Charmed: It Is of the Devil and an Abomination Against God.

• Please log in to reply

11214 replies to this topic

gotta love it

gotta love it

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

I also can't see Prue with kids. I mean, I can see her taking care of a baby, but past that, nothing. I also sometimes have a hard time seeing Paige as a mom. I think she'd end up being that cool mom that teenagers love.

Apprentice79

Apprentice79

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

I can see Prue with a child. She would have had one child and it would have been a boy. Prue was tough and a balls buster like her Grams. It is not a coincidence that they both shared Telekinesis as a power. I believe that Constance Burge had plans for the sisters to evolve individually and collectively. I distinctly remember the episode called secrets and guys in season 1, where Prue expressed her desire to not have children. I think it came from the fear of dying young and leaving her child motherless like she and her sisters experienced with their own mother. At the end of the episode, she had changed her stance of not having children. She was instrumental in protecting and caring for the male witch to accept his destiny as a Witch. She was very warm and loving to him. I think she would have been a great mother. She helped grams take care of Piper and Phoebe. Prue died too soon in the series, so we did not see that become a reality.

Snapple12

Snapple12

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 4:10 PM

I remember that episode and she would have been a good mother, I agree with that. But I can't really see her with kids because by season 3 she had devoted so much time to being "super witch" that I can't see her settling down long enough to even have kids.

Edited by Snapple12, Apr 2, 2012 @ 4:10 PM.

Apprentice79

Apprentice79

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

I see what you mean Snapple12 about "super witch" Prue in season 3, not having time to settle down to have kids. Just remember that by the beginning of season 3, Kern had taken over the direction of the series from Constance Burge. I don't think he really had a vision of the show like she did. If he had, he would not have killed Prue, turned Piper into a whiny shrew and devolved Phoebe into a selfish hag. He was only interested in gimmicks and his own ego. He needed someone like Constance to reign him in about the overall theme of the show being about sisterhood and magic. Conversely, I think he was good in some aspect of the series, for example, I loved the Cole/Phoebe act in season 4. After that the show lost its magic, it became a farce and it never really recovered, in my humble opinion. I liked Paige too, but, he never developed her as a character, she was just there. She had no depth and direction, she was phoebe lite. The chemistry was not the same between the reconstituted charmed ones. The original power of 3 under Constance was much more interesting and had so much potential to be great. Whenever, I watch Morality Bites, despite heaviness of the episode, I smile because the chemistry between the three actresses is such a joy to behold. It's a shame that backstage shenanigans derailed a great show.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

I remember that episode and [Prue] would have been a good mother, I agree with that. But I can't really see her with kids because by season 3 she had devoted so much time to being "super witch" that I can't see her settling down long enough to even have kids.

I can understand that, but if Prue hadn't been killed in Season 3, I think she would have returned to Season 4 as a slightly different person. Sort of like when a person has a heart attack and has to learn to take it easy and reassess their priorities. I do believe Prue might have had one child had she lived but I can easily see her remaining childless and being the cool aunt.

Just remember that by the beginning of season 3, Kern had taken over the direction of the series from Constance Burge. I don't think he really had a vision of the show like she did. If he had, he would not have killed Prue, turned Piper into a whiny shrew and devolved Phoebe into a selfish hag.

Big WORD to all of this. I used to like a lot of Brad Kern's work (he wrote or co-wrote many eps that are still ranked as favorites by viewers) but he really drove Charmed off the rails when he was the showrunner.

Apprentice79

Apprentice79

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

I don't know if we can discuss this on this board, but I wanted to know did you guys watch Shannon's new show. She looks horrible...She used to be so beautiful, she has not aged well at all. Whereas Holly and Alyssa has...

gotta love it

gotta love it

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:40 PM

Well I don't know about her show, but I've seen some recent pictures of her and you're right, she hasn't aged well. She used to have such great skin, but now there's something off about it.

