Scheduling & Ratings: We Get It Three Times a Week

• Please log in to reply

698 replies to this topic

DuchessKitty

DuchessKitty

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

I believe I read that the eviction will be on Tuesday so I assume we'll be blocked from the feeds from then until after the live show on Thursday.

I was just offered a ticket to go to the Big Brother taping today at 3PM PST. So this is the taped eviction that they'll be showing tomorrow 9/7. I don't have the feeds, but wouldn't that mean that they'd be blocking them beginning this afternoon (Pacific time)?

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 7:35 PM

DuchessKitty, yes, the feeds are blocked and will be until after the show tomorrow night. Also, did you go to the taping?

Edited by peachmangosteen, Sep 6, 2011 @ 7:36 PM.

DuchessKitty

DuchessKitty

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 12:05 AM

Unfortunately I wasn't able to go, but my friend did. He had to sign something but only said that there weren't any big surprises.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 2:03 PM

I have a dumb question, I know the show is not on tonight for obvious reasons. However, is there going to be one more show before the finals or is this it? The reason why I ask is I did not see Julie give a schedule update so I am not sure if the show will be on a special night to show us the winner of Part Two of the HOH. I looked on the CBS site and could not find anything on there.

argrow

argrow

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 2:36 PM

The finale is the only episode left for this season.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 11, 2011 @ 7:08 PM

They’ll show the second and third parts of the HoH, the final eviction by the HoH (no nominations since there are only three of them left), the speeches to the jury by the final two, and then the announcement of the winner and the America’s Choice prize. All of that in ninety minutes!

Macenlu

Macenlu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

BB14 - I noticed that CBS has football on Thursday. Anyone know what happens to the show/eviction in that case?

argrow

argrow

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

The show is still scheduled to go on on CBS's website, so the football is probably just in your area. Check your local listing. They usually re-air stuff early morning after all the late night talk shows have ended.

Macenlu

Macenlu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

Thanks!

ThisMomma

ThisMomma

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 12:46 PM

Macenlu, pay close attention to the times as well. BB is being pre-empted here in northern IL for the Bears pre-season game. In years past, our local CBS affiliate has shown BB at like 1:14am, right smack dab in the middle of infomercials or old NCIS re-runs. We've had to get creative with the DVR.

punishinglight

punishinglight

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

http://tvbythenumber...ness-up/144307/

Big Brother ratings are down this year, and a lot are speculating not just due to the Olympics. Last night's episode matched a series low in the coveted 18-49 demo. I hope the producers are noticing this and will decide to not bring back former players next year.

BooNasty0121

BooNasty0121

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 6:07 AM

It makes my cold dead heart happy to hear the ratings are down. And now with the fuckery of my Janey Doll being evicted I hope the ratings drop like a stone....on AG's & Mike Boogie's heads.

My link

Edited by BooNasty0121, Aug 11, 2012 @ 8:53 AM.

bumblehare74

bumblehare74

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 7:14 AM

punishinglight:

Big Brother ratings are down this year, and a lot are speculating not just due to the Olympics. Last night's episode matched a series low in the coveted 18-49 demo. I hope the producers are noticing this and will decide to not bring back former players next year.

In general, I am not a fan of having former players coming back into the game. That said, I think that it is TPTB interference in game play that is the real problem. There are so many floaters now in the game, that the house guests probably don't want to be too aggressive in game play and get caught up in a game twist, and so they just lie low.

I won't be shocked at all if the show is delayed tonight for east coasters due to the golf tournament that is continuing today. Apparently, they were unable to finish the round of golf they were playing yesterday. It looks like the tournament was scheduled to run for east coasters until 7:00pm tonight without the delay. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by bumblehare74, Aug 12, 2012 @ 7:15 AM.

punishinglight

punishinglight

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

In general, I am not a fan of having former players coming back into the game. That said, I think that it is TPTB interference in game play that is the real problem. There are so many floaters now in the game, that the house guests probably don't want to be too aggressive in game play and get caught up in a game twist, and so they just lie low.

You're right, and I feel bringing back former players, producer interference and the lack of gameplay/big moves by the newer players all go hand in hand. I'm convinced that the producers cast people who have never seen the show (Jenn, Shane, Danielle for example) and are recruited through alternative means such as dating shows (Danielle) and Facebook (Jojo, Shane) along with superfans (Adam, Ian) as of late so that they will a) not know how the veterans play or how the game works and therefore be one step behind them and b) will be so starry-eyed towards and wanting to impress the vets (remember Adam and Jeff, anyone?) that they won't target them or prevent the vets from making it to the end.

