3-2: "Marsha and Yoshie" 2006.06.17 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

157 replies to this topic

nola44

nola44

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 4:58 PM

Just watched my TiVo of last night's episode and can't believe Marsha. All I kept saying throughout her scenes was, "man, what an fing bitch." Archie's sister--awesome, the only one of the three with any sense.

I did not think Yoshi was a Bridezilla--just very anal retentive. Her repetitive calling of the wedding planner and groom was more funny than bitchy. Loved her pink dress--Twista would be jealous.

Are we ever going to be done with Marsha? I just hope they don't drag her story out for the entire season. On Reality Remix she was one of the characters of the week (I don't know if she won or not)--fitting!

(Can't believe no one has started this topic yet!).

kimnkitties

kimnkitties

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 6:05 PM

I haven't seen the first of Marsha, but I did see the one with her and Yoshi, and I saw her and Archie on Dr. Phil the other day. From the way she acted on Dr. Phil, she certainly can't accuse anybody of doing any misleading editing to make her look bitchy... she was all that and more on Dr. Phil. I know we probably should feel sorry for Archie, but he was a nice looking man and sure didn't seem to deserve all the grief she was giving him. His sister deserves a medal for putting up with the bridezilla and being so tolerant of her. However, the sister told Archie, and he can certainly see for himself how Marsha is, so I think he deserves every ounce of grief he allows her to dish out to him, and it's gonna be a truckload.
Yoshi was not so much a bridezilla, as a tiny, attractive woman, who knew she was, who had roped a lawyer who thought she was a prize and making her happy will be his joy in life. At one point she reached out to straighten his tie or something that I saw as a gesture of true affection or familiarity on her part. You didn't see Marsha doing anything like that for Archie. I suspect if she extended a hand to him, he would probably flinch and duck.
Yoshi's dress was gorgeous.

Edited by kimnkitties, Jun 18, 2006 @ 6:07 PM.

Logan

Logan

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 6:21 PM

I actually saw Yoshi as a Bridezilla. She was just a bit too demanding. How many times what she going to call the wedding coordinator's name. I believe she realized how lucky she was in landing that lawyer (average look groom).

Marsha on the other hand takes that cake. She has got to be the worst bride I have seen on this show. She was verbally abusive to Archie. How he took her as his bride makes me wonder. I hope that the next episode will be the last of Marsha. I have the Dr. Phil episode with Marsha Tivoed. I am not sure I really want to watch it now.

callahooch

callahooch

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 6:29 PM

I really didn't have a problem with Yoshie--except that her groom seemed a bit...off? Stiff? He did seem to warm up at the reception.

Did anyone notice the caption about the price of the "Rose Pedals"??? Ugghhh!

dizzylizzy

dizzylizzy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 7:51 PM

Yoshi was a bit shrill but I didn't see her as that problematic. Except for the $100K spent on the wedding. But other than the Michael, Micheal, Michael!, she was pretty gracious. I think those two make an interesting but sweet couple.

Marsha could carry this whole series. They probably had to leave great stuff on the editing room floor. Archie needs some serious therapy if he would put up with that woman. And I love how the sister, who sounds as if she has been down this road before with Archie, was basically like, "Put up with this shit or ditch the bitch now! Cause it ain't changing." She pretty much had the situation nailed.

But I don't think it is really required to feed your musicians. Though if you are having a blue million people and it is going to all distinguished and shit, it seems a bit petty to starve your musicians.

slackerchick

slackerchick

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 8:43 PM

It's usually in the vendor's contract whether you are expected to feed them or not. Most places have a special "vendor" plate that they charge you less for, and it's pretty basic. If the musician was playing the entire four to six hour reception, plus 1-2 hours of set up and 1-2 hours of takedown, then yes, they're going to need to eat.

TheWereCow

TheWereCow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 9:09 PM

"Yoshie doesn't speak much English...."

Say wha'? Her English sounded fine to me. Her voice, however, OH MY GAWD!!! Michael, MICHAEL, MICHAEL! John-ee, John-EE, JOHN-EE!!! Sheesh.

Why does Lisa defend Marsha, I ask?

Marsha's a class A game player. She has these little smile's on her face when she's being a bitch, so she obviously thinks her behavior is cute. And that makes her bitchiness much much worse. Gah, what a hell-bitch!

And I say, if Marsha's refuses to feed her musicians, her starving artists should walk out mid-reception. Her head would explode and Archie would be free, FREE!!!

Edited by TheWereCow, Jun 18, 2006 @ 9:47 PM.

Stanwyck

Stanwyck

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 9:43 PM

Yoshi seems to have a better grasp of the English language than Marsha does.

