3-3: "Marsha and Regina" 2006.06.25 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

184 replies to this topic

Fluffy Malone

Fluffy Malone

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 12:58 PM

I think this may be the first episode where I found Archie harder to take than Marsha. The meltdown was painful to watch although it was almost worth it to hear the refreshing comments Archie's sister made.

Regina's booty was so not a size 8. There was a good look at it when she was talking to the bank employee and even black pants could not give the illusion of an 8. I'm not criticizing her size (unlike the narrator who was trying to paint the picture of Domingos as a saint for sticking with her during the dark Size 16 Years), just her claim of her current size. Maybe she was basing it on her wedding dress size or something.

And these ladies need to realize that not everyone looks good in the current strapless dress/tiara/veil trend. Again, not a size critique but more about the presentation. Both Marsha and Regina could have used a little arm coverage. Well, I guess Regina's fur cape provides some coverage, but at what cost? Her (and, based on her comment that she paid for all of their capes, her entire wedding party's) dignity, apparently. Nice castle, though, even if a second mortgage for it is insane. And if I heard her say "hot breakfast" one more time I was going to slap her through the TV.

That second dress Marsha was wearing was not much better...and what was up with that, anyway? Was that the famous punch and peanuts reception we've heard about and not their actual post-wedding reception? I noticed her father was dressed differently, too.

Finally, what was the deal with that little outfit hanging on the bathroom door at Marsha's church? The hell?

Edited by Fluffy Malone, Jun 25, 2006 @ 2:13 PM.

pamiam

pamiam

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 1:52 PM

Ugh. Does anybody have any mouthwash, because I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Archie and Marsha deserve each other, they really do.

Regina is an idiot. How does one get to 60k on a wedding? I think I would have a really hard time doing that. I had trouble getting to 1k.

fangums

fangums

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 2:26 PM

Shoot, Regina got a lot more for her money than Marsha, as best I can tell. I suspect the peanuts reception was in the church basement right after, and the one we saw was several hours later.

Speaking of the church ... there didn't appear to be that many people (distinguished or otherwise) in that church.

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 3:19 PM

Would you attend the wedding of that crazy ass woman? I cannot believe she fired a bridesmaid and then called someone and was like "I need you in my wedding, how tall are you?" I would have been sooo insulted at that.

And Marsha honey, taking energy pills will not keep you from looking crazy.

I can't believe she swore to obey, that woman has never obeyed a day in her life. And the "thank you daddy" made me gag.

Archie is gonna be in a lot of trouble when Marsha sees that he didn't pull her veil all the way over her head for the kiss. Or maybe she'll blame the photographer for that.

Yeah every distinguished $83000 wedding I've been to has a guy in a polo shirt and jeans in attendance...

How the hell do you spend that much money on that cheesy ass wedding? I spent $21000 on mine and it looked about a billion times nicer.

That fight was so uncomfortable to listen to. Hearing Archie say that he would never ever leave Marsha just made me sick. She must keep his balls in a safe. And what was with the sister comparing him to their father? Like wanting to be loved is a fault?

As for Regina, certainly more of a Bridezilla than Nikki or Yoshie but still nothing compared to Marsha. That tiara was ugly as hell though, Miss Universe would tell her to tone it down.

And either agree to pay for lodging and breakfast and gifts or don't. But don't do so and then bitch about it. Especially to your bridesmaids, way to make them feel like shit.

OraBrooch

OraBrooch

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 4:32 PM

I'm aghast, some more, at Marsha. And WHY is her reception dress two hundred dollars more than her actual wedding dress? I was literally sitting watching the episode with a look of terror on my face, so much so that my roommate asked if I was watching the Surgery Channel. I just... God, if they ever have babies I think the world will implode into itself.

talkstoomuch

talkstoomuch

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 5:25 PM

Watching Part 3 of The March(ie) to Hell literally made my stomach hurt and brought tears to my eyes (and not the good kind).