Apprentice79

Apprentice79

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

I know that Reality Tv is edited heavily based on the narrative that they are intending to tell their viewing audience. Shannen is a very domineering and aggressive person on her new show. I know that if she were a man, she would be praised for those same characteristics that women are often labeled as being bitchy. She seems endearing as well. I can see how she and Kern became enemies throughout her run on Charmed. Shannen has her opinions and she will tell you how she feels whether you agree to hear them or not. She was right to object to Kern's direction of Charmed once Constance Burge left. Although I missed the character of Prue on the show. I shudder to think how Kern would have written Prue, had she remained on the show. We watched in horror how he marginalized Piper, Phoebe and Paige who had so much potential to be great.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

Mistresses(Scroll down)
So did Alyssa get the part that Holly was supposed to do?

gotta love it

gotta love it

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 8:50 AM

I know that I've disowned Seasons 7 and 8, but when I saw half an hour left of the episode with Kyra, the Seer that just wants to be human, left, I had to watch. I lasted about six minutes. Of Season 7, I do think this is one of the better episodes, but I'm probably biased because I love Charisma Carpenter. But it still kinda sucks.

For one thing, I don't understand why Kyra can't feel the grass. She tells Phoebe to take off her shoes so she can feel it through her. And she says that she can't feel a lot and that's why she wants to be human. This is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard on this show. Demons can't feel grass? They can't feel good things? I can't think of an example now, but I'm sure we've seen something that defied this rule. It just seems ridiculous.

Also, Darryl's an asshole. I've never been the biggest Darryl fan and I rolled my eyes in Season 6 when he vowed to stop helping the girls. It was annoying, but I understood him. But in Season 7, he's just a jerk. I understand he doesn't want his family to lose him and that's why he won't be involved in magic, but he can still be the girls' friend or at least nicer to them. And he asks them for help in this episode, but freaks out when there's a demon involved and goes on a rant about how he should have expected this and things never change with them. What? What does using a demon have to do with the reason he stopped being involved in magic? Also, things never change? Since when do the girls use demons to help him? Just appreciate the help and move on.

And lastly, I think they should have made Phoebe a lesbian. Obviously, guys aren't working out for her and her and Kyra are practically flirting all episode. And Season 8 has some definite Phillie vibes. They should have just stuck her with Billie at the end of Season 8 instead of rushing the Coop storyline.

ayajedi2

ayajedi2

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

It always bothered me that Phoebe was so "in love" aka selfish and blind that she put her sisters lives in danger but living with and marrying Cole......even after all that he did to her, after repeated warnings from Prue, Piper and Paige. Piper should have put her foot down and told Phoebe that if she wanted to be with Cole they could not live in the Manor.
I wonder if Prue and Andy hooked up in the afterlife?

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 11:12 AM

It always bothered me that Phoebe was so "in love" aka selfish and blind that she put her sisters lives in danger but living with and marrying Cole......even after all that he did to her, after repeated warnings from Prue, Piper and Paige. Piper should have put her foot down and told Phoebe that if she wanted to be with Cole they could not live in the Manor.

I disagree. Yeah, Phoebe in love did a lot of stupid things (like turning evil, pretending to kill someone that had proven a threat and who her sisters at least deserved to know was still out there, ect). But a lot of what Cole did was because he was half-demon and he wouldn't even be capable of any of that when he was human.

And while Cole was the Source by the time that he actually married Phoebe, he was supposed to be human and as a human he had been nothing but a wonderful and supportive boyfriend who was eager to help out the sisters where he could. If it hadn't been for the whole 'the Source can't be vanquished' thing it would have been fine.

And I don't think there was ever going to be anything the sisters did that got them kicked out of the manor. They all lived together for a reason.

ETA: Plus, why should Piper get to make a unilateral decision like "You can't live here if you marry Cole"? Piper and Phoebe had equal claim to the house. Prue was dead and Paige was too new to really have the same kind of say that the original three did.

Edited by Princess Aldrea, May 30, 2012 @ 10:33 PM.

hazza123

hazza123

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 7:53 AM

Some news from the department of "Oh My God I'm Old", the twins who played Wyatt are celebrating their 10th birthdays this year.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

Also, Darryl's an asshole. I've never been the biggest Darryl fan and I rolled my eyes in Season 6 when he vowed to stop helping the girls. It was annoying, but I understood him. But in Season 7, he's just a jerk. I understand he doesn't want his family to lose him and that's why he won't be involved in magic, but he can still be the girls' friend or at least nicer to them. And he asks them for help in this episode, but freaks out when there's a demon involved and goes on a rant about how he should have expected this and things never change with them. What? What does using a demon have to do with the reason he stopped being involved in magic? Also, things never change? Since when do the girls use demons to help him? Just appreciate the help and move on.