I don't know how much more of Marsha I can take. If you're questioning whether you're fiance is worth marrying, then maybe you shouldn't. Marry that is.

Good thing Archie's sister has Marsha's number. Too bad she can't do anything about it. Like shipping her brother off to some remote island or slipping Marsha a mickey or some such.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 9:57 PM

I still think Marsha and Archie are related with their astoundingly round heads and I wish WE would stop using their broke-off version of "Lose My Breath".
I don't think those two have progressed from their high school relationship.

Yoshi's husband looks like an old version of that guy that stole Vanessa's Wretched tickets on the Cosby Show.

Is it next week yet? I think Archie's emasculation is complete, she made him cry like a 3 yr old.

jhawksgirl

jhawksgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 9:57 PM

Say wha'? Her English sounded fine to me. Her voice, however, OH MY GAWD!!! Michael, MICHAEL, MICHAEL! John-ee, John-EE, JOHN-EE!!! Sheesh

Word. I was waiting for "Johnnnneeeeeee" to grab an ice pick and start pokin'. Seriously, though, I thought she was calling the ring bearer, or other child named Johnny, when they were taking pictures. When I realized she was calling her groom, I cringed. That poor guy will be emasculated every day of his life, from now on.

MuffinLicker

MuffinLicker

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 10:01 PM

I wish I could have seen Marsha and Archie on Dr. Phil, even though I never watch that show. I would have loved to hear Archie's reasonings for allowing himself to be treated so poorly. Maybe it's just low self esteem, but as miserable as she makes him he keeps coming back for more.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 10:05 PM

I would have loved to hear Archie's reasonings for allowing himself to be treated so poorly.

He didn't speak on Dr. Phil, he just sat there with that smile on his face. It was sad.

drivethroo

drivethroo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 10:09 PM

That poor guy will be emasculated every day of his life, from now on.

I don't think so. I think that dude is damn lucky (and he knows it) to get a bride as cute as Yoshie. Dude looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Yes, all the "John-nees" will get tiresome, but it aint nothing he hasn't heard before.

I wish WE would stop using their broke-off version of "Lose My Breath".

Heh, they probably got that broke down "Lose My Breath" fromt he same place A&E's "Sell This House" got their broke down version of Nelly's "Hot in Herre".

Why does Lisa defend Marsha, I ask

?

Because she knows Archie is a punk. She laid it all out there: either dump the bitch or learn how to live with it.

How many times what she going to call the wedding coordinator's name.

The wedding coordinator acted like he was too busy to deal with Yoshie. That was his job, to deal with jittery brides. That's what he gets paid for, and I'm sure Yoshie is not the first anal bride he's had to deal with. I'm with Shaggy, I didn't like him.

I don't believe that Marsha loves Archie. He's just the only man willing to put up with her crap.

tracyKAY

tracyKAY

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 10:14 PM

Archie is best described in one word: WUSSY!!
In the coming attractions the man was crying?! Wha!!! There's no crying in BRIDEZILLAS!!

Marsha on the other hand is a selfish manipulator. I give this marriage 2 yrs with it ending in divorce or a criminal case on Nancy Grace.

kdelarosa22

kdelarosa22

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 10:30 PM

I think Lisa takes up for Marsha because if they do marry, Marsha will be really angry if she thinks someone tried to mess up her perfect wedding. Ethically, I think the producers should intervene. Mark my words, nothing good can come from this match.

Kimist1

Kimist1

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 10:43 PM

Archie-

I'll marry you!

I'm nice and I have good diction.

Seriously- I don't understand how women like Marsha always end up with men wrapped around their fingers. She acts like a spoiled child who doesn't get enough attention.

I understand wanting the details of your wedding to be perfect, but she lacks the grace people generally associate with such affairs.

Edited by Kimist1, Jun 18, 2006 @ 10:54 PM.

JDub1

JDub1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 10:47 PM

Marsha has some majorly serious issues (as if we didn't already know that). Not wanting any of her friends to have anything to do with Archie because they will steal him away or tell him things to break up the marriage? What kind of friends does she have if she really thinks they want to purposely break up her marriage? Most likely she's just afraid her friends will tell Archie to hide the knives, or better yet, get the fuck out of this.

I want to know what she's spending 57k on for the wedding. The way Lisa and the family were decorating the church seemed a bit cheap, and she doesn't seem to be splurging on a photographer either. And she seems to just make shit up in order to bitch. She gave him a huge attitude about the 800 dollars vs. the 1000 he said, and it definitely seemed that she was the one who misunderstood. He quickly cleared things up and apologized, but she still made it into a huge drama. Then just don't fucking hire him! Gah.She loves to bitch, loves to get pissed off.

