Scheduling & Ratings: We Get It Three Times a Week

• Please log in to reply

698 replies to this topic

ElectraGlide

ElectraGlide

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 11:01 AM

One of my favorite things about BB is three new episodes every week! We'll still get three episodes per week this season, but one big change to the weekend schedule:

CBS moves weekend Big Brother 7 episodes to Sundays.

Flashy Mcflash

Flashy Mcflash

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 11:16 AM

Sweet! A Sunday show will allow me to watch much more.

I'm still arguing with myself over whether to order the feeds this year. I've done pretty well with reading the recaps on other sites, but I guess I'll wait and see if they're worth watching (and who gets in, of course).

Nich337

Nich337

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 11:27 AM

I'm happy about the Sunday show. Saturdays always created a conundrum for me, because I'd wind up either sitting at home watching, thinking, 'God, I have no social life;' going out somewhere and getting anxious about missing my summertime crack (setting off a shame spiral); or trying to explain to my friends why I couldn't do anything until after 9:00.

"I thought you didn't work Saturday nights."
"No, I don't, it's just--"

And then they'd laugh at me. Thank God for TWOP. And now for Sunday BB.

svarlo

svarlo

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2006 @ 4:12 PM

I know I'm going to be busy, so I set my DVR to record the series. However, I looked at the scheduled recordings and it is set to record the episode this Wednesday, but I can't find any other episodes scheduled for the next two and a half weeks. Is that an accident? Or is my DVR getting weird on me and only recording Wednesday's episode?

If anyone can tell me when the second episode will air, I would greatly appreciate it.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2006 @ 4:37 PM

svarlo, according to the CBS website, the top 20 candidate unveiling is June 21, but the first episode of the actual show isn't until July 6, when the houseguests will be announced. It's unclear to me if that's when they move in, but I'd think it would be. According to The Futon Critic, the next show after that is July 11, which starts the regular Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday schedule.

svarlo

svarlo

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2006 @ 7:41 PM

Thank you, auntlada. That will help alot and might actually fit into my schedule. I'm actually looking forward to this season, imagine that...

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2006 @ 8:02 PM

O yuck, I hope they don't do recaps of ALL the guests, yawn, who are they, who were the cutest, most controversial (Mega), most southern, most blonde, most buff, etc. etc. etc.

But I guess they'll be doing just that if the show proper begins in July. Maybe I'll just watch the July show when everyone's on. I'm sure Julie will tell them there's a twist,meaning more of the allstars will have a chance to enter the house when another is evicted!

Did they tell us what the twist would be? Can we guess beforehand?

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 1:27 AM

Did they tell us what the twist would be? Can we guess beforehand?

So far, no mention of twists that I've seen. But I'm sure that there will be twists, that they will be mentioned by Julie Chen around 231 times, that they will be lame, and that they will have absolutely no effect on the outcome.

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 1:30 PM

But I'm sure that there will be twists, that they will be mentioned by Julie Chen around 231 times, that they will be lame, and that they will have absolutely no effect on the outcome.

katesus7

A lot of them turned out to be non-twists, that's for sure! Sort of liked it when the guests figured it out beforehand.

Remember the Bible Twins? I wonder whether they'll compete this year, or whether they're too busy in their exercising business.

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 1:41 PM

But I'm sure that there will be twists, that they will be mentioned by Julie Chen around 231 times, that they will be lame, and that they will have absolutely no effect on the outcome.

...and it will have a craptastically preposterous name like "Project: Signs in the Stars" which Julie will repeat a dozen times per episode. And there will be a cheesy accompanying graphic such as a constellation made up of each contestant's profile pic. And there will be lame exit interview banter like:

"Well, Monica, as you know, this summer is Project: Signs in the Stars, so you never know which way the house will orbit."

Edited by PhilMarlowe2, Jun 17, 2006 @ 1:44 PM.

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 1:48 PM

"Well, Monica, as you know, this summer is Project: Signs in the Stars, so you never know which way the house will orbit."

My twenty is on the cyber-table...I'm betting that BB is going to steal
PhilMarlowe2's idea.

Sigh. And yep, it'll suck.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 2:13 PM

Little late to the party, but I am quite glad that there'll now be a Sunday episode. It fits in my schedule nicely, even though it doesn't really matter when they screen the show as I'll just TiVo it.

And I'm pretty surprised that Big Brother has been granted its own area on the TWoP board. I haven't been around for quite sometime but thought I should catch up with the BB talk so I can gear up for the Summer, and I found this. Terrific!

Edited by Stinger97, Jun 17, 2006 @ 3:49 PM.

evil jesus

evil jesus

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 3:16 PM

It's going to be better for the show since few actually watch the Saturday episode. Isn't that the nominations show?

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 6:53 PM

Isn't that the nominations show?

Yes, I think it's the Live show.

Hey Im Jeff

Hey Im Jeff

Posted Jun 17, 2006 @ 7:01 PM

Yes, I think it's the Live show.

Thursday is the live show.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Jun 21, 2006 @ 9:46 AM

Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday? Perfect. Good job CBS. About 10:30pm on Saturdays, I'd remember about Big Brother. So I'd always miss that episode.

