Charmed: It Is of the Devil and an Abomination Against God.

• Please log in to reply

11211 replies to this topic

Teen Titan

Teen Titan

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2006 @ 6:10 PM

Not to defend the writers, but wasn't the spell intended to trick the Angel of Death? I mean, yes, he does find them based on their physical appearance but Piper's spell surely did more than that (like make them have the same aura or some bullshit like that) and why am I bothering with this? CANCELLED!

The spell was intended to hide Leo from the Angel. Everyone looking like him was a side effect/backfire that Piper didn't intend.

So I assume it did more than just glamour people.

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2006 @ 9:20 PM

But I don't think anyone else besides the Manor Morons and the Angel of Death saw anyone else as Leo. How the Hell would they explain that?

I know, I know.

Whatever! CANCELLED!

kenniesmom

kenniesmom

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 2:29 AM

ETA: The Big Bad on Heroes is none other than that Anthony Kiedis-looking warlock from season five's Cat House.

I was coming here to post that. And, Oh My GOD, that damn show is getting soo good. It has quickly become a must see for me. But, how in the hell is Sylar stealing people's powers??

So, it started snowing here around 2 p.m. yesterday and hasn't really stopped since. Oh, it's lightened up from time to time, but I've never seen this much snow since I've lived here.
When Kennie and I went out to build a snowman, she couldn't walk because the snow was to her hips. But, she had a blast. We have "Kennie Angels" all over our front yard. And a snowman that somehow turned out very evil looking. Don't ask me.

Topic? I watched a couple of the eipsodes from the mini-thon, but only the ones with little retard or lots of retard abuse. And, I agree with Maracev, Piper had to try to save Leo. Who else was going to? The Hag? Please, that would mean she would have to think of someone other than herself. Ain't gonna happen.
And even if Paige was there completely for Piper, Piper still needed Phoebe. Like when she moved out with the source and Piper was having trouble with her non-pregnancy issues? Piper needed Phoebe. Not because she doesn't think of Paige as her sister, but because (as she stated), she grew up with the Hag, there's a connection she has only with Pheebs (and Prue before Pheebs got her killed), one she doesn't have with Paige.

thelephant

thelephant

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 2:53 AM

I saw Gone With the Witches on T4 on Sunday, but hadn't got round to commenting on it until now.

Firstly, I hate the Stupid Magical Creatures. I mean, I know that's a given for most of you, and I've always hated the idea of them because it's so stupid, but now I actively hate each and every one of them individually, especially the fucking leprechauns. I mean, they spend the whole episode bitching the Charmed Ones out for asking them to do a favour and never helping them out when I can think of at least two examples (Lucky Charmed and Chris of the Spierwoman) when the leprechauns came to them in danger, and then when they're being slaughtered by demons, they give the Charmed Ones attitude for not running to save their ungrateful asses? And the writers hide behind Creo's spell instead of having the Charmed Ones actually raise this issue with them. Crap!

And I really hate the way Christy is using the Charmed Ones' supposed selfishness to manipulate Billie, and the way Billie is agreeing with her. Perhaps when the two of them have been fighting demons for eight years, have died multiple times and lost a sister, a mother, a baby, a couple of husbands and have responsibilities like kids of their own they can judge the Charmed Ones for being (understandably) selfish. But until then, who are they to question the most powerful good witches of all time? This is another example of bad writing - the Charmed Ones using their powers for personal gain, or not using their powers at all, or whining about having a normal life is annoying, but if Billie has to be the one to call them on it, I'm siding with Piper, Phoebe and Paige all the way.

And how dare the Sisters Retard and all the Stupid Magical Creatures just walk in and out of the Manor whenever they please and kick the sisters out of their own house? Gah! Rude!

Plus, it was established that Piper didn't call Billie back to the Manor when the parents were killed, so why is everybody still saying she did?

And why didn't they cast Marnette Patterson, who can actually act and is actually likeable, as Billie? It would have made this whole season much more bearable.

And now I realise why they couldn't have Leo in the final part of the series - he would have sorted the whole stupid mess out by talking to the Charmed Ones, the Sisters Retard and the stupid fucking magical creatures and this stupid situation would never have arisen.

Stupid season eight.

makemygay

makemygay

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 3:12 AM

"Yeah, I know you lost the love of your life and you have two kids, but I really need to get my own place so I don't really give a FLYING fuck if I am abandoning you to leave you with your grief. Not being allowed to run around naked is really cramping my stye, and I honestly couldn't give a FLYING fuck whether or not you find Leo or need help with the boys since your husband has been frozen. After all, you have always been the sister who takes care of everyone. I am sure you can handle two kids by yourself."

Or...

"Piper, I wanna fly, I wanna fuck. So long."

payndz

payndz

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 4:17 AM

Plus, it was established that Piper didn't call Billie back to the Manor when the parents were killed, so why is everybody still saying she did?