Fuck Archie cuz we know he's a lost cause. What in the HELL possessed (1) Tiffany to let that bitch degrade and ASSAULT her?!?!?! Why in the hell are nice people always trying to hug it out with Satan's Lapdog? (2) Marsha's parents to spend $83,000 on the tackiest tacky wedding that ever did tack? (3) some nameless shmuck to agree to be in the wedding the DAY BEFORE the wedding itself? (4) Archie's family not to grab him, change his name, get him some plastic surgery and whisk him off the the Walker Protection Program?

And what was with the sister comparing him to their father? Like wanting to be loved is a fault?

I actually heard a note of derision there. As in, just like his father, Archie has absolutely no expectations from a woman but that she love him. Not treat him well. Not take care of him. Not support him. Not encourage him. Not admire him. Just love him. Like he's a neglected, starving, abused puppy.

(unlike the narrator who was trying to paint the picture of Domingos as a saint for sticking with her during the dark Size 16 Years)

Not just the narrator. Regina acted like loving a fat girl was the most recent Miracle of Our Lady.

Also, the engagement ultimatum? Totally desparate. You ask. He says no. You give him 30 days to "think about it." Think about what? Some more NO?

monica53

monica53

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 5:47 PM

Where does one begin? How does this tacky woman spend $83,000? Let us count the ways.

All the bridesmaids dresses cost $130, not each dress, ALL of them. That means $8.66 per.
The groom rented his tux, could she have paid for all of the men? That would have added ( 120x16=over $2000) another couple of grand.

Certainly not in curch decorations. Lordy that church looked awful. The doors- fake wood! Marsha was right about one thing, the floor did look like there were sheets lining it.
The flowers were artificial, the ribbon bought in bulk. Were those gold cherubs on the corners? $200

Both of her dresses were a grand- the name on the plastic dress bag was blocked off- looked like David's Bridal -

There was the cake, over a grand? Gotta say the cake looked good, however, it looked like it was placed on pillars usually much cheaper than a cake that is made in tiers. By the looks of how the guests were dressed, not so exclusive. Also it did not look like a club or restaurant. Unfortunately, I erased the episode so I did not get a chance to look at it closely.

Marsha went to a hairdresser, these days most brides hire someone to come to the home to do hair and make up. Another sign of cutting corners.

I say $10-12,000 tops.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 6:05 PM

I haven't seen the show yet, but I have to know; How distinguished were Marcia and Archie's families? Any scenes with Moms in house shoes and rollers?

AmyParsley

AmyParsley

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 8:18 PM

As much as the Bridezillas editors are trying to make this show interesting, it's not working this season. Where is Karen? Dandy Joe and Miho? Where is Antoinella, darnit????

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:22 PM

All the bridesmaids dresses cost $130, not each dress, ALL of them. That means $8.66 per.

I don't think that's possible. I think they were $130 each for a total of $1950 without tax, wraps or gloves.

Which reminds me, what kind of man wears gloves to a wedding? And white gloves with a black tux at that? Ugly.

And Marsha's cake had little bridges which was the thing to do about 15 years ago.

Her dresses definitely came from David's Bridal which explains getting two dresses for $1200.

mdaiatggial

mdaiatggial

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:27 PM

I am so.hoping. someone who knows Marsha and/or Archie will come post here and give us a recap. I'm sure they're divorced already.

And so you'll know, I'm originally from Arkansas, and I would never.never.never. act like that (or have such an ugly tacky icky wedding decor).

talkstoomuch

talkstoomuch

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:28 PM

And Marsha's cake had little bridges which was the thing to do about 15 years ago.

With the tacky ass little fake people walking on the bridges. So distinguished.

TheWereCow

TheWereCow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:44 PM

Oh, man...

That was just painful. "I just want someone to love me"...."I don't want to be alone". Jeez.

And what the f%&@ was up with the sister?! Does she think she's Dr. Phil?

Marsha needs to give Archie his balls back. Give the man at least a scrap of dignity. A shred. An iota. Anything. 'Cause right now, he's a big ol' pussy. And a crybaby. He can't even have a decent argument without breaking down into tears. Can you imagine the rest of their life?! It makes me glad the divorce rate is over 50% in this country. Gives me hope for the demise of their marriage.

And, the closed captioning monkeys are at it again....Archie and Marsha are ready to walk "hand and hand" into the church. Interesting.