Katie M

Katie M

Posted Jun 21, 2006 @ 12:14 PM

Nominations aren't live and they were on Saturdays... presumably now on Sundays. The live show was on Thursdays when someone was evicted from the house and got to interact with the Chenot as she ran her banter.exe program.

Corcat

Corcat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2006 @ 8:07 PM

Well, we've seen who's on. Who do I want to be in? Glad you asked. In alphabetical order they are

1. Allison
2. Danielle
3. Dianne
4. Ivette
5. Janette
6. Jase
7. Kaysar
8. Marcellus
9. Mike (Boogie)
10.Monica
11.Nakomis
12.Will (I don't want him in, but I know you'll all be disappointed if his name isn't at the end of the list)

And I want Jase and Mike in so I can learn to tell them apart. That is all.

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 12:55 PM

Zap2it.com

FOX started things off strong with the 5.4/10 first hour for "So You Think You Can Dance." NBC was second with "Dateline," which outdid the 4.0/7 for CBS' "Big Brother" casting special. ABC averaged a 3.4/7 for episodes of "George Lopez" and "Freddie." The WB's "Blue Collar TV" had a 1.4/3, more than twice the figure watching UPN's airing of the documentary "My Date With Drew."

MediaWeek.com

On CBS, the one-hour Big Brother 7: All-Stars special, which revealed the 20 nominated former contestants vying for a spot to return this summer, disappointed with a 4.0/ 7 in the overnights (#3), 6.13 million viewers (#3), and a 2.2/ 7 among adults 18-49 (#2t) at 8 p.m. Big Brother fans where were you last night?

Well that sucks.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 2:14 PM

Hopefully the ratings are better than this when the actual season starts. If not, we're screwed.

phenolbarbiedol

phenolbarbiedol

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 2:59 PM

Why do you think the fans would be screwed?

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 3:10 PM

Because if BB remains at a 4.0 for the actual season, I don't expect it to be returning next summer. And if that's the case, the best part of the summer will be no more. And I don't think I could handle that.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 3:10 PM

Ah crap, double post. Sorry!

Edited by Stinger97, Jun 22, 2006 @ 3:13 PM.

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 3:20 PM

Because if BB remains at a 4.0 for the actual season, I don't expect it to be returning next summer. And if that's the case, the best part of the summer will be no more. And I don't think I could handle that.

I'd love for one show that I like to not have ratings concerns. I keep telling myself... "Don't worry, it was just a casting show." But still, I'd think fans would want to see that. Right?

BB has no protection (aka lead-in) this season, except for 60 Minutes on Sunday. Hopefully, CBS will make adjustments, if adjustments are needed.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 3:25 PM

BB has no protection (aka lead-in) this season, except for 60 Minutes on Sunday. Hopefully, CBS will make adjustments, if adjustments are needed.

Heh, 60 Minutes as a lead in. Perfect, CBS! Because everyone knows the demographic that's interested in 60 Minutes is going to stay tuned for a bunch of 20 something kids running around flirting, backstabbing, and sleeping in a badly decorated house.

Brilliant!

By the way, what were the ratings like last year? I remember they weren't terribly good, but they ususally won their timeslot. I don't think CBS expects huge numbers from BB, but I do think it should at least pull some decent numbers to win in its hour. Didn't it hover at around a 5.5 last year?

Edited by Stinger97, Jun 22, 2006 @ 3:28 PM.

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 3:42 PM

Yes, it got around 5.5 (around 8 mil viewers) last year with around a 3.0-3.5 demo.

TAR had this slot earlier this year, and it also saw huge drops.

If the show couldn't be supported by CBS, my guess is the CW or another smaller network would take it. It has a tremendous online following, and it's probably why BB is still on the air right now.

Of course, it's a tad too early to speculate. Hopefully the premiere will get closer to a 5.0.

phenolbarbiedol

phenolbarbiedol

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 4:38 PM

Geez, Stinger97 -- now you're scaring me. Wish I hadn't asked that question now.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 4:45 PM

Sorry, phenol, I didn't mean to sound like this is the end for BB. Hopefully those numbers improve, especially since this was only a casting special.

Also, CBS seems dedicated to BB. It's been a staple in their summer lineup for six years. I don't think they're ready to let it go just yet. Especially since none of their other programs seem to fair so good during the summer, either.

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 5:05 PM

CBS could (and probably should) move BB to 9 PM on Tuesday like last year. Oddly enough, NCIS proved to be a decent lead-in.

jellyeggs

jellyeggs

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2006 @ 6:29 PM

In a recent story about the "All-Stars" concept for this season, a programming VP for CBS said that BB`s a very profitable show for the network! So with that in mind, I don`t see it going anywhere soon, in fact, a couple of the producers said in a Jokers interview that they`d like to be around for BB 20! I doubt that they were just kidding, lol. Also, unlike "Survivor," "Amazing Race," & a few others, BB (like "American Idol") comes around only once a year (so to speak), so as we`ve all demonstrated, anticipation for another chapter`s there after it ends, you`re not going to see it back just weeks later for a new "cycle," potentially wearing out the welcome mat too quickly as evidenced by the recent ratings struggles of "Race" & ''Survivor" to a lesser degree.