Whatever it is, ratings are down. The finals for Janelle's eviction episode dipped to barely above 5 million (5.03) and an all-time low in the demo. All shows have been affected as of late, but producers must be concerned.

Hamsterwatch is calling for a boycott for tonight's show in the hopes of affecting ratings and helping the producers realize how unhappy fans are in general with this season and producer interference.

http://www.hamsterwatch.com/

ThisShowIsNuts

ThisShowIsNuts

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 5:44 PM

I'm on the east coast and I can't find tonight's show at all. CBS here is airing football followed by RNC. Anyone know when it's going to air?

uniq11

uniq11

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

I'm on the east coast and I can't find tonight's show at all. CBS here is airing football followed by RNC. Anyone know when it's going to air?

Check the Posts by Others on the FB page: http://www.facebook.com/BigBrother

If you have Cablevision/Fios, you can watch it on WLNY, channel 10. It's also supposed to air on Comcast channel 810.

ThisShowIsNuts

ThisShowIsNuts

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

Thanks, I have Time Warner so I guess I'll just watch it online tomorrow.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

According to my Time Warner cable guide (Syracuse) it's scheduled to air at 1:50 a.m. Stupid Bills. NO ONE cares about the fourth preseason game!

ThisShowIsNuts

ThisShowIsNuts

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

I'm in NYC and it doesn't appear on my DVR schedule, or the regular guide at all. Guess they're not airing it at all, even late at night. 1:50 appears to be Comics Unleashed. Does anyone even watch that show?

uniq11

uniq11

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

Keep checking. Someone posted that it will air on ch 55 on Time Warner and at videobrother.com.

ThisShowIsNuts

ThisShowIsNuts

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 7:37 PM

Awesome!! Channel 55 is showing it at 9pm. Not HD though but that's ok. Thanks!!

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 8:42 PM

No football for either the Mountain or Pacific time zones, but be aware that the lineup tonight is the Republican National Convention first, then The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men (both repeats), and then Big Brother at 9:00 p.m. PDT. Heaven forbid that we should lose an hour of repeats to the Republicans! *eyeroll*

Edited by legaleagle44, Aug 30, 2012 @ 8:43 PM.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

In the past, when pre-season football pre-empted Big Brother, they showed it at 1 or 2 in the morning. I would just check your local listings.

Edited: sorry, was somehow way behind on that one.

Edited by katesus7, Aug 30, 2012 @ 9:10 PM.

bumblehare74

bumblehare74

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 6:46 AM

It is an NFL doubleheader weekend this Sunday, September 16, for CBS. There is a very good chance that Big Brother will start late for people in the EST zone.

Edited by bumblehare74, Sep 10, 2012 @ 6:47 AM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

CBS has finally wised up and realized that football games never finish up in the allocated time. The shows this weekend are scheduled to start on the half-hour, so it will be easier to set a DVR recording up and actually capture the entire show. Finally!

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

Of course, that throws viewing off unnecessarily in the western half of the country, since we're never affected by football overruns. But I guess it's a small price to pay to make sure that the eastern half of the country doesn't have to wait until some ungodly hour to see the show.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

I can't tell if it only affects the eastern half of the country, or if it's for the entire 48 states. It does seem silly for them to do it outside of the Eastern and Central time zones.

Okay, it is only for Eastern and Central.

The CBS Eye-lert is helpful to have in case they run even beyond that 1/2 hour cushion.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

Thanks for the confirmation, TWOP Howard. Not that it really matters, since it's only a half-hour difference in any case, but it's nice to know that living in Arizona has its advantages on occasion. :)

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

Is Sunday's episode one of the "The F3 reminiscence" recappy ones or a legit episode? My DVR says recap, but I thought I saw here that it's not. I missed Julie talking about the upcoming episodes at the end of last night's ep.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Sep 14, 2012 @ 9:19 AM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 14, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

No, I don't think it will be a clip show (or at least not totally). My recollection is that Julie said that we would see the final HoH competition, and the TWoP/ZAP2it listings say this:

The new head of household nominates two contestants for possible eviction.

I'm not sure if they didn't have enough episodes to do a clip show, or if they are including it as part of Wednesday's ninety-minute finale, but I'm glad we'll have something more interesting to watch on Sunday.