That bugged the piss out of me at the time as well, even considering all the other things that were bugging the piss out of me. Chrisssstie must be even more stupid than The Retard not to have interpreted a conversation like:

Chrisssstie: You just phoned and told me to come here.
Piper: Buh?

as Piper not having made the call. Even on a show where the smartest character struggles to reach a triple-digit IQ, that was dumb. And so were the Crack Monkeys for writing it that way. (And so was I for still watching the damn thing.)

And yes, fuck the Kreatures. I was probably nearly as delighted as Demian to see that whiny asshole leprechaun explode.

hazza123

hazza123

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:23 AM

To this day, Gone With the Witches is the only Charmed episode I haven't seen.

If I'm lucky, I can keep it that way.

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 6:09 AM

Okay, so which TNT airing am I avoiding? The morning or afternoons? 'Cause if season eight is playing on either of them, I'll just abstain until it passes.

When Kennie and I went out to build a snowman, she couldn't walk because the snow was to her hips. But, she had a blast. We have "Kennie Angels" all over our front yard. And a snowman that somehow turned out very evil looking. Don't ask me.

When I was a little snot-picker (I mean, kid), we had a couple of blizzards, one of which piled the snow up to my hips too.

We built tunnels through the snow. It was the coolest god-damned thing I'd ever done in the snow.

I highly recommend it. Even if said tunnel does collapse on you.

Don't burrow alone.

Late Lamented

Late Lamented

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 7:24 AM

And why didn't they cast Marnette Patterson, who can actually act and is actually likeable, as Billie? It would have made this whole season much more bearable.

I wondered that at the time, thelephant. I may possibly have been alone in this, but I actually liked Chrissssssty as a character. It kind of pissed me off that they had to make her irredeemably eeeeeevil at the end in order to give the Retard a get-out clause, especially since it's not like the Retard could just Think Really Hard and make Chrissssty good again or anything. Stupid show.

My flatmate shamefacedly admitted she wanted to watch Gone with the Witches this weekend because she'd seen the repeat of The Jung and the Restless on Saturday and wanted to see what happened next. She hates Billie as well, so I've advised her to make sure she watches the last ten minutes of Kill Bimbo, Vol. 2 for that awesome payoff.

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 9:20 AM

Come on, we're talking about the Halliwells here. "What would happen if I stuck a fork in this outlet? OW! That hurt! But it should be safe to stick the fork into it nOW! Damn! Stupid outlet! Just for that, I'm going to stick this fork into you!"

Followed by "I'm going to make a spell to make that outlet look like a piece of cake -- OW!"

Were you expecting Piper to sit by and let the Angel of Death just take Leo away without even trying to do anything about it? In would've been completely out of character for her not to try and do her best, even if she knew that resistance was futile.

I don't buy it. Then again, this is the woman who suddenly began to whine and moan and kvetch about not having a normal life...

Maracev1

Maracev1

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 9:34 AM

Then again, this is the woman who suddenly began to whine and moan and kvetch about not having a normal life...

Suddenly? She's been wanting a normal life ever since episode 1.02.

The Done One

The Done One

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 12:03 PM

DiePhoebeDie:

Okay, so which TNT airing am I avoiding? The morning or afternoons? 'Cause if season eight is playing on either of them, I'll just abstain until it passes.

Neither at the moment. The mornings are on late Season Three (tomorrow being "Sin Francisco" and "The Demon Who Came in from the [Zzz...]") and the afternoon ones are starting Season Five today with "Barracooter, Parts One and Two".

Maracev1:

Suddenly? She's been wanting a normal life ever since episode 1.02.

Seriously. God knows how many times we've heard Piper piss and moan about it in the one hundred seventy-six episodes that followed.

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 1:12 PM

I do not recall her ever doing that before the final two or three seasons of the show.

NafooPal

NafooPal

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 2:29 PM

And now I realise why they couldn't have Leo in the final part of the series - he would have sorted the whole stupid mess out by talking to the Charmed Ones, the Sisters Retard and the stupid fucking magical creatures and this stupid situation would never have arisen.

That's a really good point. Never thought of that, but you're probably right. If Leo had been around then they couldn't have begged misunderstandings for everything because everyone would have been forced to talk somehow.

Did anybody else notice that while Leo was a whitelighter he was actually less of a help than as a human? It seemed to me that as a human he did almost all the whitelighter stuff (except healing of course) without wasting time talking to the Ever Useless Elders.

Maracev1

Maracev1

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 3:08 PM

I do not recall her ever doing that before the final two or three seasons of the show

Are you serious? Seriously, you never noticed? I adore Piper, but even I can admit that she used to talk about her wish for a normal life all the time, specially during season 6 and late season 7, when she finally got it.

