SPOILERS (with speculation): "Doesn't It Just Burn?"

• Please log in to reply

7960 replies to this topic

HauntedBathroom

HauntedBathroom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:29 AM

No, I honestly believe that JLC's character is going to be someone we haven't met. Plus as someone who's become increasingly sick to the back teeth of Gwen Cooper, I don't fancy having Anwen as the new companion. Sorry

Absolutely. Given that the Moff doesn't seem interested in Torchwood, other than as a viewer, I can't see him using a minor character as the new companion.

Oooh, Skaro, and multiple Dalek designs! Lovely.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

I'm starting to wonder why the Ponds last episode is set in New York and why they are up against the weeping Angels.
Amy met River for the first time in 5.4 TOTA. Not knowing her daughter would soon be concieved on her wedding night or honeymoon. It was the first time Amy was in real danger after being "infected". River took care of "mummy" knowing if Amy didn't survive she would not be born!.

New York has not been a lucky city for River. She first went there as little girl on the run from the silence.
Poor little mite had noone to care for her. She got sick (probably pneumonia) died and regenerated.

As an adult she had too jump of a building to escape. Lucky she ended up in the tardis pool but would have been a different story if the doctor hadn't been there.

River was scared of the angels that why she summoned the doctor to help fight them. Especilly when they did that creppy laugh thing. "Dear god what is that?". She knows how powerfull they are.

Thinking how sad it will be too see all 4 of them together as a family for one last time. Just hope the angels are wiped out to make the loss worth while.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 6:16 AM

Guys, it looks like we're getting all kinds of Daleks for the first episode of Series 7. Moffat posted this little beauty the other day here

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

Just wondering if there will be any final arguments/ confrontations between the doctor and any of the 3 Ponds before the end.I know he doesn't mean it but sometimes his actions or lack of actions get people hurt or killed. He offers them fun and excitment but there is also danger. His enemies know his weekness is his heart. They will ellways use that against him.

Amy was an impresssnable little 7 year old when she first met him. She didn't know her adult life would be influenced. Normal happy events like growing up, marriage and motherhood were all changed by the doctor in one way or another.

Rory mentioned the effect in 5.6 VOV. He also said in 5.7 AC that all he wanted was life with Amy and a family we all know how that turned out. He was insecure in S6 even after Amy was married to him and had given him a daughter.
He didn't even like Amy hugging her "best freind". Surprised he lets the doctor anywhere near River.

Then we have River/Melody herself. How much more is she going to have to sacrifice because she loves him?.
She allready lost her childhood, regenerations and freedom.He knows what her future holds and it is not good.
Will she blame him for the loss of one possibly both parents?.

If one of the Ponds does survive I hope they get their daughter back in one form or another. They will need something to give them hope a reason to live on. Roll on S7 !.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

It's been confirmed that Chris Chibnall writing both 7x02 and 7x04 for the new series and filming for the Weeping Angels episode seems to have begun (it's being filmed along with the first one, so I imagine some back and forth there).

Oh and this was also in the magazine, Jenna-Louise Coleman's audition piece ...

However, two warnings ....

1) Her character will not be named Jasmine. Moffat apparently isn't keen on the name (why? It's lovely!) and given that JLC already played a Jasmine on Emmerdale, maybe that's a good thing.
2) This is not a scene we'll see in a future episode. But I wish it was.

The Doctor and Jasmine are investigating a haunted house

The Doctor: So you saw it coming in here? What did it look like?
Jasmine: Gray. Sort of dusty. Like it was made of spider webs.
The Doctor: And it came through the wall?
Jasmine: Yeah, That wall there.
The Doctor: And made a moaning sound.
Jasmine: Moaning, groaning, yeah.
The Doctor: And you don't think it was a ghost. Why not?
Jasmine: Because there's no such thing as ghosts.
The Doctor: You know, a lot of people who saw what you just saw wouldn't still think that
Jasmine: Obviously. Otherwise there wouldn't still be idiots who believes in ghosts.
The Doctor: What were you doing here?
Jasmine: I love this place. It's.. beautiful
The Doctor: It's falling apart
Jasmine: It's old. I love old things, they make me sad
The Doctor: What's good about sad?
Jasmine: It's happy for deep people. You'd know.
The Doctor: I'm not sad.
Jasmine: Oh, you are though. Under all that talking and leaping about. Takes one to know one.
The Doctor: So you come here... for recreational sadness.
Jasmine: Yeah. In a way. Okay, why are you looking at me like that?
The Doctor: You remind me of an old friend of mine. Someone I lost a long time ago.
Jasmine: Down boy. I'm not her.
The Doctor: Oh, I know you're not - I don't believe in ghosts either.
Jasmine: Oh my god, what's that?!
The Doctor: Okay, just stay calm.
Jasmine: But that's the thing I saw before.
The Doctor: Yep, and it's coming towards us. I expect you noticed that. Say it with me - I don't believe in ghosts.
Jasmine: I don't believe in ghosts.
The Doctor: Louder! I don't believe in ghosts. !
Jasmine: I don't believe in ghosts! Will this work?
The Doctor: No idea, never met a ghost before.

