Charmed: It Is of the Devil and an Abomination Against God.

• Please log in to reply

11212 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 11:43 AM

Titled per Demian's request. :)

The old posts have NOT been erased. Now that we have more resources at our disposal we are archiving forums that move into PH. You can find the old Charmed posts in a read-only archive in the Sci-Fi section.

The Done One

The Done One

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 12:44 PM

Aw. Charmed finally got CANCELLED! from TWoP. It was weird not seeing the show in the list of current program.

Anyway, since we were discussing our favorite/least favorite episodes in the Rerun thread, I'll just continue with my least favorite of the series (in no particular ranking order):

"The Devil's Music": Dishwalla sucks. Jenny sucks. Plot contrivances derived from financial woes suck. Jenny gets swallowed by a demon? Hooray! The Charmed Ones save her? I hate all of these bitches.

"She's a Man, Baby, a Man": For the most part, I cannot stand episodes dealing with gender vs. gender issues. The only thing amusing about this awful episode is the fact that a guy that looks like Dan needing to resort to a dating service. Even his goddamned sister thinks he's a fucking stalker.

"Enter the Demon": I really don't need to go through the body switching and terrible acting in this episode and Chinese bastardizations, do I?

"Hyde School Reunion": This was just a boring episode overall. Sure, the Victor and Chris interactions were kind of cute but since I'm not a Chris fan, I wasn't that moved. I don't ever care about Paige not orbing the gun and her and Phoebe basically killing Rick Gittridge. It was just that dull.

"Crimes and Witch-Demeanors": The concept of the episode wasn't that bad but I have a problem with how the trial was conducted with its irrelevant examples of the Charmed Ones not fighting for the greater good. Frankly, I couldn't care less if Phoebe uses her power to get a premonition just to see who knocks her up. At least it motivates her to use her goddamned power. Or maybe I'm just so used to her being such a selfish cow.

"A Call to Arms": This was really a pointless and dull episode. I think it was probably the worst premiere ever. The main plot of Piper and Leo as those gods or whatever was just stupid, really.

"Malice in Wonderland": The cop bullshit, Piper's whining, the horrible effects for the anthromorphized playing cards, Phoebe trying to be Carrie Bradshaw with the breathy voiceovers, Leo not having his goddamned son orb him into the Manor and subjecting the viewers to even more Piper shrewy is too much idiocy for a person to bear.

"Battle of the Hexes": Another gender vs. gender episode. It was actually in this episode where I started to hate the Retard, though it was for breaking down their front door "by mistake" even though she did the same to a taxi door in the previous scene. Phoebe bitching about Piper and Paige ditching her at Homeland Security was irritating. I also hated that they are able to bring Kappa Kappa Klea back to this show but unfortunately as Zeta Zeta Zira, despite the fact that the former demon was more refined and you know, still alive rather than the dishwater Jody Watley-wannabe we got instead.

"Mr & Mrs. Witch": Easily the worst episode produced from this evil, evil show. It's been nearly six months since the episode has aired and things from the "assssssssassssssssinssss" line to Piper not freezing on several occasions to the evil corporation "plot" still don't make since to me. Plus, The Retard getting a new power was shit on the awful, awful toilet seat-layered cake.

"Generation Hex": I liked the idea of the Noxon demons but this episode was so scattered plotwise with unimportant bullshit regarding Phoebe forgetting about losing love and OH MY GOD SHUT UP YOU HAG! and The Retard's hair that it was really a hot mess when it was over. Or maybe five second in. Who cares? CANCELLED!

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 1:01 PM

Demian's show description for Charmed:

Once upon a time, there were three little girls who lived in the Halliwell Manor, and they were each assigned very hazardous duties -- but I took them away from all that, and now they work for me. My name is CANCELLED!

The Done One

The Done One

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 1:06 PM

I just read that about ten minutes ago and I'm still cracking up.

Edited by The Done One, Jul 4, 2006 @ 1:10 PM.

kiddo82

kiddo82

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 1:59 PM

It's weird that we're actually in PH. It's making it all too real that this show, crappy as it could be, that was a part of my life for the past 8 years is gone. That makes me sad.

"Hyde School Reunion": This was just a boring episode overall. Sure, the Victor and Chris interactions were kind of cute but since I'm not a Chris fan, I wasn't that moved.

The only good thing about Hyde School Reunion, IMHO, is the Piper/Victor scene in the living room. "Jeeze! He can come out!"

I don't ever care about Paige not orbing the gun and her and Phoebe basically killing Rick Gittridge.

Oh, a thousand times word! That never rented any space in my head.

Demian

Demian

Network Executive

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 2:07 PM

It was weird not seeing the show in the list of current programs.

Very weird. "Big Brother, Bridezillas, Deadwood, Desper...wait a minute! Oh, yeah."

Edited by Demian, Jul 4, 2006 @ 2:08 PM.

Summer16

Summer16

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 2:28 PM

Oh I know. There was no Charmed to click on.

We are banned to the basement.

Give us all a few pages to get used to the fact that we are actually in one thread.

CaffieneFired

CaffieneFired

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 2:53 PM

Heh. I think that my take a while. And a lot of getting used to.

kiddo82

kiddo82

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 2:55 PM

We are banned to the basement.

heh! We're in the wasteland.

electricpansies

electricpansies

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 3:27 PM

Oh my God the forums are gone! Well not gone, but, still, this is quite alarming. My thoughts are spelt in exclamation marks, so I'll leave it at that.

crazydude

crazydude

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 3:32 PM

The forum may be gone but we have Brits awesome remake!

