talked to Jimmy often and he is doing very well and I am so happy for him that he has such a great gig with Avril. If and when RS 3 happens,I would love for him to be back with us.

Anyway,take care everyone.
Paul

Jimmy may be touring with Avril but he will always be part of OB:House. This is a post from Jimmy just before he started the European part of the Avril promo tour (posted March 26). Just thought I'd pass along the news ....

Hey everyone - Long time no say.

Just checking in with an update. I've been crazy busy lately. I had to leave town to get a break! I'm writing to you from Paris. Just got over here to work with Avril for a few weeks. We recently did some on line tapings that should be airing soon - that was cool. Now we are hitting the TV radio circuit over in Europe.

Working with Avril is great! Things are going well and I've never been so busy. In addition to my Avril duties, I just finished working in the studio with Poison and legendary producer Don Was. We did a new record of covers. It was a really fun and cool experience. Not sure when that will come out. I played keyboards and sang. I also just finished co-writing and co-producing a song for Bret Michales' new solo record. Apparently, he will be featuring the song in an episode of his new reality series on VH1. I think it airs in July. I've also been crazy busy with other studio projects -playing guitar and producing.

As far as the House Band/ Rock Star stuff - I am a bit out of the loop. I have heard no mention of a new season - only that a month ago they were "working on it"? You can take that for what it is. I believe all the other guys are still going to Australia with Paul Stanley next month and I think they have found someone to replace me. (Not sure who). I wish them the best of luck! I'm sure they will rock it - I will be with them in spirit.

As far as my schedule - We (Avril, the band and I) will be doing a ton of TV stuff coming up next month in the states. Saturday Night Live here we come!

After that - I will be taking a few weeks off at the end of April into May. As of now, I will not be traveling with Avril and the guys for the Asia/Australia run. Sorry. I've got to go and get married!

I hope this finds all of you well and thank you again for your support.
Jimmy

Edited by chordsandriffs, May 3, 2007 @ 8:30 PM.