EllyF

EllyF

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

Jasmine: It's old. I love old things, they make me sad
The Doctor: What's good about sad?
Jasmine: It's happy for deep people.

If I recall correctly, this bit is snagged directly from "Blink" and is something Sally Sparrow said to her friend. I guess one doesn't have to be original when writing audition scripts:-).

Edited by EllyF, Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:45 AM.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

If I recall correctly, this bit is snagged directly from "Blink" and is something Sally Sparrow said to her friend. I guess one doesn't have to be original when writing audition scripts:-).

Unless the "someone" he's talking about is Sally.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:11 AM

I doubt it's Sally, despite that dialogue in question. It's probably Rose or Donna or maybe Amy/Rory, depending on how long it's been since their departure and first meeting 'Jasmine' for the Doctor.

derekevans

derekevans

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:35 AM

But it's Jasmine who says that line, and the Doctor never heard Sally say it -- he only met Sally for about 30 seconds, and he never "lost" her. It's just Moff re-using dialogue for an audition, no deeper meaning. Happens all the time.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:43 AM

Jenna has mentioned in DWM that she does know about her character's arc and her name at this point.

She begins filming in the fourth block in May - 2012 Christmas special. The third block is episode 4 by Chris Chibnall.

call me ishmael

call me ishmael

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

I took the important line to be the one about saying how sad the doctor was not the repeat from Blink. So the question is who would always have been commenting on how sad he was despite all the jumping around?

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:25 AM

Filming pics of Amy and Rory and it's not looking good here

As usual, some of the comments on that site are made of epic fail.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:33 AM

I have got a bad feeling they were both arguing and "heart broken" over the death of their precious only daughter.
River dies in New York at the hands of weeping angels Rory blames the doctor but Amy can't bring herself too.

Amy says goodbye to her best freind then goes after Rory in a bid to save their marriage.
Will have to have a box of tissues on standby when this one airs sometime in the autumn.

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Filming pics of Amy and Rory and it's not looking good here

Well, Rory is looking really fine! Dare I say HOT!!!

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:48 PM

December13 - Both Amy and Rory look hot but the arguing and apparent divorce papers in some of the released pictures is a little worrying. I'm guessing the Daleks are screwing with Amy/Rory to get to the Doctor. I just don't see Amy/Rory seperating, even after all the stuff they've been through.
Peplow - I don't think it's about River to be honest. We have yet to find out whether she's in the first episode or not (which is where those pics are from). I'll be shocked if she's not in episode 5.

A few bits from 7x01 and 7x05 that were posted on Gallifreybase earlier ....

From doctorwhospoilers.com ---

Scenes all set in the TARDIS
Amy has a book of some sort and ask where he got it from. The TARDIS console at some point explodes and The Doctor is franticly looking for the landing lights while the TARDIS is spinning out of control. Amy then dashes for the TARDIS door. The doctor at some point is dancing/prancing around

Rory gets onto the London Bus (seen from location images) and is surrounded by bright lights / beams of lights.

There is a close up shot of Rory lying on white floor.

Close up of The Doctor and Rory at Junction Room monitor.

At some point during the episode:
A scene set in a Chinese Workshop which features a Chinese foreman character and a scene set in Amy and Rory’s house which features wine and the TARDIS fading away.

snowflakey

snowflakey

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

River dies in New York at the hands of weeping angels Rory blames the doctor but Amy can't bring herself too.

I thought it was already established that River dies in the Library back in season 4. Moffat may be a crappy writer sometimes, but that would be a gross retconning of River's story.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:19 AM

Not necesserily the future chanegs with the choices people make. Then Silence had to go to a lot of trouble to arrange the doctors "death" a fixed point using a still point whatever that is.

Plus the weeping angels take people out of time and mess with it. Anything is possible.We just have to wait and see.
Don't think the doctor would leave the ponds in a bad way. He knows they need eachother and belong together as soul mates.

call me ishmael

call me ishmael

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:08 PM

Not necesserily the future chanegs with the choices people make. Then Silence had to go to a lot of trouble to arrange the doctors "death" a fixed point using a still point whatever that is.

Plus the weeping angels take people out of time and mess with it. Anything is possible.We just have to wait and see.
Don't think the doctor would leave the ponds in a bad way. He knows they need eachother and belong together as soul mates.

It is really hard to see how they can change River's death. If she doesn't die then the Doctor did, and also there is so much of their relationship that is built upon that first meeting (at least from his perspective). Moreover, one of the great conceits of the River story is that she is put into prison for killing him when in fact she saved him.

