Big Brother in the Media: Outside the Hamster Cage

• Please log in to reply

4612 replies to this topic

Stepoff

Stepoff

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 1, 2014 @ 2:35 AM

Saw this video tweeted a bit today: Big Brother Audition Video Tips From Robyn Kass (Casting Director) starring a lot of past hamsters. Needs less cameos from the vile people of BB15 and it would have been better.

melvi

melvi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 2, 2014 @ 2:06 PM

Robyn Kass seems to maintain a very chummy relationship with many former HGs. Reportedly she has cast friends of former HGs, and she helps make decisions about booking returning HGs and cameos.

If BB cared about objectivity and fairness they should prohibit Kass from blending her casting work with personal friendships, but clearly objectivity and fairness are the least of the producers' priorities.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2014 @ 9:25 PM

That Robyn Kass video is annoying because she casts people who (A) don't watch the show, (B) who compare themselves to former players all the time and © are who inarticulate morons who can't communicate with their fellow house guests or the viewing audience.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 3:48 AM

Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon.

RaceBirch

RaceBirch

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 6:48 PM

What change?

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 8:44 PM

I was commenting on Dolphincorn's post. It's almost as if something happened last summer that made them change their approach to how they cast the show.

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2014 @ 9:25 AM

Adam Jasinski got out of prison a year early... and is hanging out with Amanda. I'm not sure whether to say "She sure knows how to pick 'em!" or "This is a good time to remind everyone he hasn't had contact with women for the past three years."

On second thought, I'll go with the former. In fact, I'm 95% sure that she took a picture with this drug-dealing convicted felon to remind everyone that she's NOT the worst human being to ever be cast on this show.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 9, 2014 @ 7:34 PM

Yes, that's a good point. Amanda can proudly boast that she's never served time for a felony conviction. Not yet, anyway. 

Nascar

Nascar

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 9:52 PM

Early start again this season.  June 25th at 8 PM.

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 7:54 PM

Michelle Noonan Ross whatever-her-name-is from BB11 has gone full-on Amanda Bynes. This past weekend she'd been institutionalized against her will for three days. If it weren't for her attention seeking through all of this I'd take it as a genuine breakdown.

In other news that I can't find links for, McCrae and Amanda broke up sometime before Valentine's Day (shock of shock and awe of awes), Andy and Elissa patched up their differences around the same time and are apparently friends again (not that surprising since Andy was seen hanging with Rachel in LA back in January) and he's going back to teaching in the fall after taking a year off to travel, Judd wants to move to LA since he hasn't had a steady job since the show ended, and GinaMarie may or may not have switched her bunny-boiler target from Nick to Tom Plant from the first season of Big Brother Canada (And people thought Liza was intense!).

Oh, and Aaryn's trying to become a wedding planner. Insert your own throwing rice joke here.

Edited by DMike, Mar 19, 2014 @ 7:57 PM.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 11:45 PM

Yeah, that sounds about right. So for this season, is it all new people, or all-stars, or still unknown? I always prefer all new people to hate, but if it is returning people I sincerely hope last season gets the shaft. I want it to be like the winter 'couples' season, who were never heard from (except from the jail stints) again.

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2014 @ 6:37 AM

This upcoming season has had more open casting calls than ever before, so take that how you will.

Mike Boogie got hit with a $10.5 million judgement over two of his Atlanta properties for not paying rent. Is it wrong my first thought was "I hope Dr. Will isn't partnered on these"?

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 11:19 AM

I hope it's all new people or All-Stars and not a mix. I never want a mix again.

In other news, I am so distraught over the thought of not being able to discuss this season with everyone here. Like genuinely.

Shocker

Shocker

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 5:57 PM

In other news, I am so distraught over the thought of not being able to discuss this season with everyone here. Like genuinely.

There are so many TWoPers on the Previously.TV site, that I'm hopeful that we won't see much difference in the BB forum.  Glark said that we can decide on the names of the threads, so we can set up the BB forum to look similar to TWoP's.  I'm crossing my fingers anyway.

When I saw a BB commercial advertising for HGs for 2014 and saw Helen, my eye started to twitch.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 8:59 AM

When I saw a BB commercial advertising for HGs for 2014 and saw Helen, my eye started to twitch.
LOL! Amen. They probably should've just used footage from any other season and skipped last season all together.

HurricaneVal

HurricaneVal

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 1:16 PM

Oh good!  I do hope we can have the same sort of activity in the play-by-play live feed update and summary threads (spoilerific!) over there.  I absolutely depend on the commentary from y'all since I obviously can't watch the live feeds at work, and I'd be too ashamed to at home with Mr. HV looking over my shoulder.  This is my guiltiest of guiltiest pleasures, and I can only share my total shallowness with my fellow hamster-hater fans.

My very favorite thing is taking the real time live feed updates from y'all and comparing/contrasting that with what gets edited into the broadcast shows.  I find that very fascinating to note how the editing puts together a storyline, which is often quite contradictory to what is really happening inside the house.  It gives a lot of psychological insight into not only the hamsters themselves, but what the producers of the show want to portray, and how far they'll try to control the story.

georgiadawg

georgiadawg

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 11:31 AM

Mike Boogie got hit with a $10.5 million judgement over two of his Atlanta properties for not paying rent. Is it wrong my first thought was "I hope Dr. Will isn't partnered on these"?

My first thought was "Good."  

Geisha House was horrible. Almost every review on Yelp confirmed it.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 2:03 PM

Wow on Michelle Noonan.  I had a feeling she was a little off when I saw her on a game show where she was trying to act sexy to get a date.  She's just not sexy.  At all.  There's quite a few nude pics of her online too.

I had just posted in Aaryn's thread, but I think people come here more.  Her dad died early-Feb.  I don't know from what.

ETA: I just came across this by accident: GinaMarie is campaigning to get in Playboy Magazine.  Classy broad that she is.

Edited by ShaNaeNae, Apr 3, 2014 @ 2:55 PM.

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 3:12 PM

Janelle's either pregnant again or returning next season. Rumor has it next season may have a "Heroes vs. Villains" theme to it; Julie Chen, Evil Dick, and Andy have all made tweets hinting that it might happen (though in ED's case any involvement from him would be odd since he moved to Ireland a few months ago).

Of course, this is the same show that portrayed Jeff "gay people shouldn't be allowed to teach little kids" Schroeder with enough of a positive edit to win Fan Favorite twice, so much like Survivor "Hero" is going to be a relative term... and don't get me started on the aforementioned Dick.

Zahdii

Zahdii

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 1:11 AM

I'd never watch a season with returning players, because TPTB either bring back people I don't like, or the ones I like get voted out right away.  I've opted out of Amazing Race this season because I'm sick to death of seeing the same people.  Thank God Survivor brought on all new people this year.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 4:34 AM

They have villains who aren't last year's racists? You'd never know from the way this show is edited.

JilliBean

JilliBean

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 5:38 PM

It might mean absolutely nothing, but Hayden hinted in a few interviews he did around the time he was doing Survivor media that he might be back on BB this summer. At the very least, he has made it clear that he would like to be. 

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 2:00 PM

Never mind, Janelle's pregnant again after all. Congrats to her.