I agree with my fellow posters who can't understand how she made it to $60,000.

However, here's a tale of woe for all to enjoy....Sister WereCow was roped into going to a wedding reception on Saturday for some kid she went to HS with and hasn't seen or heard from in FOUR YEARS!!! Less than a month ago, his gf tells him she wants to get married...he says, "okay!". Just like that. Of course, she's had this vision of what she's wanted her wedding ring to look like since she was knee high to a grasshopper. So he goes all over town, hither and yon, looking for a ring designer. All told, he shelled out $4000 for this ring. Where did his ring come from, you ask? Wal-Mart. That's all he could afford. If they'd had more than a month to plan this wedding, she would have been a Bridezilla for sure.

Okay, those gloves on Marsha's cloven hooves (yes, I think she's enough of a devil to have cloven hooves on her hands and feet!) were ASS TACKY. As was everything else in that "cathedral". And, did you notice there were more attendants than attendees? Maybe that was how Marsha figured she'd have a full house.

Sister WereCow says she looks constipated. All that evil backing up on her, I guess.

And that little pause before she said, "I do"? More evidence of her evilness.

That cake was straight out of the Wilton 1991 catalog. No doubt. I think my mother has it.

Edited by TheWereCow, Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:56 PM.

tracyKAY

tracyKAY

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:48 PM

I apologize if this is insulting to some. But, why is it that some people who has a preacher for a father thinks that makes them distinguished?
Because, that's exactly what Marsha thinks. She spent the equivilent of a down payment for a house for that? I wouldn't be bragging. Not that impressive.

devans00

devans00

Fanatic

• Interests:Calligraphy, chocolate, movies, Art Deco, internet message boards, reality TV, graphic novels &; comix and being a do gooder and my dog Culo.

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:51 PM

What I don't understand is why someone didn't put Marsha in her place. Temper tantrums, extreme selfishness and silent treatments every 20 minutes? Come on, now. Did anyone check her ID card to make sure she isn't 11?

No truer words were ever spoken than the sister-in-law who said the marriage was a divorce waiting to happen.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:53 PM

I just...I don't have any words about Marsha.

Now Regina, on the other hand...my favorite kind of customer! "I'm going to close my account" said to a bank manager who just does. not. care. I know it's bad business for Bank of America, but it's not the branch's fault that the customer service line fucked it up. That's what customer service lines do. They don't know anything about what happens in a branch, so they say what they need to to cover their asses.

And her little diatribe about the hair and makeup? "Oh, I was a bridesmaid and I spent over $200 and I didn't complain." Well woopty fucking skippy. You are obviously the type of girl who doesn't value money, I bet your bridesmaids don't want to put second mortgages on their house so they have professional hair and makeup.

And either agree to pay for lodging and breakfast and gifts or don't. But don't do so and then bitch about it. Especially to your bridesmaids, way to make them feel like shit.

I hope she watches this tonight and realizes what a spoiled brat she sounded like. No one made you pay for their capes, and dresses, and the jewelry, and the lodging, and the hot breakfast - NOT continental, a HOT breakfast.

What a bitch. And then to complain about all of the money she's spending. Gah!

Oh, I forgot one question I have. I didn't have a veil, so I don't know, but why on earth would you want one that looks like it's over six feet long? What is the purpose of the veil?

Edited by bettymojo, Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:56 PM.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 9:59 PM

Archie is a little boy, a sad, pathetic little boy. His reliance on his sisters, his thing with "Daddy". I get the feeling that Marsha gets happiness from breaking people's spirits.

So I assume their distinguished "family" is due to the fact that Archie's Daddy is a Bishop and her daddy is a Pastor.

Red? That shit was so special that I can't even process it yet. 83,000 dollars? They must be factoring in gas prices or something.

With the tacky ass little fake people walking on the bridges. So distinguished.

Hey now, they even had a bridesmaid and groomsman on that bridge. WHAT THE HELL? Red!

I have Googlitis. Oheka Castle

Edited by ChocolateCherry, Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:01 PM.

Jazzmyn1372

Jazzmyn1372

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:07 PM

Hey, my daddy is a pastor, that makes me "distingushed"! I can act like a troll if I ever get married.

