S2 and All Stars and 14: Mike "Boogie": Chill Town—Population: Just You

• Please log in to reply

388 replies to this topic

duckierose

duckierose

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2006 @ 12:07 PM

Maybe it's because it's been too many years since I watched. Or maybe I like the sagging blue basketball shorts. Or maybe I have a thing for short white rappers who wear upside visors. Whatever it is, I don't hate Mike Boogie.

When articles about him say things like:

Mike has a long career as a misfit, making his way onto the Warner Brother lot to get pictures of Arnold as Mr. Freeze was his last such act. He ended up getting caught on private property, camera in sock, holding fake ID, and in possession of WB property. In the end he greed on a settlement and is never to near any WB property again.

How can you hate him?

Plus: http://www.bigbtv.co.../bb2/ep1/d9.jpg

Classic.

Besides, someone has to get booted first, right? Maybe Evette would get some sick attachment to him. Rapping with the spicy latina. Oh yeah.

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2006 @ 12:57 PM

I would find his antics and nicknames and such charming. If he were six.

I don't have experience with BB2, so my knowledge of Mike Boogie is based off of some angry posts and the brief BoogieMontage on the clip show, but he seems kind of sucky.

Although if I ignore the part about Arnold, the sneaking around the WB lot to take pictures is entertaining.

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2006 @ 4:08 PM

Haha I knew this thread would be started someday! I made the unfortunate mistake of going to here and watching his unfortunate campaign video. He's promising us (groooaaan) "Boogie Nights" this summer.

Edited by Screamie, Jun 23, 2006 @ 4:09 PM.

vanden

vanden

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2006 @ 7:44 PM

Did this guy have actual fans during the show itself? I sure don't remember reading any posts about what a fun, brilliant, charismatic -- well, anything positive at all. But I hated him from the beginning, so my memory may be slightly biased.

I'm just trying to figure out if there's anyone in America out there voting their fingers off to get him back into the house -- or why anyone at CBS thought anyone would.

EducationKid

EducationKid

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 23, 2006 @ 9:10 PM

I remember watching BB2 my senior year of high school and I actually didn't hate him at all during the show. I actually didn't hate the Chill Town alliance at all. I now have an undying hatred for Shannon however. I think of it this way. I was so taken in by Will that I like Mike by association. Basically, for me anything that Will was associated with was suddenly acceptable. I love BB2 and I still think it was the best season. Also, I can't imagine being friends with this dude in real life because it would just be embarrassing, but he was damn good TV. I still have this really vivid memory of watching the finale and watching him propose to Krista. Oh geez, that sounds terrible.

tone

tone

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2006 @ 9:19 PM

So in Booger's vote-me-in video, he said if you vote for him, and he wins, he'll buy you a new computer.

Calling any lawyer-types out there, has he made a legally binding contract by saying this? Not that I want a PC from him, but I would LMAO if he got voted in, won, and then was bankrupted because he was sued and had to buy a bazillion PCs for his "fans."

setsuna

setsuna

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2006 @ 8:30 PM

I found Mike pretty cringetastic viewing on the Live Feeds and was glad when he was gone. However, he did have two good points from my pov. One, he was Will's sounding board. The only reason we heard about how Will had entirely manipulated the seance they did was b/c he told Mike all about it.

Two, Mike thought of the show as one big audition for stardom for himself and thought it was his duty to please the producers and keep it entertaining. Granted, this was almost entirely obnoxious. However, it had the side benefit that he was constantly trying to come up with things to do in the house. He arranged 2Hype, that boy band parody, and got the whole house involved in it. Some people didn't like that, but I thought the whole thing was pretty hilarious. In general, he was always trying to come up with activities in the house. That's one thing I've missed since Season 3. (For less forced reasons, the housemates in Season 3 found lots of ways to entertain themselves.) The past few seasons, the housemates haven't had the initiative to create fun activities and have generally just spent most of their time sleeping or bitching.

Flashy Mcflash

Flashy Mcflash

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 10:07 AM

I watched BB2 and if 'Chill Town' did, in fact, exist in any approximation of how Boogie remembers it, it certainly did not have the kind of bearing on the game or the show.

Sure, Will ended up winning, but I think that had much more to do with Will than with 'Chill Town'. This definitely predated any of the detailed strategies and powerhouse alliances that we have seen on more recent seasons.

Edited by Flashy Mcflash, Jun 26, 2006 @ 10:08 AM.

hoppers13

hoppers13

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 10:57 AM

Oh yeah, Chill Town was nothing. The only thing that really came of that alliance was to mobilize the rest of the house to get rid of them as soon as possible. It's a testament to just how obnoxious Shannon and Mike were that they're so well remembered, despite being the third and fourth people to be voted out of the house.

I hate Mike. He was - and still seems to be - a wannabe loser. I can't imagine anyone seriously voting for him to go in the house this year, considering the other choices.

Lily Bart

Lily Bart

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 11:33 AM

If he gets on the show...please, no. I...no.