Even I, being one of the Haliwells harshest critics, have to agree here. I mean, he could have been a little more grateful that they put themselves on the line with the Elders and Cleaners to save his life. It's one thing to not want to be involved in magic anymore, it's another to full-out turn his back on his friends.

And even though he insisted at the beginning of season 7 that he wasn't deliberately trying to help Sheridan expose them, an episode or two later, he was acting like the sisters were his mortal enemies. Gimme a break.

Gs Maniac

Gs Maniac

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 5:19 AM

Holy fuck Rose has gotten worse. Soooo sad.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ty1Iqhj9Ebc

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 6:58 AM

What do you mean? What was so sad about that?

MyAlias

MyAlias

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

You mean besides the fact she looks worse than Joan Rivers, at half her age?

I'll try to remember her like this.

Edited by MyAlias, Jun 6, 2012 @ 12:56 PM.

ayajedi2

ayajedi2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

It is a real shame how Rose has "aged" over the years, she was a beautiful woman. Her "new face" is not the business!! I wonder what kind of roles she will get in the future looking like that?
Sadly I have to say that during Leo/Brian's run on Charmed he did not age well. he started off kinda hot but in S7......yikes!
I know that it will not happen but I sometimes wish that TPTB would do a follow up 2hr special or a TV movie showing us how The Charmed Ones, their offspring and so are doing. Aaahhh one can but dream.

gotta love it

gotta love it

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 9:02 AM

Do you ever see random actors from Charmed on a show together and wonder if they talk about it? Once I saw two of Paige's love interests from different seasons (can't remember who) on another show (can't remember what) and I was hoping they talked to each other about Rose. That's just always what I think of.

ViceofRach

ViceofRach

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 17, 2012 @ 5:17 PM

When I first saw season 4 I couldn't get over how pretty Rose McGowan was. I always thought she was really beautiful but not in that stereotypical blonde Hollywood way, she seemed cool and different and she totally owned that about herself. All of the actresses on Charmed were beautiful but they also looked like actual people with flaws (Shannen's eyes, Alyssa's teeth, Holly's slightly bigger frame). If they remade Charmed it would be three blonde, anorexic sisters who were 17-22. Anyways, it upsets me to see what Rose has done to herself and it is clear that she has gone past reconstructive surgery and into the plastic surgery horror show phase. I'm sure that the accident had a huge impact on how she viewed herself and her confidence and her career has hardly taken off but still that isn't the way to go. She can't even show expression or move her face anymore and she's tanned her lovely pale skin. I can't imagine anyone casting her in a film with the way she looks now, she's really done a disservice to herself. Such a shame that someone who I once thought was so beautiful has destroyed herself, she still had it even after the accident.

muffilator

muffilator

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

Richard Lynch has passed away. He played Cronyn in The Day the Magic Died.

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 9:06 AM

I remember looking him up on IMDB a few months back. He was one of my favorite character actors and one of my favorite vampires. RIP.

macbeth

macbeth

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

I just finished watching all 8 seasons. I know late to the game but.... I enjoyed the first 7 seasons, but everything crashed during season 8. I've spent a good deal of time fast-forwarding through many scenes.

What were the problems
1. Too many episodes trying to live real lives, disguised as other people.
2. Leo goes missing (just after it appeared the actor got hot again - weight loss, nice hair)
3. Billy, Billy, Billy
4. Still no Leo but now we have Christy.
5. The Demons sucked totally and were interchangeable.

I did like 2 things
1. Wyatt bringin to life his toys,(Indian, Soldier, Cowboy) to help find his father. And they ended up babysitting him.
2. Henry grew on me.