I think that the reason that the Doctor's death could appear to be a fixed point in time is that no one can know (at least until the next regeneration) that he isn't the Doctor from before he was supposed to die. It is one of the advantages of being able to move through time and space at will.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

Thats why I don't get the way he treats her sometimes. In 5.4 TOTA he didn't want to be near her and was annoyed that she callled for help and touched his stuff including being a better pilot in the Tardis.

He callled her "professor" so he must have rememebered what happened in the library. Was surprised to find out she hadn't got that far yet. He claimed he couldn't trust her but she saved his life and knew his real name plus the sonic screwdriver. They are personel intimate things he wouldn't share with anyone except a "wife".

Question is can he be a good husband?. Flashy and romantic gestures do not make a marriage.
If her parents die or divorce is he going to show up at her cell to break the bad news?.

After everythingthat happened she deserves better then that. She loves him but maybe she will realise she needs her own life. Leave prison one last time kiss him and say "goodbye sweetie" then head of into the sunset.

snowflakey

snowflakey

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

It is really hard to see how they can change River's death. If she doesn't die then the Doctor did, and also there is so much of their relationship that is built upon that first meeting (at least from his perspective).

Exactly. Too much headachey timey wimey stuff gets in the way for River to die at this point. For River to die before she meets 10 would create a clusterfuck of The Doctor's personal history. Moffat would have to do some serious plot gymnastics to make her die twice.

If anything, River will be part of the Ponds' goodbye, but will not die. She'll just do her thing off screen until they want her for a future episode. Or if it's her final appearance (which I doubt), they can leave it as "I'll see you in the Library."

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

Matt, Karen and Arthur are in New York filming for 7x05 and according to some posters on GallifreyBase, Alex Kingston will be joining them tomorrow.

Interesting enough though, her hair will be similar to how it was in the Library two parter from Series 4.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:13 AM

That would explain a lot. Angels would see time lords as an all you can eat buffet compared to mere humans who are just snacks. They are viscous and strong. Powerfull enough to change both the doctor and Rivers future. Reckon they are saving the most scary and emotional stuff for this one. Kleenex may need to be on stand by.

JoleneBrown

JoleneBrown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

I'm really attached to River's story and invested in it and I feel that they've already diminished it somewhat and I'm really anxious that this is going to diminish it further... I hope I am wrong. If this is one of the last things she does before going to the Library, then groovy... rescuing her from the library I'm just not too sure about. Where were the library episodes filmed?

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

Some filming pics of Amy and Rory's last episode can be seen here

Alex Kingston should be filming her bits from tomorrow onwards.

TheSporkWielder

TheSporkWielder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Did you see the headline on that newspaper Amy is reading? "Detroit Lions Win Superbowl!" HA! That'll be the day.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:20 AM

I guess strange things can happen in Doctor Who.

Hoping some filming pics of Alex Kingston materialise soon.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 1:49 PM

Just wondering how this "heart breaking" storyline will pan out.
Something pretty devastating must happen with the Weeping Angels in New York then the Doctor follows the Ponds back to Ledworth. They argue possibly even divorce then he has to say goodbye not just for now but for the rest of their lives and his life. What could be so bad ?.

They have been through so much in the last few years. You don't leave freinds without a good reason.
Thats why it might be to do with River / Meldoy. She ties them together. Lose her and the rest falls apart.

Kavarian claimed she made River the person she is. Wrong answer her experiment to raise the perfect assasin failed.
Doctor , Amy and Rory made her who and what she is. Techniclly she wouldn't exsist or at least be part time lord if it wasn't for the doctor. Also ironic in one of her generations she had to bring her parents together to ensure she would actully be born in the first place.

All this scietific and timey whimey stuff can get a bit headachy can't it ?. Maybe the last 5 episodes with the Ponds will answer a few things.

TheSporkWielder

TheSporkWielder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:58 PM

If they have Amy and Rory divorce, I'm calling bullshit. They've been through so much together and only become stronger as a couple. Rory waited 2,000 years for Amy; Amy tore time and space apart for Rory even after spending nearly 40 years alone (not to mention Amy killed herself in the Dream World when faced with living in a world without Rory in it). The show has spent so much time working on the "Amy + Rory=TRUE LOVE!" thing, I find it hard to believe the writers would divorce them. I'd rather the show kill off one of them than have them divorce for some contrived reason just to cause angst.

Edited by TheSporkWielder, Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:02 AM.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:18 AM

From what I saw last week it's hard to tell what causes the argument and if they do actully break up or not. Maybe right at the last minute they realise they still love and need eachother.

Maybe its about the way the doctor affects peoples lives. There is fun and excitement but also danger.
He doesn't want people to get hurt but it happens.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

I doubt Amy and Rory are divorcing. They seem pretty loved up in the later episodes, especially with those pics from the DM.

There's been some filming with Alex as well but no pics of her yet.