Mod Q&A: The Power Is Not Up For Grabs

• Please log in to reply

128 replies to this topic

Scrunt11

Scrunt11

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2009 @ 9:39 PM

TWop Mars

Is it okay for someone to send me a message that says something along the lines of "please go away." I mean, ya know, I was just giving my opinion on the boards and I get a message from someone saying that. Not the biggest deal in the world. But I can't respond cause his messages are blocked. Whats up with that?

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 27, 2009 @ 10:42 PM

I would just block that person and try to ignore it. We don't — and can't — moderate PMs, so that's really all I can offer. Sorry about that.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Aug 27, 2009 @ 10:42 PM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 12:40 AM

I don't understand why no one wanted to wait nine years for an episode thread.

Thanks for opening one up, though, which is the right thing to do in that case. I live on the West Coast, so didn't get to the thread until much later in the evening (I like to watch first). I have to admit I laughed at myself for that gigantic typo.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 13, 2010 @ 2:44 AM

I'll be taking a break for some work and some play for the next three weeks, so you'll see TWoP Gadget and TWoP Tennison around these parts. Please be as nice to them as you are to me (and then some). Thanks.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 6:26 PM

I'm subbing for the next two weeks. PM me or post here if you need anything.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 4, 2010 @ 7:00 PM

...And I'm back. Hopefully all rested and less cranky.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 5, 2011 @ 12:36 AM

Hey all. In case you forgot, discussion of the feeds is never allowed in the episode threads. The episode threads should be able to be read by someone who only watches (and only wants to know about) what happens on the show.

If you're confused about this, ask me here or in a PM or email.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Aug 5, 2011 @ 12:38 AM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 11:17 AM

The rules have not changed since last year, folks: It is not okay with me for you to call Brendon "Brenda." Why?

It's offensive to me, as a woman, that you find calling him by a woman's name to be insulting. We'll start warning for that from this point on.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2011 @ 10:22 PM

Question - a mod had mentioned closing down the live feed thread tomorrow morning. Apparently, the feeds are showing the "wrap party" tomorrow night at 10pm ET. Is it possible to keep the thread open to discuss that, or should that be in another thread, or is that considered just off-topic? I have no idea if it will be at all interesting, but I'm not quite ready to relinquish my BB obsession.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 15, 2011 @ 1:06 AM

It can stay open until then. As long as the feeds are on, the feed thread can be open. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 4, 2011 @ 12:51 AM

I know not many of you are around here, but for those who are ... I'll be on vacation for a little more than a week so TWoP Howard is in charge here. Be good to her.

jr352

jr352

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

It's been asked at the Media page but since spoilers are starting to leak out could you open the Live Feeds discussion page?

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

Are there going to be new threads over in the Houseguests subforum?

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 12:59 AM

Anyone is welcome to open them. But I will do it.

anotherone1

anotherone1

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 7:56 PM

Someone recently posted a reference to a BB HG wearing a "Canadian tuxedo". Is this sort of bigotry tolerated on this website? Just trying to get a feel for the "culture" here. I would have flagged it, but I did not make the decision to bring this up right away, so I am unsure where the post is in the forums, apologies.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

I am sorry for the delay in replying to this, but I have no idea how this is offensive. Please enlighten me.

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 12:57 PM

Hello, Big Brother forum! TWoP Mars is on vacation for a couple of weeks, so I'm filling in for her. Please continue to follow all the rules. Thank you!

Slider

Slider

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 10:33 AM

Which would be more appropraite for MVP voting and results talk?

a - The Editting Forum - for the idea that the edit could control a lot of the votes, or

b - The Speculation Forum - though once it's voted on, some of the speculation goes out the window, or

c - The Episode Forum - where the reveal actually happens, though there is speculation about their motives.

I think I've sort of answered my own question, but did want a second opinion.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 12:42 PM

Is it ok to make a thread just for BBAD?

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 1:02 PM

In previous years, and so far this year, we've discussed it in the Live Feeds thread—it is in essence a live feed. An annoyingly censored live feed, but still. That's TWoP Mars's call, though. 

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 7:02 AM

It is usually discussed in the feed thread, but I'd be okay with it having its own thread. That would give folks who JUST watch After Dark to discuss without having to slog through the other feeds stuff.

I do reserve the right to close it if it's not working, though.

Oh, and Slider, I think it could be discussed in all of those places depending on what the discussion is. 

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 12:36 AM

Please remember to keep spoilery feed topics behing tags in non-spoilery threads. However, if something has been talked about in mainstream media, it's no longer a spoiler. But it is still never on topic in the episode thread — with or without tags.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

Would a "How To Reboot Big Brother" type topic be acceptable?  There used to be one it seems, but it got transferred to the dead topics forum.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 8, 2013 @ 7:20 AM

Go ahead and reopen one. If you can link me to the old one, I'll also request that it be unarchived so that we can merge them. Thanks.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 3:06 PM

The new topic I made is here:  Tweak, or Reboot, Big Brother

The old locked topic was: Ideas for Future Seasons

If nobody is interested in the new topic, it may not be worth the trouble integrating the two.  I only just noticed that the older topic didn't get that many posts anyway. 

JediDVguy

JediDVguy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 11:40 AM

Can exceptions be made this season for the "no live feed talk in the episode thread" rule? I totally get why it's against the rules to post spoilers concerning nominations, competitions, and evictions, but can we make references to the non-game-related racist/homophobic/sexist/violent/etc. comments which have been plastered all over various online media outlets?

Edited by JediDVguy, Jul 29, 2013 @ 12:28 PM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:15 PM

I think that's what the specific Editing thread is for.  TWOP Mars may certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, the reason that live-feeds talk is verboten in the episode threads is not so much that it contains spoilers as it is that it is, by definition, off-topic in the episode threads, which are specifically dedicated to discussion of what happens in the actually-aired episodes only.

JediDVguy

JediDVguy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:31 PM

Thanks for the clarification, legaleagle. That makes sense.

Edited by JediDVguy, Jul 29, 2013 @ 11:57 PM.

Todd

Todd

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 14, 2013 @ 1:13 PM

the reason that live-feeds talk is verboten in the episode threads is not so much that it contains spoilers as it is that it is, by definition, off-topic in the episode threads, which are specifically dedicated to discussion of what happens in the actually-aired episodes only.

I was just wondering about this, as so often what we see in the CBS episodes can only be explained in the context of something that happened on the feeds (recent example: the otherwise baffling backdooring and eviction of Judd). 

Malachi

Malachi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 14, 2013 @ 8:29 PM

I started an episode thread for tonight's episode but I accidentally put the wrong date.

[Fixed—TWoP Howard]

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 14, 2013 @ 10:38 PM.