Charmed: It Is of the Devil and an Abomination Against God.

• Please log in to reply

11215 replies to this topic

payndz

payndz

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 10:54 AM

Mylie the Mermaid from 'Fish 'n' Tits' (Jamie Pressly) just got nominated for an Emmy! (Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series, for My Name Is Earl)

Demian

Demian

Network Executive

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 11:19 AM

Btw, can we really send a petition asking the TWoP Powers That Be for a sub-forum?

No.

Amy Addams will always, always be Leslie Miller to me. I don't care how many Oscars she gets nominated for.

Heh. She'll always be Marvel Ann to me.

makemygay

makemygay

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 2:30 PM

Yay! New Harmed! And it's as good as ever, Payndz. :)

Piper finally got that family portrait she so desperately wanted. And Paige is... just a blur.

P.s.: I hate the grey.

Smartarse

Smartarse

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 2:36 PM

Where did everything go??!
Anyhoo on the YKWYO front, i took a phone call at work today from a Jenny Gordon, i almost had to ask her to repeat her name.

makemygay

makemygay

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 2:49 PM

Hee.

"Okay, Jenny, are you okay? Where is Uncle Dan and his shovel? Just keep talking Jenny, the police are on their way. Can you breathe down there? Your phone seems to have a great reception, so you should be fine for now. You still in once piece, right?"

CaffieneFired

CaffieneFired

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:06 PM

"No, really stop. No, really, I don't want to know anything about feminine hygeine products. Or, rather, your lack of them. Okay, I warned you. That's IT. I'm hanging up. I don't care if your uncle is about to dismember you. I'm going! Goodbye!"

Demian

Demian

Network Executive

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:18 PM

So, we're planning on a couple of Charmed Classics over the remainder of the summer. Any Season One episode you'd like to have recapped? The ones remaining are as follows:

1-10 "Wicca Envy" (Wimpy Rex and Saucy Hannah bite it.)
1-11 "Feats of Clay" (Phoebe has a crappy ex-boyfriend.)
1-13 "From Fear to Eternity" (The Barbas suckage begins. Also, Patty makes her first appearance.)
1-14 "Secrets and Guys" (Annoying child abducted and put to robbing banks.)
1-18 "When Bad Warlocks Turn Good" (Catholic priests are evil! Film at eleven....)
1-19 "Blind Sided" (Magic exposed! Again! Some more! For the very first time!)
1-20 "The Power Of Two" (Jackson Price, Alcatraz, Phoebe is a whiny and self-serving bitch, Piper goes Hawaiian.)
1-21 "Love Hurts" (It's Doltastic! Also, first appearance by a Darklighter.)

Edited to add: Speaking of that last one, the very first Darklighter is rather Dolt-like in this photo, don't you think?

Edited by Demian, Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:18 PM.

makemygay

makemygay

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:23 PM

Wow! I can't believe we're getting our classics! That's AWESOME!

I'm rather fond of Wicca "Envy". It ain't no "Charmed & Dangerous" but the whole panther vanquish was awesome.

kiddo82

kiddo82

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:27 PM

I vote "Love Hurts." I really like that one, plus, the darklighter was hot. (and yeah, he is looking Dolt-like in that pic...still hot, though)

Edited by kiddo82, Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:31 PM.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:38 PM

I vote for "When Bad Warlocks Turn Good" (just because the priest is played by Michael Weatherly who I now love on NCIS) and "Love Hurts" (not only because I love Piper and Leo's relationship, but also because I think it set up a lot of backstory and whatnot that was used for the rest of the series).

PepSinger

PepSinger

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:39 PM

I'll go for "Wicca Envy" and "Love Hurts".

Maracev1

Maracev1

Stalker

I vote Love hurts too. If not that one then Wicca envy.

CaffieneFired

CaffieneFired

Stalker

Feats of Clay... Well, how many crappy ex-boyfriends have we seen by now? I can piece it together from other recaps. And Love Hurts... Ack. Secrets and Guys -- dull, IMO. I'd like to see Wicca Envy done and The Power of Two purely because I can't wait for reactions to Phoebe's storyline and character in this episode.

willriley01

willriley01

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:46 PM

Wicca Envy please. :)

Demian

Demian

Network Executive

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 4:47 PM

To be honest with you, my inclination is to hit "From Fear to Eternity" and "Love Hurts" mainly because of the impact those two have on later seasons, so you might want to vote for something else as those two are pretty much givens.