Of course, my daddy would knock into 1983 if I pulled half of that stuff that Marsha did.

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:16 PM

What is the purpose of the veil?

Well a cathedral length veil is supposed to go with a cathedral length train, also about 6 feet. Usually they are only done by royalty or people with huge cathedrals to walk down. If you get married in a little church where the aisle is 12 feet long and your dress is 8 feet of that, it looks stupid. So basically it's a vanity thing.

Was I the only one who thought Archie's dad's name was Bishop? I just think that would've been funny.

I also thought it was another "distinguished" touch to have balloons at the wedding. Because anything that signifies a first graders birthday and a sale at a used car lot is certainly what I want in my wedding.

And where was Regina that it was a better use of time to yell at a bank manager and drive around to 7 different ATMs than it was to go back home and get your checkbook?

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:21 PM

And either agree to pay for lodging and breakfast and gifts or don't.

Seriously she seemed more hung up on the breakfast than the rooms, she kept mentioning that it wasn't even a continental but a full HOT breakfast. It's eggs, get over it.

tomsmom

tomsmom

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:21 PM

I about died when I saw the cake with the bridges. Why do you ask? Because I had them on my wedding cake!!!!! And everytime I see those "pitchers" of it I CRINGE! I will say that I've been married for (cough cough) years and yes it was the height of safistiction then but in 2006...the hell?

Edited by tomsmom, Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:22 PM.

onlyinPV

onlyinPV

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:24 PM

And what the f%&@ was up with the sister?! Does she think she's Dr. Phil?

She was the only one making sense and trying to keep things in perspective. It's not about napkins and balloons and trivial things, it's about the two of you and the commitment you are making. Marsha didn't get it.

When she said "how's your face?", how many think she had belted him a good one? (raises hand)

Did you see the look of terror and despair as she walked down the aisle? She so did not want to get married. They practically had to drag her to him. Which would explain alot about her behavior. Every time she had to look at him she looked like she wanted to throw up in disgust.

And girl? For that money, you couldn't go get your dress fitted? The bodice was so big you could drive a truck between the front of the dress and her boobs. I'm trying to figure out what she spent the money on, that was the tackiest wedding I've ever seen.

tomsmom

tomsmom

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:28 PM

Oh My God, I forgot about "How's your face". I'd bet money on that she slapped his cry baby ass. Hell, she's a witch and all....but I wanted to slap him too!!

JDub1

JDub1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:30 PM

Woo-boy. I called it last week that one of their parents would be a pastor.

I sooooooooo fucking don't believe they spent 80k on that wedding. That wedding was just ghetto, ghetto, get-toe. Archie wore a white tux with top hat and his "groomsmens" all wore black tuxes with black top hats. They looked ridiculous. The bridesmaids dresses were just okay, and the flower girls dresses looked a bit cheap. Don't even to play like you spent 80k on your wedding but didn't even get a decent designer gown. I didn't like the black/red theme. I'm assuming they chose that because it was near Christmas time, but I just don't like two plain colors like that at a wedding. I prefer to see a variety of colors that compliment the main colors. At least they weren't as bad as the ghetto Christmas wedding, complete with Mrs. Claus looking dress. You all must go to that link if you haven't already seen the pictures. The cakes alone are hilarious. Anyway, back to Marsha And Archie's wedding. Absolutely nothing about it was distinguished. Didn't she say that they were going to do things that no one would be able to outdo? Maybe she is right. She definitely outdid herself by supposedly spending 80k on a wedding that didn't even look like the original 30k budget. She spent more on that tacky ass cake than she did the photographer. This just isn't adding up.

I have to say, I think tiaras look ridiculous on brides.

Was Regina wearing that wedding hairdo for several days? I swear I saw her in a couple of different outfits with that hair. She looked pretty silly with that hair and her drab clothes, not to mention the lack of makeup. If you're going to run around with a prom hairdo, help yourself out a little and dab some foundation on and put on a few basics like mascara and lipgloss. She looked washed out.

Yeah, I was not liking Regina's bitching about paying for the jewelry along with the breakfast and the hotel. If no one wants to pay for anything, then just don't ask them to be in the bridal party, or taper your attendants down to just a few. But don't pay for all of that shit on your own free will and then act stingy about it.