It seemed to me that as a human he did almost all the whitelighter stuff (except healing of course) without wasting time talking to the Ever Useless Elders.

I think part of the problem was that the elders prevented him from saying important things when he worked for them. Once he became mortal, he didn't answer to them so he was free to say whatever the hell he wanted to.

Demian

Demian

Network Executive

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 3:24 PM

Barracooter

Hee.

Sooner Charmed

Sooner Charmed

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 3:27 PM

I adore Piper, but the normal life train kicked into high gear IMMEDIATELY upon Prue's death and never took a vacation. From season 4 on it was an endless loop of normal life yadda yadda yadda. It started with how can the Elders expect us to keep doing this, we have lost too much and moved to problems with conceiving and then was All.About.Wyatt and how he is never safe from evil. Ack, it goes on and on.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 4:54 PM

I remember it in season two and three in relation to her wanting to have a normal relationship with Leo, but yeah, it probably did kick into high gear after Prue died. But it never annoyed me until the last couple of seasons. And it was never the most annoying thing in any episode. Usually not even the most annoying thing in a scene.

Sooner Charmed

Sooner Charmed

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:03 PM

Oh, absolutely, Zoned Out, Piper was never even close to the most annoying thing in any scene.

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:12 PM

Please, people. Piper's been whining about being a witch and wanting a normal life since 1.01.

LeahMarie

LeahMarie

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:24 PM

In the latest People (Dec. 4, p. 22)

FALL FLING
Ashlee Simpson & Drew Fuller
Ah, young love. The singer, 22, made herself very comfortable during the Nintendo Wii launch party at Hollywood's Boulevard3 club Nov. 16, settling into the lap of Drew Fuller (Charmed), 26, for a major makeout session. And her rumored boyfriend, Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz? He glumly walked out of the party. Wentz says he and Simpson were always "just friends." A rep for Simpson had no comment.

I just can't believe that they associated someone with Charmed. I guess he doesn't have much else.

kiddo82

kiddo82

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:26 PM

Not being allowed to run around naked is really cramping my stye,

BAAAAAHAAAAAA!!

Ahem.

So, in the YKYOW category, last week I happened to walk into a patient's room, see that Charmed was on, and stayed for a couple of minutes to watch. This morning? I actively sought out the same room too see if Charmed was on. It was. I watched for a few minutes. I'm not proud of it.

The Done One

The Done One

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:35 PM

You really shouldn't be. How many times have I told you people that you NEVER come out of the broom closet when it comes to this show?

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:38 PM

Unless it's to rave about Demian's recaps.

Teen Titan

Teen Titan

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:40 PM

But I don't think anyone else besides the Manor Morons and the Angel of Death saw anyone else as Leo. How the Hell would they explain that?

I thought that was the backfire/consequences?

The Australian release of the season eight DVDs is listed as February 15th in case anyone, like me, is intending to buy it.

PepSinger

PepSinger

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:42 PM

I adore Piper, but the normal life train kicked into high gear IMMEDIATELY upon Prue's death and never took a vacation. From season 4 on it was an endless loop of normal life yadda yadda yadda. It started with how can the Elders expect us to keep doing this, we have lost too much and moved to problems with conceiving and then was All.About.Wyatt and how he is never safe from evil. Ack, it goes on and on.

And I could understand the complaints about wanting a normal life up until "Witch Way Now". In that episode, they had the chance to give it all up and didn't. Now, I didn't expect the complaints to magically go away, but it seemed as though it got worse after that.

The Done One

The Done One

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:44 PM

DiePhoebeDie:

Unless it's to rave about Demian's recaps.

And even then, you don't have to admit that you actually sit in front of the TV and watch it.

Demian

Demian

Network Executive

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 6:01 PM

FALL FLING
Ashlee Simpson & Drew Fuller
Ah, young love. The singer, 22, made herself very comfortable during the Nintendo Wii launch party at Hollywood's Boulevard3 club Nov. 16, settling into the lap of Drew Fuller (Charmed), 26, for a major makeout session. And her rumored boyfriend, Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz? He glumly walked out of the party. Wentz says he and Simpson were always "just friends." A rep for Simpson had no comment.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh, Drew.

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 6:02 PM

Dude.

Beard.

'nuf said.

kiddo82

kiddo82

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2006 @ 8:12 PM

How many times have I told you people that you NEVER come out of the broom closet when it comes to this show?

I'm just glad the patient is always asleep when I go in there. Could you imagine the awkward conversation we might have.

"Good morning, Mrs. So and So." eyes glance at TV "So sorry to hear about your two broken legs." eyes glance at TV "So....uhh...you need a hip replacement, huh? That must suck." eyes glance at TV, Phoebe is on, wearing someting slutty "SKANK! Oh, no, not you, Mrs. So and So. That hospital gown is very becoming on you."