Apprentice79

Apprentice79

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

season 8 was horrific. The show jumped the shark for me, when Phoebe lost her powers and became useless. Season 8 cemented my apathy for the show. I never understood why kern made Billy and her insipid sister more powerful than the charmed ones. He totally ruined a show that he helped create in season 1.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

Their biggest mistake, and I know this has been mentioned a few pages back, was killing off the Source back in season 4. The supposedly most powerful and most evil being had spread fear for three seasons and then season 4 comes along and the Charmed Ones kill him. Ok, cool. But what could they possibly do after that that would make any sense to their continuity? Not much. Ok, sure the Cole/Source arc was interesting (although very much flawed). But once Cole was killed for good, they seemed to run out of ideas. I've always liked season 6, so having Gideon as the Big Bad to save the future was at least creative and fresh because it wasn't about killing him, but finding out what happened and who did it. Personally, I liked that arc a lot. But then season 7 came along and the writers seemed to run out of ideas. They killed off the Source back in season 4/5, they created season 6 so now what? So they bring back the goddamn Avatars. Then Zankou. Both which made me angry. And then season 8 comes along and they bring in the Ultimate Power (also destroying the idea of Magic School, since everyone can now get in there). And everyone just became messed up in the last two seasons. They lost their Big Bads and made pathetic, not well thought out, slapped together Big Bads that apparently couldn't be killed. They lost that interesting dynamic, that overlooming shadow of evil that was there when the Source was around.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

I didn't like Cole being forced to be the source but I loved the idea that when the previous source is killed someone new becomes the source and that that evil can't be destroyed even as the semi-mortal bodies are. And then when Cole died they just sort of dropped that.

I think they should have done more with evil Wyatt. That was interesting. I'm still not entirely sure how he even got that way. Gideon kidnapped him forever? No one could find him?

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

I think they should have done more with evil Wyatt. That was interesting. I'm still not entirely sure how he even got that way. Gideon kidnapped him forever? No one could find him?

They gave a really lame excuse that Gideon kidnapped Wyatt, but then they lost him but Wyatt couldn't orb out of the Underworld so he orbed around, killing demons for a few weeks before they found him. But the 'trauma' turned him into a killer. That never made any sense to me. He was just a baby. If he had been five or six, I might have believed it. But as a baby? I don't remember anything when I was a baby, so how could Wyatt? I just found the excuse really distracting and lame. Because the Charmed Ones are also incapable of writing a spell to locate Wyatt or have him transported back home.

I would have loved to see evil Wyatt come back in time for the season 6 finale to bring Chris home and have the sisters and Leo see evil Wyatt. And I would have preferred a more concrete reason on why Wyatt was turned. Maybe another demon (like the new Source...would have been the perfect time to reintroduce the Source as a new person) kidnapped Wyatt from Gideon and brainwashed Wyatt into thinking that demons were good or whatever. Have the sisters find Wyatt months later instead of weeks and that would have been a much better excuse. Then season 7 could have been the sisters trying to find and destroy the new Source instead of lame-o Avatars and unvanquishable Zankou.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 7:21 PM

I think that Piper and maybe one or both of his aunts being killed by a demon and so Wyatt hunting them down and violently killing them and then deciding that he needs to stop this from happening to others and going on the offensive, eventually being corrupted by the power and deciding to set up his own world order would have been nice. Maybe the bloody body was returned to the manor or it was done in front of Wyatt or something to explain why it effected him so badly and Chris didn't turn evil.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

I liked the Avatar storyline. Season 7 is one of my favorites. Season 8 I thought sucked. It was stupid to introduce new characters when they knew it was the last season. It should've just been about the core group. Coop was nice eye candy, but him being a "gift" to Phoebe was lame. Henry was ok.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

Season 7 actually is my least favourite season. I think it mostly has to do with my hatred for the Zankou arc (at least, I think I still hate it. I haven't watched it in a while, although I just watched the season 7 finale and liked it enough) but the Avatars, for me, were stupid. Sure, they gave Leo his own mini arc, but it just bugged the hell out of me with Kyle's 'I need to kill the Avatars' deal and Leo gaining powers and having to lie to everyone about it. There was also the fallout, which I guess if there was no season 8, would have worked with Leo becoming mortal but because of season 8, I find that I hate Leo being mortal. It made him useless and almost nonexistant.

But if I rewatch the season, my views could change. Maybe this time, I'll end up liking the Avatars and Zankou. I enjoyed the Drake arc enough so maybe I'll like everything else. Unfortunately though, that one Phoebe centric episode in this season (that body switching episode) will forever be on my 'needs to die in a firey pit of doom and then castrated and fed to millions of sharks' list.