I still don't get what she is getting so pissed off at Archie about. Is it really that serious? Most of the stuff she's making into these huge "I don't want to marry you" arguements about seems like petty shit that any couple who's willing to compromise and communicate is able to deal with and move on. And bitch, it's not "all about the bride, not the groom". It's about the two people that are getting married, not about the superbitch who gets psycho about gloves. Learn your priorites. She seems to get pissed when Archie decides to have any say. I cannot imagine living with this bitch.

Speaking of bitches, I cannot believe Archie is going to be on TV sobbing like a little whiny girl next week. Have some respect for yourself, man!

They reaired the interview where she states that she gets what she wants, and Archie has a smug smile on his face. He must love her extreme bitchiness. She seems to get off on it herself. Bitch needs to make her lifetime motto "It's not that serious".

They must've had trouble finding people to do the show. Nikki and Yoshi were not Bridezillas.

Edited by JDub1, Jun 18, 2006 @ 11:27 PM.

Gigglebox

Gigglebox

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 10:52 PM

I didn't think Yoshi was a bridezilla at all. It looked like other than the wedding planner she really didn't have anyone to help her with her wedding. And as for the wedding planner, the way I see it when you are paid $4500, you have to listen to "Michael, Michael, Michael"...a lot.

There are lots of Marshas out there...this one was videotaped, unlike the rest. Pure and simple, being a total ass works for them, it works for Marsha so she's not going to change. But of all the really nasty asses I've encountered, Marsha is the first one who can't turn the nasty off when its not working for her. For the first time I am beginning to understand how totally miserable couples end up together.

Archie might be a victim, but he's still a fool.

Kiba

Kiba

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 11:09 PM

Well, I now definitely have no sympathy for Archie. He's getting exactly what he wants. Fine for him, I guess, but it's time for Marsha and Archie to get off my tv screen.

And Lisa, dear, the problem is NOT that Marsha is a "strong-minded, indepedant woman." Please, that just gives a bad name to women who truly are independant, and I must say Marsha is anything but. She seems to get all of her self-worth from having other people cowering around her. She's lost if she isn't stepping all over someone.

Also, dear Bridezilla staff....they are rose petals, not "pedals," unless Yoshi was planning to glue roses to her bicycle.

Edited by Kiba, Jun 19, 2006 @ 9:33 AM.

JDub1

JDub1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 11:33 PM

And Lisa, dear, the problem is NOT that Marsha is a "strong-minded, indepedant woman."

I almost forgot about that part. I don't think Marsha is strong-minded at all. I think she's a superharsh superbitch that is unwilling to listen to what other people have to say or even be polite because she is insanely insecure. No one who is truly happy with who they are acts like she does.

jade76

jade76

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2006 @ 11:54 PM

Yoshie was anal but I did not see Bridezilla at all. Yes she was bugging the wedding planner a lot but he was paid $4500, and that comes with the job. She also did not curse or was rude to him, at least not that I noticed, just bugged him with a lot of questions about details. I actually liked her. I loved her dress and how she seemed to truly enjoy her wedding day instead of looking for minor things to gripe about like so many brides do. She could not stop smiling and said everything was perfect. It also seemed like she and her fiancée truly cared for each other, unlike that bitchzilla Marcia. What the hell is Archie thinking?

Ms. Moon

Ms. Moon

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 12:20 AM

I like Yoshie she was not a true bridezilla they tried to manufacture drama about the dress when she couldn't find the loop to carry the train and she was just so good about it she was just happy to be married and was willing to work with the wedding planner around it. She was all smiles on her wedding day not fretting and carrying on. Marsha's wedding seems to be one of those grandiose affairs intended to placate her ego.

trojanchick99

trojanchick99

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 1:06 AM

Do we know Marsha's birthdate, cause I bet she was born on June 6th, cause girl is EVIL! I mean there are no words.

Yoshi, a bit annoying, but no Bridezilla. Of course, anyone compared to Marsha is no Bridezilla.

PS. Dear WE Copy Editor Monkeys,

Um.... it's Petals not Pedals.

Thanx.

Taylorh2

Taylorh2

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 7:28 AM

Anyone get the impression that Archie grew up with all women? The way he let his sister talk to him, standing there, without saying a word. Is very telling. I once felt sorry for Archie but the scene of him crying in the backseat of the car, that she (Marsha) left him, was too much for me. He should have been crying for joy! WHAT A WUSS!

girlnamedcarl

girlnamedcarl

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 7:33 AM

For a while there, I was wondering if Yoshie just looked sweet compared to the swirling vortex of hate and wrongness that is Marsha, but when she was so blown away at how the restaurant looked, and started crying while saying her vows, that cemented it. She was adorable! If I knew her in my real life, I'd probably like to have her as a friend.