I was horrified listening to Archie's blubbering. Then this fool has the nerve to brag about being a "man's man" the next day.

Edited by Mr. Stupidhead, Jun 29, 2006 @ 11:31 AM.

kdelarosa22

kdelarosa22

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:31 PM

Ok. I think Marsha married Archie to get into the social angle and have some power at that church. And I think Archie's family puts up with Marsha because she is his beard and they are avoiding the fact he is gay. I cant figure out how she spent so much money. As a member of a church you pay very little. She was too big for both dresses and if she had any real friends someone would have encouraged her to choose something else. Why could I see her lip liner darker than her lips?
I cannot believe Regina morgaged her house to pay for the wedding to a man she made propose. She is 36 and that is a bit long in the tooth to be freaking out about everything.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:35 PM

Can I be honest? I know men are allowed to be sensitive and I'm sometimes I'm so PC that I annoy myself, but after tonight . . . GOATEE (ETA: kdelarosa22 beat me to it). Finding out Archie's Daddy was a Bishop kinda sealed the thought for me.
I was having flashbacks because I was once a Junior Bridesmaid for a succubus like Marsha who made my uncle cry and beg. She wouldn't let him touch her, they had separate bathrooms and she tried to ban me from the wedding because she didn't like my mother. . . My uncle is now my aunt.

Seriously she seemed more hung up on the breakfast than the rooms, she kept mentioning that it wasn't even a continental but a full HOT breakfast. It's eggs, get over it.

Now why would she go and get them a real breakfast when the 300 dollar rooms come with a Continental Breakfast? What a waste and seriously she wouldn't have to pay for rooms at all if she wasn't determined to have her wedding at a castle . . . in Huntington, NY. This episode messed me up good, that pitiful wedding where I was a Junior Bridesmaid was in Huntington Station, bring on the nightmares.

Edited by ChocolateCherry, Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:58 PM.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:36 PM

I cant figure out how she spent so much money.

I think we are all forgetting that any vendor at this wedding would have to deal with Marsha. If I were a vendor I would triple my prices just to make it worth the effort or to hope she went with someone cheaper.

Plus, we saw her redo the wedding photos who knows how many other things the woman redid that didn't make the cut.

jade76

jade76

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:44 PM

Wow that scene with Archie crying was uncomfortable to watch. The man has issues, he should not be marrying anyone. I agree, how did that cost 83,000? The cake was horrid. In 1999 I did a wedding on an EXTREME budget and got a 3 tiered cake from Wal-Mart bakery for $100 that looked better then the one they spent $1600 on.

Anybody else think a hot breakfast was inculded in the cost of the room? I have been at hotels that do this. She kept going on and on like she was paying extra for them to get a HOT breakfast

Edited by jade76, Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:47 PM.

kdelarosa22

kdelarosa22

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:51 PM

I also forgot about the "Hows your face?". I bet she popped him but good. I am married to a military man and lateness is not an option. We got married, right when he got out of basic training, at Disney World. Including the honeymoon, it cost my mom $6000. All I told the lady at Disney was I like yellow. I didnt care about all the little crap, I just wanted the man.

Harry7045

Harry7045

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:54 PM

It looked like the Walkers' reception was a buffet at the local Holiday Inn. That was the tackiest, nastiest display of ignorance, bad manners and childish behavior I've ever seen, and I'm including my niece's wedding where the groom's friends trooped into the reception hall with cow shit on their work boots, the ex-con groom was high, the groom's mother was drunk AND the groom's friends broke 3 tables. Hubby and I did a high-five when she divorced his sorry ass.

But I digress. The groomsmen looked like pimps (walking sticks, yet). The bridesmaids looked scared and their dresses were horrors. The the decorations were straight out of WalMart's crafts department. If that was supposed to be a Christmas wedding, I'm surprised Miss Thang didn't have 15 junior angels dangling from the ceiling by red bungee cords. Singing.

Speaking of which, where was the damn choir?

Agree with all who called Miss Archie out on his blubbering.

Edited by Harry7045, Jun 25, 2006 @ 10:58 PM.