Edited by crazydude, Jul 4, 2006 @ 3:33 PM.

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 3:44 PM

Very weird. "Big Brother, Bridezillas, Deadwood, Desper...wait a minute! Oh, yeah."

Hee!

In preparation of our banishment, I deleted my Charmed IE favorite link a couple of weeks ago. It's still kind of strange to see it in the SciFi section...

gilmored

gilmored

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 3:55 PM

I discovered the move today, it's crappy for me because I discovered the TWoP forums late and never got a chance to vote in all the polls and read/post in all the different threads..
I guess now we can't post polls here, it's going to be pretty confusing to keep all this chatter down to one page.. Bah, humbug

Blue Plastic

Blue Plastic

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 5:06 PM

This stinks. That is all.

Lovesick Ass

Lovesick Ass

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 5:57 PM

And so it begins.

I don't know what to talk about now that I don't have the appropriate thread titles to go to.

Maracev1

Maracev1

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 5:59 PM

It feels really weird but I guess it's better than nothing.

hazza123

hazza123

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 6:35 PM

This new thread is kind of cozy. I could get used to it. However, I'm still gonna miss the multiple threads immensely.

*Heads over to Brit's board*

brittania

brittania

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 6:37 PM

I went to post a reply on the Charmed board and when I couldn't post, I immediately thought, "Oh shit. I've been banned" and tried to figure out what I did. Then I realized when I didn't see the fast reply button that they must've closed the forum.

Anyway, topic? I love the new thread title.

hazza123

hazza123

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 6:38 PM

Hmm. You know whats really bizarre and strange? Deleting the bookmark to the Charmed boards from my Favourites. I wonder who got last post in the forums?

Edit: Hey, it was Payndz! How fitting!

Edited by hazza123, Jul 4, 2006 @ 6:40 PM.

MarshmallowMars

MarshmallowMars

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 7:59 PM

Whoa this is weird.

It's nice that all of the posts are still in tact and able to be read. That's cool. Thanks for that.

Edit: Was it not possible to get us a sub-forum like dawsons creek etc. It seemed like the Charmed part of TwoP was really busy, even after cancellation?

Edited by MarshmallowMars, Jul 4, 2006 @ 7:59 PM.

chancellorjake

chancellorjake

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 9:43 PM

OT: I suspect that it had more to do with moderating duties than with forum popularity or available space.
D, would have had to keep an eye on everything that was happening in a CANCELLED forum plus, everything in the new forum for whatever show he receives in the fall. That wouldn't have been fair to him, or wise of us to ask for.

Topic: Will there still be new Harmed adventures from Payndz? What about those great horror stories featuring the Grass Fairy?

DianaD

DianaD

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

At least down here in the basement, our old friend the Woggy, should feel right at home :)

phoenix193

phoenix193

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 10:29 PM

Well, this was weird. I just spent a good deal of time scrolling up and down the main forum lists and trying to find our boards because I was pretty sure "C" came between "B" and "D". I'm going to miss the old threads.

gilmored

gilmored

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 10:29 PM

I suspect that it had more to do with moderating duties than with forum popularity or available space.
D, would have had to keep an eye on everything that was happening in a CANCELLED forum plus, everything in the new forum for whatever show he receives in the fall. That wouldn't have been fair to him, or wise of us to ask for.

Would it have been possible to split the moderating duties between him and perhaps someone from the Charmed boards that is often a regular as well? I'm somewhat new to this forum so I don't have a complete idea how everything gets done around here but I myself am missing the multiple threads.. Btw, I assume that the moderators for the DC section were the same persons that recapped it?

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2006 @ 10:52 PM

Would it have been possible to split the moderating duties between him

Do you seriously want to tie Demian to this show forever? Let him be free! There are other shows out there for him.

Run, D! Be free!

Summer16

Summer16

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2006 @ 12:28 AM

It's like a big shoe came down and squashed us down into one little thread.

hazza123

hazza123

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2006 @ 2:01 AM

Maybe the Psycho shrunk us all?

RubberDucky801

RubberDucky801

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2006 @ 3:44 AM

Ooh. Single thread. A strange feeling...

Okay, so, while we settle in, I think we need a Charmed related topic to discuss. Let's see.

I watched The Devil's Music yesterday, and why could Jenny not stay dead? Even her stalker-uncle hated her enough to kill her and bury her in the backyard.

Onlooker

Onlooker

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2006 @ 4:29 AM

I'm very sorry the day has come too. It does feel strange.

If anyone wants to see what Julian McMahon is up to, Extra has an item and video up from a visit to the Nip/Tuck set (they're currently shooting Season 4). He's always a scream and it seems to have rubbed off on his co-star, Dylan Walsh.

sailorwind

sailorwind

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2006 @ 5:03 AM

Oh no!! Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin. I agree totally with whoever it was upthread who said that without the thread titles they have no idea what to talk about. I'm used to being involved in four or five Charmed conversations at once. Where do we start now?

OT: I suspect that it had more to do with moderating duties than with forum popularity or available space.

Is that true? Cause I never noticed a moderator-type in the Firefly thread... Guess I just thought the sub-forums for PH'd shows worked on the honor system.

Also, this very grey color scheme is making my mood the same color. I miss our peppy pink!