Maracev1

Maracev1

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 5:05 PM

Wicca envy and Blindsided then.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 5:19 PM

I already said "When Bad Warlocks Turn Good," so my other one (besides "Love Hurts") would probably be "The Power of Two" just because I like the whole Alcatraz thing (though Phoebe does bug in this episode).

Omri

Omri

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 5:17 PM

I'm going to have to vote for "Love Hurts" as a pressie for Demian, as it contains Dolt abuse. Plus, I quite like that episode.

Yay for the new Harmed, lovin' it payndz.

PS I miss the witch from the top of the page. A spaceship and a stunt(?) car just isn't the same :(

ETA Ah, well "Wicca Envy" and "The Power of Two" then, as they're probably the most enjoyable ones out of that list - other than "From Fear to Eternity" and "Love Hurts".

Edited by Omri, Jul 6, 2006 @ 5:22 PM.

kiddo82

kiddo82

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 6:02 PM

Wicca envy and Blindsided then.

Me too! Me too!

The Done One

The Done One

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 6:12 PM

I'm going to go with "Renewal Envy" and "Blind Sided" as well.

Edited by The Done One, Jul 6, 2006 @ 6:18 PM.

Summer16

Summer16

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 6:38 PM

I was going to go with From Fear to Eternity and Love Hurts, but they are covered, so thank you. :)

I think my next choice would be Wicca Envy.

pengbear

pengbear

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 6:44 PM

My vote's for Wicca Envy and When Bad Warlocks Turn Good.

Thanks for taking the hit for the team, Demian!

DianaD

DianaD

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 7:43 PM

My vote's for Blind Sided, Andy finds out the secret, and Phoebe actually meets a nice guy. (Of course Phoebe picks this time not go after the guy, Stupid Phoebe!). And Wicca Envy (Bye, bye, Rex and Hannah)

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 9:18 PM

Mylie the Mermaid from 'Fish 'n' Tits' (Jamie Pressly) just got nominated for an Emmy! (Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series, for My Name Is Earl)

Btw, can we really send a petition asking the TWoP Powers That Be for a sub-forum?

No

Okay, but doesn't Pressly's nomination demand a petition to the United Nations as a Crime Against Humanity?

If for no other reason than for the obnoxious spelling of her name. Oh yeah, and the fact that the bitch can. not. act.

"Okay, Jenny, are you okay? Where is Uncle Dan and his shovel? Just keep talking Jenny, the police are on their way. Can you breathe down there?

OMG, you just reminded me of Carly getting buried alive on Days Of Our Lives while Vivian Allamaine tormented her with the special line she fed into the coffin with an oxygen feed and a speaker.

Bitch was whack. Loved her!

My vote for recap would be The Power of Two since the Prue-Phoebe bitchery is fantastic.

Richyyy

Richyyy

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 9:26 PM

Okay, but doesn't Pressly's nomination demand a petition to the United Nations as a Crime Against Humanity?

If for no other reason than for the obnoxious spelling of her name. Oh yeah, and the fact that the bitch can. not. act.

Heeee. I nearly fucking fainted too. Jaime freaking Pressly got an Emmy nom? Next thing you know someone out of Dawson's Creek'll be getting an Oscar nom. Hang on a minute...

LeahMarie

LeahMarie

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 10:31 PM

The Power of Two Will Make You...Blue? Poo?

MissKit

MissKit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 10:33 PM

I'd vote "Blind Sided" as well, mainly because I love Andy's reaction to discovering their secret and Prue's "Don't make me use my powers on you..." line.

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 11:02 PM

Since Love Hurts is a given.

May next choice would be Wicca Envy and than Blind Sided.

But Wicca Envy is one of may favorites...

Yeah and thanks.

PepSinger

PepSinger

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 11:46 PM

My vote for recap would be The Power of Two since the Prue-Phoebe bitchery is fantastic.

Oh, yes. Instead of voting for "Love Hurts", my vote is for The Power of Two.

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2006 @ 12:29 AM

I want From Fear To eternity for no other reason then to see the slamming done to that stupid witch in the episode's teaser.

But, I serious votes are Wicca Envy and When Bad Warlocks Go Good.