*goes into corner to weep and rock back and forth*

vanden

vanden

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 11:49 AM

What Chill Town did for Will was provide him with two guaranteed votes at the Final 2. His alliance was kicked out because of other people, not because of him, so they were still motivated to vote for him. In contrast, the "The Other People" or TOP or whatever they were calling themselves alliance peaked with the surprise vote that eliminated Sheryl instead of Nicole. Krista couldn't figure out if she was a member of Chill Town or not. If Mike had a fraction of the brain and/or charm he thought he had, he would have made sure of Krista's vote at the very beginning. By the time that oh-so-sincere-and-not-at-all-famewhorey-no-matter-how-much-it-looked-and-acted-that-way romance was underway, it was too late.

After that first week, eliminating Chill Town was a matter of numbers, especially since Will wasn't going out of his way to win HOH (though I don't think he was throwing it that early on). If Nicole or Hardy had played with their heads instead of their egos, they would have finished off Chill Town the week Hardy nominated Kent and Will. I wouldn't have enjoyed the show nearly as much, so I'm very glad they didn't.

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 1:42 PM

If he gets on the show...please, no. I...no.

*goes into corner to weep and rock back and forth*

Any room in that corner for me to rock and weep along with you? Seriously, I hate Mike "Boogie" with a passion that's probably unhealthy. The only reality TV contestant to ever earn even half as much vitriol from me was Survivor's loathesome Johnny Fairplay, and I actually see a lot of similarities between the two.

Here are a few of the roughly 10 zillion reasons I loathe Mike "Boogie": first of all, he's a grown man insistent on referring to himself as "Boogie." That pretty much says it all. Second, he's a totally deluded poseur wannabe who's not even a FRACTION as smart, cool or even tolerable as he believes himself to be. Third, he chose to date Krusta. Whether that was purely for publicity or because he genuinely liked her doesn't interest me, as I find both explanations equally scary. Fourth, while I get that reality TV is populated by famewhore assholes, this guy isn't even a remotely interesting one. I can't even 'love to hate' him...I just 'get the hell off my TV now' hate him.

Unless one of the 'house challenges' involves torturing this loser waste of space while America looks on, I'm praying he doesn't make it back onto the show.

Edited by marlaas, Jun 26, 2006 @ 3:14 PM.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 3:03 PM

Don't forget he runs/ran Belly, the club/bar/thing that totally perpetuated the incestuous reality-show-contestant group grope that makes normal people become weird after they've been part of one of these things. My understanding was that you couldn't swing a sideways hat in that place for quite a while without hitting some dork from Dog Eat Dog. His role in that entire thing is ANOTHER reason I can't stand him.

Dear Former Reality Television People: YOU HAVE NOT ALL SHARED A TRANSFORMATIVE LIFE EXPERIENCE. GO MEET NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS.

God.

Edited by Miss Alli, Jun 26, 2006 @ 3:05 PM.

miiiike

miiiike

Stalker

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 4:08 PM

Here are a few of the roughly 10 zillion reasons I loathe Mike "Boogie": first of all, he's a grown man insistent on referring to himself as "Boogie." That pretty much says it all. Second, he's a totally deluded poseur wannabe who's not even a FRACTION as smart, cool or even tolerable as he believes himself to be. Third, he chose to date Krusta. Whether that was purely for publicity or because he genuinely liked her doesn't interest me, as I find both explanations equally scary. Fourth, while I get that reality TV is populated by famewhore assholes, this guy isn't even a remotely interesting one. I can't even 'love to hate' him...I just 'get the hell off my TV now' hate him.

Don't forget he runs/ran Belly, the club/bar/thing that totally perpetuated the incestuous reality-show-contestant group grope that makes normal people become weird after they've been part of one of these things. My understanding was that you couldn't swing a sideways hat in that place for quite a while without hitting some dork from Dog Eat Dog. His role in that entire thing is ANOTHER reason I can't stand him.

Right. And the hypocritical way he refused to accept that it was a game and people were going to screw him over and nominate him, just as he was going to screw over and nominate other people. Remember how he was all seething with rage at Kent about, "What are you going to tell your kids when they ask you why you sold out Mike Boogie?" And of course, the heinous leather basketball uniform. But that one probably went without saying.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 4:19 PM

Remember how he was all seething with rage at Kent about, "What are you going to tell your kids when they ask you why you sold out Mike Boogie?"

HA HA HA! I almost forgot that. Because Kent's kids were clearly at home loving Mike Boogie so much that they would punish their father for betraying him. That putz.

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2006 @ 10:44 PM

So I was discussing the topic of BB All Stars with a notoriously unreliable friend tonight and when I asked her who she was voting for, she said Mike Boogie. When I asked why, God, why, anyone would do that, she said that he appears on VH1 quite frequently and is actually quite funny. Now, I don't doubt for a second that my friend is mistaken about the identity of Mike Boogie and/or the concept of "funny", but I was wondering if there was anyone who could possibly corroborate either of these details.

Midnight Creeper

Midnight Creeper

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2006 @ 1:31 AM

I don't associate the word "funny" with "Mike Boogie". Repellent, certainly...vile and loathsome, sure. Bloated with both evil and delusions of coolness and popularity, very yes. (Here's a tip, Mr. Malin...if you are calling yourself cool...you aren't.)

