Once season 2 begins to air in the US *crosses fingers* the Yanks can join in on the season 2 games...once series 3 begins in the UK, the Brits can start a new survival game thread...once enough series/seasons have aired on both sides of the pond, we can always create a multi-series thread.
- The rules are simple (er, kind of): For those who may or may not know, each item on the list begins with 15 points. You either add two points to (e.g. ++), or subtract two points from (e.g. --), each item on the list. You can also add or subtract just one point if you so choose. When a list item reaches 0, it is out of the game and relegated to the death list.
- You vote once a day. For the purposes of this game, a day ends at 11:59 PM and begins at 12:00 AM, your local time (so you can post at 11:59 PM tonight and at 12:00 AM tomorrow, and each post counts for a different day). You can vote for or against only three items per post. When 50% of the field is gone, then you can add a maximum of one point (+) to an item. So, with half or more of the field gone the only possible votes are (--), (-), or (+). The last surviving item wins.
- In a nutshell: you can post one set of votes per day where each set consists of one vote per item for up to three items, and each vote consists of (++), (+), (--), or (-). You cannot place three votes for one item in a single day--e.g., your vote can't be "++Oranges" three times in one day. After voting, please remember to reorder the list so that everyone can easily understand the standings.
- If you post the initial list for a round, please place the vote count on the left (e.g. 15-Oranges) rather than on the right (e.g. Oranges-15). The scores are easier to keep track of when the numbers are on the left.
- At the beginning of each round, the list-creator can decide whether or not to require death descriptions for each item killed off. You can either list dead items and how they died, or just list dead items, if you don't require kill-off descriptions. Either way, we'll keep a death list counting backwards (if there are 47 items on a list, the death count will be 47, 46, 45, and so on...if there are 10 items on the a list the death count will be 10, 9, 8, etc.).
If a death+description list gets too unwieldy, you'll include the death list in your post only if you kill someone off with that particular post. If you don't kill anybdy off, simply find the last full death list, note the post number (upper right-hand corner), and include, "Last death list/Last_____(whatever you want to call it) post #___," at the bottom of your post. Each subsequent poster will include the same thing at the bottom of his/her post until somebody kills another item off. That new "killer" will refer to said "post #___", cut and paste that post's death list, and add his/her new death to the top.
If you choose not to require death write-ups in a particular game, please include the death list in each post.
- One rule applied in some survival games will not be used in this thread. Some games require that once 50% of the items are dead, one vote of each set must be (--), meaning you can't post (+) (+) (+)...only two positive votes max. We will not be using that rule here, so in this thread you can post (+) (+) (+) even once 50% of the list is gone.
Have at it!
ETA: The list doesn't have to be limited to 15 items. You can have a 50-item list, if you can think of that many items in one category. The list doesn't have to be an even or odd number, or whatever. Just however many you want--10, 12, 72, 47, 30, whatever. It's up to whomever initiates a round.
Edited by Blanky, Jun 24, 2006 @ 10:51 PM.