Michael? If you don't like having your name called repeatedly by jittery women? Get out of the wedding planning business or suck it up, dude.

Marsha just continues to amaze me. I find myself wanting to punch the screen whenever her bitchface appears. She makes herself hideous with her behavior, but the yellow eyeshadow adds a further degree of nastiness, as if the bile of her personality is bubbling to the surface. I like to think that a makeup artist told her to wear it knowing full well that it would make her look like shit (after she'd no doubt treated said makeup artist horribly).

Total word to the chorus of voices that Marsha is not a "strong-minded, independent woman." It picks my nit that flat-out bitches like this are given the label of "strong women." A truly strong woman does what needs doing with a smile and a kind word for everybody.

I can't help but wonder what Marsha and Archie will be like in another 10, 20 years. Will karma deal her some long-overdue comeuppance? Will the stress of living with her kill or maim Archie? Will they raise horrible girls and self-loathing boys? Will they ever learn anything?

piglet023

piglet023

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 7:57 AM

Oh Archie, RUN! Run for your life! If I were Lisa, I would have slapped that bitch so hard her weave would stay on crooked for a week.

OF COURSE Marsha isn't going to tell any of her friends about Archie, because then they'll tell him to enter the witness protection program. I can't even feel sorry for him because he's obviously not all there in the head.

And I can't feel sorry for Marsha either because yes, she's insecure, but she's also so un-self-aware that she doesn't know when to just shut it and let it be. Be insecure - we all are, at some point - but MY GOD, woman.

Have we met Marsha's parents? They created this monster. I'd LOOOOOOOVE to see what her dad is like. I'm predicting her mom is Marsha Sr. and her dad is this mousy, cowed little man.

FREE ARCHIE!

drivethroo

drivethroo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 8:23 AM

Have we met Marsha's parents? They created this monster. I'd LOOOOOOOVE to see what her dad is like. I'm predicting her mom is Marsha Sr. and her dad is this mousy, cowed little man.

I would bet that Marsha's dad is not in the picture and her mom has the same hateful attitude as Marsha.

I can't help but wonder what Marsha and Archie will be like in another 10, 20 years. Will karma deal her some long-overdue comeuppance? Will the stress of living with her kill or maim Archie? Will they raise horrible girls and self-loathing boys? Will they ever learn anything?

Marsha and Archie will still be together b/c that's what Archie likes. No man is going to stay with something he doesn't like. Look at how smug he looked when he was saying that Marsha was very aggressive and likes to get her way. She makes up for the aggression he wishes he had.

Anyone get the impression that Archie grew up with all women? The way he let his sister talk to him, standing there, without saying a word. Is very telling.

I would bet anything that Archie's mom and Lisa are both just like Marsha.

They must've had trouble finding people to do the show. Nikki and Yoshi were not Bridezillas.

That Regina woman sounds like she's going to be a doozy.

I don't know why these bridezillas think the sun shines out of their ass, or why the wedding day is supposed to be "their day to be a queen or a princess." It's like they feel if they don't put on this big production everyone will think they're broke down or something.

Edited by drivethroo, Jun 19, 2006 @ 8:24 AM.

The Closer

The Closer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 8:23 AM

I didn't dislike Yoshie and I don't know her or Johnny personally so this is completely speculative, but I felt very uncomfortable watching them. It seemed to me that it's a case of young, attractive woman finding a man with money/power and a man with money/power using it to find an attractive, young woman. This is awful (and maybe completely wrong) but I can't imagine them together if, say, Johnny was a truck driver. The whole thing kind of icked me out.

Given that I know that Marsha and Archie get married, watching this isn't so fun. If I thought there was a chance that the wedding might get called off, all this would be worth it. As it is, I don't know that I can handle watching many more episodes of their dysfunctional relationship (oh, but you know I will).

Edited by Sars, Jun 19, 2006 @ 9:57 PM.

Kris223

Kris223

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 8:51 AM

And Lisa, dear, the problem is NOT that Marsha is a "strong-minded, indepedant woman."

And "task-oriented" - can't forget that part. That woman is a total nightmare.

Taylorh2

Taylorh2

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 8:53 AM

Not to defend Marsha by any means but her hair is not a weave. It's just normal everyday hair.

Why is that that some people think that if a black women has ANY HAIR AT ALL, it must be a weave?

Edited by Taylorh2, Jun 19, 2006 @ 8:53 AM.