But funny, no. Although I did laugh and laugh when he was evicted.

HAB

HAB

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2006 @ 7:43 AM

So I was discussing the topic of BB All Stars with a notoriously unreliable friend tonight and when I asked her who she was voting for, she said Mike Boogie. When I asked why, God, why, anyone would do that, she said that he appears on VH1 quite frequently and is actually quite funny. Now, I don't doubt for a second that my friend is mistaken about the identity of Mike Boogie and/or the concept of "funny", but I was wondering if there was anyone who could possibly corroborate either of these details.

Since he has all those restaurants in LA and VH1 does all those Fabulous Life shows, he appears quite often to talk about celebrities. I don't particularly find him funny but he's not as bad as he was on BB2. He's quite personable, I suppose. But that doesn't mean that I want him to be on All Stars. I go between wanting to watch and not wanting to touch All Stars with a 10 foot poll. After the experience of watching Survivor All Stars, I'm not particularly eager to see these famewhores on TV again. However, I would love an Amazing Race All Stars. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Orion7

Orion7

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 9:33 PM

I wasn't nearly as repelled by some people as I thought I would be - Allison and Jase, to name two - but Mike Boogie has not lost a drop of skeeviness. He looks old and tired, though. Hah!

Edited by Orion7, Jul 6, 2006 @ 9:35 PM.

LegallyRed2

LegallyRed2

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 9:45 PM

Hat. With Chill Town written in Sharpee. O.M.F.G.

jennyjay

jennyjay

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 9:59 PM

I didn't watch BB2, and after sitting through one hour with this guy tonight, I can only be thankful.
Well, and hopeful he'll be gone soon.

Halo

Halo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 10:00 PM

He just sucks. I'm kind of hoping he, Erica, and Allison go off to a corner and disappear. Don't let the door hit you in your custom-made, leather shorts-ed ass on the way out, Booger!

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 10:08 PM

He is going to make Miss Alli's head explode with all of his horrendous headgear. And those wristbands? I know I said I wouldn't comment on those, but wtf WAS that? Matching red/white/blue headband and wristbands? Is that supposed to be cool? Is he actually 12 years old, and this is 1976?

I hate him so much. And I hate the fact that he seems to have deluded himself into thinking he's important enough for the producers to want him back in, when it's really just he was part of the package of getting Will back.

Blech.

Edited by katesus7, Jul 6, 2006 @ 10:09 PM.

Huntsy

Huntsy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 10:22 PM

katesus7, ITA with every thing you said. Actually I couldn't have said it better.
I sat through all of the BB he was on and it was painful.
I swore I would not watch this season but got sucked in. Also when that FREAK brushed off his shoulder I tried to change the channel but couldn't. I need help.

Flamingo5

Flamingo5

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 11:54 PM

I just have one question: Why in the name of God does this man exist?

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2006 @ 1:13 AM

I have to think that he came in as a package deal. I bet Will said that if Mike was not on the show he would not go on either. And TPTB could not have their Richard Hatch not on the All-Stars so we have Mike Boogie. Personally I would have much rather had his spot filled with Monica (she could have brought the crazy) or Lisa (she could have bought the looks actually I kept on thinking that she was Lori from BB5). To me he is a waste of an All-Star, I mean was he not like the fourth person off on his season?

Flamingo5

Flamingo5

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 7, 2006 @ 1:34 AM

I have to think that he came in as a package deal. I bet Will said that if Mike was not on the show he would not go on either. And TPTB could not have their Richard Hatch not on the All-Stars so we have Mike Boogie. Personally I would have much rather had his spot filled with Monica (she could have brought the crazy) or Lisa (she could have bought the looks actually I kept on thinking that she was Lori from BB5). To me he is a waste of an All-Star, I mean was he not like the fourth person off on his season?

I too would have rather had ItsOnica in the house, but alas, it was not to be. I would think that there would be no other way for Mike to get in other than on Will's coattails, but I don't think it was a sort of "either he's in or I'm out thing" from Will, simply based on the notion that Will would never even half way sacrifice himself for something like that, considering the way he's been seeking fame since he won BB2. I think the producers thought Mike would make Will's situation more interesting - at least he's starting out with someone who likes him, that sort of thing.

I just hope to God that Mike has learned to keep his damn mouth shut. He would be halfway tolerable if he never spoke. But only halfway.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2006 @ 1:42 AM

Five years later, and he's still wearing UF shirts. Please stop. Gators may got that whammer jammer, but you sir, do not.

Cameltoes

Cameltoes

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2006 @ 1:46 AM

The package deal scenario seems much more likely now that we've seen how the choices went down. They could have had an even number of men and women, another winner in the house, or someone like Dana or Monica to mix things up and they choose Booger? I think Mike is a part of Will's strategy and that's why he wanted him in there too.

Gringa

Gringa

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2006 @ 2:00 AM

So which of the producers did this tool have to blow to get picked?